What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

I was being serious.

The team I let Olsen go from limped into the playoffs but was a pretty easy out. It's not a very good team so milking the remainder of Olsen's career doesn't do a lot of good.

But that's a fair point isn't it? State of the team matters as to whether you should move a guy or not.
Yes, it's wise to factor that in.

Tex

FFPC lineup/scoring but larger rosters:

I gave: 1.8, 2.8

I got: Alshon, 3.9

Reason: I love this draft and value those picks but my team has Julio at the rest of my WR's are weak. My team is also deep at TE where I think most of the value will be when those two picks I gave up are OTC. So made sense for me to cash in on the picks for a proven player at a position of need. If Alshon ends up in some dire situation like Rams or 49'ers I'd still do this trade, but won't like it as much.

Reason: I love this draft and value those picks but my team has Julio at the rest of my WR's are weak. My team is also deep at TE where I think most of the value will be when those two picks I gave up are OTC. So made sense for me to cash in on the picks for a proven player at a position of need. If Alshon ends up in some dire situation like Rams or 49'ers I'd still do this trade, but won't like it as much.
I am not a huge Alshon fan but would pay that all day long for him.

12 team PPR dynasty (not involved)

Team A gets: Hopkins, Gurley 

Team B gets: A Robinson, 1.8, 1.12

Caused a little bit of an uproar between a few members in the league but I have noticed several are down on Gurley after last year...

Last edited by a moderator:

That's cheap for Alshon even if he lands in a bad spot.  If he lands in a good spot...

Caused a little bit of an uproar between a few members in the league but I have noticed several are down on Gurley after last year...
Hopkins > Robinson

Gurley >>  1.8 + 1.12

I bet it did.  All three players are easy to value pretty equally - I rank them Gurley, Hopkins, Robinson but wouldn't complain with anyone's re-rank - but those picks are nowhere near value for any of them.  So one side has the two highest (for me) and the other has about 60% of the value of the remainder.  A 40% discount on Spencer Ware isn't that big of a deal, but 40% discount on a stud is significant competitive juice.  I own both of these guys in a PPR league and I probably wouldn't even comment on my rejection.

Great deal for you

I bet it did.  All three players are easy to value pretty equally - I rank them Gurley, Hopkins, Robinson but wouldn't complain with anyone's re-rank - but those picks are nowhere near value for any of them.  So one side has the two highest (for me) and the other has about 60% of the value of the remainder.  A 40% discount on Spencer Ware isn't that big of a deal, but 40% discount on a stud is significant competitive juice.  I own both of these guys in a PPR league and I probably wouldn't even comment on my rejection.
The funny part is (unless I'm reading it wrong) it seems like his league felt the opposite way. I agree with you here Gurley/Hopkins side for me. Gurley showed too much as a rookie to discount him after 2016.

14 Team PPR

Team A receives: Julio Jones, Martavis Bryant

Team B receives: Dorsett, AJ Derby, 1.04, 2.04, 2.10

I gave: Todd Gurley (start 2-4 RB's: I also have Le'Veon Bell, C.J. Anderson, and 1.01 = Leonard Fournette)

I got: 1.03, 6.03, and Dont'a Hightower (PPR IDP Dynasty with balanced scoring)

I gave: Todd Gurley (start 2-4 RB's: I also have Le'Veon Bell, C.J. Anderson, and 1.01 = Leonard Fournette)

I don't play IDP so this answer might change if Hightower is a top IDP guy but otherwise I don't think I'd sell Gurley for this price. Probably only pick I'd trade him for is the 1.1

Curious to see the replies on this one...  12 team, 1PPR for WR, 0.5PPR for RBs, 1.5PPR for TEs

Zeke Elliot and Nelson Agholoor

for

Jay Ajayi, Dez Bryant, 1.04, 2.04, 3.04

Curious to see the replies on this one...  12 team, 1PPR for WR, 0.5PPR for RBs, 1.5PPR for TEs

for

It's a big haul. I put a much higher value on the 1.4 than consensus(the most valuable piece of the trade to me) but a much lower view than consensus on both Ajayi and Dez. So for me I would take Elliot.

What the heck, I'll be the contrarian.

