What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

Did this small one a few days ago, FFPC scoring with slightly larger roster sizes:

Gave: Tyler Boyd, 2018 4th

Got: Garcon

Reasoning: I never liked Boyd but was OTC with pick 3.8 in this years draft and was offered Boyd and a 2018#3 and took it. I'm one who believes WR's can be found all over but this league is putting me to the test as I've got Julio/Alshon and a bunch of rubbish/question marks at WR to the point Garcon is now easily my WR3 and one of only 3 WR's that knowing what I know right now I'd feel remotely comfortable putting in my lineup. 

Just had a draft with some trading. Non-PPR

Team A Gave: Zay Jones

Team B Gave: Kamara + 2018 2nd (18-24 range)

Team C Gave: Joe Mixon, David Njoku (trade was picks, but these were the selected players)

Team D Gave: Corey Davis, OJ Howard (Ditto)

Team E Gave: Cooper Kupp (Leveon Owner thought he'd come back to him.)

Team F Gave: James Conner
If they were pick trades, you should post the picks since no one really knew who they were getting unless OTC trades.  It completely changes the context of the trade if the trade was 1.06 (Zones) for 2.04 (Kamara) and 2018 2nd vs. 1.12 for 2.02 and 2018 2nd

12 team non-PPR 1Q/1R/3Rec/1Flex/1K/1D

gave:Crowell

got:2018 1st (most likely mid to late)
1st.

Just had a draft with some trading. Non-PPR

Team A Gave: Zay Jones

Team B Gave: Kamara + 2018 2nd (18-24 range)

Team C Gave: Joe Mixon, David Njoku (trade was picks, but these were the selected players)

Team D Gave: Corey Davis, OJ Howard (Ditto)

Team E Gave: Cooper Kupp (Leveon Owner thought he'd come back to him.)

Team F Gave: James Conner
Kamara even without the pick. Davis & Howard, but it's close. Conner.

Did this small one a few days ago, FFPC scoring with slightly larger roster sizes:

Reasoning: I never liked Boyd but was OTC with pick 3.8 in this years draft and was offered Boyd and a 2018#3 and took it. I'm one who believes WR's can be found all over but this league is putting me to the test as I've got Julio/Alshon and a bunch of rubbish/question marks at WR to the point Garcon is now easily my WR3 and one of only 3 WR's that knowing what I know right now I'd feel remotely comfortable putting in my lineup. 
In a vacuum I'd lean slightly towards Boyd, but it seems like a win-win given your roster.

PPR start 3/4 WRs

Perriman for Rivers
It would be a pleasant surprise if perriman developed into something more valuable than rivers, and it wouldn't be that surprising if rivers improved this year with their number one receiver back, a top ten pick at wide receiver and an emerging stud tight end to go along with their current stud.  

It would be a pleasant surprise if perriman developed into something more valuable than rivers, and it wouldn't be that surprising if rivers improved this year with their number one receiver back, a top ten pick at wide receiver and an emerging stud tight end to go along with their current stud.  
Unless this is superflex or 20+ teamer I can't think of a time that Perriman hasn't been more valuable than Rivers.

1st.

Kamara even without the pick. Davis & Howard, but it's close. Conner.

In a vacuum I'd lean slightly towards Boyd, but it seems like a win-win given your roster.
I'd prefer Garçon. So much has been added to Cincy. Just not sure Boyd will get much of an opportunity. 

Unless this is superflex or 20+ teamer I can't think of a time that Perriman hasn't been more valuable than Rivers.
I can think of three. 1) two years ago when perriman missed the season, 2) last year when he had 33 catches for 499 yards in 16 games for a team with no good receivers that still somehow had the pass heaviest offense in the nfl, and 3) this season when he projects to be the wr3 at best for that team because as soon as Maclin and decker became available, every news outlet in the world said holy ####, Baltimore is lucky because they need a wide receiver so badly that if they don't get one they'll be forced to start a guy like Brett Perriman.  

