What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

12 team PPR Startup draft trade went down yesterday:

Team A gives:

Winston, Jeremy Hill, and Karlos Williams

Team B gives:

Bortles, Jordan Howard, 2017 1st & 2nd round picks

12 team no PPR 5 point pass TD

A gives Tannehill, 1.8

B gives Alex Smith, DeMarco Murray, 3.2

A is loaded except at RB, where Duke and Tevin Coleman were his starters, and no RB3 to speak of.  B is loaded everywhere, looking to get younger.  Both will compete this season.

Didn't get this posted at the time it occurred... now it obviously looks different.

16-Team; .5PPR; QWWRRTFF

Last Thursday the following trade occurred:

Team A sends: Le'Veon Bell; Suspension Insurance through August 15th of 2018

Team B sends: Demaryius Thomas, Dion Lewis

The suspension insurance was defined as a future first round pick to Team B should Le'Veon Bell be suspended for an entire year prior to August 15 of 2018. At the time, both owners thought Bell was headed to the next level in the substance abuse program and would be facing either 10 or 16 games for his next screw up.  On Friday Bell's appeal comes down; on Sunday Lewis' surgery news comes down...

Last edited by a moderator:
ARob, David Johnson, Dorsett, Mariota, Bortles, .. taken in 3rd in this league past few drafts.  
I saw David Johnson, Dorsett and Robinson go in the first in some drafts and no later than early second - the QBs in the second. Obviously all leagues are different and I don't know your league specifics but even just throwing out a few of the "hits" ignores the many "misses". While getting cut by the Titans isn't a great sign for DGB's future, it's a little too early to just bail on a guy that likely went late first/early second in last year's rookie drafts based on his potential.

PPR Blockbuster

Team A: David Johnson, Julio, Odell Beckham, Moncrief

Team B: Adrian Peterson, Antonio Brown, A-Rob, Cooks

Several Trades went down either during or right after our rookie draft:

Team 1 Gives: Paul Perkins, Tajae Sharpe

Team 2 Gives: Devontae Booker, Coby Fleener, 2017 4th round pick

Team 1 Gives: Sammie Coates, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, 2017 4th

Team 3 Gives: Jameis Winston

Team 4 Gives: Josh Gordon, Martavis Bryant, Jaelen Strong, Colin Kaepernick

Team 5 Gives: Dak Prescott, Jonathan Williams, Tyler Ervin, Mohamed Sanu

Several Trades went down either during or right after our rookie draft:

Team 1 Gives: Paul Perkins, Tajae Sharpe

Team 2 Gives: Devontae Booker, Coby Fleener, 2017 4th round pick

Team 1 Gives: Sammie Coates, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, 2017 4th

Team 3 Gives: Jameis Winston

Team 4 Gives: Josh Gordon, Martavis Bryant, Jaelen Strong, Colin Kaepernick

Team 5 Gives: Dak Prescott, Jonathan Williams, Tyler Ervin, Mohamed Sanu
Fleener

winston

weed smokers

Someone really drank the Dak-Kool aid on that one.  I'll easily take the ceiling side of the suspension crew.

14 team devy league - PPR, 1.5 for TEs

A gets: Olsen, 2017 3rd

B gets: M.Mitchell and 2017 1st

Draft picks are watered down due to all devy's being rostered already (Fournette, Chubb, Cook, etc).  And this 1st should be late as well

I saw David Johnson, Dorsett and Robinson go in the first in some drafts and no later than early second - the QBs in the second. Obviously all leagues are different and I don't know your league specifics but even just throwing out a few of the "hits" ignores the many "misses". While getting cut by the Titans isn't a great sign for DGB's future, it's a little too early to just bail on a guy that likely went late first/early second in last year's rookie drafts based on his potential.
Well, managers in my league love to reach for IDP guys early in drafts, which allows some really nice offensive talent to slip later into the drafts.  Happens every year and I laugh every time.  

I'm just happy to be ahead of the game, in my opinion.  A year from now it's very possible I can't even get a 3rd in my league.  Cool, he may be worth a 1 at that point, but I highly doubt it.  Come draft time I can probably flip that 3rd for something very valuable, as managers in my league drool over picks.  

Also very happy to free up a roster spot to keep a handcuff that I didn't think I'd be able to keep, like a Zach Zenner for instance.  It's pointless to argue why I did it, every league is just so different.  Apparently most agree DGB is worth more than a 3rd, but I'm more than satisfied. 

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR Blockbuster

Team A: David Johnson, Julio, Odell Beckham, Moncrief

Team B: Adrian Peterson, Antonio Brown, A-Rob, Cooks
Wow, that is a big one! Pretty strange though, because people usually get emotionally attached to their studs and these guys just traded them all away.

