What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

16 team graded PPR .5/.75/1.0

Team A gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.14
    Team B gave up Abdullah, Ameer DET RB; Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.12;Year 2017 Draft Pick 5.07

Team A gave up Miller, Lamar HOU RB;Parker, DeVante MIA WR
    Team B gave up Cook, Dalvin MIN RB

Team B gave up Abdullah, Ameer DET RB; Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.12;Year 2017 Draft Pick 5.07

First trade seems about right. Basically values Abdullah around pick 17 or 18,  which is somewhere around Jamaal Williams territory - very similar in a lot of ways, young guy who could take over a the lead back for a top offense

Second trade ill take cook. Feels like really good exit value for two guys whose stock could crater this year. If foreman takes a lead role in Houston and Parker doesn't become really good really soon it's going to be tough too get anything close to cook.  If they both play well,  you're still not going to get much more than cook.  

Abdullah

Miller/Parker

16-team PPR, IDP

A gave: A. Abdullah

B gave: 2.12

C gave: 1.12, 2.03, 3.03, 4.03 & 2018 2nd

D gave: 1.01

16-team PPR, IDP Salary cap & contracts

A gave: 3.13, 5.13

B gave: Mark Ingram (2 yr contract @ 10% of salary cap)

C gave: 3.03, 4.03, 5.03

D gave: Tyler Eifert (1 yr contract @ 2.2% of cap)

16-team PPR, IDP, Devy (each team can roster 2 devys)

A gave: Brandin Cooks

B gave: Christian McCaffrey, 2.23, 3.19

C gave: 2018 #1 (mid?)

D gave: Ryan Tannehill

E gave: M. Gillislee

F gave: 2018 2nd

G gave: Michael Thomas

H gave: B. Powell, Sammy Watkins, Frank Clark

10 team non ppr with IDPs. Pretty standard non ppr scoring.

A gives #4 rookie pock

B gives Jarvis Landry and JJ Watt

10 team non ppr with IDPs. Pretty standard non ppr scoring.

A gives #4 rookie pock

B gives Jarvis Landry and JJ Watt
Love watt but would probably have to take the 4 pick.  The 4 backs in this draft are so valuable in standard especially 10 team and Landry isn't nearly as valuable without ppr.  It probably depends on the idp rules. 

Love watt but would probably have to take the 4 pick.  The 4 backs in this draft are so valuable in standard especially 10 team and Landry isn't nearly as valuable without ppr.  It probably depends on the idp rules. 
IDP rules are pretty standard from what I've seen.  We start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wrs, 2 flex, 1 te, 1 k, 2 dbs, 2 lbs, 2 dls.  31 man rosters.  1 point per tackle, half point for assisted tackle, 3 points for each sack, forced fumble, recovery, or INT.  As a sack is still technically a tackle as well, you get the 1 point for the tackle as well as the 3 points for the sack.  So if your DL just has 2 sacks in the game and nothing else - all in that's 8 points. 

Dynasty PPR, 12 team, 32 man rosters with IDPs, start 1QB/1RB/2WR/2FLEX/1TE/1K/1DE/1DT/3LB/1S/1CB.

Team A trades:

Freeman and Coleman

Team B trades:

Amari Cooper

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of roster size in this league that only has an 8-position starting line-up? And how many teams in this league? Nice tp have this type of info in determining preference for one side or the other, and at times actual rosters of teams involved definitely comes into one's assessment of the swap.

Thanks, and have a great holiday weekend - Ace.

What sort of roster size in this league that only has an 8-position starting line-up? And how many teams in this league? Nice tp have this type of info in determining preference for one side or the other, and at times actual rosters of teams involved definitely comes into one's assessment of the swap.

The purpose of the thread really isn't to asses the trade, it's to catalog what trades are happening to gauge player value.  While there are frequent responses of which side people prefer, that's mostly along the lines of discussing player value vs. player value and not about how it may have helped the teams involved.  In most cases I don't care about rosters involved, I care mostly that someone would give DeVante Parker for Isiah Crowell.  I can't tell you how valuable this thread is for opening my eyes to what kind of value some players have or lose and lets me go hunt for guys I should pick up.  Shopping Tyreek Hill when he's going for mid-1sts, for example. 

