Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, gabes1919 said:

Moncrief has scored a TD in 10 of 14 games that he's played with Luck in the last 2 years. Yes his health is a concern, but those touchdown numbers tell the tale for me. Yards will be there if he ever gets over the nagging injuries.

And I just assumed that the guy was going after WR because his WR depth doesn't look great and he had another WR as a throw in

I agree with you that any player available at 1.09 does not have Moncrief's 2017 upside, but I disagree that TD numbers tell any tales. They're too variable as a statistic to use them as a gauge. But if Moncrief is healthy and playing up to his potential then TDs or not, he's going to be a great fantasy asset. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1852

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1175

  • Dr. Octopus

    1043

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

1 hour ago, thriftyrocker said:

12 team PPR

1.7 (Perine) + 2.7 

for

DHenry + AAbdullah

the camp hype and coach speak has this being very slanted toward the henry side, but I am not so sure

whoever ends up being the 2.07 could make this closer, but I really like Perine and his situation, he is likely the starter

i am personally lower on henry and AA than most tho, I still like that side of it right now, especially without knowing what the 2.07, which likely wont be super relevant, I just wouldnt be surprised if perine ends up being the best piece of this deal in a couple seasons

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RealitySportsOnlie Salary Cap Contract League
I gave: 2018 Top 5 1st, Late 2nd, Doug Baldwin (10.2 million dollar contract)

I got: Mike Evans (6.5 Million Dollar Rookie Contract.  Expires this year and will have to re-sign in season for 4 years and approximately 20-30M/year)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

PPR Zealots

Gave: Treadwell, 2018 6th

Got: 2018 1st

Even with the positive reviews out of Vikings camp, Treadwell's situation is really murky. I liked the opportunity to cut bait on him. Other guy is a good player and must have felt he's worth the dice roll.

I play in the wrong leagues

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noah Davis said:

RealitySportsOnlie Salary Cap Contract League
I gave: 2018 Top 5 1st, Late 2nd, Doug Baldwin (10.2 million dollar contract)

I got: Mike Evans (6.5 Million Dollar Rookie Contract.  Expires this year and will have to re-sign in season for 4 years and approximately 20-30M/year)

Right............

Link to post
Share on other sites

Team A received

Allen, Keenan LAC WR;

WilliamsTyrell LAC WR;

Gathers, Rico DAL TE

Team B received

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB;

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB;

Bryant, Martavis PIT WR;

Year 2018 Round 3 Pick

12Team Ppr QRWWTFFKDDDDDDD

Edited by slackjawedyokel
Added league details.
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slackjawedyokel said:

Team A received

Allen, Keenan LAC WR;

WilliamsTyrell LAC WR;

Gathers, Rico DAL TE

Team B received

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB;

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB;

Bryant, Martavis PIT WR;

Year 2018 Round 3 Pick

12Team Ppr QRWWTFFKDDDDDDD

I will take the Charger wrs but it's close enough

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, thriftyrocker said:

12 team PPR

1.7 (Perine) + 2.7 

for

DHenry + AAbdullah

Who takes Perine at 1.7 in a PPR league?  Shows that the person giving up Henry has poor judgement.  I don't even like Abdullah and I think this is a bad trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this one happen today in my league.

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got:  OBJ, Fitzgerald

Team B got:  Arob, Davante Adams, 1.03

Context:  Team B is a perennial contender, so I don't understand the move other than to get a little younger but at least in my opinion he's worse off.  Team A is already pretty young and filling out a nice roster to compete.  Usually myself and Team B are the ones to beat in the league.  Just a friends league, no money so not that big of a deal, just your usual razzing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Had this one happen today in my league.

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got:  OBJ, Fitzgerald

Team B got:  Arob, Davante Adams, 1.03

Context:  Team B is a perennial contender, so I don't understand the move other than to get a little younger but at least in my opinion he's worse off.  Team A is already pretty young and filling out a nice roster to compete.  Usually myself and Team B are the ones to beat in the league.  Just a friends league, no money so not that big of a deal, just your usual razzing.  

The type of deal I jumped to make in large roster leagues when I would have then looked to flip Robinson at his value. 

The value is there to make this deal and frankly would have a tough time passing depending on roster size. I like my chances with the three pieces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Had this one happen today in my league.

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got:  OBJ, Fitzgerald

Team B got:  Arob, Davante Adams, 1.03

Context:  Team B is a perennial contender, so I don't understand the move other than to get a little younger but at least in my opinion he's worse off.  Team A is already pretty young and filling out a nice roster to compete.  Usually myself and Team B are the ones to beat in the league.  Just a friends league, no money so not that big of a deal, just your usual razzing.  

I will take OBJ

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team PPR IDP 2xSuperflex

Gave: 1.06 (turned into Dalvin Cook), late 2018 1st, Will Fuller & Duke Johnson

Got: Antonio Brown

Context: I'm in win-now mode because in what is effectively a 3QB league, 2 of mine are Brady and Brees.  Fuller was my WR4 and Johnson my RB5 and I'm confident my pick will end up being 10-12 next year (it hasn't been higher than 8th in the last 5 years).  This trade will give me 5 of the top 15 points scorers in this league last year

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JPeso said:

The type of deal I jumped to make in large roster leagues when I would have then looked to flip Robinson at his value. 

The value is there to make this deal and frankly would have a tough time passing depending on roster size. I like my chances with the three pieces. 

Yeah, I don't like ARob, so I'd try to flip him but I'd definitely take the side with 3 top pieces. That 1.03 is especially valuable in 0.5 PPR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, midazolam said:

12 team PPR IDP 2xSuperflex

Gave: 1.06 (turned into Dalvin Cook), late 2018 1st, Will Fuller & Duke Johnson

Got: Antonio Brown

Context: I'm in win-now mode because in what is effectively a 3QB league, 2 of mine are Brady and Brees.  Fuller was my WR4 and Johnson my RB5 and I'm confident my pick will end up being 10-12 next year (it hasn't been higher than 8th in the last 5 years).  This trade will give me 5 of the top 15 points scorers in this league last year

I don't understand why you felt the need to add context, I'd definitely take the AB side.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Had this one happen today in my league.

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got:  OBJ, Fitzgerald

Team B got:  Arob, Davante Adams, 1.03

Context:  Team B is a perennial contender, so I don't understand the move other than to get a little younger but at least in my opinion he's worse off.  Team A is already pretty young and filling out a nice roster to compete.  Usually myself and Team B are the ones to beat in the league.  Just a friends league, no money so not that big of a deal, just your usual razzing.  

I think I'd take the package although I don't like ARob and think Adams is a sell high (so I'd probably be moving both after accepting this.) The 1.03 this year in a start 2QB, start 2TE, 0.5pp would be an extremely valuable piece too. Fitz is more startable in a deep league like that but is still only a 1 or 2 year rental at best.

Replace ARob with any of the other WR's going around his ADP that I like a lot better (Hopkins, Hilton, Thomas, or Cooks) and that would be a no brainer accept, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Had this one happen today in my league.

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got:  OBJ, Fitzgerald

Team B got:  Arob, Davante Adams, 1.03

Context:  Team B is a perennial contender, so I don't understand the move other than to get a little younger but at least in my opinion he's worse off.  Team A is already pretty young and filling out a nice roster to compete.  Usually myself and Team B are the ones to beat in the league.  Just a friends league, no money so not that big of a deal, just your usual razzing.  

After completing this one, Team A hadn't finished and did another one although to a lesser extent.

Team A got:  Drew Brees, 2018 3rd

Team C got:  Jimmy Garoppolo, Martavis Bryant, 2018 2nd

His QB's before acquiring Brees were Wilson, Bradford and Osweiler.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

After completing this one, Team A hadn't finished and did another one although to a lesser extent.

Team A got:  Drew Brees, 2018 3rd

Team C got:  Jimmy Garoppolo, Martavis Bryant, 2018 2nd

His QB's before acquiring Brees were Wilson, Bradford and Osweiler.  

Love the Martavis side.  Young QB who will start somewhere next season, better pick, and a weekly WR2 with upside.  Brees is great, but the cliff is within walking distance.

 

ETA - I would not trade Martavis alone for Brees, although I know its different in start 2 QB format.

Edited by ChuckLiddell
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Love the Martavis side.  Young QB who will start somewhere next season, better pick, and a weekly WR2 with upside.  Brees is great, but the cliff is within walking distance.

 

ETA - I would not trade Martavis alone for Brees.

It is a start 2qb league

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, msudaisy26 said:

It is a start 2qb league

Yeah, I picked up on that right after my first edit.  I don't play that format, but I get how that makes it different.  Still...Old for young, plus the difference-making WR and a better pick?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Yeah, I picked up on that right after my first edit.  I don't play that format, but I get how that makes it different.  Still...Old for young, plus the difference-making WR and a better pick?

Yeah it depends on team make up, but I would for sure trade Bryant for Brees.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2017 at 5:57 PM, Hankmoody said:

Outfoxing himself.  He's thinking he'll replace OBJ with the "bounceback" by Arob and steal Adams and a premium rookie RB for "free".  Rarely works out that way though.

Yeah, if you're going to trade OBJ you can do better than that.  At least get Amari Cooper or Mike Evans or another young guy who has a good young QB throwing to him.  

Bortles is not cutting it, and I don't know how much the Jaguars are going to throw if they can play their way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pwingles said:

12 team ppr

sent picks 41,46,52

got, t west, garçon

 

Unless you start 10+ players every week then I'll take those picks.

I'd rather have the lotto tickets than the roster cloggers.  Lots of great players can be found in the 40's there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 Teams - PPR - Start Q WWW RR T and W/R/T flex

 

I get Antonio Brown, Enunwa, 2018 3rd

I give L.Miller, Diggs, 2018 1st, and 1.06 this year

 

Current Team:

QB: Ryan, Cousins, Dak

WR: Evans, ODB, Diggs, Mike Floyd (puke), DGB (more puke)

RB: Lamar Miller, Blount (little puke), Lacy (fatty puke), Dixon (suspension puke), Hightower, Ivory (puke all over myself)

TE: Reed, Fiedorowicz

 

This would leave my RB core EXTREMELY thin, but having arguably the best 3 WRs in the league. I made the playoffs last year but lost in the first round. I have 1.08 (mine) and 1.06 (previous year trade) this year in the draft. EXTREMELY small chance that mixon falls to me at 1.06 but I HIGHLY doubt that. Do I do this trade and target 2 1 of Kamara? Perine? Hunt? I had every intention on targeting one of those guys at 1.08 and taking Mike Williams (most likely) at 1.06. Oddly enough, the rookie draft includes free agents and Marshawn Lynch is in the player pool. 

 

What do you say guys?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Unless you start 10+ players every week then I'll take those picks.

I'd rather have the lotto tickets than the roster cloggers.  Lots of great players can be found in the 40's there.  

40th+ overall picks are roster cloggers.

At least we'll know whether West or Garcon are worth keeping by week 5.  Good luck holding on to Dede Westbrook and Eli McGuire for the next 3 years before you can make any kind of read on them.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Unless you start 10+ players every week then I'll take those picks.

I'd rather have the lotto tickets than the roster cloggers.  Lots of great players can be found in the 40's there.  

you really think there are lots of "great players" in round 4 and 5? You'd be lucky if one great player emerges from those rounds. They are all names we like now, but will likely not be remembered two years from now. Heck I have my favorites from those rounds as well, but i'm fully aware they are just dart throws. Just go back and look through past drafts and look at the players drafted in those rounds. 

Garcon and West arent sexy names in dynasty circles, but both can be productive depth which can be pretty important once injures inevitably hit.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

you really think there are lots of "great players" in round 4 and 5? You'd be lucky if one great player emerges from those rounds. They are all names we like now, but will likely not be remembered two years from now. Heck I have my favorites from those rounds as well, but i'm fully aware they are just dart throws. Just go back and look through past drafts and look at the players drafted in those rounds. 

Garcon and West arent sexy names in dynasty circles, but both can be productive depth which can be pretty important once injures inevitably hit.

3 roster spots on late rd fliers and give up 100+ targets and 150+ carries for this year. If I'm rebuilding maybe it's the best I can get for those guys. They're only worth more if someone will pay more, and perhaps you're better served waiting until injury creates need on a contender if this is the case. That said I have found myself late in drafts offering up next years late round picks for a flyer this year (ie 2018 4th for a 2017 5th) and getting turned down a lot as well, you never know who falls into the 4th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xpiredcoupon said:

12 Teams - PPR - Start Q WWW RR T and W/R/T flex

 

I get Antonio Brown, Enunwa, 2018 3rd

I give L.Miller, Diggs, 2018 1st, and 1.06 this year

 

Current Team:

QB: Ryan, Cousins, Dak

WR: Evans, ODB, Diggs, Mike Floyd (puke), DGB (more puke)

RB: Lamar Miller, Blount (little puke), Lacy (fatty puke), Dixon (suspension puke), Hightower, Ivory (puke all over myself)

TE: Reed, Fiedorowicz

 

This would leave my RB core EXTREMELY thin, but having arguably the best 3 WRs in the league. I made the playoffs last year but lost in the first round. I have 1.08 (mine) and 1.06 (previous year trade) this year in the draft. EXTREMELY small chance that mixon falls to me at 1.06 but I HIGHLY doubt that. Do I do this trade and target 2 1 of Kamara? Perine? Hunt? I had every intention on targeting one of those guys at 1.08 and taking Mike Williams (most likely) at 1.06. Oddly enough, the rookie draft includes free agents and Marshawn Lynch is in the player pool. 

 

What do you say guys?

I'd say take it to the Assistant Coach. This thread is more for completed trade grading, than advice on possible trades.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xpiredcoupon said:

12 Teams - PPR - Start Q WWW RR T and W/R/T flex

 

I get Antonio Brown, Enunwa, 2018 3rd

I give L.Miller, Diggs, 2018 1st, and 1.06 this year

 

Current Team:

QB: Ryan, Cousins, Dak

WR: Evans, ODB, Diggs, Mike Floyd (puke), DGB (more puke)

RB: Lamar Miller, Blount (little puke), Lacy (fatty puke), Dixon (suspension puke), Hightower, Ivory (puke all over myself)

TE: Reed, Fiedorowicz

 

This would leave my RB core EXTREMELY thin, but having arguably the best 3 WRs in the league. I made the playoffs last year but lost in the first round. I have 1.08 (mine) and 1.06 (previous year trade) this year in the draft. EXTREMELY small chance that mixon falls to me at 1.06 but I HIGHLY doubt that. Do I do this trade and target 2 1 of Kamara? Perine? Hunt? I had every intention on targeting one of those guys at 1.08 and taking Mike Williams (most likely) at 1.06. Oddly enough, the rookie draft includes free agents and Marshawn Lynch is in the player pool. 

 

What do you say guys?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/forum/46-the-assistant-coach/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

you really think there are lots of "great players" in round 4 and 5? You'd be lucky if one great player emerges from those rounds. They are all names we like now, but will likely not be remembered two years from now. Heck I have my favorites from those rounds as well, but i'm fully aware they are just dart throws. Just go back and look through past drafts and look at the players drafted in those rounds. 

Garcon and West arent sexy names in dynasty circles, but both can be productive depth which can be pretty important once injures inevitably hit.

Yep gimmie a known WR2/3 in Garcon in almost all cases.  No indication it's an IDP league, in which case I may roll the dice on the picks, but otherwise I'll take the vets.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

you really think there are lots of "great players" in round 4 and 5? You'd be lucky if one great player emerges from those rounds. They are all names we like now, but will likely not be remembered two years from now. Heck I have my favorites from those rounds as well, but i'm fully aware they are just dart throws. Just go back and look through past drafts and look at the players drafted in those rounds. 

Garcon and West arent sexy names in dynasty circles, but both can be productive depth which can be pretty important once injures inevitably hit.

