What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

You're reading it wrong.  The 7 spot move up IS one of the 1sts.  It's not really two firsts.  It's moving up from 2.4 to 1.9 and then getting a 2018 1st.
just thought I'd clarify, I'm the one that moved Ajayi, had quite a few running backs, likely taking another at 1.6 which I also own. I also made the move to create space to keep another guy as I'm struggling to get down to 16 at the upcoming cut date. I thought it made sense for both of us and it isn't a super active league so it isn't that easy to find partners. 

Yeah, I've been really shocked by the value being given for those two guys (especially Hill recently). These last few Hill trades have been insane - wish I owned him in order to try and take advantage.
I'm quite bummed I have not gotten a single offer for him in a return yards league.

just thought I'd clarify, I'm the one that moved Ajayi, had quite a few running backs, likely taking another at 1.6 which I also own. I also made the move to create space to keep another guy as I'm struggling to get down to 16 at the upcoming cut date. I thought it made sense for both of us and it isn't a super active league so it isn't that easy to find partners. 
This is all true and part of the gain for a team ridding Ajayi and loss for team getting him is value of each the extra roster spot gained or loss in a league you can only keep 14 position players. That matters. The trade is one where you look at it and can see where it helped both sides so I considered the trade good for both sides.

Also the last line is something to note as it's not only a very hard league to trade it's really hard to pry off #1's. When the off-season hit I think every team in that league was still holding their 2017 and 2018#1's.

This one just crossed the wires. FFPC league - 12 teams.

Team A:   Amari Cooper

Team B:   Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Thomas Rawls, 2017 2.05.

Team A had tough decisions to make to get to 16 with the cutdown approaching, like what Aunt Jemima described above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team A had tough decisions to make to get to 16 with the cutdown approaching, like what Aunt Jemima described above.
I would want side getting Cooper even if I was not motivated by needing roster space.

I would take Cooper but I like Allen a lot. Just not really high on any of the other parts

Big one I just completed and I want everyone's opinions.

Superflex ppr

gave AJ green, Kelse, 3.7 and 18 4th for

gurley, Allen Robinson,eifert, 2.6 and 18 first probably late.

A guy in my league got the 1.9 for him. I think it's the exception not the rule thoughz I like 1.1 as well but think if the 18 2 were an 18 1 I'd think really hard about it.
Yep. I traded him for 1.9 in that league. I was turned down for 1.8 in another. Offered Gronk for Ebron and 1.4 in a league and was shot down too. 

Superflex ppr

Deal would have been close without Gurley on the AROB side. As is I'd take that side easily 

Superflex ppr

Lack of capitalization had me miss Gurley originally, and my thinking went:

Green > ARob, Eifert ~> Kelce, 2,1 >> 3,4.  Solid win.

Adding Gurley in is like stealing.  Even if reasonable people might flip my player inequalities around, it still looks like a solid win.

Adding Gurley in is like stealing.  Even if reasonable people might flip my player inequalities around, it still looks like a solid win.
That's funny, I missed Gurley also. Runaway for that side with Gurley involved 

He also got an 18 first.  

That said, green is the best player in this deal and while I like eifert, Kelce is the safer option. Gurley and arob both had really down seasons, and eifert keeps getting hurt.  The other owner probably feels like he's cashing out before it's too late, and really, you can't go that wrong getting Green and Kelce in the deal - even if you're giving up way too much to do it you got two guys with years of top production left. Personally if I owned arob, i would be actively shopping him - he might never repeat his career year and bortles career year. I'd be hard pressed to pay full price for Gurley either - love the talent, hate the rams.  I'd still like to get either one of them cheap, but I can totally understand bundling these guys to get elite players 

Yep. I traded him for 1.9 in that league. I was turned down for 1.8 in another. Offered Gronk for Ebron and 1.4 in a league and was shot down too. 
I know people are down on Gronk but that seems like a no brainer buy on Gronk to me. 

Disagree, very good chance like I said. I'm not convinced Dez out scores Tyreek Hill let alone all three. I think given the right QB Anderson may push Dez type points. I think Dez is overrated and a head case on top of that.
Tyreek Hill is a gimmick type, that relied on some long TDs for fantasy production last season with Maclin out. You can't rely on that. 

