• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

As a Thomas owner in dynasty non ppr I would be tempted but would keep Thomas.  I know the 1.1 owner wouldn't trade the pick either, so it's a moot point, but Thomas is the unquestioned wr1 for one of the best qbs in history and after putting up fantasy wr1 numbers as a rookie, the team just traded their old wr1 away. I can definitely see Fournette being more valuable than Thomas this time next year, but it's just as easy to envision scenarios where he isn't, especially if Jacksonville takes him.  Or if he just doesn't make the transition well. I'll take the bird in the hand. 

From our community mock

1.10.  (Tie) Deandre Hopkins

& Rookie Pick 1.1

1.12.  Todd Gurley

2.1 Rookie Pick 1.2

2.2 Allen Robinson

2.3  Sammy Watkins

2.4 TY Hilton

2.5 Michael Thomas

Note that this poll is ppr, which may make Fournette more valuable.

Note also that it was taken before cooks was traded, and also before Fournette became a popular mock draft pick for Jacksonville, which may make Thomas more valuable.  

Interesting that the consensus strongly favors 1.1. I get that people love this draft class, but I think people have forgotten how rookies tend to do after Elliott tore things up in a perfect situation last year.

Or is it that I'm too high on Thomas?  I can't see trading him for Robinson, Watkins or Hilton, who all went before him in the community mock, and I'd personally take him ahead of Hopkins, too. Watkins and Robinson fall far short on averages for different reasons, but Thomas as a rookie put up better numbers than these guys and his role just increased. 

Hopkins 4 year avg 79/1122/6

Ty Hilton 5 year average 75/1122/6

Thomas' rookie season 92/1137/9

So to me you're talking about trading dynasty wr6 for a guy who might be dynasty rb4 or so after Elliott, Bell and dj, but hasn't even been drafted to a team let alone taken an nfl handoff. I get doing it if you need the rb help, but why give up a stud for the chance to get a stud?

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

Note that this poll is ppr, which may make Fournette more valuable

If anything Fournette is less valuable in PPR than in non PPR.  And by a very very significant amount.

In Non PPR there is just nothing that can compete with a top end workhorse back that will stay in around the goaline.  They are untouchable in that format.  Obviously Fournette is not there yet but he's the closest thing to one of them being available so his price instantly rockets up there.  He's exactly the kind of prospect you look for in Non PPR.

If I had 1.01 in my non PPR leagues Michael Thomas would barely even get me interested enough to start talking about what else he needs to add to the trade.  Honestly, and I'm not trying to be hyperbolic here, personally I don't think I would trade 1.01 for Michael Thomas + 1.03 in that format.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

If anything Fournette is less valuable in PPR than in non PPR.  And by a very very significant amount.

In Non PPR there is just nothing that can compete with a top end workhorse back that will stay in around the goaline.  They are untouchable in that format.  Obviously Fournette is not there yet but he's the closest thing to one of them being available so his price instantly rockets up there.  He's exactly the kind of prospect you look for in Non PPR.

If I had 1.01 in my non PPR leagues Michael Thomas would barely even get me interested enough to start talking about what else he needs to add to the trade.  Honestly, and I'm not trying to be hyperbolic here, personally I don't think I would trade 1.01 for Michael Thomas + 1.03 in that format.

I mostly agree with this. Unless the league has some odd bonus type stuff that shifts some value to WRs, the chance to get a top end workhorse guy is way better in that format. It also affords you the opportunity to choose between 2-4 guys if their situation post draft has any sway on your opinion of who to take, so even tho LF is likely the pick, the person getting the 1.01 has the opportunity to make a decision later, which IMO has some small value.

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

1.1 is an incredible asset, and the value continues to rise until the moment you pick. But I would snap accept Thomas and 1.3. I'm lower on Fournette than the consensus and higher on Thomas.

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I would be running towards the accept button if I were offered Michael Thomas PLUS the 1.03 for the 1.01 in any format.

• Like 3

Zealots Field dynasty league - PPR

Straight rookie pick trade.

I traded:

for

1.10 and 2.09

I had the 1.01/1.03/1.09/1.10/2.01/2.09 (another other lower) picks.

The guy getting the 1.10 and 2.09 has the 1.04/1.06/4.04/5.04/6.04 picks.

I was looking to do this because I feel the top tier is around 1.06/1.07 and that there is a pretty good drop-off after that.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I traded:

for

1.10 and 2.09

I was looking to do this because I feel the top tier is around 1.06/1.07 and that there is a pretty good drop-off after that.

That's an extremely cheap price to move up across what will likely be at least one tier if not two. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

I traded:

for

1.10 and 2.09

I don't get it.  If you feel the tier drops at 1.06, why in the world would you drop it for just a late 2nd?

Just now, Hankmoody said:

I don't get it.  If you feel the tier drops at 1.06, why in the world would you drop it for just a late 2nd?

I traded the 1.10 and 2.09 for the 1.06.

Just now, Spike said:

I traded the 1.10 and 2.09 for the 1.06.

Your original post said you traded 1.06 for 1.10 and 2.09.  Now the trade makes a lot more sense for you.  I agree the drop is at exactly 1.06 in PPR so you are guaranteed to be in it.

2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Your original post said you traded 1.06 for 1.10 and 2.09.  Now the trade makes a lot more sense for you.  I agree the drop is at exactly 1.06 in PPR so you are guaranteed to be in it.

My bad.

1 minute ago, oldmanhawkins said:

I liked the other side initially by quite a bit.  

If the first really is early and the second really is late, I'm with you.  

i see it as a wash ultimately but if i had to pick, gimme the better draft pick since itll be worth more next year than any of the other individual pieces by a lot

ryan =stafford

miller +2nd = 1st essentially

My first trade of the off season in a 16 team idp, ppr. 

Newton, Cam CAR QB;  Sims, Dion CHI TE

For

Manning, Eli NYG QB;  Hyde, Carlos SFO RB;  Roberts, Elandon NEP LB

Mariota or Eli start for me now and I needed a RB as I no longer count on Jamal Charles to return. 

Edited by -OZ-
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

My first trade of the off season in a 16 team idp, ppr. 

Newton, Cam CAR QB;  Sims, Dion CHI TE

For

Manning, Eli NYG QB;  Hyde, Carlos SFO RB;  Roberts, Elandon NEP LB

Mariota or Eli start for me now and I needed a RB as I no longer count on Jamal Charles to return. 

Hyde 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, drewd_21 said:

16tm idp ppr

Gave: Eli, Julio

Got: Winston, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st

Newly aquired orphan, total rebuild.

Not horrible, but you couldn't get any 2017 picks?

18 minutes ago, CabinFever said:

12 team PPR dynasty

gave: John Brown

got: 1.9 rookie pick

I own JB in a league and the market is dead on him, literally like he died with his sickle cell.  Good on you for getting a 1st.

Zealots Field - non-PPR

Traded Larry Fitzgerald for a 2018 4th round rookie pick.

He likely never would have played for me as I still have Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Corey Coleman, Amari Cooper, AJ Green, Eli Rogers, Sterling Shepard and Sammy Watkins.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field - non-PPR

He likely never would have played for me as I still have Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Corey Coleman, Amari Cooper, AJ Green, Eli Rogers, Sterling Shepard and Sammy Watkins.

I understand something is better than nothing but I think you probably could have gotten more in-season after teams developed a need through injuries and just the usual underperforming players.

Older WRs like Fitz are always at their peak value in season and their absolute lowest value right around now.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field - non-PPR

A lot of injury prone WRs on that list seems like he could have easily gotten a spot start here and there. Sold low

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****