What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

jadensdad said:
Two trades today

ppr superflex  otc deals

ebron and 1.5 (cook) for 1.4 (mixon) and Ginn 

zeke, 4.2, and 18 4th for 1.7 (otc) took oj Howard, Lamar miller, Randal Cobb, 2.6 and 18 3rd
Ebron/Cook even though I wouldn't take Cook there, I'm viewing it as if I had

Zeke by a mile

ppr qrwwwftdk

Team a -Jordan Mathews, 2.6

team b -2.4 (otc joe Williams) Blount

team a - Russell wilson

team c - bortels, 2.6, 3.4

Ppr superflex 

team a - 2.4,2.6,2.10

team b - 1.5 otc (dalvin cook)

-OZ- said:
In these leagues taking the big 3 TE in the top 7 makes sense imo.
Not when Cook was on the board and to me not when Cook or Mike Williams was on the board and this is coming from one of the biggest TE horders you will come across. 2 would have been fine, getting all 3 in light of some of the other players on the board was bad execution to me, and again I horde TE's in this format more than like anyone I know.

Not when Cook was on the board and to me not when Cook or Mike Williams was on the board and this is coming from one of the biggest TE horders you will come across. 2 would have been fine, getting all 3 in light of some of the other players on the board was bad execution to me, and again I horde TE's in this format more than like anyone I know.
I'm not real big on Mike Williams (too many with that name have busted) but perhaps he could have traded down. 

To update, last week or so I did this:

Gave Paul Perkins

Got 2.05

Today with 2.02 otc with Hunt, Perrine, and Zay Jones gone, did this:

Gave 2.05

Got Duke Johnson, Julius Thomas, and 4.12

To update, last week or so I did this:

Gave Paul Perkins

Got 2.05

Today with 2.02 otc with Hunt, Perrine, and Zay Jones gone, did this:

Gave 2.05

Got Duke Johnson, Julius Thomas, and 4.12
Not a big Perkins guy so I'd have been on board with your trade before the NFL draft. I'd have been on board with your trade after the NFL draft if you were moving up to 2.5 as a player specific trade, meaning you were not trading for the pick so much as a player you like fell to 2.5 and you were dealing Perkins to get them.

As is the best player you got back is Duke Johnson and for that return I'd just have held onto Perkins.

Ppr superflex

team a - 2.5 otc (Evan engram) tyrell pryor

team b - 18 first and second (mid)

i hate to give up future picks, but was desperate for a te and was surprised engram was still available.  Love Pryor in Washington 

The "right" move would have really been to trade down from 5 to 8.  If you plan is to take all three TEs, it's not a bad consolation prize to MAYBE miss out on one of them if the guy takes one at 5 and get Cook at 8 along with whatever extra you got in the trade.

So yeah, I get the appeal of taking all three TEs, but he didn't maximize his draft capital that well.

Ppr superflex

team a - 2.5 otc (Evan engram) tyrell pryor

team b - 18 first and second (mid)

i hate to give up future picks, but was desperate for a te and was surprised engram was still available.  Love Pryor in Washington 
I hate to give up future picks too but this seems like a no brainer 

unless those picks are are much more valuable in superflex, which I don't play 

OTOH, I just traded down from pick 11 (10 is otc, this was going to be either Njoku or Engram if I kept it) for the 15 and 28.  IDP league and I like some of the players who should be available at pick 28.  I don't really need any position so I'm just trading for value.   Assuming I keep the 15, I'll probably get Foster, Davis, Hunt, or Curtis Samuel - so, IMO worst case is Njoku for Samuel and the 28. 
Ended up being Engram for foster and Everett.  Time will tell but I think I like it. 

I finally achieved my dream of acquiring Amari Cooper.  He wasn't cheap.

Amari Cooper for Jay Ajayi, Cam Meredith, 1.12, and 2 2018 1st rounders (both probably mid or late, but league is balanced)

I finally achieved my dream of acquiring Amari Cooper.  He wasn't cheap.

Amari Cooper for Jay Ajayi, Cam Meredith, 1.12, and 2 2018 1st rounders (both probably mid or late, but league is balanced)
Wow...I think I'd consider dealing Beckham for a haul like that...

Wow...I think I'd consider dealing Beckham for a haul like that...
Yeah.. I paid up but I really wanted a share of Cooper.  

I actually Iike Cooper more than Beckham in Dynasty. I think the talent is equal, Cooper is 2 years younger, and most importantly Cooper's QB isn't going anywhere  anytime soon.  Beckham's later years could be in purgatory without a competent QB. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC

Team A trade 1.7 and Latvius Murray

Team B trades 1.10, Michael Crabtree, 2018 2nd
1.7 seems pretty valuable in TE premium.  1.10 could be kind of no man's land if the three TEs go in addition to the consensus top 6 guys.  I think I'd stick with 1.7 and be happy with Howard or one of the top 6.

1.7 seems pretty valuable in TE premium.  1.10 could be kind of no man's land if the three TEs go in addition to the consensus top 6 guys.  I think I'd stick with 1.7 and be happy with Howard or one of the top 6.
full info, I was team A, already had McCaffrey, Mixon, D Murray, Prosise, L Murray, D lewis. Cook was still on the board at 1.7 and I didn't want him. team B took Cook. I then traded from pick 10 to pick 8 and took Njoku

Crab and the 2nd make the fall back worthwhile imo. Worst case you end up with hunt or Kamara.

Mid-Draft 12 Team PPR SuperFlex (6 points all TDs), Rookie/Devy combined draft (makes the 2nds worth a bit more as they're essentially devy 1sts or falling rooks):

A: 1.11, 2.10, 3.06
B: 2.07, 2.08, 2.09, 4.06

C: 1.11 (OTC/Kamara), 2018 1st, 2.10
A: Brandon Cooks, 4.02, 4.03

D: Alshon Jeffery
E: 1.12, 2.01

B: 1.11, 2.10
A: 1.06 (John Ross), 4.03

F: Alex Smith
G: Cody Kessler, Jack Doyle

F: Brett Hundley, Jonathan Stewart
A: DeSean Jackson

F: Terrance West
G: 4.03

A: 2.09
H: 2.11, Kenny Britt

Draft so far: McCaffery, Maholmes, Mixon, Howard, Darnold, JRoss, Trubisky, Kizer, Equanimeous St Brown, Josh allen, Kamara

Mid-Draft 12 Team PPR SuperFlex (6 points all TDs), Rookie/Devy combined draft (makes the 2nds worth a bit more as they're essentially devy 1sts or falling rooks):

A: 1.11, 2.10, 3.06
B: 2.07, 2.08, 2.09, 4.06

C: 1.11 (OTC/Kamara), 2018 1st, 2.10
A: Brandon Cooks, 4.02, 4.03

D: Alshon Jeffery
E: 1.12, 2.01

B: 1.11, 2.10
A: 1.06 (John Ross), 4.03

F: Alex Smith
G: Cody Kessler, Jack Doyle

F: Brett Hundley, Jonathan Stewart
A: DeSean Jackson

F: Terrance West
G: 4.03

A: 2.09
H: 2.11, Kenny Britt

Draft so far: McCaffery, Maholmes, Mixon, Howard, Darnold, JRoss, Trubisky, Kizer, Equanimeous St Brown, Josh allen, Kamara
Don't the devy leagues generally devalue early picks? Cooks,  Jeffery and djax seem cheap.  The rest I can't really tell. 

Don't the devy leagues generally devalue early picks? Cooks,  Jeffery and djax seem cheap.  The rest I can't really tell. 
Are guys like guice, Barkley, and Chubb already in teams? 2nds are devalued in a devy weakened draft with a separate devy draft, but when both are done together like this I could see some devy reaches while guys like njoku or engram or Perine may slide. That said, I'd rather have the 1.11/2.10/3.06 than the 2.07/2.08/2.09. The 4.06 doesn't bridge the gap for me. 

dynasty, pretty standard scoring for offense, start 1QB

i own matt ryan qb-atl and ben roethlisberger qb-pit

put big ben on the block and was offered garoppolo qb-ne in exchange, rejected the offer

not enough or is it? think ben still has at least 2 seasons left and who knows when and where jimmy g will get on the field and how good/bad he actually will be...

put big ben on the block and was offered garoppolo qb-ne in exchange, rejected the offer

not enough or is it? think ben still has at least 2 seasons left and who knows when and where jimmy g will get on the field and how good/bad he actually will be...
It sounds to me like you will be carrying Big Ben the rest of his career.  He seriously considered retiring this off season.  I think Jimmy G. was an OK offer if you are looking long term.  I can understand saying I'm not going to sell him to help another team out for 2017 because he should still be putting up QB1 numbers but be prepared that you could get nothing for him.  His value will be low due to the retirement talk.

It sounds to me like you will be carrying Big Ben the rest of his career.  He seriously considered retiring this off season.  I think Jimmy G. was an OK offer if you are looking long term.  I can understand saying I'm not going to sell him to help another team out for 2017 because he should still be putting up QB1 numbers but be prepared that you could get nothing for him.  His value will be low due to the retirement talk.
I doubt he did. He's a drama queen and has always been one - but your point about the talk lowering his value is valid.

Even without the retirement talk, in a 12 team league you aren't getting much for Ben. Fwiw, in my recent auction ben, brees, rivers, and Dalton went for around $15 while I got jimmy for $5 (but that was later in the auction while Flacco and others were going even cheaper). That's roughly 1/3 what Ryan, Wilson, etc went.  I don't think I'd trade ben for jimmy g straight but it's closer than it should be. 

16 man PPR

Team A got Jones, Julio ATL WR; Gurley, Todd LAR RB
Team B got Johnson, David ARI RB;  Smith-Schuster, Juju PIT WR

Even without the retirement talk, in a 12 team league you aren't getting much for Ben. Fwiw, in my recent auction ben, brees, rivers, and Dalton went for around $15 while I got jimmy for $5 (but that was later in the auction while Flacco and others were going even cheaper). That's roughly 1/3 what Ryan, Wilson, etc went.  I don't think I'd trade ben for jimmy g straight but it's closer than it should be. 
Thanks.  That probably was a clearer response to what I was saying.  While Ben for Jimmy G straight up wouldn't do it for me I don't think it was so far off that I would quickly dismiss it.  Big Ben is at that point we all have to deal with at some point.  A player too valuable to us to give away but not enough value to someone acquiring him to pay a lot.  Think Carson Palmer a couple years ago when he was roughly a top 5 QB in scoring.  Tough to give him away but you weren't getting anything but an average player or pick.

16 man PPR

Dayum. Reminds me of the Leveon/OBJ trade we had in my league.

I guess I go with DJ and Juju, but I'm not that happy about it. Mainly went this way because Julio is getting older with a long injury history and I don't think Gurley is that great.

Gave: D. Parker and K. Dixon

Received: K. Hunt, J. Brown and CJ Fied
Admittedly I'm lower on Dixon than perhaps I should be, but I'd take hunt pretty easily.  I want to like parker too but just don't right now (which probably means he'll blow up)

16 man PPR

Make me think on this one, cause I really like all those guys.  The gap between Gurley and DJ is smaller than the gap between Julio and JuJu so I'll go Julio/Gurley here. 

Thanks.  That probably was a clearer response to what I was saying.  While Ben for Jimmy G straight up wouldn't do it for me I don't think it was so far off that I would quickly dismiss it.  Big Ben is at that point we all have to deal with at some point.  A player too valuable to us to give away but not enough value to someone acquiring him to pay a lot.  Think Carson Palmer a couple years ago when he was roughly a top 5 QB in scoring.  Tough to give him away but you weren't getting anything but an average player or pick.
thanks for the replies guys.

considering i'm still thinking about it and even asking on here I wouldn't call it quickly dismiss. but mostly my take on it was confirmed, not too unrealistic but would want to get a little bit more out of Ben trade. trying to swap picks and move up a little bit in the rookie draft on top of it now...

if nothing comes of it I'm prepared to just ride him out for the rest of his career however long it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread