What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

Lolwut? 
Made a bunch of offers to move back into rd 1, I actually added the comment "making some offers to move back into rd 1, didn't want you to feel left out, feel free to counter" or something to that effect. When I saw one was accepted it actually took me a few minutes to realize I got the 2018 3rd as well. Really expected a counter if anything, pays to try I guess. 

Made a bunch of offers to move back into rd 1, I actually added the comment "making some offers to move back into rd 1, didn't want you to feel left out, feel free to counter" or something to that effect. When I saw one was accepted it actually took me a few minutes to realize I got the 2018 3rd as well. Really expected a counter if anything, pays to try I guess. 
Good for you but I have no idea why that guy would make that trade now? what if a top tier guy falls to 1.08 because a few outlier picks are made?

Good for you but I have no idea why that guy would make that trade now? what if a top tier guy falls to 1.08 because a few outlier picks are made?
It was the highest pick I made an offer for, figured 1.11ish for 2.3/2.12 would be value, and maybe I try to get some marginal pick back that would be easy to part with or hope for a counter. I figured post draft will be harder to make that move and I figure everyone will be checking their leagues on draft day so it's a good time to send offers.

2.03/2.12

for

1.08/2018 3rd
Whoops, I left out the 3.03. Editing original post- a little more reasonable but still good for me. I was thinking I wouldn't make that offer, I must have missed something.

2.03/2.12/3.03

1.08/2018 3rd

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR 1.25 TE, 6 pts for sacks (30 man taxi for up to 3 years)

gave up White, Kevin CHI WR and Buckner, DeForest SFO DE

For

gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.01 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.04 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 4.02 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 5.03 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 6.01 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 6.03 and Year 2017 Draft Pick 7.03

30 man rosters...how many of those 7 late picks would even project as making the cut?  I think I'd happily deal the back half of every rookie draft for a solid starter or high ceiling flyer, and use the remaining roster spots on FA lottery tickets or in-season waiver pickups.

This is pretty close to just giving away White and Buckner, imo.  Who do you expect to be there at 3.1 or 3.4 that offers Buckner value even?
I said 30 man taxi squad for up to 3 years so you get 3 years for all of those picks before deciding if roster worthy.  35 man rosters on top of 30 man taxi max used for draft picks in rounds 2-7 only.

I said 30 man taxi squad for up to 3 years so you get 3 years for all of those picks before deciding if roster worthy.  35 man rosters on top of 30 man taxi max used for draft picks in rounds 2-7 only.
So you can hold up to 65 players?

30 man rosters...how many of those 7 late picks would even project as making the cut?  I think I'd happily deal the back half of every rookie draft for a solid starter or high ceiling flyer, and use the remaining roster spots on FA lottery tickets or in-season waiver pickups.

This is pretty close to just giving away White and Buckner, imo.  Who do you expect to be there at 3.1 or 3.4 that offers Buckner value even?
That's part of the trick in a draft is to get lucky with 3rd round on picks.  It happens more than you think but can you be the lucky one.  If I were to list the number of good players that went in the 3rd round on of rookie drafts since 1997 when my 1st dynasty league started you would be simply amazed at the amount of great players that came that late.  Just as an example Antonio Brown was the 7.12 pick in the 2010 rookie draft of this league.  I got Tyreek Hill in the 6th last year.  In my other league A-Rodgers went in the 3rd round as did several other great players but again the trick is getting luck and landing them yourself.

That's a different style of taxi squad than I am used to, and it definitely changes the balance.  If you can carry a near-indefinite number of draft picks, I can see dealing White for 6 lottery tickets.

In my leagues, taxi squads tend to be capped at small numbers, and often populated with second rounders and QBs.  I think I'd enjoy your league's style of taxi since I'm usually more obsessed with rookies than most of my leaguemates.

12 team dynasty PPR

Team A gets E Sanders, Minny D/ST

Team B gets Jonathan Williams, Cole Beasley, B Miller

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Gronkowski, 2.07

for

1.05, 2.05, 2018 future 1st (team finished 12th last year)

Cheap for Gronk given format 
Except what's not shown in that trade is that Gronk had only 1 year left on his contract. What that means is that the original owner would need to match the highest/winning bid next season during RFA to keep Gronk for additional seasons and typically for an uber stud like Gronk, that price would be in the $50-$60 range. 

Except what's not shown in that trade is that Gronk had only 1 year left on his contract. What that means is that the original owner would need to match the highest/winning bid next season during RFA to keep Gronk for additional seasons and typically for an uber stud like Gronk, that price would be in the $50-$60 range. 
He has 2 years the guy who traded him away paid for an extra year.  What's also not shown is the franchise ability rule where you can franchise a guy for $15 the first year and $20 the second year.   Also not shown was the franchise player trading rule which allows you to deal a player after franchising him to a team for an open contract which means you could get some value back for him after 2 years if he is still good.