Based on what I see and read, I believe Alshon is soft. Worse yet, I've read several times that he is not a hard worker.  Some guys work hard to get past injuries, but Alshon does not. That sends up a giant red flag in my book, ESPECIALLY when he is about to get paid huge.

So while I understand that paying 1.8 and swapping a round of picks is good value based on what Alshon could do, I wouldn't want him on my fake team. 

Based on what I see and read, I believe Alshon is soft. Worse yet, I've read several times that he is not a hard worker.  Some guys work hard to get past injuries, but Alshon does not. That sends up a giant red flag in my book, ESPECIALLY when he is about to get paid huge.

So while I understand that paying 1.8 and swapping a round of picks is good value based on what Alshon could do, I wouldn't want him on my fake team. 
Even in that case it seems like selling for way under market value.

In the community dynasty rankings going on here right now Alshon just went off the board ahead of the 1.03 pick.  Granted, vets generally have more value relative to picks in startup drafts than in established leagues, but 1.03 to 1.08 is a massive gap.

Obviously you can only sell for what people will buy for and maybe he offered him for all the higher picks without any luck, but just seems like way less than what could/should be able to be gotten back for him.

Even in that case it seems like selling for way under market value.

In the community dynasty rankings going on here right now Alshon just went off the board ahead of the 1.03 pick.  Granted, vets generally have more value relative to picks in startup drafts than in established leagues, but 1.03 to 1.08 is a massive gap.

Obviously you can only sell for what people will buy for and maybe he offered him for all the higher picks without any luck, but just seems like way less than what could/should be able to be gotten back for him.
Absolutely, based on community perceptions. If he then sold Jeffery for a profit just by flipping him, more power to Meno. (Actually, I don't mean that - I'm in this league with him. :)  )

F you man!

Just kidding, appreciate the feedback.

This offer was made to me and was not an instant accept despite it being a trade that filled a need and one I knew was value(like when you post some trades in here I sometimes know the consensus will hate it or like it this one I figured would have ran about a 80% approval rating). Had to mull it over with a smoke and drink after I saw it but then I've also come down with a heavy case of rookie fever so hard to part with my precious picks.

I get some of the Alson concerns but various reports suggest Bears have offered him over $10M plus and paid him a ton last year so those that know him best know he has big value. They also know he's a risk which is why he's not been offered Dez/DT/Julio kind of money. In the end proven enough and young enough for me to deal with the risks but I'd have said no if the first I had to give up was in the top 5.

for

Well if you are going to break Zeke into pieces, at least they are stacked up decently.  I happen to be higher than market on both players, so this isn't a bad way to settle.  If this is a young team with Zeke and nothing else I can see trying to fill multiple holes at once.  The point loss from Zeke to Ajayi is easily eaten up by the Dez/Agholor upgrade, so now the picks are free shots to find a gem. 

A stacked team looking to consolidate will love getting EZE here.

14 Team PPR

Team A receives: Julio Jones, Martavis Bryant

Team B receives: Dorsett, AJ Derby, 1.04, 2.04, 2.10
If I said this was free Martavis that might suggest I think if he was out of the deal I would see this as even and that would not be the message I am trying to convey.
That's because "free Julio" is much closer to the truth.

How much cash did team B's owner pocket under the table?

IMO Hightower is at best LB3 worthy and depending on your roster size barely roster-able.

IMO Hightower is at best LB3 worthy and depending on your roster size barely roster-able.
That's a great point, as he is barely rosterable in his current situation, but I figured that as he undoubtedly won't be capitulating on his reportedly "insane" contract demands, it seems unlikely that he'll re-sign with the Patriots, and wherever he goes for top dollar, I'm sure that an incentive will be guaranteed maximum usage as the alpha MLB a la Collins in Cleveland, which would translate to voluminous impact production that would vault him into possibly the top 5 LB1 stratosphere, health permitting. I traded for him in hopes of this theory materializing into reality, although if he does indeed re-sign with the Patriots, the inevitable return to inconsistent playing time will make him a definite drop for me. LB's score competitively in my league, but Hightower was a throw-in for the main asset, which was effectively the 1.03 pick for Gurley, in whom I'd begun to lose faith. I've written too much about the IDP aspect of the trade. Thanks to all for the replies!