There's not a lot of "great players" but like you eluded to our favorites with a chance to be great.  Garcon finished as WR28 last year (ppr, only my league maybe?) I can't imagine he puts a better season together for the rest of his career.  He's on the downslope.  and yeah he might be an ok WR2 every once in a while, but he isn't a ceiling guy so who do I want on my bench?  Young talent with the potential to be great.  I'll take my dart throws that will inflate in value a little bit vs. the old "depth" guy you want who won't be worth anything in a year.  I mean hell, he isn't worth anything now.  Not to mention West who I view as a sell high JAG.  

Guys that have been taken in the 4th in my leagues that turned out:

2013

Danny Woodhead (FA at the time but draft eligible)

Delanie Walker

Zach Ertz

Lat Murray

Kirk Cousins

Jordan Reed

Julius Thomas

2014

Jarvis Landry

Jerrick McKinnon

2015

Jesse James

Matt Jones

Tyrod Taylor

Chris Conley

2016

Jonathan Williams

Tajae Sharpe

Samie Coates

DeAndre Washington

Mohamad Sanu (FA at the time, draft eligible)

Austin Hooper

 

All of these guys have higher price tags than mid 40's, some a lot more than that.  Now maybe it's just my league that let some of these guys slip but even then, it surely isn't everyone on this list.  This was across 2 leagues.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

There's not a lot of "great players" but like you eluded to our favorites with a chance to be great.  Garcon finished as WR28 last year (ppr, only my league maybe?) I can't imagine he puts a better season together for the rest of his career.  He's on the downslope.  and yeah he might be an ok WR2 every once in a while, but he isn't a ceiling guy so who do I want on my bench?  Young talent with the potential to be great.  I'll take my dart throws that will inflate in value a little bit vs. the old "depth" guy you want who won't be worth anything in a year.  I mean hell, he isn't worth anything now.  Not to mention West who I view as a sell high JAG.  

Guys that have been taken in the 4th in my leagues that turned out:

2013

Danny Woodhead (FA at the time but draft eligible)

Delanie Walker

Zach Ertz

Lat Murray

Kirk Cousins

Jordan Reed

Julius Thomas

2014

Jarvis Landry

Jerrick McKinnon

2015

Jesse James

Matt Jones

Tyrod Taylor

Chris Conley

2016

Jonathan Williams

Tajae Sharpe

Samie Coates

DeAndre Washington

Mohamad Sanu (FA at the time, draft eligible)

Austin Hooper

 

All of these guys have higher price tags than mid 40's, some a lot more than that.  Now maybe it's just my league that let some of these guys slip but even then, it surely isn't everyone on this list.  This was across 2 leagues.  

Well some of those guys went considerably higher than the 4th round in all 5 of my dynasty leagues (particularly Ertz, Murray, Reed, Landry, Washington, Matt Jones, Williams and Coates who all went in round 2 or 3 - mostly 2nd) and some of these guys you are counting as hits are questionable at best. And a guy like Cousins was likely dropped and picked back up off waivers after RGIII took the league by storm.

I realize that guys do slip and admit that I think every guy I take in Round 4 will be one of the "hits" - but it's really think there's a much better chance of Garcon/West giving a better return (and even being able to be traded in season for higher picks once they produce). Obviously your viewpoint is valid and if you get lucky and hit on the picks it's the much better side of the deal - just offering a counterpoint.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's certainly valid to say you prefer taking a stab at the late round picks and hoping to win the lotto.  I think where you lost everyone is with the "roster clogger" notion.  If anything that's an argument against the late round picks, not for them.  Isn't Tajae Sharpe a roster clogger?  Samie Coates?  These guys are just sitting on your bench and probably never going to be usable.  And those are two of the "hits".  That's not even accounting for the majority of players that just sit there forever before you can make any kind of decision on them.  

Most of these guys are 4th/5th round picks partially because they lack opportunity.  So in many cases you're waiting 2-3 years just to see them on the field the first time, while they sit on your bench the whole time undroppable because you don't want to miss out on their breakout even though the odds are heavily weighted against them amounting to anything.  Isn't that a massive roster clogger?

Regardless, I do also agree that maybe the picks are worth a bit more in that league where apparently everyone is drafting kickers and defenses in the first 3 rounds because, like Dr Octopus, many of those guys listed there were drafted much earlier in my leagues, often even in the 2nd round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...