You can call Dez "overrated" but his consitent production says otherwise.

I try not to speak in absolutes when it comes to fantasy football but Robbie Anderson pushing Dez for points is a completely unrealistic stance. Even if the Jets found a QB, hes behind Decker, Enunwa and probably Jalin Marshall at WR - and thats assuming Brandon Marshall is released. Anderson had a few nice games but his hands are shaky and hes a one trick pony. Can he improve? Sure, but hes not in Dez' universe when it comes to talent. 

Dr. Octopus said:
Tyreek Hill is a gimmick type, that relied on some long TDs for fantasy production last season with Maclin out. You can't rely on that. 

You can call Dez "overrated" but his consitent production says otherwise.
Dez consistent not last year, Hill was a gimmick type this year agreed but sounds like will be a starting WR next year. But your such an expert to blurt out "such a bad take" why are we suppose to have any faith in that statement? I'm just saying some of you aren't the all knowing experts you think you are & should read what you write before you post it. If Hill shows out and out scores Dez again and Anderson matches Dez that still doesn't give me the right to try and make you look stupid. Chill the attitude youngster.

Dez consistent not last year, Hill was a gimmick type this year agreed but sounds like will be a starting WR next year. But your such an expert to blurt out "such a bad take" why are we suppose to have any faith in that statement? I'm just saying some of you aren't the all knowing experts you think you are & should read what you write before you post it. If Hill shows out and out scores Dez again and Anderson matches Dez that still doesn't give me the right to try and make you look stupid. Chill the attitude youngster.
Dez was WR12 last year in PPG.  He had three single-digit games, and two of them came against NYG when Dak was awful in a rookie season.  That's very forgivable.

Doc O isn't the one that called out your "bad take".

The comment about Robby Anderson out-producing Dez was jumping-the-shark caliber.  I like Anderson a lot, and anything is possible on the football field, but to actually count on that as part of a trade evaluation is just silly.

I also like Hill, but there's a really good chance he ends up regressing.  The gap from Dez to either of those guys is cavernous.

I can't speak for the OP and his reasoning, but imo Olsen doesn't get a lot of love in fantasy. He's a steady, solid performer, but he doesn't have the excitement surrounding him that others like Ebron, Kelce and Ertz have.
I suspect this board would probably side with a random future 1st over nelson even without olsen.

And in the FFPC it truly is a random first.  If you miss the playoffs you can win the losers bracket for the #1

I suspect this board would probably side with a random future 1st over nelson even without olsen.

And in the FFPC it truly is a random first.  If you miss the playoffs you can win the losers bracket for the #1
I'd actually side with Olsen over Nelson without the 1st.  Easy win for that side.

Dez was WR12 last year in PPG.  He had three single-digit games, and two of them came against NYG when Dak was awful in a rookie season.  That's very forgivable.

Doc O isn't the one that called out your "bad take".

The comment about Robby Anderson out-producing Dez was jumping-the-shark caliber.  I like Anderson a lot, and anything is possible on the football field, but to actually count on that as part of a trade evaluation is just silly.

I also like Hill, but there's a really good chance he ends up regressing.  The gap from Dez to either of those guys is cavernous.
Agreed and the fact that I turned down the trade I referenced and kept Dez means I agree with the odds, the fact that I said "I may regret it" does not make it "such a bad take" and shows a certain arrogance on the posters part was my point.

PS

I never said Anderson would out produce Bryant.

How do you figure? don't just run your chops give an opinion. Tell me how I am so wrong. I already said I turned it down, how are you so positive Dez Bryant is worth more?
It's not even an argument that right now Dez is worth more.

But when talking about the future, he's also a proven WR1 in his prime with a good young franchise QB, while Hill succeeded off an unsustainable number of long TDs, is not a "real" WR yet which means he's still a projection, and plays with an aging mediocre QB. 

Nothing can be done but argue/discuss on a message board but in my leagues when someone says something outlandish like this in the chat or in trade talks, a prop bet is immediately offered. Put up or shut up. Adds a lot of fun and makes the blowhards back up their hot takes. Here, I'll just say I'm confident I'm right, you're confident that you're right (or could be), and we can revisit this in the future. 

But right now 90% of people will be agreeing with me on Dez>Hill. Not even going to get into Dez>Robbie Anderson.

