What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

RealitySportsOnlie Salary Cap Contract League
I gave: 2018 Top 5 1st, Late 2nd, Doug Baldwin (10.2 million dollar contract)

I got: Mike Evans (6.5 Million Dollar Rookie Contract.  Expires this year and will have to re-sign in season for 4 years and approximately 20-30M/year)
Right............

Team A received

Allen, Keenan LAC WR;

WilliamsTyrell LAC WR;

Gathers, Rico DAL TE

Team B received

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB;

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB;

Bryant, Martavis PIT WR;

Year 2018 Round 3 Pick

12Team Ppr QRWWTFFKDDDDDDD

Last edited by a moderator:
thriftyrocker said:
12 team PPR

1.7 (Perine) + 2.7 

for

DHenry + AAbdullah
Who takes Perine at 1.7 in a PPR league?  Shows that the person giving up Henry has poor judgement.  I don't even like Abdullah and I think this is a bad trade.

Had this one happen today in my league.

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got:  OBJ, Fitzgerald

Team B got:  Arob, Davante Adams, 1.03

Context:  Team B is a perennial contender, so I don't understand the move other than to get a little younger but at least in my opinion he's worse off.  Team A is already pretty young and filling out a nice roster to compete.  Usually myself and Team B are the ones to beat in the league.  Just a friends league, no money so not that big of a deal, just your usual razzing.  

Outfoxing himself.  He's thinking he'll replace OBJ with the "bounceback" by Arob and steal Adams and a premium rookie RB for "free".  Rarely works out that way though.

Context:  Team B is a perennial contender, so I don't understand the move other than to get a little younger but at least in my opinion he's worse off.  Team A is already pretty young and filling out a nice roster to compete.  Usually myself and Team B are the ones to beat in the league.  Just a friends league, no money so not that big of a deal, just your usual razzing.  
The type of deal I jumped to make in large roster leagues when I would have then looked to flip Robinson at his value. 

The value is there to make this deal and frankly would have a tough time passing depending on roster size. I like my chances with the three pieces. 

I will take OBJ

12 team PPR IDP 2xSuperflex

Gave: 1.06 (turned into Dalvin Cook), late 2018 1st, Will Fuller & Duke Johnson

Got: Antonio Brown

Context: I'm in win-now mode because in what is effectively a 3QB league, 2 of mine are Brady and Brees.  Fuller was my WR4 and Johnson my RB5 and I'm confident my pick will end up being 10-12 next year (it hasn't been higher than 8th in the last 5 years).  This trade will give me 5 of the top 15 points scorers in this league last year

The type of deal I jumped to make in large roster leagues when I would have then looked to flip Robinson at his value. 

The value is there to make this deal and frankly would have a tough time passing depending on roster size. I like my chances with the three pieces. 
Yeah, I don't like ARob, so I'd try to flip him but I'd definitely take the side with 3 top pieces. That 1.03 is especially valuable in 0.5 PPR. 

midazolam said:
12 team PPR IDP 2xSuperflex

Gave: 1.06 (turned into Dalvin Cook), late 2018 1st, Will Fuller & Duke Johnson

Got: Antonio Brown

Context: I'm in win-now mode because in what is effectively a 3QB league, 2 of mine are Brady and Brees.  Fuller was my WR4 and Johnson my RB5 and I'm confident my pick will end up being 10-12 next year (it hasn't been higher than 8th in the last 5 years).  This trade will give me 5 of the top 15 points scorers in this league last year
I don't understand why you felt the need to add context, I'd definitely take the AB side.  

Zyphros said:

I think I'd take the package although I don't like ARob and think Adams is a sell high (so I'd probably be moving both after accepting this.) The 1.03 this year in a start 2QB, start 2TE, 0.5pp would be an extremely valuable piece too. Fitz is more startable in a deep league like that but is still only a 1 or 2 year rental at best.

Replace ARob with any of the other WR's going around his ADP that I like a lot better (Hopkins, Hilton, Thomas, or Cooks) and that would be a no brainer accept, IMO.

During our 12 team ppr rookie draft...perine was sitting there at 2.6 so I traded 2.11, 3.3, and a projected late 2018 third to kove to 2.6 for perine.

Zyphros said:

After completing this one, Team A hadn't finished and did another one although to a lesser extent.

Team A got:  Drew Brees, 2018 3rd

Team C got:  Jimmy Garoppolo, Martavis Bryant, 2018 2nd

His QB's before acquiring Brees were Wilson, Bradford and Osweiler.  

After completing this one, Team A hadn't finished and did another one although to a lesser extent.

Team A got:  Drew Brees, 2018 3rd

Team C got:  Jimmy Garoppolo, Martavis Bryant, 2018 2nd

His QB's before acquiring Brees were Wilson, Bradford and Osweiler.  
Love the Martavis side.  Young QB who will start somewhere next season, better pick, and a weekly WR2 with upside.  Brees is great, but the cliff is within walking distance.

ETA - I would not trade Martavis alone for Brees, although I know its different in start 2 QB format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outfoxing himself.  He's thinking he'll replace OBJ with the "bounceback" by Arob and steal Adams and a premium rookie RB for "free".  Rarely works out that way though.
Yeah, if you're going to trade OBJ you can do better than that.  At least get Amari Cooper or Mike Evans or another young guy who has a good young QB throwing to him.  

Bortles is not cutting it, and I don't know how much the Jaguars are going to throw if they can play their way.

12 team ppr

sent picks 41,46,52

got, t west, garçon
Unless you start 10+ players every week then I'll take those picks.

I'd rather have the lotto tickets than the roster cloggers.  Lots of great players can be found in the 40's there.  

12 Teams - PPR - Start Q WWW RR T and W/R/T flex

I get Antonio Brown, Enunwa, 2018 3rd

I give L.Miller, Diggs, 2018 1st, and 1.06 this year

Current Team:

QB: Ryan, Cousins, Dak

WR: Evans, ODB, Diggs, Mike Floyd (puke), DGB (more puke)

RB: Lamar Miller, Blount (little puke), Lacy (fatty puke), Dixon (suspension puke), Hightower, Ivory (puke all over myself)

TE: Reed, Fiedorowicz

This would leave my RB core EXTREMELY thin, but having arguably the best 3 WRs in the league. I made the playoffs last year but lost in the first round. I have 1.08 (mine) and 1.06 (previous year trade) this year in the draft. EXTREMELY small chance that mixon falls to me at 1.06 but I HIGHLY doubt that. Do I do this trade and target 2 1 of Kamara? Perine? Hunt? I had every intention on targeting one of those guys at 1.08 and taking Mike Williams (most likely) at 1.06. Oddly enough, the rookie draft includes free agents and Marshawn Lynch is in the player pool. 

What do you say guys?

I'd rather have the lotto tickets than the roster cloggers.  Lots of great players can be found in the 40's there.  
40th+ overall picks are roster cloggers.

At least we'll know whether West or Garcon are worth keeping by week 5.  Good luck holding on to Dede Westbrook and Eli McGuire for the next 3 years before you can make any kind of read on them.

you really think there are lots of "great players" in round 4 and 5? You'd be lucky if one great player emerges from those rounds. They are all names we like now, but will likely not be remembered two years from now. Heck I have my favorites from those rounds as well, but i'm fully aware they are just dart throws. Just go back and look through past drafts and look at the players drafted in those rounds. 

Garcon and West arent sexy names in dynasty circles, but both can be productive depth which can be pretty important once injures inevitably hit.

you really think there are lots of "great players" in round 4 and 5? You'd be lucky if one great player emerges from those rounds. They are all names we like now, but will likely not be remembered two years from now. Heck I have my favorites from those rounds as well, but i'm fully aware they are just dart throws. Just go back and look through past drafts and look at the players drafted in those rounds. 

Garcon and West arent sexy names in dynasty circles, but both can be productive depth which can be pretty important once injures inevitably hit.
3 roster spots on late rd fliers and give up 100+ targets and 150+ carries for this year. If I'm rebuilding maybe it's the best I can get for those guys. They're only worth more if someone will pay more, and perhaps you're better served waiting until injury creates need on a contender if this is the case. That said I have found myself late in drafts offering up next years late round picks for a flyer this year (ie 2018 4th for a 2017 5th) and getting turned down a lot as well, you never know who falls into the 4th. 

Current Team:

RB: Lamar Miller, Blount (little puke), Lacy (fatty puke), Dixon (suspension puke), Hightower, Ivory (puke all over myself)

This would leave my RB core EXTREMELY thin, but having arguably the best 3 WRs in the league. I made the playoffs last year but lost in the first round. I have 1.08 (mine) and 1.06 (previous year trade) this year in the draft. EXTREMELY small chance that mixon falls to me at 1.06 but I HIGHLY doubt that. Do I do this trade and target 2 1 of Kamara? Perine? Hunt? I had every intention on targeting one of those guys at 1.08 and taking Mike Williams (most likely) at 1.06. Oddly enough, the rookie draft includes free agents and Marshawn Lynch is in the player pool. 

What do you say guys?
I'd say take it to the Assistant Coach. This thread is more for completed trade grading, than advice on possible trades.

Current Team:

What do you say guys?
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/forum/46-the-assistant-coach/

Yep gimmie a known WR2/3 in Garcon in almost all cases.  No indication it's an IDP league, in which case I may roll the dice on the picks, but otherwise I'll take the vets.

12 team ppr QQRRWWTF

gave: marshawn lynch

get: Ryan Tannehill

only have aging Brees and Tyrod right now and am happy with my rbs McCoy, Miller, Abdullah, Prosise, Riddick. Scoring also favors qbs 6pts for TD, points for every 20 yds

There's not a lot of "great players" but like you eluded to our favorites with a chance to be great.  Garcon finished as WR28 last year (ppr, only my league maybe?) I can't imagine he puts a better season together for the rest of his career.  He's on the downslope.  and yeah he might be an ok WR2 every once in a while, but he isn't a ceiling guy so who do I want on my bench?  Young talent with the potential to be great.  I'll take my dart throws that will inflate in value a little bit vs. the old "depth" guy you want who won't be worth anything in a year.  I mean hell, he isn't worth anything now.  Not to mention West who I view as a sell high JAG.  

Guys that have been taken in the 4th in my leagues that turned out:

Danny Woodhead (FA at the time but draft eligible)

Delanie Walker

Zach Ertz

Lat Murray

Kirk Cousins

Jordan Reed

Julius Thomas

Jarvis Landry

Jerrick McKinnon

Jesse James

Matt Jones

Tyrod Taylor

Chris Conley

Jonathan Williams

Tajae Sharpe

Samie Coates

DeAndre Washington

Mohamad Sanu (FA at the time, draft eligible)

Austin Hooper

All of these guys have higher price tags than mid 40's, some a lot more than that.  Now maybe it's just my league that let some of these guys slip but even then, it surely isn't everyone on this list.  This was across 2 leagues.  

There's not a lot of "great players" but like you eluded to our favorites with a chance to be great.  Garcon finished as WR28 last year (ppr, only my league maybe?) I can't imagine he puts a better season together for the rest of his career.  He's on the downslope.  and yeah he might be an ok WR2 every once in a while, but he isn't a ceiling guy so who do I want on my bench?  Young talent with the potential to be great.  I'll take my dart throws that will inflate in value a little bit vs. the old "depth" guy you want who won't be worth anything in a year.  I mean hell, he isn't worth anything now.  Not to mention West who I view as a sell high JAG.  

Guys that have been taken in the 4th in my leagues that turned out:

Danny Woodhead (FA at the time but draft eligible)

Delanie Walker

Zach Ertz

Lat Murray

Kirk Cousins

Jordan Reed

Julius Thomas

Jarvis Landry

Jerrick McKinnon

Jesse James

Matt Jones

Tyrod Taylor

Chris Conley

Jonathan Williams

Tajae Sharpe

Samie Coates

DeAndre Washington

Mohamad Sanu (FA at the time, draft eligible)

Austin Hooper

All of these guys have higher price tags than mid 40's, some a lot more than that.  Now maybe it's just my league that let some of these guys slip but even then, it surely isn't everyone on this list.  This was across 2 leagues.  
Well some of those guys went considerably higher than the 4th round in all 5 of my dynasty leagues (particularly Ertz, Murray, Reed, Landry, Washington, Matt Jones, Williams and Coates who all went in round 2 or 3 - mostly 2nd) and some of these guys you are counting as hits are questionable at best. And a guy like Cousins was likely dropped and picked back up off waivers after RGIII took the league by storm.

I realize that guys do slip and admit that I think every guy I take in Round 4 will be one of the "hits" - but it's really think there's a much better chance of Garcon/West giving a better return (and even being able to be traded in season for higher picks once they produce). Obviously your viewpoint is valid and if you get lucky and hit on the picks it's the much better side of the deal - just offering a counterpoint.

It's certainly valid to say you prefer taking a stab at the late round picks and hoping to win the lotto.  I think where you lost everyone is with the "roster clogger" notion.  If anything that's an argument against the late round picks, not for them.  Isn't Tajae Sharpe a roster clogger?  Samie Coates?  These guys are just sitting on your bench and probably never going to be usable.  And those are two of the "hits".  That's not even accounting for the majority of players that just sit there forever before you can make any kind of decision on them.  

Most of these guys are 4th/5th round picks partially because they lack opportunity.  So in many cases you're waiting 2-3 years just to see them on the field the first time, while they sit on your bench the whole time undroppable because you don't want to miss out on their breakout even though the odds are heavily weighted against them amounting to anything.  Isn't that a massive roster clogger?

Regardless, I do also agree that maybe the picks are worth a bit more in that league where apparently everyone is drafting kickers and defenses in the first 3 rounds because, like Dr Octopus, many of those guys listed there were drafted much earlier in my leagues, often even in the 2nd round.

haha jeez, i didnt know my seemingly inconsequential trade was gonna stir a hornets nest

a little context, start 1 qb, 1-2 rb, 3-5 wr, 1-2 te 4 IDPs(next season will have ability to start up to 3 rb)

His team has julio, zeke, and melvin gordon and little else (40 man roster), he really is just shedding anyone who isnt a difference maker for lotto tickets. Which is fine, imo, being middling is worse than being bad. 

My team in this league is a contender, I have very solid weekly starters, but my bench is thin with a mix of WW vets, mostly cut-able, and young upside guys.

RBs

Gurley, Shady, Crow, Perkins, and now West

WR

Evans, M Thomas, Nuk, A Rob, Treadwell, and now Garcon

TE are weak af, hoping to address this in the draft

JT, Fleener, Vance, Z Miller

Also through moves from last off season until now, I have picks; 1,5,7,19 I can surely hit on one of those *fingers crossed

So, I am ok with where this leaves me in terms of shipping those later picks. My team is a combination capable of winning now, even though quite young, but also I have several shots at top talent in this draft, and the roster room to keep them on ice while they develop assuming they arent instant contributors

It's certainly valid to say you prefer taking a stab at the late round picks and hoping to win the lotto.  I think where you lost everyone is with the "roster clogger" notion.  If anything that's an argument against the late round picks, not for them.  Isn't Tajae Sharpe a roster clogger?  Samie Coates?  These guys are just sitting on your bench and probably never going to be usable.  And those are two of the "hits".  That's not even accounting for the majority of players that just sit there forever before you can make any kind of decision on them.  

Most of these guys are 4th/5th round picks partially because they lack opportunity.  So in many cases you're waiting 2-3 years just to see them on the field the first time, while they sit on your bench the whole time undroppable because you don't want to miss out on their breakout even though the odds are heavily weighted against them amounting to anything.  Isn't that a massive roster clogger?

Regardless, I do also agree that maybe the picks are worth a bit more in that league where apparently everyone is drafting kickers and defenses in the first 3 rounds because, like Dr Octopus, many of those guys listed there were drafted much earlier in my leagues, often even in the 2nd round.
What else do you call a iffy WR2 and an average RB prospect that has a career YPC under 4.0 and less than 50 yds a game?  West is a stop gap at best.  It's not that those other guys aren't "cloggers" either just that they at least have that chance to become something bigger than what we generally know of a player.  You have to view those guys like Sharpe and Coates and the guys I mentioned as unknowns.  But they were getting hyped up in the offseason as great options for the offense and ceilings were expected to be high.  We didn't know at that moment what they would become, which I would agree that we now know they are roster cloggers.  Garcon has had only 2 seasons of 1000 yds (last year being one of them, and he moved to a much worse situation).  Maybe I'm just a Garcon/West hater and prefer those picks.  I wouldn't blame anyone for taking the vets in this case as well.  Just like you've mentioned I prefer the stab at some rookies, you seem to prefer the vets.  To each their own.  

Sidenote which I probably should have mentioned in my previous post:  All my leagues are 10 team so I never pick after 40 but it's the same type of player as those guys in the late 30's.  

What else do you call a iffy WR2 and an average RB prospect that has a career YPC under 4.0 and less than 50 yds a game?  West is a stop gap at best.  It's not that those other guys aren't "cloggers" either just that they at least have that chance to become something bigger than what we generally know of a player.  You have to view those guys like Sharpe and Coates and the guys I mentioned as unknowns.  But they were getting hyped up in the offseason as great options for the offense and ceilings were expected to be high.  We didn't know at that moment what they would become, which I would agree that we now know they are roster cloggers.  Garcon has had only 2 seasons of 1000 yds (last year being one of them, and he moved to a much worse situation).  Maybe I'm just a Garcon/West hater and prefer those picks.  I wouldn't blame anyone for taking the vets in this case as well.  Just like you've mentioned I prefer the stab at some rookies, you seem to prefer the vets.  To each their own.  
But these are guys you considered a success as picks that late, IE guys that you think are still worth holding.  That's the definition of a roster clogger.  Coates is two years in and he's still stuck in that limbo of unknown where you're going to have to wait at least another year to determine if he's droppable or worth holding.  The guys you pick this year will be similar.  They'll be there in the 40's because of lack of opportunity, meaning they're going to be sitting there clogging your roster for the next 2-3 years before we even find out if they're good or not.

West is either going to run away with and seize the job while Dixon is out, or he's not and he's going to be cuttable.  We'll know that by week 5 or 6 of this year, not 3 years from now.

Garcon as the WR1 in SF is either going to be a solid starting option, or he's going to be cuttable.  We'll know that soon.  Not 3 years from now.

What will we know about these guys picked in the 40's half way through this season?  Probably nothing more than we know now.  We're years away from even being able to see them enough to make a decision on them.  That's a roster clogger.

Like I said if someone prefers the rooks that's their prerogative, not a big deal.  It's more the completely backwards mischaracterization of the vets (rather than the rooks) being the roster cloggers that stood out to me.  It's like someone saying they prefer Garcon to Edelman because Garcon has a much better QB.  It's totally backwards from reality.

0.5 PPR, 6 points all TDs.  Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1DEF; 24 man roster limit during regular season with 2 IR spots

Completed these trades during the draft. The Rate-My-Team feature had my team as slightly below average heading into the draft (7th or 8th I think) and I didn't really feel like I had a team that could compete with the top 2 or 3 teams in the league. I have the 8th best team in my league post draft according to the footballguys.com rate-my-team tool.

Two players I tried to trade but ended up keeping were Lamar Miller and Adrian Peterson.  Miller could have fetched value comparable to a late 1st round pick in my league and Peterson late 2nd round pick value since this thread really is more about assessing what kind of value a player can get then "did I improve my team?".

1. Gave: Ameer Abdullah, C.J. Prosise, 2.02 pick (Zay Jones), and 4.02 pick (re-traded)

Got: 1.06 pick (Mike Williams), 3.04 (re-traded), and 4.06 pick (Aaron Jones)

2. Gave: DeSean Jackson

Got: 2.08 pick (re-traded)

3. Gave: Hunter Henry

Got: Davante Adams

The one trade I find myself second guessing. I had Jimmy Graham and Delanie Walker as well at the time and no one was willing to give up their second round pick for Delanie. I think Graham could be top 10 fantasy TE for another 3 to 5 years and I thought I could probably get Gerald Everett as a risk/reward TE at 3.02 (which turned out to be wrong, he went 3.01) so I made the deal.

4. Gave: Kevin White, Phillip Dorsett, Kevin Farrow

Got: 1.11 pick (Alvin Kamara), Tyler Boyd, 4.11 pick (re-traded).

5. Gave: Donte Moncrief, Delanie Walker, 2.08 pick (Chris Godwin), 3.04 rookie pick (re-traded)

Got: Dalvin Cook (acquired him after he was drafted; 2.04 was on the clock), 2.04 pick (JuJu Smith-Schuster)

6. Gave: Chris Conley

Got: 2.10 pick (Marlon Mack)

and doesn't really belong in this thread but I get offered guys like Morris/Washington in trades where I'd be an idiot to accept and I think this is roughly the kind of value those guys have so

7. Gave: 4.11 pick (Matt Breida), Alfred Morris, and Dwayne Washington

Got: 4.10 pick (DeDe Westbrook)

Unlimited roster size until August 29th when owners have to cut down to 24 players. First Waivers are September 2nd and free agency pickups can start September 3rd. The other owner has Ezekiel Elliot so Morris gives him a bit of insurance during the off season in the event Elliot gets hurt I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the other owner cut both players when it's time to cut down to 24 players.  I definitely would have cut Washington and likely would have eventually cut Morris at some point during the season.

12 Team PPR

I just traded Donte Moncrief for 1.9 and CPatterson

gives me 1.4 - 1.6 - 1.7 - 1.9 - 1.10

wr - Julio Cooks Tyreek Sterling Shepard 
So as above I traded Moncrief for 1.9. I just now sent that 1.9 and Eli Rogers for Keenan Allen. 

Leaves me with 1.4/1.6/1.7/1.10 for picks

Julio/Cooks/Keenan/Tyreek/Shepard at WR so I'm still in good shape imo 

So as above I traded Moncrief for 1.9. I just now sent that 1.9 and Eli Rogers for Keenan Allen. 

Leaves me with 1.4/1.6/1.7/1.10 for picks

Julio/Cooks/Keenan/Tyreek/Shepard at WR so I'm still in good shape imo 
Moncreif and rogers for Keenan? I like it for you, assuming Allen can play more than 1/2 a game. 

Users who are viewing this thread