Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• Dr. Octopus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

3 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

12 teams standard scoring.

Brandin Cooks and Jordan Matthews

for

Allen Robinson and Zay Jones

Arob for me. Bortles will either figure his #### out or they will move on. I watched a lot of Arob last year and he looked like a chef trying to turn a #### sandwich into a gourmet meal. Zay is a wild card.

I can very easily see a scenario where Cooks and Matthews are both WR3s or worse this coming year and beyond. Matthews is dinged already and fighting to be the 3rd target on the team, Cooks is fighting to be the 2nd target at best. I'm afraid Cooks is going to be that guy who scores 8 points or scores 40. He will be a very good football player and a very good best ball player, predicting his startable weeks may be difficult.

53 minutes ago, gabes1919 said:

Arob for me. Bortles will either figure his #### out or they will move on. I watched a lot of Arob last year and he looked like a chef trying to turn a #### sandwich into a gourmet meal. Zay is a wild card.

I can very easily see a scenario where Cooks and Matthews are both WR3s or worse this coming year and beyond. Matthews is dinged already and fighting to be the 3rd target on the team, Cooks is fighting to be the 2nd target at best. I'm afraid Cooks is going to be that guy who scores 8 points or scores 40. He will be a very good football player and a very good best ball player, predicting his startable weeks may be difficult.

Maybe...maybe not.  Maybe the cream rises to the top.

Any of y'all have a "trade tease" in your league?  Hate this guy.  You know who he is.  He puts players (or picks) on the block, and sounds super interested when you start mentioning names you'll give up.  He'll work you good for a couple of weeks, telling you he'd prefer this over that, and that over something else.... "oh, what about this?", he'll ask.  Finally, it's got to the point where you've tailored it to exactly what he's asked for, in just about every way.... there's just no logical way to keep dancing in this circle, both teams get what they want... and they go radio silent.  "Hmmm", you think.... then, out of nowhere you see the email notification come across.  No, he hasn't traded the major pieces from his side, but instead a few of the more minor (yet still integral to making the deal work) and in doing so got what he ultimately needed most (cash to match an RFA).  

Should I be bent?  I think so.  Our deal included enough cash to match and then some.  I think this clown just likes to dangle, tease, and get other owners' hopes up.  Maybe even freeze other assets from being traded in other deals.  

I don't think I've ever been as pissed off at something fantasy football related as I was this past weekend.  I honestly put 4-5 hours of time - chatting, emailing, coming up with creative offers, etc. - over the past few weeks.   Maybe more.   Told the guy he was dead to me in terms of chatting/negotiation.  I told him he's welcome to send me deals but if it's not exactly what I want, I won't even respond, will just reject.  I'm not about to spend time dancing with this fool.  Maybe I'm acting a fool but boy did it piss me off.

Edited by nirad3
12 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Any of y'all have a "trade tease" in your league?  Hate this guy.  You know who he is.  He puts players (or picks) on the block, and sounds super interested when you start mentioning names you'll give up.  He'll work you good for a couple of weeks, telling you he'd prefer this over that, and that over something else.... "oh, what about this?", he'll ask.  Finally, it's got to the point where you've tailored it to exactly what he's asked for, in just about every way.... there's just no logical way to keep dancing in this circle, both teams get what they want... and they go radio silent.  "Hmmm", you think.... then, out of nowhere you see the email notification come across.  No, he hasn't traded the major pieces from his side, but instead a few of the more minor (yet still integral to making the deal work) and in doing so got what he ultimately needed most (cash to match an RFA).  

Should I be bent?  I think so.  Our deal included enough cash to match and then some.  I think this clown just likes to dangle, tease, and get other owners' hopes up.  Maybe even freeze other assets from being traded in other deals.  

I don't think I've ever been as pissed off at something fantasy football related as I was this past weekend.  I honestly put 4-5 hours of time - chatting, emailing, coming up with creative offers, etc. - over the past few weeks.   Maybe more.   Told the guy he was dead to me in terms of chatting/negotiation.  I told him he's welcome to send me deals but if it's not exactly what I want, I won't even respond, will just reject.  I'm not about to spend time dancing with this fool.  Maybe I'm acting a fool but boy did it piss me off.