Rivers might not have finished with stud qb numbers the last couple years, but he's been really, really good to start both seasons before the team fell apart due to injuries.  First 8 games of 2015 He had 2754 yards, 18 touchdowns and 7 interceptions and was the number 1 qb in most scoring systems. Then Allen got hurt.  Last year Allen got hurt week one and rivers was still the number 3 overall  fantasy qb through week 5, with 1473/11/3 in 5 games.   His 4227/29/10 in those 13 games compares favorably to Tom Brady's 3554/28/2 in 12 games last year - so while i don't project him to be elite this year, at least 1) we know he's still capable of playing at an elite level, 2) we know he's been a top 5 fantasy qb in the past,  and 3) the offensive weapons are massively improved this year with the return of Allen, the emergence of Henry and Tyrell, and the drafting of a receiver in the top 10 overall.  

I understand the enthusiasm people have for a receiver who "might be the next Torrey Smith", but Perriman hasn't come close to being that yet and the actual Torrey Smith is on this third nfl team and might be on waivers in your dynasty league at age 28. 

I can think of three. 1) two years ago when perriman missed the season, 2) last year when he had 33 catches for 499 yards in 16 games for a team with no good receivers that still somehow had the pass heaviest offense in the nfl, and 3) this season when he projects to be the wr3 at best for that team because as soon as Maclin and decker became available, every news outlet in the world said holy ####, Baltimore is lucky because they need a wide receiver so badly that if they don't get one they'll be forced to start a guy like Brett Perriman.  

Rivers might not have finished with stud qb numbers the last couple years, but he's been really, really good to start both seasons before the team fell apart due to injuries.  First 8 games of 2015 He had 2754 yards, 18 touchdowns and 7 interceptions and was the number 1 qb in most scoring systems. Then Allen got hurt.  Last year Allen got hurt week one and rivers was still the number 3 overall  fantasy qb through week 5, with 1473/11/3 in 5 games.   His 4227/29/10 in those 13 games compares favorably to Tom Brady's 3554/28/2 in 12 games last year - so while i don't project him to be elite this year, at least 1) we know he's still capable of playing at an elite level, 2) we know he's been a top 5 fantasy qb in the past,  and 3) the offensive weapons are massively improved this year with the return of Allen, the emergence of Henry and Tyrell, and the drafting of a receiver in the top 10 overall.  

I understand the enthusiasm people have for a receiver who "might be the next Torrey Smith", but Perriman hasn't come close to being that yet and the actual Torrey Smith is on this third nfl team and might be on waivers in your dynasty league at age 28. 
Rivers is 35. He has been good to very good/great for much of his career but he simply doesn't (and really hasn't ever over the past 3 years) carry the same value as Perriman. This is 1 QB dynasty. The next Torrey Smith comp clearly is because he plays for BAL like Torrey did. I'm no Perriman truther but take a look at ADP (present or over past 3 years) and/or trade value and you'll see no one is paying much of anything for Rivers. Perhaps you are talking about worth/meaningful contribution to someone who owns Rivers and no one else at QB which is different and I could certainly understand some not being willing to deal him for Perriman but I would expect that to be the minority viewpoint. 

Actual June MFL real dynasty draft ADP. Perriman=78. Rivers=148.

I like that deal to get Garcon

Actual June MFL real dynasty draft ADP. Perriman=78. Rivers=148.
Touche.

But

1) Maclin was signed June 12th.

2) "I don't get points for adp" 

3) startup adp for qbs is a lot different from their post draft value, even if you own another qb. veteran qbs are devalued in startups because there is an ample supply during the draft but not afterwards. 

4) Perriman probably sucks.  He played 16 games as a sophomore and had 499 yards behind a murderers row of Mike Wallace (1017), Steve Smith (799) and pitta (729).  Kyle jusczyk (37) and Terrance West (34) had more receptions than Perriman (33), and Dixon (30) and Aiken (29) weren't far behind.  He was hurt as a rookie, but he wasn't a rookie last year, and he didn't get a long look under either ravens offensive coordinator so it's not like he deserved playing time and didn't get it - in fact when Steve Smith missed two games, Perriman had 4 catches for 59 yards on 13 targets, while Aiken had 6 catches for 117 on 12 targets.  And now, with the Ravens bringing in Maclin to start ahead of him, he's going to have to fight just to earn playing time again.  A year 3 breakout seems... optimistic. 

Touche.

