Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

On 1/20/2016 at 8:31 PM, pizzatyme said:

FFPC 12-team TE1.5PPR

A) AJ Green, Melvin Gordon, and 2016 2nd rounder

B) Gronk

On 1/20/2016 at 10:50 PM, ghostguy123 said:

Gronk rather easily. Actually, Gronk by a ton

In the FFPC Gronk is probably still my #1 overall dynasty player.

How things change so fast in just 1 year.

Edited by Dez

After Davis and CMC went, I was looking at Fournette - with no real need at RB - and ended up dealing:

2019 4th

---for---

2018 1st

2019 1st

2018 2nd

-------------

2018's draft is loaded (again) and trade partner's team is likely to be in the bottom half of the standings.  Mild risk I suppose and could be giving up a generational player, but went ahead and did it.  And after all that, the guy ended up taking Mixon :lol: 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, nirad3 said:

After Davis and CMC went, I was looking at Fournette - with no real need at RB - and ended up dealing:

2019 4th

---for---

2018 1st

2019 1st

2018 2nd

-------------

2018's draft is loaded (again) and trade partner's team is likely to be in the bottom half of the standings.  Mild risk I suppose and could be giving up a generational player, but went ahead and did it.  And after all that, the guy ended up taking Mixon :lol: 

I can see your reasoning, and it's well-stated, but I still think I make the 1.03 pick in your situation.  Too many times I have see future picks initially look like semi-locks to be high end up being bottom of the barrel 1st rounders.

Of course, I don't know where you are in regard to being a contender or a rebuilder.  That could have a huge bearing on things too.

45 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This probably won't help anyone but...

PPR Zealots league

Gave: 2018 2nd & 3rd

Got: 2017 2.05 - For the purpose of drafting David Njoku 

It seems a clear "I'm targeting a player and moved assets to get him" situation.  I'm all for it.  Whether it works is a different matter but I like the aggressive move.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This probably won't help anyone but...

PPR Zealots league

Gave: 2018 2nd & 3rd

Got: 2017 2.05 - For the purpose of drafting David Njoku 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

It seems a clear "I'm targeting a player and moved assets to get him" situation.  I'm all for it.  Whether it works is a different matter but I like the aggressive move.

Yep and cheap.  Most of my leagues would require a future 1st, which for Njoku is well worth it if it's expected late.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What's with people wanting Jordan Matthews? Another league I'm in saw a 1.12 for Matthews trade.

:whoosh:

Frankly, I would not trade a 2.12 for him.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Rockchild said:

Went down in one of my leagues(not involved), 12 team PPR:

Zeke, 2017 2.01

for

ARob, 2017 1.02, 2017 5.08. 2018 1st round(probably late as team is pretty loaded)

5.08 side. :P

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I can see your reasoning, and it's well-stated, but I still think I make the 1.03 pick in your situation.  Too many times I have see future picks initially look like semi-locks to be high end up being bottom of the barrel 1st rounders.

Of course, I don't know where you are in regard to being a contender or a rebuilder.  That could have a huge bearing on things too.

We've also seen plenty of sure fire RB's go bust too, but I agree this is all about the % of early pick factor.  Getting two cracks at a top 3 pick, with the other cherries that had thrown in, would be awful tempting.

30 minutes ago, Maggot Brain said:

32 team IDP Dynasty (Salary Cap)

Team A : Received 1.01 and 4.01

Team B:  Received 1.09, 2.23, Marvin Jones($12.2M), Cordarelle Patterson($1.8M)

I can see how he earned the 1.01

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Maggot Brain said:

Yes, the salary dump definitely influenced this one.

Wait what?  Are you saying Jones' contract is a dump?  In addition to TURRIBEL value for the 1.01, B took on a bad salary to boot?

4 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Wait what?  Are you saying Jones' contract is a dump?  In addition to TURRIBEL value for the 1.01, B took on a bad salary to boot?

Not saying it was a 'pure' dump (I'm Team A), but it sure was nice to unload a bad contract(2yrs remaining) on a serious under performer from the previous year.  In addition to the 1.01; the salary I recouped has me :excited:

3 minutes ago, Maggot Brain said:

Not saying it was a 'pure' dump (I'm Team A), but it sure was nice to unload a bad contract(2yrs remaining) on a serious under performer from the previous year.  In addition to the 1.01; the salary I recouped has me :excited:

It should have you in :handcuffs: emoji. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Maggot Brain said:

Do people even post all the trades they see or just the awful ones?

PPR

Gave:

Michael Thomas

Got:

Zeke

Thomas was my WR5 (OBJ/Antonio/AJG/Dez) and have Doctson/Perriman as pieces I see increasing in value and contribution this year. My RBs were sub par (Crowell/Latavius/Charles). 

ETA: Owner took Perine with the 1.10. 

Edited by doowain
14 minutes ago, doowain said:

PPR

Gave:

Michael Thomas

Got:

Zeke

Thomas was my WR5 (OBJ/Antonio/AJG/Dez) and have Doctson/Perriman as pieces I see increasing in value and contribution this year. My RBs were sub par (Crowell/Latavius/Charles). 

At the point of a gun?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

At the point of a gun?

All depends on how you feel about Thomas. Most all have him as a top 10 Dynasty WR, which would put him as a Top 20 overall asset. If you are a believer, which this owner obviously is (as am I), he has the upside to enter the Top 10. I obviously prefer my side, but as it stands it wasn't as far off as you may think in terms of value. 

22 minutes ago, doowain said:

All depends on how you feel about Thomas. Most all have him as a top 10 Dynasty WR, which would put him as a Top 20 overall asset. If you are a believer, which this owner obviously is (as am I), he has the upside to enter the Top 10. I obviously prefer my side, but as it stands it wasn't as far off as you may think in terms of value. 

That's true but when you're switching out Zeke for Thomas you have to be sure that the rest of the roster moves can make up for what you think the difference between the two will be. In this instance, I find that to be a dicey proposition.

27 minutes ago, doowain said:

You won this by a mile, even ignoring your roster.  We're comparing a low-end WR1 to one of the very few difference makers in the hobby.  Clone the picks and it's still Zeke. 

2 hours ago, Concept Coop said:

You won this by a mile, even ignoring your roster.  We're comparing a low-end WR1 to one of the very few difference makers in the hobby.  Clone the picks and it's still Zeke. 

I agree that the Zeke side definitely won but for what it's worth in startup ADP right now Thomas is sitting at 1.10 (Zeke 1.04) so the gulf isn't as massive as is being characterized.

1 hour ago, mashedbananas said:

1 QB, 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE PPR

Gave Roethlisberger

Got Dalton and 1.10 (took Perine-have Rob Kelley also)

It being a start 1QB league, and that neither BIg Ben nor Dalton should be a starter, it's like the 1.10 for free.

9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I agree that the Zeke side definitely won but for what it's worth in startup ADP right now Thomas is sitting at 1.10 (Zeke 1.04) so the gulf isn't as massive as is being characterized.

Zeke and OBJ are on a tier of their own, IMO.  Thomas around 12 makes sense, but only because of the big drop off after 8.  Trading up through those 2 or 3 tiers should be very expensive. According to the startup trade chart, 1.01 > 1.12+2.1.  

13 hours ago, doowain said:

PPR

Gave:

Michael Thomas

Got:

Zeke

Love Thomas but you sold assuming he's a top 6 overall pick (could be but very little downside). Great trade. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

16 team, non-IDP, PPR

TEAM A will give
Matthews, Jordan PHI WR
Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.05
Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.11

To TEAM B for
Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.07

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Maggot Brain said:

Turrible

On 5/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, Rockchild said:

Went down in one of my leagues(not involved), 12 team PPR:

Zeke, 2017 2.01

for

ARob, 2017 1.02, 2017 5.08. 2018 1st round(probably late as team is pretty loaded)

Looks about right. 

2 minutes ago, JPeso said:

People pay a 1st for Ben in 1 QB?

A first plus a QB that may finish pretty close to him at season's end. I had Ben on a team I was rebuilding and couldn't even get a second for him. This deal is a clear outlier imo.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

It being a start 1QB league, and that neither BIg Ben nor Dalton should be a starter, it's like the 1.10 for free.

Ben is a top 12 qb in redraft, I'd have no problem starting him but he's not giving you an advantage worth a 1st.

3 minutes ago, JPeso said:

People pay a 1st for Ben in 1 QB?

Crazy. 

I gave the 1.14, a few scrubs and a 2018 3rd for the 1.11 (not on the clock but the 11 on my mock list for that league does a lot more for me than the 14.) Probably an overpay but I can afford it to get a guy I like.

Edited by -OZ-

Zealots Field league; non-PPR; start 1QB/1-3RB/3-5WR/1-2TE/3DL/3LB/3DB

Traded:

Randall Cobb/1.06/2.10

Received:

My reasoning is that I really needed a top 3 RB in this draft.  Getting who I feel is the best for non-PPR was the icing on the cake.  (I had offers to the top 3 teams in the draft so I would try to be sure to get one of the top 3 RBs.)

At WR, I still have Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and lesser others.

My RB corps is weak.

Yes, I gave up some assets but feel I did well in this.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field league; non-PPR; start 1QB/1-3RB/3-5WR/1-2TE/3DL/3LB/3DB

Traded:

Randall Cobb/1.06/2.10

Received:

My reasoning is that I really needed a top 3 RB in this draft.  Getting who I feel is the best for non-PPR was the icing on the cake.  (I had offers to the top 3 teams in the draft so I would try to be sure to get one of the top 3 RBs.)

At WR, I still have Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and lesser others.

My RB corps is weak.

Yes, I gave up some assets but feel I did well in this.

I'd rather have the 1.01. Packers WRs do well overall but are hard to predict from week to week. If I got a deal like that for Adams I'd likely take it.

Plus you have mad WR depth.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****