What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

I agree, I'd go Henry myself.  Murray is getting up there in age and not durable.  They used Henry last year and I think it only gets better. I'll take the safer player with a higher floor.
I thought about this - I do agree Henry is safer. Still, I finished last - to me, the risk was worth taking for what I see as a higher upside. 

I thought about this - I do agree Henry is safer. Still, I finished last - to me, the risk was worth taking for what I see as a higher upside. 
I can see that side as well.  This draft had some strange pairings.  Wish some players would have went elsewhere.  Williams, Mixon, Ross to name a few.

Gave Derrick Henry

Got Joe Mixon

(trade was really Henry for 1.02 in a draft with devy players taken out - Howard/Mixon were the top choices. I had 1.01, and was somewhat leaning Howard, as it's a TE premium league. Making this trade made it so I didn't have to choose - took them both). 
Mixon for me

I don't really see Henry as any safer.  These 2nd year guys who showed flashes in their rookie year are like the poison pills of FF.  Did he really show any more as a rookie than Jeremy Hill did?  Or Montee Ball, CJ Anderson, and on and on?

Of course sometimes those guys work out great, but at no better clip than the rookies so I will take the upside of the top talent of Mixon that might have seen him be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft without the off the field issues.

People get fixated on the "has shown he can do it on an NFL field" part but I don't think these type of seasons really show that.  There are lots of varying circumstances many of which will be different once Henry takes over.  We don't know what he'll be like as a lead back or what the line will be like by the time Murray is gone.  The line was good last year but it's not an elite unit.  Other than elite units that can withstand a few big changes (since big changes happen often to O-lines) I don't think you can really predict them ~2 years out.

FreeBaGeL said:
I don't really see Henry as any safer.  These 2nd year guys who showed flashes in their rookie year are like the poison pills of FF.  Did he really show any more as a rookie than Jeremy Hill did?  Or Montee Ball, CJ Anderson, and on and on?

Of course sometimes those guys work out great, but at no better clip than the rookies so I will take the upside of the top talent of Mixon that might have seen him be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft without the off the field issues.

People get fixated on the "has shown he can do it on an NFL field" part but I don't think these type of seasons really show that.  There are lots of varying circumstances many of which will be different once Henry takes over.  We don't know what he'll be like as a lead back or what the line will be like by the time Murray is gone.  The line was good last year but it's not an elite unit.  Other than elite units that can withstand a few big changes (since big changes happen often to O-lines) I don't think you can really predict them ~2 years out.
Just a minor note because I was looking this up for my Fournette post, but PFF actually had the Titans line as their #1 ranked offensive line:

1. Tennessee Titans (Preseason rank: 25)

Top overall grade: RT Jack Conklin, 88.9 (No. 5 among OTs)

Top pass-blocking grade: RT Jack Conklin, 88.5 (No. 7)

Top run-blocking grade: LT Taylor Lewan, 88.4 (No. 2)

It seems heretical to suggest that the Dallas Cowboys did not field the best offensive line in the game in 2016, but Tennessee’s unit really was without a weakness all season. All five starters earned impressive grades in both run blocking and pass protection, paving the way to 2,180 rushing yards as a team, 1,777 of which came from their first two running backs, DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry. No member of the offensive line surrendered more than three sacks on the season, and while LT Taylor Lewan fell off a little as the year wore on, conceding more penalties than you would like, on the other side, rookie RT Jack Conklin earned PFF All-Pro honors. This unit may not be able to match the Dallas line in terms of its very peak performers, but there was no weak link along this chain all season long, and that’s why the Tennessee Titans finish the season as our No. 1 ranked line.

14 Team PPR standard rosters 

Team A received: 1.10

Team B received: 1.15 (extra pick for winning toilet bowl), 2.05, 2.11

Gottabesweet said:
Not high on Cook, and rather have Howard based on my roster than Ross. 
You've got to trade back then, right?  Howard is a much better NFL prospect than he is fantasy prospect, IMO.  I think he's firmly behind Evans, at the very least.  I'd rather gamble on Gronk/Graham/Reed than a surer Witten.  I think Everett has just as much fantasy upside, and will be going in the 3rd round.  JMO, of course.  - Salty Ebron owner

You've got to trade back then, right?  Howard is a much better NFL prospect than he is fantasy prospect, IMO.  I think he's firmly behind Evans, at the very least.  I'd rather gamble on Gronk/Graham/Reed than a surer Witten.  I think Everett has just as much fantasy upside, and will be going in the 3rd round.  JMO, of course.  - Salty Ebron owner
Yeah i'd try and trade down if i can. 

Gave - 2.05

Got - Sam Bradford

I know nobody's excited about Bradford but since my backup to Russell Wilson was Teddy Bridgewater I had to do something.  And I didn't want to burn a higher pick on a better backup. So now I have two guys that are each as likely to get injured. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave - 2.05

Got - Sam Bradford

I know nobody's excited about Bradford but since my backup to Russell Wilson was Teddy Bridgewater I had to do something.  And I didn't want to burn a higher pick on a better backup. So now I have two guys that are each as likely to get injured. :mellow:
I am in a league where Bradford was a RFA and not a single person even bid a single buck on him to try and win him.  To give up a 2nd for him you had to be desperate. 

I am in a league where Bradford was a RFA and not a single person even bid a single buck on him to try and win him.  To give up a 2nd for him you had to be desperate. 
Again, in Zealots leagues there are zero starting QBs that are RFA's. Barely any backups that are. 53 man IDP rosters.

It was either a deal like that or cross my fingers that I could get Deshaun Watson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably fair enough in Zealots.  I would make mention of Zealots and/or large rosters though in the posts since it always ends up coming up.

12 team dynasty PPR TE premium

Team A gets TY Hilton, Tyreek Hill

Team B gets Rawls, J Matthews, D Parker, Zach Ertz, 18 3rd (late rounder)

Any comment on this one?  My buddy and I are in a lively debate over this one.  We usually agree but are way off here.
Give me the Dez side unless in a rebuild. I feel like you could get more than the 1.05 too. I'd hold and look to sell him in season if not competing. 

Gave - 2.05

Got - Sam Bradford

In my league, Bradford was just traded for the 4.07.

Not a Zealots league though.

It's a really weird distribution of QBs in that league.

Since I had the 5th & 9th pick in rounds 1 & 2 and what I believe is an emerging team,  I didn't want to sacrifice for a better player. If you don't play Zealots, it's easier to pry a gun away from an NRA guy's hand than a QB from a Zealots guy's roster.

Hankmoody said:
That's an awful trade for that guy.  .25 per carry = 5 points per game with 20 carries.  Gurley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hopkins in that scoring, and I love me some Hopkins.  The 1.04 was free in this trade, and that's just nutty.
Same league, made another deal:

Gave: M.Thomas, Duke Johnson, 2.02

Got: A.Brown, T.Taylor (needed a backup QB to Winston)

Any comment on this one?  My buddy and I are in a lively debate over this one.  We usually agree but are way off here.
Dez for me, pretty easily.  1.05 will get you most likely Mixon, Cook or M.Williams, right?  Perkins doesn't do much for me...Dez is still elite IMO and it's not like he's over the hill.

In my league, Bradford was just traded for the 4.07.

Not a Zealots league though.
Seems about right.  I think it's safe to say that in all non-Zealots or non-2QB leagues, Bradford is essentially worthless.
Nah.  in a16 man league all starting QB's have some level of value.  4.07 is pretty cheap for those too.  There are only 32 teams and in a 16 man league your depth has to come from somewhere.  If you own Big Ben and are fishing for a QB, Bradford's a pretty decent looking guy that might be able to keep the ship afloat while Ben misses his typical 2-3 games plus bye week.

I agree that in 12 man leagues he's not worth the roster spot and I'd rather hold Ishael Zamora or someone like that with the 4.07.  You can get Glennon or Hoyer off the wire later.

12 tm PPR - start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

Gave: Shady

Got: K.Allen

Roster now:

Zeke, L.Bell, Prosise, Vereen, J.Richard

Allen, DT, Crab, Fitz, Hurns, Maclin

Gronk, Brate

Wanted to get some value for Shady before he hits the dreaded 3-0.  Allen has his own issues of course but feel like this was a good exit price for Shady...

Same league, made another deal:

Gave: M.Thomas, Duke Johnson, 2.02

Got: A.Brown, T.Taylor (needed a backup QB to Winston)
This one is a lot closer.  Getting Thomas isn't as big a downgrade to AB as most think at first blush, and now he's got no Cooks to contend with.  You could be looking at 2-3 years of top 5 WR with Brees, which is about Brown's window with Big Ben.  If it's PPR I think Duke has a lot of value as a plug and play RB2 with those PPCarry rules tacked on.  2.02 in this draft looks better than most years.  I'd take Brown, but I don't see this nearly as bad as the Gurley trade, and if caught me on the right day and threw in the right hot-button guy for me I could see myself giving up AB for it.

12 tm PPR - start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

Gave: Shady

Got: K.Allen

Roster now:

Zeke, L.Bell, Prosise, Vereen, J.Richard

Allen, DT, Crab, Fitz, Hurns, Maclin

Gronk, Brate

Wanted to get some value for Shady before he hits the dreaded 3-0.  Allen has his own issues of course but feel like this was a good exit price for Shady...
Nice deal

Dez for me, pretty easily.
Just picking one pro-Dez post to respond to, not meaning to target @Sitch. For those high on Dez, are you expecting him to regain his 2012-2014 performance? IMO he will never reach that level again, and he likely won't ever have 130+ targets again, either. For those reasons, I'd take 1.5 and Perkins.

Just picking one pro-Dez post to respond to, not meaning to target @Sitch. For those high on Dez, are you expecting him to regain his 2012-2014 performance? IMO he will never reach that level again, and he likely won't ever have 130+ targets again, either. For those reasons, I'd take 1.5 and Perkins.
Before the draft, would anyone have taken 1.05 straight up for Dez?   I wouldn't have, and post-draft, the pick has lost a bit of its shine due to landing spots (although 5 is my tier cut-off). Perkins really doesn't add anything for me in this deal.  I still think Dez is elite and will always be Dak's main target, and Dak is only going to get better.  

This one is a lot closer.  Getting Thomas isn't as big a downgrade to AB as most think at first blush, and now he's got no Cooks to contend with.  You could be looking at 2-3 years of top 5 WR with Brees, which is about Brown's window with Big Ben.  If it's PPR I think Duke has a lot of value as a plug and play RB2 with those PPCarry rules tacked on.  2.02 in this draft looks better than most years.  I'd take Brown, but I don't see this nearly as bad as the Gurley trade, and if caught me on the right day and threw in the right hot-button guy for me I could see myself giving up AB for it.
I love Thomas but also think just b/c Cooks is gone, it doesn't mean Thomas's targets/numbers will go up.  He will now get opposing teams best DB's and all their attention.  Plus Brees loves to spread it around, and I think they will run it more with Ingram/AP/Kamara.  Brown is about as safe as they come.   Adding 2.02 and Duke didn't really factor that much into this deal for me.  The initial ask was Thomas and 1.11 and this is what we settled on.  

In 13 games he had 96 targets.  That extrapolates out to 118 for 16 games.  That includes week 17 when he had one target and they rested their starters.  That 12 game pace would put him to 128 targets for 67/1061/10.7.  That's with a rookie QB.  I generally hate throwing out outliers to fit a narrative, but when it's something as obvious as this week 17 is I think it's appropriate to consider. 

I am not a Howard fan but I take his side easy. Someone must really like Davis. 
He's probably after Cook, getting McKinnon in the trade.  But yeah, that's a huge overpay.  Guys like Howard go this way though.  Jeremy Hill one and done, TRich busted after a promising rookie year.  Without the pre-draft pedigree that a guy like Gurley had they can be gotten very cheaply if you buy into the system/talent fit. 

Users who are viewing this thread