I hear you.  While FF is competitive, there are elements of good faith required in negotiating if you want to maintain trading opportunities in the future, and it sounds like this guy crossed those lines.

I know if I'm offering the same assets to multiple owners, I make a point of being up front about that at the start, letting them know there is a risk I'll deal elsewhere if we don't get something done.  On the flip side, if I'm in talks with more than one owner, I'll usually try to circle round to the other owners before closing a deal to warn them I'm about to go elsewhere, and maybe give them a chance at a final offer.  I feel like that sort of communication is needed to prevent something like you described here from happening.

Certainly once you're about to close a deal, it's time to pull other offers off the table and get it done.  Any chance this guy was just using your "best offer" to bid up someone else on a different deal?

5 hours ago, Arodin said:

I hear you.  While FF is competitive, there are elements of good faith required in negotiating if you want to maintain trading opportunities in the future, and it sounds like this guy crossed those lines.

I know if I'm offering the same assets to multiple owners, I make a point of being up front about that at the start, letting them know there is a risk I'll deal elsewhere if we don't get something done.  On the flip side, if I'm in talks with more than one owner, I'll usually try to circle round to the other owners before closing a deal to warn them I'm about to go elsewhere, and maybe give them a chance at a final offer.  I feel like that sort of communication is needed to prevent something like you described here from happening.

Certainly once you're about to close a deal, it's time to pull other offers off the table and get it done.  Any chance this guy was just using your "best offer" to bid up someone else on a different deal?

Usually that's the best method.  Up front and honest, assuming of course you actually are in other discussions.  it's best to assume an owner who is shopping is talking to more than just you.  

With nirad3's situation, it seems the other guy was either unsure about the deal from the start or trying to get the other owner to give more.  Sometimes though you might be the difficult one without thinking you are being difficult.  It's hard to tell unless you're able to take yourself out of it and view the discussion objectively.  

Or just make the best offer possible early if you really want the deal.  Ask which of you wants it more. 

I've felt pretty betrayed on deals like that before. I was negotiating a deal two years ago and the guy had hemmed and hawed but seemed to have agreed to my offer before the games started.  Then our no trade window kicked in over the weekend, and we had a group chat going during Monday night football where he announced he was going to make his trade that night.  When the trade window opened again i saw the trade come through but it was not my trade - it was the exact same compensation for someone else's player.  My guy got hurt the following week. Great news for him, I guess, but definitely stuck in my craw that I never knew he was working with someone else or given a chance to up my offer.  

But that doesn't mean you don't trade with the person ever again.  If It bothers you just let them know you spent a lot of time negotiating the deal last time and you don't want to do the same again if this isn't serious.  If it really bothers you, I wouldn't low ball them, but unless I really wanted exactly what theye selling and nobody else, I wouldn't lead out with my best offer next time, either.  If anyone is going to put in effort to make the deal work, it should be them.  That said, there are times there's literally only one team in the league that needs a backup quarterback and has the receiver depth you need. Don't burn the bridge. 

• Like 1

I give Demaryius Thomas and Tyler Eifert. 

I get Jordan Howard, pick 2.04

Start 1q, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 flex, k, def. Standard ppr scoring 4 point passing tds 6 for all others. 

I really needed a back. Only have Ware, and Ingram right now and I am loaded at tight end with Gronk, Eifert, Hooper. 

Edited by msudaisy26
5 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Start 1q, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 flex, k, def. Standard ppr scoring 4 point passing tds 6 for all others. 

I really needed a back. Only have Ware, and Ingram right now and I am loaded at tight end with Gronk, Eifert, Hooper. 

I like it for you. Can you start 4 rb? 

7 hours ago, Arodin said:

Nah.  This isn't the only annoying thing that this guy does in terms of how the league operates.  

18 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

DT/Eifert for me.  I'm admittedly not a big believer in Howard long term though.  

Mid draft Trades, 12 team PPR 

Team A Trades: 2.01 

Team B Trades: 2018 1st (1.11 owner this year).  Team B took Marshawn Lynch.  

Team A Trades: Delanie Walker

Team B Trades: 2.11

Team C Trades: Zach Ertz

Team D Traded: 2.09

Team A Trades: 2018 3rd (1.01 pick this year) 

Team E Trades: 3.05

Team C Trades: 2.09

Team F Trades: 2018 2nd and 3rd (1.10 this year) 

Non-PPR

Team A Gives: Amari Cooper

Team B Gives: Dez Bryant, Pick 6 (Mike Williams), Pick 13 (TBD), Kenny Stills

*Pick 13 not included.  As commish I was sent a prospective trade by Team B. The final trade didn't include Pick 13.

Edited by steelers1080
Updated info

Agree with Rocker. Team A adds 2 to 3 starters (probably by mid-season at worst), and a 4th player from whatever position he needs for his team's future. All of these guys are "players" - and presumably he has roster slots available or has other intentions.

45 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Non-PPR

Give me Cooper.  If that was pick 5 instead of pick 6 I'd probably take that side but I'm not a fan of Williams.  

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

Great move to deal DT for a stronger long-term asset. 

49 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Non-PPR

I love that haul Team A received for Cooper.

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I've felt pretty betrayed on deals like that before. I was negotiating a deal two years ago and the guy had hemmed and hawed but seemed to have agreed to my offer before the games started.  Then our no trade window kicked in over the weekend, and we had a group chat going during Monday night football where he announced he was going to make his trade that night.  When the trade window opened again i saw the trade come through but it was not my trade - it was the exact same compensation for someone else's player.  My guy got hurt the following week. Great news for him, I guess, but definitely stuck in my craw that I never knew he was working with someone else or given a chance to up my offer.  

But that doesn't mean you don't trade with the person ever again.  If It bothers you just let them know you spent a lot of time negotiating the deal last time and you don't want to do the same again if this isn't serious.  If it really bothers you, I wouldn't low ball them, but unless I really wanted exactly what theye selling and nobody else, I wouldn't lead out with my best offer next time, either.  If anyone is going to put in effort to make the deal work, it should be them.  That said, there are times there's literally only one team in the league that needs a backup quarterback and has the receiver depth you need. Don't burn the bridge. 

I got a guy in my league that is pretty garbage to deal with too. He's not like the ones you guys are talking about where he'll go behind your back and deal with someone else. Instead, he'll work with you on a deal until you finally both can be happy with it, then he'll hem, haw, and ultimately pull the deal altogether because he has commitment issues. I've even gone so far as to go back and agree to his starting offer to get a deal done, not the negotiated one, and he still can't pull the trigger.

I swear, you could offer the guy Lev Bell for Christine Michael and he'd still find a way to believe that Michael really could be even better than Bell with that new Indy offense

JPeso - you posted that you would take Dez/MW for Cooper - does that mean:

(1) those two are enough, and everything else is gravy; or

(2) Dez/MW are enough because it is a non-PPR format; or

(3) for what reason(s) are you willing to give up Amari Cooper in this 1 for 4 swap?

Thanks in advance for whatever response you willing to provide, given that your time is a valuable commodity.

Edited by lexus
a little grammatical clean-up.
27 minutes ago, lexus said:

JPeso - you posted that you would take Dez/MW for Cooper - does that mean:

(1) those two are enough, and everything else is gravy; or

(2) Dez/MW are enough because it is a non-PPR format; or

(3) for what reason(s) are you willing to give up Amari Cooper in this 1 for 4 swap?

Thanks in advance for whatever response you willing to provide, given that your time is a valuable commodity.

Pick 13 pushes the value to the lot. 

4 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

DT/Eifert for me

3 hours ago, gabes1919 said:

I got a guy in my league that is pretty garbage to deal with too. He's not like the ones you guys are talking about where he'll go behind your back and deal with someone else. Instead, he'll work with you on a deal until you finally both can be happy with it, then he'll hem, haw, and ultimately pull the deal altogether because he has commitment issues. I've even gone so far as to go back and agree to his starting offer to get a deal done, not the negotiated one, and he still can't pull the trigger.

I swear, you could offer the guy Lev Bell for Christine Michael and he'd still find a way to believe that Michael really could be even better than Bell with that new Indy offense

Yeah this is basically the same guy.

4 hours ago, Raback said:

DT/Eifert for me.  I'm admittedly not a big believer in Howard long term though.  

I am 50/50 on whether he is going to be a top 10 back for the next few years or if he is Zac Stacy. 

The reason I made the move is if he that good I am a contender, if he stinks I have a lot of tradable pieces to make a fast rebuild. Gronk, A.J. Green, Adams, Ingram, Matt Ryan, Snead,  Garcon. Without making a move I was stuck in limbo. 

Edited by msudaisy26
4 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

Non-PPR

It actually ended up being Dez, Pick 6, and Stills for Cooper.  I thought Pick 13 was included, but that wasn't part of the final deal.

I'd say the Cooper side wins without Pick 13 included.

20 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

I'd take Brown.  The return yards make Hill better, but still Brown.

I would argue Brown by a lot, doesn't Brown still return punts?

43 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I would argue Brown by a lot, doesn't Brown still return punts?

He only had 140 PR last year and 1 KR for 23 more.  Hill had 975 yards.  Interestingly, Brown only returned 15 punts and Eli Rogers 7.  That's the extent of their punt returns.  19 fair catches.

22 team PPR TE premium BestBall. 25 player roster inseason. 2 copies of every player. Bottom 2 finishers are kicked out of the league each year and their players are available in the rookie draft coming up. Like ABrown and MThomas. Started with 24 teams and we will stop after year 5 jackpot. Also, future draft picks not available for trade. Anyway here are a few trades there:

Team A gives Mike Evans

Team B gives Amari Cooper, 1.07

Team 1 gives 2.13,3.13,4.13

Team 2 gives Doug Martin, 3.01, Novak

Team 1 gives Blount, 3.01 (from above)

Team 5 gives 2.09

Remember there are 2 of every rookie. Cam, Dixon, Procise, Graham, Olsen, Lynch x2, among some of the vet FA names. 

Edited by barackdhouse
7 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

22 team PPR TE premium BestBall. 25 player roster inseason. 2 copies of every player. Bottom 2 finishers are kicked out of the league each year and their players are available in the rookie draft coming up. Like ABrown and MThomas. Started with 24 teams and we will stop after year 5 jackpot. Also, future draft picks not available for trade. Anyway here are a few trades there:

Team A gives Mike Evans

Team 5 gives 2.09

Remember there are 2 of every rookie. Cam, Dixon, Procise, Graham, Olsen, Lynch x2, among some of the vet FA names. 

Given that I will take the picks on the first two, Blount and the pick on the 3rd.

7 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Team A gives Mike Evans

Team 5 gives 2.09

Two copies of every player reminds me of the old Antsports days when, somehow Marc Bulger was on two teams..and we were not supposed to have copies of players. I digress..

Cooper 1.7

• Like 1
8 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Team A gives Mike Evans

Team 5 gives 2.09

Cooper/1.7

Martin

13 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

He only had 140 PR last year and 1 KR for 23 more.  Hill had 975 yards.  Interestingly, Brown only returned 15 punts and Eli Rogers 7.  That's the extent of their punt returns.  19 fair catches.

Steelers' special teams are awful...

12 Team ppr QB / 2RB / 3WR / TE / FL

Team A trades:

Julio Jones WR | ATL
Marquess Wilson WR | CHI
Coby Fleener TE | NO
Brandon LaFell WR | CIN

Team B trades:

C.J. Prosise RB | SEA
Terrelle Pryor WR | WAS
Delanie Walker TE | TEN
Jeremy Maclin WR | KC
Draft Pick Rd: 2, Overall Pick: 21
Draft Pick Rd: 1, Overall Pick: 9

23 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

I like Howard a lot but think this is more than I'd pay for him, even with DT being older.  Curious who your other WRs are?

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****