I responded to your comment to me. I didn't say "bad take" and I don't claim to be an expert. What would be the point of this thread and this board, if people didn't give opinions? You gave an opinion (which is ok I guess) but if some one disagrees by stating their opinion that means they are coming across as "all knowing experts"?

Dez was more consistent last year than you think, but I was talking about "season to season" consistency anyway.

And honestly, you're the one coming off bad here with the insults and thin skin.

and none of these trades indicated they were return yardage leagues which makes it worse.
No, it's not return yardage league. As you know this game we play is all about timing. I sold Ware when his price was at it's peak. I sold Hill when all the chatter is about his potential greatness. No other player has been spoken about so much than Hill over the last two months (except Brady). Sell high, by low!

Tex

I never said Anderson would out produce Bryant.
No you said he could "push Dez for points". I laid out reasons why that's extremely unlikely. Admittedly I could turn out to be wrong, but sometimes good process doesn't lead to good results. Predicting Robbie Anderson could score on par with Dez is bad process (imo). but that doesn't mean it can not happen, just that if it does it was probably just a lucky guess.

Aunt Jemima said:
mainly because I think Olsen gets no respect (nor do a good number of TE's in general, it is all about the WR these days in dynasty) and Jordy gets a lot of love since he plays with Rodgers but I stand corrected
Well, nelson did score a LOT more than Olsen (even with 1.5 ppr for TEs), but like I mentioned before, I think at least half this forum would side with a random future 1st over Nelson straight up.  Adding Olsen probably puts it at 95% I would imagine. 

Dr. Octopus said:
No you said he could "push Dez for points". I laid out reasons why that's extremely unlikely. Admittedly I could turn out to be wrong, but sometimes good process doesn't lead to good results. Predicting Robbie Anderson could score on par with Dez is bad process (imo). but that doesn't mean it can not happen, just that if it does it was probably just a lucky guess.
#1 I didn't say you said "Bad Take" someone else said it and this whole thing started because I asked him for an opinion why and not just to bash me like he was some super FFLer.

#2 I did not say say Anderson could "push Dez for points" or score on par with Dez. I said "What if" Anderson matches Dez does that give me the right to make one line comments about anyone else? It was hypothetical to prove my point. Your making my point by just blasting out stuff without reading what's going on.

I say it one more time, I rejected the afore mentioned trade meaning I agree with all the opinions about who is the better players. I am not saying or predicting that anybody is better than the almighty Dez Bryant! 

#1 I didn't say you said "Bad Take" someone else said it and this whole thing started because I asked him for an opinion why and not just to bash me like he was some super FFLer.

#2 I did not say say Anderson could "push Dez for points" or score on par with Dez. I said "What if" Anderson matches Dez does that give me the right to make one line comments about anyone else? It was hypothetical to prove my point. Your making my point by just blasting out stuff without reading what's going on.
You may want to go back and re-read your posts because you say a lot of things and then say you didn't say it and then ironically call me out for not reading "what's going on". This is my last post on this though because I don't want to muck up this thread. I just wanted to set the record straight. 

Streetduck said:
Streetduck said:
Disagree, very good chance like I said. I'm not convinced Dez out scores Tyreek Hill let alone all three. I think given the right QB Anderson may push Dez type points. I think Dez is overrated and a head case on top of that.

You may want to go back and re-read your posts because you say a lot of things and then say you didn't say it and then ironically call me out for not reading "what's going on". This is my last post on this though because I don't want to muck up this thread. I just wanted to set the record straight. 
OK I'm done also you are taking things out of context and I'm not going to argue with you about it, I meant push Dez type numbers from last year which is only about 60 points different in my league and totally possible with the right QB, not an impossible feat at all. Again my last post as well a useless argument. Dez was the 41st receiver in my PPR league and I don't call that consistently good.

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Anderson, Robby NYJ WR (R)

ConnSKINS26 said:
while Hill succeeded off an unsustainable number of long TDs, is not a "real" WR yet which means he's still a projection, and plays with an aging mediocre QB. 
On a team that doesn't run a lot of passing plays. I suppose Dallas doesn't either so maybe that's minor. I'm just working through this in my head. So I can get Dez for Hill? I may need to start shopping.

Keenan side easily

Users who are viewing this thread