I don't think Martavis is worth anything remotely close to just the 1.4 so I can't go quite that far.
Well, based on some recent ADP stuff, looks like Martavis is going in the 6th round of startups.  The 1.4 probably actually isn't too far off from that. 

I'd say that's about 3 rounds off where I anticipate 1.4 going.
Might be.  But even so, definitely in the vicinity of 1.6-1.8 type picks.  So "not worth anything remotely close" is a bit much, IMO, which was the point of my post.  Martavis, at this point, still carries some pretty significant value for some and I'd argue he's far closer in value to the 1.4 than Julio is in the other direction.

Might be.  But even so, definitely in the vicinity of 1.6-1.8 type picks.  So "not worth anything remotely close" is a bit much, IMO, which was the point of my post.  Martavis, at this point, still carries some pretty significant value for some and I'd argue he's far closer in value to the 1.4 than Julio is in the other direction.

Martavis is worth nothing remotely close to 1.4 or 1.6 or 1.8. I've seen him traded twice this off-season and he got back a second each time. He was cut in one league last year and went for 2.11 or 2.10 in a weak rookie draft. Buck Naked who post in this forum picked him. Granted he had a year long suspension looming and yes that impacted his value, but he's not exactly been cleared yet either.

And 1.6 and 1.8 are not in vicinity of round 6 either. Last year in a poor draft class 7 rookies were gone in the one startup I did before the end of round 5 but this ain't last years draft. The year before I did two FFPC startups and in both 6 rookies were gone in first 38 picks, 11 rookies were gone by middle of 5th round and by middle of round 7 over 15 rookies had gone in both which means second round picks, which is the range where Martavis is worth. He's closer to 2.4 than 1.4.

If you think Martavis is worth that you should be able to get about 100% ownership.

And lastly mock drafts don't really mean a lot when mony is not on the line but if you want  to think Martavis is worth the 1.4 more power to you.

I don't think he's saying Martavis is worth the 1.04.  He's saying Martavis is closer to the 1.04 than the 1.04 is to Julio.
He revised it to say something like that which is fine but he initially was making point that if Martavis is a 6th rounder it's not far off value of 1.4 which I did not agree.

As for Martavis being closer to 1.4 than Julio, I don't know except to say Julio is worth a lot more than 1.4 and Martavis a lot less.

Two trades between the same two teams in 12-team ppr league

Team A gives Adrian Peterson, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd

Team B gives 2017 5.02, 2018 1st

Team A gives Terrence West, Christine Michael, Brandon Marshall, 2017 3.01

Team B gives CJ Anderson, TJ Yeldon

I will take the 1st in the AP deal

Anderson/Yeldon in 2nd deal
That first will likely be in the 1.01-1.03 range (it was 1.02 this year and the roster is very poor) making the deal that much worse. In essence the guy traded an early first, Anderson and Yeldon for Peterson, Marshall and some spare parts and late picks. Peterson is now his only decent RB and Marshall is one of his top WRs (Fitzgerald, DJackson and Tate). A poor team relying on old players is not a great combination.

If you're reading this Captain Lou, sorry man but it's the hard truth. :unsure:

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
Yeah even if that were a random 1st it would be really bad.  A likely early 1st is really really bad.

And the second trade isn't that much better.

The funny part is (unless I'm reading it wrong) it seems like his league felt the opposite way. I agree with you here Gurley/Hopkins side for me. Gurley showed too much as a rookie to discount him after 2016.
I'm in this league, and I thought it was awful - side getting Hopkins/Gurley got a major steal.  Oddly though, I was in the minority it seemed....

New guy joined the league and took over the team with Gurley/Hopkins.  Another owner immediately pounced and took him behind the woodshed

Two trades between the same two teams in 12-team ppr league

Team A gives Adrian Peterson, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd

Team B gives 2017 5.02, 2018 1st

Team A gives Terrence West, Christine Michael, Brandon Marshall, 2017 3.01

Team B gives CJ Anderson, TJ Yeldon
You got a gift here and you obviously know it

Users who are viewing this thread