He has 2 years the guy who traded him away paid for an extra year.  What's also not shown is the franchise ability rule where you can franchise a guy for $15 the first year and $20 the second year.   Also not shown was the franchise player trading rule which allows you to deal a player after franchising him to a team for an open contract which means you could get some value back for him after 2 years if he is still good.
It's still a significant impact to his value and should have been mentioned.  If for no other reason than that it takes an additional $35 to keep him beyond 2 years.  Could easily have been summarized as "2 years, plus 70% (or whatever) of annual budget for 2 additional years".  That almost makes it a landslide to trade Gronkowski under those conditions - not something you hear often.

It's still a significant impact to his value and should have been mentioned.  If for no other reason than that it takes an additional $35 to keep him beyond 2 years.  Could easily have been summarized as "2 years, plus 70% (or whatever) of annual budget for 2 additional years".  That almost makes it a landslide to trade Gronkowski under those conditions - not something you hear often.
Gronk could be franchised then traded as well for another guy.  The $35 over 2 years isn't the end of the world plus most here won't even understand how the contracts/money/RFA work.  Too many times we see players traded for peanuts because they are RFA instead of just using money to match.  Seen R-Wilson dealt for a 3rd round pick in this 16 team league this year.

Gronk could be franchised then traded as well for another guy.  The $35 over 2 years isn't the end of the world plus most here won't even understand how the contracts/money/RFA work.  Too many times we see players traded for peanuts because they are RFA instead of just using money to match.  Seen R-Wilson dealt for a 3rd round pick in this 16 team league this year.
I understand that.  It still factors into his value.  Wilson wasn't traded for a 3rd, he was traded for a 3rd plus the freeing up of whatever $40 opportunity cost it would have taken to match him.  Bottom line Gronk isn't Gronk in this case, he's Gronk + a $35 liability.  People here are smart enough to comprehend the concept of having to spend $35 over two years in a league that gets $50 reload (or whatever, I assume this is a Dy league) to keep him. 

A couple blockbusters after the commish sent an email about lack of response time to trades. 

Both are in a start qb/2-4rb/2-4wr/1-3te

I got: Antonio brown, Tom brady

i gave: Sammy, 1.10, 2018 late first, tannehill, corderelle Patterson

commish got: amari cooper, demarco Murray, 2018 2nd

commish gave: David Johnson, 1.11, 2018 first 

A couple blockbusters after the commish sent an email about lack of response time to trades. 

Commish Is not very intelligent.

12 team IDP PPR TE 1.5, IDP 6 pts sacks/INT, 1.5 tackle, 0.75 assist except DL 2 pt tackle, 1 pt assist (Not my trade) - also 36 man rosters + 14 man DTS up to 3 years

2017 pick 3.07

2017 pick 4.07

2018 1st (Team finished 6th place last year)

2018 2nd

For

WR Randall Cobb(GB)

Commish should have kept his mouth shut until that offer expired.

12 team IDP PPR TE 1.5, IDP 6 pts sacks/INT, 1.5 tackle, 0.75 assist except DL 2 pt tackle, 1 pt assist (Not my trade)

2017 pick 3.07

2017 pick 4.07

2018 1st (Team finished 6th place last year)

2018 2nd

For

WR Randall Cobb(GB)
Picks all day long.

10 team Superflex; start Q,R,W,W,T,SF,F,F,K,DST; non-PPR but 0.5 pts per first down rushing/receiving

Team A gave up Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB and White, Kevin CHI WR and Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.03
Team B gave up Johnson, David ARI RB and Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.02

I was not involved.

Given this is Superflex, QBs are very valuable, and there are 44 currently rostered. Prior to the trade, Team A had Newton, Ryan, and Tannehill, and Team B had only Eli, Prescott, and Geno Smith, so I assume Tannehill was an important element of the deal for him. Team B now has draft picks 1.2 and 1.3.

Normally Team A is one of the less savvy owners and Team B is one of the more savvy owners.

Thoughts?

Any thoughts on Antonio and Brady for Watkins, 1.10, 2018 first?  I hesitated because I am still high on Watkins but thought it was cheap for Antonio.  Am I missing anything?

16 team IDP PPR, 6 pts TD pass (-2 INT)

I gave up Palmer, CJ Anderson and Duke Johnson

for

Tom Brady

It was a lot to pay for a 40 year old QB but trying to win the championship after losing 197-196 in the championship game last year.  

12 Team SuperFlex/TE premium rookie/devy league:

Team A: Kelvin Benjamin, 3.02, 2018 3rd (early)

Team B: Sterling Sheppard, 2.05, Dwayne Allen

12,team PPR 

trade 1

Team A gives Mark Ingram

Team B gives Rob Kelly

trade 2

Team C gives A.Cooper, C.Hogan

Team B gives D.Adams, Tyreek Hill

I would rather have the 2018 1st.
Was worried I gave up too much.  I have Bell, Zeke, McCoy,Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Bernard, CJ Anderson, Prosise at RB.  Stacked at WR and have picks 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 - So likely adding Fournette, McCaffrey and Corey Davis to the stable.

Users who are viewing this thread