I like the DJ/Julio/Beckham side by a decent margin.

I pulled the trigger on this one just now.  10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex (.5ppr)

Traded: Dez

Got:  David Johnson and Funchess

Might have fallen into the Funchess hype recently but he will be serviceable at the very least.  Still starting AB/Evans/DT most weeks.  And now have Zeke/DJ to anchor RB.

14 team devy league - PPR, 1.5 for TEs

A gets: Olsen, 2017 3rd

B gets: M.Mitchell and 2017 1st

Draft picks are watered down due to all devy's being rostered already (Fournette, Chubb, Cook, etc).  And this 1st should be late as well
I'll take Team B as I am Team B! Team is in total rebuild and I felt this was the best of a few similar offers- a 1st and a player of some sort and Mitchell being the best of those players. I did think of one other offer that could have provided a higher pick but no guarantee so decided to get a better young player with promise and the later pick.

10 teamer.  Rawls swapped even for TJ Yeldon.  Now guy now with Yeldon had Ivory, the guy now with Rawls had C Mike.

12 team PPR 

TE Jordan Cameron

For 

WR Dorial Green-Beckham
I actually offered this and didn't get a response. I agree Cameron has little value. I did just trade him for rookie pick 4.5 which was used on WR Mike Thomas RAMS. A crapshoot either way probably but my WR depth is thin.

Where did Dorsett get drafted last year?
2nd round...19th overall.

I'm not involved in this trade, guy dealing PD has many roster cuts to make so this must've been the best deal he could make to get something so he could keep someone else.

Question....

In a start-up, when do you offer your 2017 1st for the current pick?  5th round?
Are you asking if you should trade your 2017 1st round pick for a 5th rounder?

It would take more than a 5th rounder to get my 2017 first round pick.  Next year's draft is stacked.  Maybe I value 1st round picks too much even if 2017 is supposed to be special.

HairySasquatch said:
Are you asking if you should trade your 2017 1st round pick for a 5th rounder?

It would take more than a 5th rounder to get my 2017 first round pick.  Next year's draft is stacked.  Maybe I value 1st round picks too much even if 2017 is supposed to be special.
I'm just wondering in general, at what pick John Q. would consider offering up their 2017 1st in a start-up. 

We are at 4.07 now and I'm dying to pick again (already picked at 4.05). So I'm considering offering my future 1st for the 4.07.  My target here is Jordan Matthews.  So in my particular case, it's Matthews for 2017 1st, but was curious of everyone's thoughts in general. 

I'm just wondering in general, at what pick John Q. would consider offering up their 2017 1st in a start-up. 

We are at 4.07 now and I'm dying to pick again (already picked at 4.05). So I'm considering offering my future 1st for the 4.07.  My target here is Jordan Matthews.  So in my particular case, it's Matthews for 2017 1st, but was curious of everyone's thoughts in general. 
Now that you mention who your target is, I hate it for you.  I would just wait and see if Mathews falls to you in the 5th.  Start a post in assistant coach forum if you want to discuss further

Now that you mention who your target is, I hate it for you.  I would just wait and see if Mathews falls to you in the 5th.  Start a post in assistant coach forum if you want to discuss further
I know everyone has their own perspective/bias but I saw Jordan Mathews go anywhere between 1.03 and 1.08 in rookie drafts when he came out and he has done well during his first two seasons and will likely build on those numbers as by far the most talented pass catcher on the roster - while I'm not suggesting that he necessarily trade his 2017 first for the right to draft Mathews (I like your advice to wait it out), what would be so egregious about it?

I know everyone has their own perspective/bias but I saw Jordan Mathews go anywhere between 1.03 and 1.08 in rookie drafts when he came out and he has done well during his first two seasons and will likely build on those numbers as by far the most talented pass catcher on the roster - while I'm not suggesting that he necessarily trade his 2017 first for the right to draft Mathews (I like your advice to wait it out), what would be so egregious about it?
Ha.  Sorry for my lazy answer.  And using the word hate does come off a bit harsh, it was more tongue in cheek.  My thinking is Mathews is a good WR, I just don't see him as ever being more than a WR2.  In round 4 of a startup dynasty, this guy has no clue if his pick will be early or late next year.  I wouldn't risk giving up a possible franchise player for a solid WR2.  WR points are easy enough to get through other cheaper ways IMO.  

On the other hand, if he has his heart set on Mathews, then he may need to make the deal to get him.  I personally would wait and see, but it's not as crazy of a move as I made it sound initially.  

Just did this deal in a late rookie draft. 12 team PPR. 

Gave 1.11 (Tajae Sharpe) and Charcandrick West

Received Jordan Matthews

Users who are viewing this thread