The purpose of the thread really isn't to asses the trade, it's to catalog what trades are happening to gauge player value.  While there are frequent responses of which side people prefer, that's mostly along the lines of discussing player value vs. player value and not about how it may have helped the teams involved.  In most cases I don't care about rosters involved, I care mostly that someone would give DeVante Parker for Isiah Crowell.  I can't tell you how valuable this thread is for opening my eyes to what kind of value some players have or lose and lets me go hunt for guys I should pick up.  Shopping Tyreek Hill when he's going for mid-1sts, for example. 
While I agree with your overall point - this is about values, not the rest of the roster; roster size absolutely impacts player value and should be mentioned along with lineups, PPR, IDP, etc.  All those impact value. (IDP doesn't matter so much in player for player but it has a huge impact with picks after the first round or so) 

12 team dynasty. Finally moved Gronk, hated to do it but for this return I had to.

Got:Foreman, D'Onta HOU RBDiggs, Stefon MIN WRDerby, A.J. DEN TEOlsen, Greg CAR TEYear 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick (early to mid is best guess)

I gave:Hogan, Chris NEP WRThielen, Adam MIN WRWoods, Robert LAR WRGronkowski, Rob NEP TEYear 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick (mid is best guess)

At first I didn't love what you got but then I saw you really only lost Gronk.  Definitely a solid return.  
that's pretty much how I see it.  I don't love it for you but it's as good a deal as you'll find now.  I actually think Hogan has value but you got upgrades everywhere without downgrading too much to Olsen. 

While I agree with your overall point - this is about values, not the rest of the roster; roster size absolutely impacts player value and should be mentioned along with lineups, PPR, IDP, etc.  All those impact value. (IDP doesn't matter so much in player for player but it has a huge impact with picks after the first round or so) 
I agree, but I see it as a pretty small difference player-wise.  If I saw a bunch of Hopkins for Ingram in 10 man leagues I'd still rush out to see where I have Ingram in 16 man leagues and if I can work out a Hopkins trade for him.  Definitely a bigger impact when discussing picks because an early 3rd in 10 man is a whole lot different than an early 3rd in 16 man and IDP throws the value scale of picks into overdrive.

I agree, but I see it as a pretty small difference player-wise.  If I saw a bunch of Hopkins for Ingram in 10 man leagues I'd still rush out to see where I have Ingram in 16 man leagues and if I can work out a Hopkins trade for him.  Definitely a bigger impact when discussing picks because an early 3rd in 10 man is a whole lot different than an early 3rd in 16 man and IDP throws the value scale of picks into overdrive.
Sure, it's more of a factor in multiple player deals. 

12 team ppr

gave Jamison Crowder

got Spencer Ware
I made this exact same trade about 3 months ago, I was the one that gave Ware then. If anything I think ware's value is likely a bit lower now due to Hunt so give me Crowder here comfortably now

Thanks Drinking Buddy - I appreciate the info, since originally I thought that Team A: was giving up RB Devonta Freeman and WR Corey Coleman for an upgrade to WR Amari Cooper, which I thought was a somewhat acceptable trade in a start 1 RB dynasty league. But then the thought struck me it might be RB D Freeman and RB Tevin Coleman (both from Atlanta) for WR Amari Cooper, which I thought was perhaps a swap which favored WR Cooper's former owner by getting a possible top 10 starting RB#1 and the back-up/handcuff for him as well. In this latter instance it seemed that Team A was probably solving a major personnel situation in getting the youthful WR Amari Cooper, while Team B was deep enough in this start 2 WR league to send WR Cooper away to Team A for the RB infusion he needed/wanted for his Team B. Obviously, the 32 player roster size here enables owners to have the flexibility to accumulate whatever mix of positional players they desire to roster in this 12 team IDP ppr Dynasty. 

My conclusion/preference is that I would readily exchange WR Amari Cooper for this pair of RBs rather easily - but would possibly be underselling Cooper for just Devonta Freeman and an as yet proven WR of Coleman's ilk. Sometimes more specific information about the identity of the players involved, makes the evaluation simpler and more accurate.

GL DB, whether you were Team A or Team B (or neither) in this instance.

12 team PPR (1.25 for TE)

Picks 2,5,7,10 and a 2018 2nd

for

Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, and a 2019 1st (could be anywhere but best guess is in the 4-7 range with upside if he bombs on some of those picks)

Wow. Super cheap for Bell
Is it? That could end up being something like Corey Davis, mccaffrey, Howard and engram in te premium, plus a 2018 second.  Could be a quick rebuild.

It seems like 1.7 in te premium and a 2018 second is pretty easily enough to buy Murray and a 2019 first.  So it's picks 2, 5 and 10 for bell. I think reasonable people could prefer either side of that. 

Is it? That could end up being something like Corey Davis, mccaffrey, Howard and engram in te premium, plus a 2018 second.  Could be a quick rebuild.

It seems like 1.7 in te premium and a 2018 second is pretty easily enough to buy Murray and a 2019 first.  So it's picks 2, 5 and 10 for bell. I think reasonable people could prefer either side of that. 
it could work out well for the guy getting picks if he hits on all, but in general the guy getting multiple lottery tickets for a true stud doesn't win.  Reminds me a lot of my trading multiple 1sts for Tomlinson years ago, those picks turned out to be (IIRC) Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Robert Woods, and Lee Evans - he didn't get Fitz or SJax.   Granted, Fournette, Cook, Howard and Engram sounds good today but the real likelihood of each hitting is around 50%.  So most likely scenario he gets something like one top 10 player at his position, one usable player, and two guys who don't do much. 

it could work out well for the guy getting picks if he hits on all, but in general the guy getting multiple lottery tickets for a true stud doesn't win.  Reminds me a lot of my trading multiple 1sts for Tomlinson years ago, those picks turned out to be (IIRC) Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, Robert Woods, and Lee Evans - he didn't get Fitz or SJax.  
In another league in Bell's rookie year I traded Foster for two lottery tickets which were Bell and a future 1st (which ended up being pick 2).  That kind of outlier works both ways. 

lexus said:
Thanks Drinking Buddy - I appreciate the info, since originally I thought that Team A: was giving up RB Devonta Freeman and WR Corey Coleman for an upgrade to WR Amari Cooper, which I thought was a somewhat acceptable trade in a start 1 RB dynasty league. But then the thought struck me it might be RB D Freeman and RB Tevin Coleman (both from Atlanta) for WR Amari Cooper, which I thought was perhaps a swap which favored WR Cooper's former owner by getting a possible top 10 starting RB#1 and the back-up/handcuff for him as well. In this latter instance it seemed that Team A was probably solving a major personnel situation in getting the youthful WR Amari Cooper, while Team B was deep enough in this start 2 WR league to send WR Cooper away to Team A for the RB infusion he needed/wanted for his Team B. Obviously, the 32 player roster size here enables owners to have the flexibility to accumulate whatever mix of positional players they desire to roster in this 12 team IDP ppr Dynasty. 

My conclusion/preference is that I would readily exchange WR Amari Cooper for this pair of RBs rather easily - but would possibly be underselling Cooper for just Devonta Freeman and an as yet proven WR of Coleman's ilk. Sometimes more specific information about the identity of the players involved, makes the evaluation simpler and more accurate.

GL DB, whether you were Team A or Team B (or neither) in this instance.
Thanks for the feedback on this. I was not involved in the trade but it certainly sparked some discussion as to who won in our league. I'd take Cooper, as a top 10 dynasty asset vs. a top 20 + a handcuff, maybe flex. RB value is volatile. It could turn into a deangelo/stewart combo where neither is that valuable.

Dynasty PPR, 12 team, 32 man rosters with IDPs, start 1QB/1RB/2WR/2FLEX/1TE/1K/1DE/1DT/3LB/1S/1CB.

Team A trades:

RB ATL D. Freeman and RB ATL T. Coleman

Team B trades:

Amari Cooper

Thanks for the feedback on this. I was not involved in the trade but it certainly sparked some discussion as to who won in our league. I'd take Cooper, as a top 10 dynasty asset vs. a top 20 + a handcuff, maybe flex. RB value is volatile. It could turn into a deangelo/stewart combo where neither is that valuable.

Team A trades:

RB ATL D. Freeman and RB ATL T. Coleman

Team B trades:

Amari Cooper
Cooper easy

for

Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, and a 2019 1st (could be anywhere but best guess is in the 4-7 range with upside if he bombs on some of those picks)
This feels about right. 1.2/1.5/1.10 for Bell. 1.7/2018 2 for Murray/2019 1.

We are playing an imaginary football game by betting on what players will accumulate stats, and we have no say in what plays are called. If you don't like risks, you are doing it wrong. 

For the record I think that 2019 1st should have been left out or on the other side. 
:lol: fair point.  

I traded for Bell here so MAYBE I am a little biased, but super cheap????  Umm, no
I think it's super cheap. Bell is one of a few difference makers in the league. To get him for picks that may or may not pan out in the long run is super cheap to me. I own DJ and wouldn't think of moving him for that.

Yes, super cheap. Trading Bell for guys who have never taken an NFL snap is super cheap.

Ok.  Is there a price in picks that you would think is an overpay or is it just that you'd never trade bell for picks? 
I'd have to think about it a bit, but I'd be hard-pressed to trade Bell for just picks. I'm a believer in having studs on my team, and I would just have a really hard time letting a Bell or DJ go for an unknown, no matter how many unknowns are offered.

for

Seems like a pretty even trade to me but if roster space was not an issue I would generally prefer the picks in a vacuum.

I'd have to think about it a bit, but I'd be hard-pressed to trade Bell for just picks. I'm a believer in having studs on my team, and I would just have a really hard time letting a Bell or DJ go for an unknown, no matter how many unknowns are offered.
I can respect that.  But i think that's an important point to make when commenting on a trade like this, because the point of this thread is to guage trade value across leagues and your opinion is probably a pretty common one but also one that makes  your thoughts on what he's worth in picks pretty one dimensional.  

Some thoughts - If you're going to comment that picks 2, 5 and 7 are cheap for bell, I assume that means you'd pay four early picks. If you had bell would you trade him for the top five picks?  Like 1.1, 1.2. 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5? If you had the top 5 picks in this year's draft would you trade all five of them for bell?  Is there a price that's too high for you when acquiring a stud?

I can respect that.  But i think that's an important point to make when commenting on a trade like this, because the point of this thread is to guage trade value across leagues and your opinion is probably a pretty common one but also one that makes  your thoughts on what he's worth in picks pretty one dimensional.  

Some thoughts - If you're going to comment that picks 2, 5 and 7 are cheap for bell, I assume that means you'd pay four early picks. If you had bell would you trade him for the top five picks?  Like 1.1, 1.2. 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5? If you had the top 5 picks in this year's draft would you trade all five of them for bell?  Is there a price that's too high for you when acquiring a stud?
I probably undervalue rookies more than I should, but I think others over value them. It's amazing to me how many people think every player drafted in the first two rounds this year is going to be a stud or at least take over the starting role soon. Looking back at drafts from the last five years, it's actually amazing how many players don't make it, and how long it takes for some of them to make it.

Sure, maybe this year is different. Maybe this is the year when all the studs come out and we have 7 rookie starting RB's, we have young TE's taking the league by storm, and we have another Julio and AJ Green in the class. And maybe not. I'd bet against that happening but it's that time of year where everyone loves their rookies.

That said, sure picks 1,2,3,4 would probably get Bell away from me, especially if I was rebuilding. That gives me Davis and the 3 top RB's. The problem with that is still, unless one of those guys turns out to be Zeke-like, I've got a bunch of pieces that probably still won't give me the production of Bell and whoever else I put out there, so it would have to be a rebuild situation.

ETA: my team last year started Winston, DJ, Hyde, Jordy, Davante Adams, D. Thomas, and Ertz at the skill positions, for the most part. I went 15-1 and won the championship. I am under no illusions that this is a great team, but I do know that the only reason I have a shot again this year is because of DJ. Bell is the same way. If you have him, you have a shot to win it all with some decent pieces around him. It's really hard to win a championship without a guy like Bell or DJ.

We are playing an imaginary football game by betting on what players will accumulate stats, and we have no say in what plays are called. If you don't like risks, you are doing it wrong. 

For the record I think that 2019 1st should have been left out or on the other side. 
Well there are different levels of risk. Bell has his share of risks (injury/suspension) but one thing we do know is that when he's on the field he's one of the biggest difference makers in this game.

The risk the other side is taking is hoping that he can hit on those picks at a greater than 50% rate (and then we get into the issue of how big the "hit" needs to be). If McCaffrey has "only" a Darren Sproles type career is that enough of a "hit". If Howard turns into Etrz or Ebron is that "good enough"? 

The other risk is that some of those players (especially TEs) will take time to develop which means using roster spots on these guys without really knowing what you have for a few seasons perhaps, and thus not having flexibility to pick up guys on waivers.

I wouldn't have said Bell was "super" cheap - but I clearly favor that side of the deal, no matter what the rest of my roster looks like. Trying to move Murray in a separate deal would have been more beneficial most likely - I agree throwing in that extra first round pick on that side was very foolish, because if he doesn't hit on these rookies this year he will be doubling down on his "mistake" in 2019.

Start 1QB league, $500 salary cap:

Team A receives: Tom Brady $41

Team B receives: Marcus Mariota $32
I'd take Mariota unless my team had a 2-year window. If I had all older players, I'd probably take Brady and worry about rebuilding later.
I'm the opposite.  For less than 2% of the cap gimmie the elite scorer.  In a 1 QB league I'll worry about getting a long term answer later, it's too easy to find a stopgap if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread