What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

I don’t think many will like my side of this, but I decided to overpay to get Chase to go with my Burrow in SF PPR. 

Sent: DK, Higgins, Renfrow

Got: Chase, Toney, Frisker, Parham
If you believe that much in Chase then its not an overpay IMO.  Sometimes you just have to go get your guy.

Would think Mahomes would pull more than that on his own. Fields and Darnold hardly inspire long-term confidence at the QB position IMO.

Would be fair without Tyreek
I have it as:

Mahomes ~ Fields+McLaurin

Tyreek ~ Darnold, R Moore, two 2nds

Free Gronk, Lock and 3rds

I don't know. I think it is alright enough on paper but I don't know if I could ship Mahomes and Tyreek here. I do think people aren't valuing Fields highly enough here. I would be much more inclined to move Mahomes for Fields plus McLaurin (for example) than to do the rest of this package but I don't hate it.

FFPC SuperFlex not involved - this is one of the biggest trades I've ever seen and it's awesome it came on Sunday morning less than an hour before the main slate kickoff. Also, amazing there are no 1sts involved

Team A gave Fields, Darnold, McLaurin, Rondale Moore, 2022 2nd x2
Team B gave Mahomes, Tyreek, Lock, Gronk 2022 3rd x2
FWIW DTC has it as 129 to 125 in favor of the Mahomes side. If either of those 2nds is early then this is dead even. On paper.

I have it as:

I don't know. I think it is alright enough on paper but I don't know if I could ship Mahomes and Tyreek here. I do think people aren't valuing Fields highly enough here. I would be much more inclined to move Mahomes for Fields plus McLaurin (for example) than to do the rest of this package but I don't hate it.
It depends heavily on the scoring rules, but I think you are overvaluing Fields and Darnold. 

If you believe that much in Chase then its not an overpay IMO.  Sometimes you just have to go get your guy.
Yeah, that’s how I felt about it. Plus I liked the idea of pairing Chase with Burrow.

Now, I just traded for Chase in my dynasty where I’m building. 

Gave: Godwin, MWill, Diontae, Stevenson

Got: Chase, Claypool (ChaseX2!), P Campbell, G Davis, Parham, 2022 2nd

Figured that the two Chases will go better with my youth movement that also includes Lance, Fields, Javonte, Waddle, Toney, Carter, Freiermuth and an extra first in the next two drafts.

18-team .5ppr keeper (5 total, max 2 at each position)

Got Moss and Bernard

Gave Gallup and 2021-1st (projecting to be mid to late)

Taylor was the only RB getting carriers after losing Dobbins and Mostert, yet still managed to stay competitive thanks to some strong IDP play. WRs are now Chase, Meyers, K. Raymond, Fuller and Washington. There are redshirt spots which will allow me to keep Dobbins because his injury happened prior to the season start fwiw.

Last edited by a moderator:
barackdhouse said:
I have it as:

To each their own, but I would value Mahomes and Tyreek as significantly more valuable than the other sides you have listed. Fields looks lost out there now that it’s not pre-season, so him plus McLaurin wouldn’t be close for me in single QB, much less SF. People were shoveling dirt on Darnold only a month ago and while Moore is a nice upside flyer at the WR position, the 2nds add little to make up for Tyreek who should be dynasty WR1~3 on everyone’s lists. The rest is free for a reason, because it holds little value, if anything, injured Gronk and especially Lock may have negative value killing 2 extra roster spots.

12 teams 1RB,3WR,1Flex I traded J Robinson +2nd(late) for Lamb+3rd(early)

WR1 is Adams but have been playing matchups and starting 2 of Meyers, Shenault, Pittman,Waddle and Brown(Raiders) and usually get the mix wrong.

12 teams 1RB,3WR,1Flex I traded J Robinson +3rd(late) for Lamb+2nd(early)

WR1 is Adams but have been playing matchups and starting 2 of Meyers, Shenault, Pittman,Waddle and Brown(Raiders) and usually get the mix wrong.
I own both players in a league with the same exact starting format.  Seems cheap for Lamb, and also thrilled to see Robinson is holding that kind of value at the moment.  I like the move for you depending on who your other RB(s) are.

I own both players in a league with the same exact starting format.  Seems cheap for Lamb, and also thrilled to see Robinson is holding that kind of value at the moment.  I like the move for you depending on who your other RB(s) are.
I don't have the best RB depth left but with only needing 1 to start I should be ok. Have Taylor,Harris(NE),Moss and Singletary.

12 team SF, PPR

Team A: Gets  ZEKE (contender).

Team B: Gets  A 23 1st and Etienne (non-contender).

Team A got a great deal - depending on how high that pick ends up being (assuming not very based on the team being a contender that just added a key piece).  I am probably a little low on Etienne - didn't love him as a prospect and don't think Urban Meyer has a clue. 

Was just offered Tyreek Hill for Michael Thomas and Mike Williams. Couple weeks ago I’d have jumped on that but damn Big Mike has been straight fire. 

I would have hurt myself rushing to accept this
Really?  I love Tyreek Hill, but this trade is basically assuming Michael Thomas stays on IR.  

I think Michael Thomas will put up some decent numbers with Winston at QB.  Mike Williams seems to be the focal point of the Chargers passing game...

Really?  I love Tyreek Hill, but this trade is basically assuming Michael Thomas stays on IR.  

I think Michael Thomas will put up some decent numbers with Winston at QB.  Mike Williams seems to be the focal point of the Chargers passing game...

This is a dynasty trade, right?  I don't see Thomas rebounding to anything above WR24 going forward, and I refuse to own any player named Mike Williams.  Expect massive regression to the mean for him ROS.

To each their own, but I would value Mahomes and Tyreek as significantly more valuable than the other sides you have listed. Fields looks lost out there now that it’s not pre-season, so him plus McLaurin wouldn’t be close for me in single QB, much less SF. People were shoveling dirt on Darnold only a month ago and while Moore is a nice upside flyer at the WR position, the 2nds add little to make up for Tyreek who should be dynasty WR1~3 on everyone’s lists. The rest is free for a reason, because it holds little value, if anything, injured Gronk and especially Lock may have negative value killing 2 extra roster spots.
As I said, I don't see myself moving Mahomes and Hill in that deal, but this is obviously a long term play. You can't judge Fields based on two games with Nagy there. That is absurd. Whoever was burying Darnold was wrong. This is SF where he is worth quite a bit. And Moore is a lot more than a nice upside flyer. He is breaking out before our eyes on one of the best offenses in football. There is a lot of cheddar on that side of the deal. And McLaurin is a big blue chip as well. 

I think it is fair to say that none of us would move Mahomes and Hill unless it knocked our socks off. So it comes down to you (and others) don't like those guys and I kind of do. Not enough to swing it for me but I think it is fine that if you have red flags on these guys then you wouldn't do it. 

I wouldn't either but I think it is close enough to discuss. Also, can anyone point to any other recent SF deals that included Mahomes and Tyreek? What *would* it take? I honestly don't even know for me.

barackdhouse said:
FWIW DTC has it as 129 to 125 in favor of the Mahomes side. If either of those 2nds is early then this is dead even. On paper.
Hindery has it as 121 to 118 in favor of the Fields side. Could be some big adjustments come November though. Fields down a small notch and Rondale up a small one, I would guess. 

Trade calculators have a time delay.

This is a dynasty trade, right?  I don't see Thomas rebounding to anything above WR24 going forward, and I refuse to own any player named Mike Williams.  Expect massive regression to the mean for him ROS.
I figured this offer would have people on both sides since both Thomas and Mike W are polarizing in terms of value. A year ago Thomas and Tyreek were both about the same and Mike is out scoring Tyreek so far this year. That said Tyreek is by far the more secure option at this point in time. It’s still up and I’m still considering it. 

14 team SF with 1.5 TEP

I traded Roethlisberger + my 2023 2nd for 2023 1st

Happy to get anything for Roethlisberger. Think this is a @Chad Parsons package-up special.

I'm a non-contender this year with 3 2022 1sts and, now, 4 2023 1sts. My QB room is now Herbert, Lance, Watson, Love and some other backups.

Official. I traded Michael Thomas and Mike Williams for Tyreek Hill. I traded a 2/3 for Williams over the offseason so I don’t have a lot into him and I have a deep team so I had the guys to do a 2-1 and not harm my depth too much. That was key in doing the deal for me. 

Hindery has it as 121 to 118 in favor of the Fields side. Could be some big adjustments come November though. Fields down a small notch and Rondale up a small one, I would guess. 

Trade calculators have a time delay.
DLF’s trade calculator has the value 1,678 to the Mahomes side vs 1,223 for the package and that’s making all the picks early. The big difference is likely that DLF builds in discounts to trade sides where you are adding a bunch of smaller pieces together (to say nothing of junk pieces with negative value like Lock) to make up value differences in acquiring more valuable assets. The idea being that in fantasy, 5 nickels does not always equal a quarter.

It’s all subjective but IMO this is a likely textbook example where someone said “oh, I need to throw in a bunch of very low value sweeteners to try to make up for the massive difference in value so it looks slightly even on paper.” Meanwhile getting the 2 best assets in the deal, freeing up multiple roster spots, and offloading a bunch of flyers and later round picks that may or may not ever amount to anything.

OK...  My orphaned Rebuild took a bit of a twist ...  12 Team 1QB/1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-2TE (restricted Flex) 0.5 ppr / 1.0 PPR TE

When I took this team over (March 2021) it had FEW assets of merit:  1.01 & 2.01 draft picks & AJ Brown (Tenn WR)

I have made 18 trades since then, partly selling the future and building for a goal of competitive in 2024 

I TRADED AWAY:  WR DJ Moore, WR Marq Brown, 2022 1st (early/top 5) and 2022 1st (late/def champ)

I RECEIVED BACK:  RB Christian McCaffery, WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 2nd (early/top 5)

We went back & forth of several iterations of deals.  I can live with this... 

While I do not have any 1st round picks in 2022 remaining, I have 4x2nd & 2x3rds I plan to move for 2023 assets. 

My Roster today:

QB:  C Wentz, M Ryan, D Watson, D Mills

RB: CMC, CEH, DarrelW, Perine, Rountree, Gio

WR: Ridley, Pittman, Sutton, Van Jefferson, Agholor, Reagor, Josh Gordon

TE: Ertz, Parham, Kroft

Did I sacrifice too much?  We can start 5 WR at 0.5 PPR and I was building my WR well.  But RB was weak. 

@Hot Sauce Guy -->  Appreciate your input as we both had Major Rebuilds underway! 

OK...  My orphaned Rebuild took a bit of a twist ...  12 Team 1QB/1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-2TE (restricted Flex) 0.5 ppr / 1.0 PPR TE

When I took this team over (March 2021) it had FEW assets of merit:  1.01 & 2.01 draft picks & AJ Brown (Tenn WR)

I have made 18 trades since then, partly selling the future and building for a goal of competitive in 2024 

I TRADED AWAY:  WR DJ Moore, WR Marq Brown, 2022 1st (early/top 5) and 2022 1st (late/def champ)

I RECEIVED BACK:  RB Christian McCaffery, WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 2nd (early/top 5)

While I do not have any 1st round picks in 2022 remaining, I have 4x2nd & 2x3rds I plan to move for 2023 assets. 

My Roster today:

Did I sacrifice too much?  We can start 5 WR at 0.5 PPR and I was building my WR well.  But RB was weak. 

@Hot Sauce Guy -->  Appreciate your input as we both had Major Rebuilds underway! 
Looks like it’s coming along nicely!

Birdie048 said:

My Roster today:

I mean, I'm kind of wondering what you're doing. DJM and possibly now Marquise are guys to build around, as of course are the two 1sts. My thinking in a rebuild is get young talented WRs (and QBs if SF) built up along with picks, then draft RBs, the position that is more tailored for players to come in and succeed as rookies.

I took over two orphaned dynasty teams this year too, SF PPR with TE premium. I decided to rebuild on one of them and win now on the other. So for the rebuild so far I've traded Burrow, Godwin, MWill, Diontae, Wentz, and 2023 2nd for Chase, Fields, Claypool, Gainwell, a mid-2022 1st, mid-late 2023 1st, Renfrow. So you see the plan there to get some talented young WRs and some extra 1sts. Didn't necessarily want to trade Burrow, but I did it to get the 2023 1st along with Fields. Then with Fields, Lance and Javonte, I knew I was in full rebuild mode despite my strong WRs and traded to get Chase and Claypool to fit that plan. I'm not sure what your plan is. Like why are you worrying that your RBs are weak when you're rebuilding this season anyway? Having weak RBs is how you manage to get a good pick while building up your WRs, and then you can hope to draft RBs ready to be on a competing team right away.

Buckna said:
DLF’s trade calculator has the value 1,678 to the Mahomes side vs 1,223 for the package and that’s making all the picks early. The big difference is likely that DLF builds in discounts to trade sides where you are adding a bunch of smaller pieces together (to say nothing of junk pieces with negative value like Lock) to make up value differences in acquiring more valuable assets. The idea being that in fantasy, 5 nickels does not always equal a quarter.

It’s all subjective but IMO this is a likely textbook example where someone said “oh, I need to throw in a bunch of very low value sweeteners to try to make up for the massive difference in value so it looks slightly even on paper.” Meanwhile getting the 2 best assets in the deal, freeing up multiple roster spots, and offloading a bunch of flyers and later round picks that may or may not ever amount to anything.
Yeah I know what you're saying. I think you would feel differently if the same pieces (Fields, McLaurin, Darnold, Moore) were players you did like but comparably priced. Like I said, it has to knock your socks off.

As for the bolded, yes I couldn't agree more. Roster cloggers have negative value. Like a pocket full of change you're never going to use but it pulls your belt down it's so heavy. IDK lol

Birdie048 said:

My Roster today:

It's one thing to pivot away from rebuilding and toward trying to win now, but IMO that team isn't good enough to win now (or next year), and if your goal is to try and be competitive in 2024, guys like Moore, Brown, and those 2022 firsts (especially the early one) would have given you a better shot than what you got.

Obviously everyone loves McCaffrey, but IMO he doesn't make you a contender, and who knows how good he'll be in 2-3 years when you may be able to compete? Generally in a rebuild, you want to acquire assets that last longer, like WR and QB (and TE in premium), and then add the RBs when you're able to compete.

Good luck though!

I mean, I'm kind of wondering what you're doing. DJM and possibly now Marquise are guys to build around, as of course are the two 1sts. My thinking in a rebuild is get young talented WRs (and QBs if SF) built up along with picks, then draft RBs, the position that is more tailored for players to come in and succeed as rookies.

I took over two orphaned dynasty teams this year too, SF PPR with TE premium. I decided to rebuild on one of them and win now on the other. So for the rebuild so far I've traded Burrow, Godwin, MWill, Diontae, Wentz, and 2023 2nd for Chase, Fields, Claypool, Gainwell, a mid-2022 1st, mid-late 2023 1st, Renfrow. So you see the plan there to get some talented young WRs and some extra 1sts. Didn't necessarily want to trade Burrow, but I did it to get the 2023 1st along with Fields. Then with Fields, Lance and Javonte, I knew I was in full rebuild mode despite my strong WRs and traded to get Chase and Claypool to fit that plan. I'm not sure what your plan is. Like why are you worrying that your RBs are weak when you're rebuilding this season anyway? Having weak RBs is how you manage to get a good pick while building up your WRs, and then you can hope to draft RBs ready to be on a competing team right away.
Appreciate the feedback.  I was torn on making the CMC deal at the cost of future value.  The problem is I am #3 in Total Points scored this year. I now have a chance to compete and I think the risk was worth it, but yeah, it was expensive.  I agree it was a "change in rebuild to compete" and I guess I lost sight of that.  But this team started with so little in assets.  

My plan was to build a solid WR group - Ridley, DJ Moore, Pittman, Hollywood, Van Jefferson, Reagor, Josh Gordon were my WR.  We can start 5 WR with 0.5 ppr so that was key to winning IMO.  Yes, DJ Moore is a solid building block, and the Pass Def they have faced so far (3 bottom 10 - Dallas #30) is not what they will see coming up (5 of 6 Top 10).  Age of CMC (25) was a key part of the equation in my "youth movement".  I don't think DJ continues this high level of performance & his targets will be reduced by those going to CMC.  And Hollywood is a by-product of Balt having no quality RB group due to injuries.  I don't see his performance continuing to exceed the WR2 level of contribution next year.   But another key contributor to making the deal is the lack of overall talent in 2022 draft class.  I still have 6 picks in Top 30 in 2022 that I intend to move for 2023 draft picks.  I see 2023 as the more valuable higher ceiling talent class.  

Every Rebuild is different.  I started this will no design in March, but it developed into a WR talent acquisition.  I still have quality WR group - Ridley, Sutton, Pittman, Van Jefferson, Reagor, Josh Gordon.  But now I have RB1 (CMC) & RB2 (CEH).  I plan to target QB1 & TE1 with my futures.  I was not expecting to be "title competitive until 2024-2025" with this team.  Getting CMC was not expected or planned.  It just fell into my lap.  They started 0-5 (likely 0-6 coming) and wanted to Rebuild.  

Appreciate the feedback.  I was torn on making the CMC deal at the cost of future value.  The problem is I am #3 in Total Points scored this year. I now have a chance to compete and I think the risk was worth it, but yeah, it was expensive.  I agree it was a "change in rebuild to compete" and I guess I lost sight of that.  But this team started with so little in assets.  

My plan was to build a solid WR group - Ridley, DJ Moore, Pittman, Hollywood, Van Jefferson, Reagor, Josh Gordon were my WR.  We can start 5 WR with 0.5 ppr so that was key to winning IMO.  Yes, DJ Moore is a solid building block, and the Pass Def they have faced so far (3 bottom 10 - Dallas #30) is not what they will see coming up (5 of 6 Top 10).  Age of CMC (25) was a key part of the equation in my "youth movement".  I don't think DJ continues this high level of performance & his targets will be reduced by those going to CMC.  And Hollywood is a by-product of Balt having no quality RB group due to injuries.  I don't see his performance continuing to exceed the WR2 level of contribution next year.   But another key contributor to making the deal is the lack of overall talent in 2022 draft class.  I still have 6 picks in Top 30 in 2022 that I intend to move for 2023 draft picks.  I see 2023 as the more valuable higher ceiling talent class.  

Every Rebuild is different.  I started this will no design in March, but it developed into a WR talent acquisition.  I still have quality WR group - Ridley, Sutton, Pittman, Van Jefferson, Reagor, Josh Gordon.  But now I have RB1 (CMC) & RB2 (CEH).  I plan to target QB1 & TE1 with my futures.  I was not expecting to be "title competitive until 2024-2025" with this team.  Getting CMC was not expected or planned.  It just fell into my lap.  They started 0-5 (likely 0-6 coming) and wanted to Rebuild.  
Honestly I'm surprised that team is #3 in points, but it has to be because of the 2 WRs you traded away, right? I don't see anyone else on your current roster that has been great.

IMO 25 for a RB (who may or may not be on the verge of being considered "injury prone") is a huge difference from 24 for a WR in the case of Moore. I do see some of your logic, and if you are correct about those players then it could work out in your favor, but I just don't think it was a good fit for the composition of your team (I still think that team is rebuilding more than contending). Of course, assuming CMC comes back healthy and is his usual self you could always sell him later this year or next if you aren't contending (although you may not get as good of a package as you gave up to get him).

Honestly I'm surprised that team is #3 in points, but it has to be because of the 2 WRs you traded away, right? I don't see anyone else on your current roster that has been great.

IMO 25 for a RB (who may or may not be on the verge of being considered "injury prone") is a huge difference from 24 for a WR in the case of Moore. I do see some of your logic, and if you are correct about those players then it could work out in your favor, but I just don't think it was a good fit for the composition of your team (I still think that team is rebuilding more than contending). Of course, assuming CMC comes back healthy and is his usual self you could always sell him later this year or next if you aren't contending (although you may not get as good of a package as you gave up to get him).
CMC just went on IR....  CRUSHED! 

Yeah, I didn't see that roster as competing this year with CMC, and now even less likely. Here's what I did with the orphan team I took over which I decided to go for it, as a comparison. In this one, I've made 13 trades since taking over the team two days before the start of the season. This team was actually winless last season, so I'm hoping to take it from last to 1st.

Gave: Chubb, Mixon, MT, Fant, Tua, Winston, Henicke, Njoku, Hines, 2022 1st and 2nd, 2023 1st and 2nd, 2024 1st

Got: Chase, Kamara, Najee, DJM, MWill, Deebo, Kittle, Toney, Moss/Singletary, ARob, Boyd

12 team SF

Team A: gives Lance 

Team B: gives Hurts, Christian Kirk, 2022 and 2023 2nd. 

Give me Lance...the big reason is Lance will definitely be the starting QB for the Niners for a long period of time...on the other side I really don't see the need to make this deal...Hurts could solidify himself but there is a chance that does not happen and I just don't see Kirk and two second rounders worth taking this risk...you need to get more than that.

Yeah, I didn't see that roster as competing this year with CMC, and now even less likely. Here's what I did with the orphan team I took over which I decided to go for it, as a comparison. In this one, I've made 13 trades since taking over the team two days before the start of the season. This team was actually winless last season, so I'm hoping to take it from last to 1st.

Gave: Chubb, Mixon, MT, Fant, Tua, Winston, Henicke, Njoku, Hines, 2022 1st and 2nd, 2023 1st and 2nd, 2024 1st

Got: Chase, Kamara, Najee, DJM, MWill, Deebo, Kittle, Toney, Moss/Singletary, ARob, Boyd
Excellent work on the reconstruction! Nice young talent acquisition! 

The only problem is I was my initial roster consisted of P Rivers, Cam, Carr, Lindsay, AJ Brown, Pittman, Marvin Jones & Cook plus the 1.01 pick.  I have had to wheel & deal to even have a starting roster that scored points.  

With CMC going IR, yeah, it makes my deal look worse.  While the "tables & tools" say it was a fair deal, I am now looking at it in hindsight with a bit of remorse.  There was a reason his team was 0-5 (or soon to be 0-6).  

Excellent work on the reconstruction! Nice young talent acquisition! 

The only problem is I was my initial roster consisted of P Rivers, Cam, Carr, Lindsay, AJ Brown, Pittman, Marvin Jones & Cook plus the 1.01 pick.  I have had to wheel & deal to even have a starting roster that scored points.  

With CMC going IR, yeah, it makes my deal look worse.  While the "tables & tools" say it was a fair deal, I am not looking at it in hindsight with a bit of remorse.  There was a reason his team was 0-5 (or soon to be 0-6).  
Yeah, while this team was winless last season, I saw it had Burrow and Lawrence for me to build around in SF. As well as DaVonta Smith. I somehow left him off of the players I traded away. And that I had some trade chips in Chubb, Mixon and MT. Though you start 2 RB, 3 WR and 3 regular flex in this league. So my team had a woeful lack of depth. You can start 6 WRs, and I only had DaVonta Smith as startable (with MT on IR). In four weeks, I turned that into Chase, DJM, MWill, Deebo, Toney, CPat, ARob, Boyd. And actually improved my RBs while doing so, while maintaining Borrow and TLaw. Of course, I’ve given away almost all my future picks. But I did target young players who can win now, but also win later.

All isn’t lost for you. I’d just consider it part of the rebuild. The key for you is to wait until CMC comes back and puts up a good game or two, then see what you can get for him from a contender. In a rebuild, the best thing is that players aren’t worth what they are now. They’re worth whatever they are at their peak. Since you’re not winning now, you can wait for them to hit peak value and sell then.

12 Team standard scoring

Team A     -     Jerry Jeudy

Team B.    -     Elijah Mitchell, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Geno Smith

14 Team Standard Scoring

Made 2 trades:

Gave: Godwin and 2022 2nd Round Pick (2.09-2.14)

Got: Mike Williams and 2022 1st Round Pick (1.07 at the moment but could be 1.01-1.08)

Gave: Mike Williams

Got: Big Ben and 2022 1st Round Rookie Pick (could be 1.01-1.10)

So basically dealt Godwin and a late 2nd Round Rookie Pick for Big Ben and 2 Early to Mid 1st Round Rookie Picks.

We can start 3 RB and 1 WR each week and have Nuk as my WR.  Now own 3 #1 Rookie Picks I can use to find another WR.  Big Ben was a roster filler for the year but will not back up Mahomes instead of Goff.

A case study on how not to do it.

I get dumping talent for draft picks to rebuild but over the last few weeks one guy has gone overboard. 14 team SF PPR. He took over the team this year. Previous owner traded away all his 21’ and 22’ draft picks, won the league and didn’t come back. I really think he could have remained competitive and just waited for his draft picks to restock, or at least waited to make some better deals. All these went down between week 3-4 after he had gotten off to a 1-2 start.

Josh Allen, N. Aghlor   for K.Mond, 22’ 1st Mid late, & 23’ 1st Mid late

J.Jacobs, & AB for J.Meyers, 23’ 1st Mid Late, 22 2nd Mid Late

C.Ridley for J.Patterson, 23 1st Mid Late

T.McLaurin for N.Collins, 22’ 2nd Early, 23’ 1st Late

A.Thielen for K.Trask

Some aren’t horrible but most of the 1st’s are in 23’ so he is pretty much dead for next year too. Doesn’t bother me much as I have his first rounder for next year so that went from a mid late pick to the 1st or 2nd overall. After he made the first few deals he started offering me deal after deal to get his pick back. I kept telling him that pick just went up in value tremendously over the last day or two, plus he gave away his premium assets.  

1)      Your team won it last year. 1-2 is not a horrific start. Run it out, I would think all of those deals could be made in the offseason. You have no 22’picks so trading all your talent away doesn’t bump your draft picks up. Even if you don’t make the playoffs you would have a good chance of winning the toilet bowl for the 15 overall pick in 22’.

2)       If you know you are deconstructing your team – maybe go get your 1st rounder back first. I probably would have dealt T.Lawrence and his 1st rounder for Allen, Aghlor. Or at least something like that. Which would you rather have?

3)      Why move Allen and for a couple of late firsts at all. Allen could play for 10+ years. Your two late firsts, who knows.

4)      After moving Allen he had no starting QB in SF. You have effectively killed your team, you don’t have your pick. Every pick you have traded for you have just made the team who’s pick you got better. Not to mention most of the picks are 2 years down the road.

5)      Thielen for Trask???

Maybe someone can find the logic to the moves and timing, but I can’t

Users who are viewing this thread