Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1849

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1156

  • FreeBaGeL

    1039

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

On 1/20/2016 at 8:31 PM, pizzatyme said:

FFPC 12-team TE1.5PPR

A) AJ Green, Melvin Gordon, and 2016 2nd rounder

B) Gronk

 

On 1/20/2016 at 10:50 PM, ghostguy123 said:

Gronk rather easily. Actually, Gronk by a ton

In the FFPC Gronk is probably still my #1 overall dynasty player.

How things change so fast in just 1 year.

Edited by Dez
Link to post
Share on other sites

After Davis and CMC went, I was looking at Fournette - with no real need at RB - and ended up dealing:

1.03

2019 4th

---for---

2018 1st

2019 1st

2018 2nd

3.06

-------------

2018's draft is loaded (again) and trade partner's team is likely to be in the bottom half of the standings.  Mild risk I suppose and could be giving up a generational player, but went ahead and did it.  And after all that, the guy ended up taking Mixon :lol: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nirad3 said:

After Davis and CMC went, I was looking at Fournette - with no real need at RB - and ended up dealing:

1.03

2019 4th

---for---

2018 1st

2019 1st

2018 2nd

3.06

-------------

2018's draft is loaded (again) and trade partner's team is likely to be in the bottom half of the standings.  Mild risk I suppose and could be giving up a generational player, but went ahead and did it.  And after all that, the guy ended up taking Mixon :lol: 

I can see your reasoning, and it's well-stated, but I still think I make the 1.03 pick in your situation.  Too many times I have see future picks initially look like semi-locks to be high end up being bottom of the barrel 1st rounders.

Of course, I don't know where you are in regard to being a contender or a rebuilder.  That could have a huge bearing on things too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This probably won't help anyone but...

PPR Zealots league

Gave: 2018 2nd & 3rd

Got: 2017 2.05 - For the purpose of drafting David Njoku 

It seems a clear "I'm targeting a player and moved assets to get him" situation.  I'm all for it.  Whether it works is a different matter but I like the aggressive move.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This probably won't help anyone but...

PPR Zealots league

Gave: 2018 2nd & 3rd

Got: 2017 2.05 - For the purpose of drafting David Njoku 

 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

It seems a clear "I'm targeting a player and moved assets to get him" situation.  I'm all for it.  Whether it works is a different matter but I like the aggressive move.

Yep and cheap.  Most of my leagues would require a future 1st, which for Njoku is well worth it if it's expected late.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What's with people wanting Jordan Matthews? Another league I'm in saw a 1.12 for Matthews trade.

:whoosh:

 

Frankly, I would not trade a 2.12 for him.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rockchild said:

Went down in one of my leagues(not involved), 12 team PPR:

Zeke, 2017 2.01

for

ARob, 2017 1.02, 2017 5.08. 2018 1st round(probably late as team is pretty loaded)

5.08 side. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I can see your reasoning, and it's well-stated, but I still think I make the 1.03 pick in your situation.  Too many times I have see future picks initially look like semi-locks to be high end up being bottom of the barrel 1st rounders.

Of course, I don't know where you are in regard to being a contender or a rebuilder.  That could have a huge bearing on things too.

We've also seen plenty of sure fire RB's go bust too, but I agree this is all about the % of early pick factor.  Getting two cracks at a top 3 pick, with the other cherries that had thrown in, would be awful tempting.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Maggot Brain said:

32 team IDP Dynasty (Salary Cap)

Team A : Received 1.01 and 4.01

Team B:  Received 1.09, 2.23, Marvin Jones($12.2M), Cordarelle Patterson($1.8M)

I can see how he earned the 1.01

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maggot Brain said:

Yes, the salary dump definitely influenced this one.

Wait what?  Are you saying Jones' contract is a dump?  In addition to TURRIBEL value for the 1.01, B took on a bad salary to boot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Wait what?  Are you saying Jones' contract is a dump?  In addition to TURRIBEL value for the 1.01, B took on a bad salary to boot?

Not saying it was a 'pure' dump (I'm Team A), but it sure was nice to unload a bad contract(2yrs remaining) on a serious under performer from the previous year.  In addition to the 1.01; the salary I recouped has me :excited:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maggot Brain said:

Not saying it was a 'pure' dump (I'm Team A), but it sure was nice to unload a bad contract(2yrs remaining) on a serious under performer from the previous year.  In addition to the 1.01; the salary I recouped has me :excited:

It should have you in :handcuffs: emoji. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maggot Brain said:

32 team IDP Dynasty (Salary Cap)

Team A : Received 1.01 and 4.01

Team B:  Received 1.09, 2.23, Marvin Jones($12.2M), Cordarelle Patterson($1.8M)

Do people even post all the trades they see or just the awful ones?

Link to post
Share on other sites

PPR

 

Gave:

Michael Thomas

1.10

2.10

3.10

 

Got:

Zeke

 

Thomas was my WR5 (OBJ/Antonio/AJG/Dez) and have Doctson/Perriman as pieces I see increasing in value and contribution this year. My RBs were sub par (Crowell/Latavius/Charles). 

ETA: Owner took Perine with the 1.10. 

Edited by doowain
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, doowain said:

PPR

 

Gave:

Michael Thomas

1.10

2.10

3.10

 

Got:

Zeke

 

Thomas was my WR5 (OBJ/Antonio/AJG/Dez) and have Doctson/Perriman as pieces I see increasing in value and contribution this year. My RBs were sub par (Crowell/Latavius/Charles). 

ETA: Owner took Perine with the 1.10. 

At the point of a gun?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

At the point of a gun?

All depends on how you feel about Thomas. Most all have him as a top 10 Dynasty WR, which would put him as a Top 20 overall asset. If you are a believer, which this owner obviously is (as am I), he has the upside to enter the Top 10. I obviously prefer my side, but as it stands it wasn't as far off as you may think in terms of value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, doowain said:

All depends on how you feel about Thomas. Most all have him as a top 10 Dynasty WR, which would put him as a Top 20 overall asset. If you are a believer, which this owner obviously is (as am I), he has the upside to enter the Top 10. I obviously prefer my side, but as it stands it wasn't as far off as you may think in terms of value. 

That's true but when you're switching out Zeke for Thomas you have to be sure that the rest of the roster moves can make up for what you think the difference between the two will be. In this instance, I find that to be a dicey proposition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, doowain said:

All depends on how you feel about Thomas. Most all have him as a top 10 Dynasty WR, which would put him as a Top 20 overall asset. If you are a believer, which this owner obviously is (as am I), he has the upside to enter the Top 10. I obviously prefer my side, but as it stands it wasn't as far off as you may think in terms of value. 

You won this by a mile, even ignoring your roster.  We're comparing a low-end WR1 to one of the very few difference makers in the hobby.  Clone the picks and it's still Zeke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Concept Coop said:

You won this by a mile, even ignoring your roster.  We're comparing a low-end WR1 to one of the very few difference makers in the hobby.  Clone the picks and it's still Zeke. 

I agree that the Zeke side definitely won but for what it's worth in startup ADP right now Thomas is sitting at 1.10 (Zeke 1.04) so the gulf isn't as massive as is being characterized.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mashedbananas said:

1 QB, 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE PPR

Gave Roethlisberger

Got Dalton and 1.10 (took Perine-have Rob Kelley also)

It being a start 1QB league, and that neither BIg Ben nor Dalton should be a starter, it's like the 1.10 for free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I agree that the Zeke side definitely won but for what it's worth in startup ADP right now Thomas is sitting at 1.10 (Zeke 1.04) so the gulf isn't as massive as is being characterized.

Zeke and OBJ are on a tier of their own, IMO.  Thomas around 12 makes sense, but only because of the big drop off after 8.  Trading up through those 2 or 3 tiers should be very expensive. According to the startup trade chart, 1.01 > 1.12+2.1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, doowain said:

PPR

Gave:

Michael Thomas

1.10

2.10

3.10

 

Got:

Zeke

Thomas was my WR5 (OBJ/Antonio/AJG/Dez) and have Doctson/Perriman as pieces I see increasing in value and contribution this year. My RBs were sub par (Crowell/Latavius/Charles). 

ETA: Owner took Perine with the 1.10. 

Love Thomas but you sold assuming he's a top 6 overall pick (could be but very little downside). Great trade. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

16 team, non-IDP, PPR

TEAM A will give
Matthews, Jordan PHI WR
Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.05
Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.11


To TEAM B for
Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.07

1.7

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Maggot Brain said:

32 team IDP Dynasty (Salary Cap)

Team A : Received 1.01 and 4.01

Team B:  Received 1.09, 2.23, Marvin Jones($12.2M), Cordarelle Patterson($1.8M)

Turrible

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, Rockchild said:

Went down in one of my leagues(not involved), 12 team PPR:

Zeke, 2017 2.01

for

ARob, 2017 1.02, 2017 5.08. 2018 1st round(probably late as team is pretty loaded)

Looks about right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JPeso said:

People pay a 1st for Ben in 1 QB?

A first plus a QB that may finish pretty close to him at season's end. I had Ben on a team I was rebuilding and couldn't even get a second for him. This deal is a clear outlier imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

It being a start 1QB league, and that neither BIg Ben nor Dalton should be a starter, it's like the 1.10 for free.

Ben is a top 12 qb in redraft, I'd have no problem starting him but he's not giving you an advantage worth a 1st.

3 minutes ago, JPeso said:

People pay a 1st for Ben in 1 QB?

Crazy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave the 1.14, a few scrubs and a 2018 3rd for the 1.11 (not on the clock but the 11 on my mock list for that league does a lot more for me than the 14.) Probably an overpay but I can afford it to get a guy I like.

Edited by -OZ-
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zealots Field league; non-PPR; start 1QB/1-3RB/3-5WR/1-2TE/3DL/3LB/3DB

Traded:

Randall Cobb/1.06/2.10

Received:

1.01

My reasoning is that I really needed a top 3 RB in this draft.  Getting who I feel is the best for non-PPR was the icing on the cake.  (I had offers to the top 3 teams in the draft so I would try to be sure to get one of the top 3 RBs.)

At WR, I still have Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and lesser others.

My RB corps is weak.

Yes, I gave up some assets but feel I did well in this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field league; non-PPR; start 1QB/1-3RB/3-5WR/1-2TE/3DL/3LB/3DB

Traded:

Randall Cobb/1.06/2.10

Received:

1.01

My reasoning is that I really needed a top 3 RB in this draft.  Getting who I feel is the best for non-PPR was the icing on the cake.  (I had offers to the top 3 teams in the draft so I would try to be sure to get one of the top 3 RBs.)

At WR, I still have Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and lesser others.

My RB corps is weak.

Yes, I gave up some assets but feel I did well in this.

I'd rather have the 1.01. Packers WRs do well overall but are hard to predict from week to week. If I got a deal like that for Adams I'd likely take it.

Plus you have mad WR depth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...