But

3) startup adp for qbs is a lot different from their post draft value, even if you own another qb. veteran qbs are devalued in startups because there is an ample supply during the draft but not afterwards. 

4) Perriman probably sucks.  He played 16 games as a sophomore and had 499 yards behind a murderers row of Mike Wallace (1017), Steve Smith (799) and pitta (729).  Kyle jusczyk (37) and Terrance West (34) had more receptions than Perriman (33), and Dixon (30) and Aiken (29) weren't far behind.  He was hurt as a rookie, but he wasn't a rookie last year, and he didn't get a long look under either ravens offensive coordinator so it's not like he deserved playing time and didn't get it - in fact when Steve Smith missed two games, Perriman had 4 catches for 59 yards on 13 targets, while Aiken had 6 catches for 117 on 12 targets.  And now, with the Ravens bringing in Maclin to start ahead of him, he's going to have to fight just to earn playing time again.  A year 3 breakout seems... optimistic. 
:yes:   Rivers isn't worth much IMO but he might be in the league longer than Perriman.  Breshad just hasn't shown squat yet.  Or this might be a great buy low for BP .   I'd take Perriman here but I certainly wouldn't seek him out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:yes:   Rivers isn't worth much IMO but he might be in the league longer than Perriman.  Brett just hasn't shown squat yet.  Or this might be a great buy low for BP .   I'd take Perriman here but I certainly wouldn't seek him out. 
Brett?  In that case I want rivers  :D

The only other instance in which I'd take rivers would be if I was a contender and didn't trust my QB1 - maybe wentz or Prescott or even an oft injured guy like roethlisberger.

Boyd seems like roster waste at this point. Maybe he turns into a WR3 at some point but I dont want to hang on to find out. Garcon has a chance to be startable for a few years in SF so this is a easy win IMO.

Brett?  In that case I want rivers  :D

The only other instance in which I'd take rivers would be if I was a contender and didn't trust my QB1 - maybe wentz or Prescott or even an oft injured guy like roethlisberger.
:bag:   Although it's looking like Brett might be the better Perriman. 

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Hyde

Got: C. Coleman
I was the guy that traded Coleman and got Hyde. The team was the worst team in the league and I had just bought it.

My initial evaluation was I needed a rb and I could pick Enunwa with the 3.1 pick in the August draft (rounds 3 and 4).

I like Hyde because I follow the 49ers and don't believe Grant Cohn. He's just like his father Lowell Cohn who wrote about the

49ers during the Walsh era. I also ran it through a  Trade Calc (like I do all my trades) and Coleman had a value of 14+ and Hyde had a value of 10+.

Earlier in the year, I traded Coleman for Freeman in another league. That's when their values were the same.

Last edited:
bostonfred said:
Touche.

But

Post draft value for a borderline QB1 in 12 teamer=didly. Too easily replaceable. His value to you is as a starter. Perriman's value is about potential. The only reason to prefer Rivers is if he's your starter. 

I would expect BP to be on the field a lot if he stays healthy. Their TE talent is weak. Smith is gone. Yes, Maclin signed but let's not act like he is a world beater. KC wasn't rebuilding yet they released him. Wallace likely gone after this year. I see 60/800/6. Not a 1k season but enough to easily confirm/increase his value from an early to mid 2 to a 1. Much higher than PR.

gunther said:
I was the guy that traded Coleman and got Hyde. The team was the worst team in the league and I had just bought it.

My initial evaluation was I needed a rb and I could pick Enunwa with the 3.1 pick in the August draft (rounds 3 and 4).

I like Hyde because I follow the 49ers and don't believe Grant Cohn. He's just like his father Lowell Cohn who wrote about the

49ers during the Walsh era. I also ran it through a  Trade Calc (like I do all my trades) and Coleman had a value of 14+ and Hyde had a value of 10+.

Earlier in the year, I traded Coleman for Freeman in another league. That's when their values were the same.
Good to know. What else can we work on?

bostonfred said:
Touche.

But

Sounds like this is simply a case of two people interpreting the word "value" differently.

Jeaton seemed to be talking about perceived value/trade value, where ADP shows us pretty clearly that Perriman has had more pretty much the whole time.

You seem to be talking about value to your fantasy team (IE points) where Rivers has had more pretty much the whole time.

Sounds like this is simply a case of two people interpreting the word "value" differently.

Jeaton seemed to be talking about perceived value/trade value, where ADP shows us pretty clearly that Perriman has had more pretty much the whole time.

You seem to be talking about value to your fantasy team (IE points) where Rivers has had more pretty much the whole time.
I'm talking about who I would rather own, including their potential exit value. 

If I owned rivers, would I trade him for perriman?  No.  

If I owned perriman, would I accept the first trade offer that came along? Of course not. I'd shop him on any good news and if there was no good news I would try to wait.  Rivers is enough, if I need a quarterback, because it's hard to get a qb1 in dynasty.  But I think he's a qb1, or at least a big part of a qb1bc.

Rivers has been a legit elite stud qb to start out each of the last two seasons, and I like guys who put up elite numbers.  And his situation should improve this year and next.  He's got a few good years left and they're finally surrounding him with good weapons. 

I think the real issue is that Jeaton seems to think rivers is a replacement level veteran, and seems to think that perriman has more trade value than I do.  Based on start up adp that seems to be true.  If I owned him, I'd be worried about getting something for him while I still could.  I don't see much if any residual value for perriman if he doesn't do well this year.  Jeaton thinks the exit value could jump to a first round pick if he gets as little as 800 yards.  I just don't see that. Consider that Philip Dorsett was drafted 4 picks later and has performed almost identically to perriman so far (33/528/2 vs 33/499/3 last year), plays with a much better qb, and is close to becoming waiver fodder. There are still people holding out hope, I'm sure, but I'm not one of them. 

It seems like we're just really far apart on the valuations. I feel pretty confident in mine, but start up adp seems to favor his.  

I'm talking about who I would rather own, including their potential exit value. 

If I owned rivers, would I trade him for perriman?  No.  

If I owned perriman, would I accept the first trade offer that came along? Of course not. I'd shop him on any good news and if there was no good news I would try to wait.  Rivers is enough, if I need a quarterback, because it's hard to get a qb1 in dynasty.  But I think he's a qb1, or at least a big part of a qb1bc.

Rivers has been a legit elite stud qb to start out each of the last two seasons, and I like guys who put up elite numbers.  And his situation should improve this year and next.  He's got a few good years left and they're finally surrounding him with good weapons. 

I think the real issue is that Jeaton seems to think rivers is a replacement level veteran, and seems to think that perriman has more trade value than I do.  Based on start up adp that seems to be true.  If I owned him, I'd be worried about getting something for him while I still could.  I don't see much if any residual value for perriman if he doesn't do well this year.  Jeaton thinks the exit value could jump to a first round pick if he gets as little as 800 yards.  I just don't see that. Consider that Philip Dorsett was drafted 4 picks later and has performed almost identically to perriman so far (33/528/2 vs 33/499/3 last year), plays with a much better qb, and is close to becoming waiver fodder. There are still people holding out hope, I'm sure, but I'm not one of them. 

It seems like we're just really far apart on the valuations. I feel pretty confident in mine, but start up adp seems to favor his.  
Rivers was QB17 and QB16 in PPG in one league I just checked in 2015/2016. He was QB2 in PPG through 8 weeks in 2015 but QB18 in 2016. There were 15 QBs within +- 1point of him in 2016. Just not someone I can see many viewing as a difference maker at the position. He brings with him consistency which is certainly valuable but I just can't see you getting much exit value out of him. Maybe in season if someone desperate they would pay a 2. 

Dorsett was drafted in the same range but we all know that was a shocking pick. Their  skill sets aren't similar and Baltimore much more pass happy and replacing a lot of targets this year so I expect Perriman to have a bigger opp this year than last.

12 Team PPR standard lineups

Gave: 

Michael Thomas (NOS), Joe Mixon, 2018 2nd round pick (fringe contender)

Received: 

OBJ, Lamar Miller, 2018 1st round pick (unlikely playoff team)

Overall, I think I got more value here. My team is entering the 3rd year of a rebuild and I've been very fortunate with trades/draft picks thus far to the point where my team should compete for the playoffs just one year after earning the 1.01. However, my team isn't in a position to consolidate assets quite yet, which is why I held out for a bit more value. These negotiations were a reminder that ff leagues aren't perfect markets (ie you can't just flip assets for equal/market value at will). Also, I think current value for Thomas is a great exit price, and the ff community is undervaluing Brees' pending decline (he's 38!)
A follow up trade in same league, different trade partner

Gave:

Sammy Watkins, Chris Thompson, 2018 1st round pick (unlikely playoff team imo, same pick as above)

Received:

Zeke

PPR Dynasty - 12 team.

Dez Bryant  for Michael Thomas and a 2018 2nd (Projected mid round)

Last edited by a moderator:
So are people selling low on Zeke due to Schefter's recent comments about possible suspensions? These last two deals seem a bit off for him.
No idea if a possible suspension played a role in my trade. The owner trading Zeke away is stockpiling WRs and taking a zero-rb approach. I agree that both above trade packages are a bit light for Zeke

Gave:

Sammy Watkins, Chris Thompson, 2018 1st round pick (unlikely playoff team imo, same pick as above)

Received:

Zeke
This one is a steal. The other Zeke trade posted right after is not that bad (Freeman/Coleman and Landry)

maf005 said:

Gave:

Received:

Zeke
Zeke; not close to me.

jeaton6 said:
maf005 said:

Gave:

Received:

Zeke
Zeke by a lot. Sounds like a panic sell
Even if the first were guaranteed 1.01 I'd probably zeke. 

I think you should offer it anyway and let us know if it gets accepted.
It got accepted. 

I really appreciate the debate on it. Still mulling over whether this was a win or not and what to do next. He seems QB and offense dependent in a way some of the true stud WR1's aren't. I've seen the explanations about scheme and usage to explain away 2016... but dropping 500+ yds and 8TD's on just 7 less catches seems pretty damning.

I totally get that in the fantasy consciousness ARob still holds near 2015 value; I would have never paid that for reasons above. (Not claiming to be an accomplished trade-master.) I've got hopes, but I'm strongly considering packaging him up and shipping him off while he still owns that high value mindshare. There's a lot of ARob easily votes here, but this was a bit closer in my mind. I think Tyrell potentially has similar upside to Arob (better measurables and QB, 1K yds in yr 2) and it's possible the absence of KA actually hindered his production last year. Miller gets a lot of disrespect here... maybe I'm a diehard, but I don't see how a season behind a crappy line with a nonexistent passing game proves he can't handle the load... he carried that team. How could he not get hurt... everyone saw him coming. Not trying to create a tangent here, but I see these guys ascending this year... right now ARob's trajectory is negative.

12 Team PPR: Ajayi for Jordan Reed. Not involved. Not a joke. 
I don't get the qualification of it not being a joke. Honestly it would come down to team makeup for me. In a vacuum I'd prefer the Ajayi side due to position scarcity and upside, but Reed is a difference maker at TE when healthy and he could be in for his best season yet with the departure of last year's starting WRs in Washington.

Which side would be the joke?  I'd take Jordan Reed because I don't trust Ajayi's knees to last more than 2 years more, and I think his production was somewhat a fluke. I think he regresses a lot this year.  Mike Clay has them ranked 23 and 27.
Yep - both players have big risks and big upside - this is a toss up to me.

It got accepted. 

I really appreciate the debate on it. Still mulling over whether this was a win or not and what to do next.
Except that's not what this thread is for.  But by all means keep us updated on the progress of your team and other moves you are considering.

Oh wait...

Which side would be the joke?  I'd take Jordan Reed because I don't trust Ajayi's knees to last more than 2 years more, and I think his production was somewhat a fluke. I think he regresses a lot this year.  Mike Clay has them ranked 23 and 27.
Really? Clearly the Reed side. Come on. You could easily say the same thing about Reed. Moreso. Here's the dialogue. Man, Reed is one concussion away from being out of the league. Not to mention his knees. He's always hurt. 

non-PPR:

Team A Gives: Wayne Gallman

Team B Gives: Adam Shaheen, Aaron Jones
shaheen side

gallman might be pretty good, i just hate that situation in NY (also am perkins owner) , but I think its possible in a couple years shaheen is the best piece of this deal

Users who are viewing this thread