What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (31 Viewers)

You guys must be a lot higher on CJ Anderson and Keenan Allen than I am.
According to the average dynasty rankings on this site (and others), Allen is worth more than McCaffrey straight up. In fact, he's ranked higher than every rookie straight up, which seems off to me.

Any other Allen trades recently?

According to the average dynasty rankings on this site (and others), Allen is worth more than McCaffrey straight up. In fact, he's ranked higher than every rookie straight up, which seems off to me.

Any other Allen trades recently?
Maybe in a hypothetical situation Allen has a higher value, but good luck trading him straight up for 1.01 (or even 1.03). Look at it objectively: he has one good year and 3 injury shortened years. He's got an old qb and lots of mouths to feed there with a top 10 pick receiver (who I would have had to take at 1.06).  I drafted him and stuck by him but I like Mccaffrey much better for my team. I know it's not the consensus but I don't regret either of my trades at all.

12 tm ppr

Maclin for 3.3 took Kupp

Had the depth to risk it, value Kupp at mid 2nd.

3.1 and 3.2 turned me down to take Henderson and Williams GB.

Jarvis Landry just went for 1.08 straight up.  Foreman was drafted.  Watson went 1.06 to the same owner who traded Landry for 1.08.

Overzealous Texans fan? 

Maybe in a hypothetical situation Allen has a higher value, but good luck trading him straight up for 1.01 (or even 1.03). Look at it objectively: he has one good year and 3 injury shortened years. He's got an old qb and lots of mouths to feed there with a top 10 pick receiver (who I would have had to take at 1.06).  I drafted him and stuck by him but I like Mccaffrey much better for my team. I know it's not the consensus but I don't regret either of my trades at all.
These rankings are supposed to be objective and take all of those things into consideration. I agree that Allen is too risky to be ranked that high IMO, but pretty much everywhere I've looked has him higher than McCaffrey straight up (and many places have him higher than all rookies). That doesn't seem right to me, but it is what it is- that's why I asked if there were any other trades involving KA recently. I think you overpaid, but not by nearly as much as the rankings suggest.

JohnnyU said:
No one is going to give a 1st for Fuller.  You would be hard pressed to get a 2nd.

Jarvis Landry just went for 1.08 straight up.  Foreman was drafted.  Watson went 1.06 to the same owner who traded Landry for 1.08.

Overzealous Texans fan? 
I was referring to this post- this guy may give a first for fuller. Drafts Watson at 1.06 and foreman at 1.08. In fact he may give you 2 firsts!

12 team non-ppr Zealots league. Two trades went down today, same team involved  (Team A) in both trades.

Team A gave: Robert Quinn LB Rams, M Lee WR Jags

Team B gave: B Perriman WR Ravens

Team A gave: J Doyle TE Colts, M Mitchell WR Pats

Team C gave: John Brown WR Cardinals

12 team non-ppr Zealots league. Two trades went down today, same team involved  (Team A) in both trades.

Team A gave: Robert Quinn LB Rams, M Lee WR Jags

Team B gave: B Perriman WR Ravens

Team A gave: J Doyle TE Colts, M Mitchell WR Pats

Team C gave: John Brown WR Cardinals
That package for brown is a head scratcher after news that he looks healthy. Mitchell is what, 4th on the depth chart now? Perriman deal isn't much better.

A few recent trades, 32 teams idp, players available twice so plays like a 16 team league.  Ppr, te enhanced, QRWWWTFF and all 11 IDP with DT and Corners

1.27 (samuel) for 2.03 (Reuben Foster); 18 2nd

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick; year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick for Njoku, David CLE TE;  2.12

1.13 (Howard), 2.17 for 1.08 (cook)

Kessler for 4.07

Last edited by a moderator:
Jed said:
One of those guys eh?
Not just me but the site operators too.

The Shark Pool (NFL Talk)

Important Note about the Shark Pool:

Threads that are asking for advice on how you should draft or manage your team belong in The Assistant Coach Subforum below.

The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion.
Jed said:
Depression is treatable - help is out there for you.
Stay classy kiddo.

