What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

Not involved but trade today in FFPC and another trade involving what looks like 2016's most traded player, Demaryious Thomas:

Team A gave: Mckinnon, Perriman, 2017#1(was playoff team last year)

Team B gave: D Thomas, Gore, 7th rounder

I am undervaluing Hurns but I would like to see it one more time I guess
That's the issue with his value--nobody seems to trust him. For my part, I'm iffy about it because I'm not sure Bortles can continue to support two good fantasy WR's unless that defense keeps being that bad and they have to throw all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the issue with his value--nobody seems to trust him. For my part, I'm iffy about it because I'm not sure Bortles can continue to support to good fantasy WR's unless that defense keeps being that bad and they have to throw all the time.
Again I don't have either of these guys top 15 or anything.  But i feel like the coaching staff was constantly heaping praise on hurns whereas the Eagles were sort of making excuses for Matthews.  Either could be in the 15-25 range for me and so I'd much rather have the pick advantage.  Plus I felt like hurns just had a knack for scoring and making plays.  

Mans bortles definitely a question mark but we don't even know who the Eagles QB will be yet 

Not involved but trade today in FFPC and another trade involving what looks like 2016's most traded player, Demaryious Thomas:

Team A gave: Mckinnon, Perriman, 2017#1(was playoff team last year)

Team B gave: D Thomas, Gore, 7th rounder
Unfortunately I already own DT so I can't go after him for these prices. 

PPR- Team 1- Gave Antonio Brown

Team 2 gave- Perriman, Duke Johnson, Theo Riddick, 1.1, 3.1 and 1st in 17. 

Completed a couple trades since last visit: All are 12tm PPR

1.12 for Kelvin

Cooper, Andre Williams for KWhite, Morris and 2017 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Gimme the haul!

Dr. Octopus said:
12 Team ppr QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FL

This trade would depend on the roster/rebuild for me but initially I lean Brown.

ConnSKINS26 said:
14 team PPR

Gave:

Jordan Matthews

Got:

Allen Hurns

Hurns and Matthews are pretty close so give me the 1.07; I am more excited about Jaguars next year than Eagles too.

Haul? Looks like a bunch of question marks for a top 3 WR.
From my perspective Antonio's value is largely reliant on Big Ben staying healthy and peppering him with targets. Antonio averaged less than 60ypg without Ben playing.  I like to mitigate my potential for losing a season with the loss of one player, so I personally would prefer Treadwell(1.01), Perriman(2015 mid 1st), Duke (big PPR threat 2016), Riddick (consistent PPR RB2/3), a 1st in 2017, and a wildcard 3.01 this year. I didn't mean haul like "wow you crushed that deal haul" I just didn't want to type all the stuff out like I just did even longer.

From my perspective Antonio's value is largely reliant on Big Ben staying healthy and peppering him with targets. Antonio averaged less than 60ypg without Ben playing.  I like to mitigate my potential for losing a season with the loss of one player, so I personally would prefer Treadwell(1.01), Perriman(2015 mid 1st), Duke (big PPR threat 2016), Riddick (consistent PPR RB2/3), a 1st in 2017, and a wildcard 3.01 this year. I didn't mean haul like "wow you crushed that deal haul" I just didn't want to type all the stuff out like I just did even longer.
You make a fair point.  I honestly didn't even see the 1.1 included in this deal.  Even though you were directing your comment at Dr. O, I can definitely see your point.  I might take that other side as well.  

Rolling_akg said:
  • Team A gave up Landry, Jarvis MIA WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.04;Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.08
  • [SIZE=13.3333px]Team B gave up[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] [/SIZE]Floyd, Michael ARI WR[SIZE=13.3333px]; Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.05[/SIZE]
Ill take landry side, i like him a lot better then floyd and you can still get some decent potential with two middle second rd picks

I could see going either way on this. brown is a top WR but the other team is getting a bunch of good players that could make for a quick rebuild

Completed a couple trades since last visit: All are 12tm PPR

1.12 for Kelvin

Cooper, Andre Williams for KWhite, Morris and 2017 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
kelvin easily, then white and picks side, cooper will be good for a long time but so could white, morris should sign somewhere decent so will be better then andre and the 1st and second in 2017 could end up bringing some very good players

The problem is that you could be filling a line-up up with mediocrity instead of an elite producer during the weeks Ben is healthy (which is most weeks). Also Brown did fairly well when Landry Jones played. Vick was just horrendous.

The biggest thing I might argue is what while I no doubt understand that Brown is better with Big Ben but keep in mind those games he was without Ben last year he was working with the the 3rd and 4th string QB's and I don't think you will generally see the Steeler's roll out such garbage if/when Ben goes down.  He did solid the one game Landry Jones started but not only was Vick just terrible in general he's a terrible fit with Brown who requires accuracy and timing from his QB which Vick could not be much worse at doing, almost as bad as a QB as you pair with Brown. 

If you take Treadwell at 1.1 I'd have just keep Brown, would only consider the trade if Elliot was the apple of my eye and I'd still probably need to be rebuilding and have some roster space to spare.

The biggest thing I might argue is what while I no doubt understand that Brown is better with Big Ben but keep in mind those games he was without Ben last year he was working with the the 3rd and 4th string QB's and I don't think you will generally see the Steeler's roll out such garbage if/when Ben goes down.  He did solid the one game Landry Jones started but not only was Vick just terrible in general he's a terrible fit with Brown who requires accuracy and timing from his QB which Vick could not be much worse at doing, almost as bad as a QB as you pair with Brown. 

If you take Treadwell at 1.1 I'd have just keep Brown, would only consider the trade if Elliot was the apple of my eye and I'd still probably need to be rebuilding and have some roster space to spare.
The team getting the multiple pieces is definitely rebuilding. Elliot is probably the target also. 

12 team dynasty PPR, TE yardage Bonus

Team A gets Travis Benjamin, Cle, Clive Walford, Marquess Wilson

Team B gets Nelson Algohor, Devin Funchess, picks 4.1, 4.5, 4.7

The problem is that you could be filling a line-up up with mediocrity instead of an elite producer during the weeks Ben is healthy (which is most weeks). Also Brown did fairly well when Landry Jones played. Vick was just horrendous.
It's certainly a fair argument with tighter rosters/taxi squad rules. I'm not arguing the elite production of Brown. I'm arguing that I'd rather risk the 'rebuild' route with multiple potentials for elite production while building my team's total equity. That is part of the fun of coming to a forum, we can discuss our different thoughts on value.

Give me AB, and it isn't even close.  Also I'm a Perriman hater - food for thought
"It isn't even close" is all relative to your thoughts on the trade. I hate that line, lol. I think it is much closer than you do but as you've said you don't value Perriman highly. The person would basically be getting about 3 1sts, Riddick, and a 3.01. Maybe you could get some more value but the offer is close to top value for any player in my book. Especially one that is going to be 28 before next season that relies on not just himself staying healthy, but his starting QB as well. Also when you consider a player like Calvin potentially retiring at 29/30 I think it tapers the value we should put on elite WRs.

14 team PPR devy league. Start 2-4 RB's. I'm rebuilding.

Gave: Jordy Nelson, *Bo Scarbrough

Got: Nick Chubb

The leg injury is worrisome, but Chubb is the holy grail of devy RB's if he recovers fully and as a rebuilding team this was a no-brainer. 

We can start up to 4 RB's in this league and I now own all of these RB's from the devy pool:

Chubb, Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Guice, Hurd, Perine, Jones II

Last edited by a moderator:
My roster is full of Perrimans Dukes and Riddicks who have either proved nothing or in a time share.  Nothing against these guys but they're replaceable - a bunch of them does me no good.  I boil this down to Brown for the picks and I still prefer Brown.

I also probably take a RB with the #1 and pass on Treadwell.

"It isn't even close" is all relative to your thoughts on the trade. I hate that line, lol. I think it is much closer than you do but as you've said you don't value Perriman highly. The person would basically be getting about 3 1sts, Riddick, and a 3.01. Maybe you could get some more value but the offer is close to top value for any player in my book. Especially one that is going to be 28 before next season that relies on not just himself staying healthy, but his starting QB as well. Also when you consider a player like Calvin potentially retiring at 29/30 I think it tapers the value we should put on elite WRs.
It's a roster clearing move for the team getting rid of all those pieces.  That's what it comes down to.  In the end I'd much rather have a top5 dynasty player than 5 question marks of guys who have injury history, although I do like Elliott at 1.01, he isn't nearly enough to bridge the gap between that top player and some injured role players.  

Users who are viewing this thread