A few recent trades, 32 teams idp, players available twice so plays like a 16 team league.  Ppr, te enhanced

1.27 (samuel) for 2.03 (Reuben Foster); 18 2nd

Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick; year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick for Njoku, David CLE TE;  2.12

1.13 (Howard), 2.17 for 1.08 (cook)

Kessler for 4.07
Foster straight up over Samuel so I'll take a free 2nd.

I wanna buy into Njoku but am having a hard time doing so.  2.12 for Treadwell is about right, so I would probably base this on where I though the 2018 picks would fall.

Cook by a mile.

That package for brown is a head scratcher after news that he looks healthy. Mitchell is what, 4th on the depth chart now? Perriman deal isn't much better.
Team that gave up Brown needed a TE and felt Doyle would be a TE1 with Allen out of the picture and Swoope as the main competition for snaps. :shrug:

for

future first (middle road team, prob 5-8)

2.3 was used on zay jones

2.6 was used on marlon Mack 

oldmanhawkins said:
Which side is getting worked over in the Perriman deal?  
I'm not the most well versed idp player so I had to take a look at Quinn. I see it as 2 guys who will give you some flex/backup type numbers for one guy with a higher ceiling. Lee looks like a complementary piece, Quinn is ok, but perriman could lead his team in targets and give some nice numbers. I'll take perriman for a small investment and pick up a roster spot as well.

12 team PPR

Team A gives:

Keenan Allen, 1.09, 2.01 and 2018 3rd

Team B gives:

Donte Moncrief and 1.03
without any context or rosters, this is really, really bad for the team giving up allen

IMO

Allen > 1.03

1.09 = Moncrief (not in my actual opinion but that seems about his normal price)

so the side giving up allen is giving up the 2.01 and another pick?

I value mocrief as about the 2.01, so in that context, its even worse

without any context or rosters, this is really, really bad for the team giving up allen

IMO

Allen > 1.03

1.09 = Moncrief (not in my actual opinion but that seems about his normal price)

I don't think most would agree that Allen > 1.03. I'd take the 1.03 over Allen straight up.

IMO

Allen > 1.03

Good luck moving Allen for any pick in the top 6.  I keep seeing these rankings with him that high but have yet to see any owners actually value him that way.  

I'd easily take Moncrief and 1.03 in that deal 

It does seem strange- pretty much everywhere I look, whether it's rankings or ADP data, Allen is ahead of almost all of the rookies (sometimes behind Fournette). Yet that doesn't seem to be the case in any trades, including in my league where the Allen owner wanted to deal him + for Mike Williams but was turned down.

Big psychological difference between taking Allen in a startup vs taking him in a rookie draft.  In a startup he's a young starting wr. In an existing league a team just suffered through a bad year - or traded a lot to get a projected early first - and spent months day dreaming about which rookie will be left at their pick and watching highlight videos and reading about all the guys and agonizing over who to take and now you want to take that away from them.  

I am not high on Allen at all but if you want to move him for a top rookie,  you wait until week 5, hopefully Allen stays healthy and has been the best receiver for the chargers and you can trade him for your choice, but you should at least be able to trade him for the worst performing top 6 rookie from this class.  Right now everyone thinks they have the next Ezekiel Elliott and you're offering a guy coming off a bad injury. 

12 teams, ppr

Gave 1.01

Got 1.02/Crowell

It's pretty fair. I assume he'll take Davis. I'm likely going to try and trade back into 1.03/1.04, grab whoever is there, and add more assets or picks. I'm not as high on Fournette as others and have been targeting Caff and Mixon. Thoughts?

12 teams, ppr

Gave 1.01

Got 1.02/Crowell

It's pretty fair. I assume he'll take Davis. I'm likely going to try and trade back into 1.03/1.04, grab whoever is there, and add more assets or picks. I'm not as high on Fournette as others and have been targeting Caff and Mixon. Thoughts?
I like it. I'm kind of with you - the top 6 are about equal to me, so if I can get some value and still stay in that group, I'm doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread