Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

He had a good year as the best target for a bad team that nobody really game planned to stop.  

Now he's going to a contender, with an established elite tight end, very good slot guy, last year's first round pick at wide receivers, and a revamped running game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor have a fantasy wr1 season or a wr3 season.  It's almost impossible to project that passing game.

But let's say he has a good year. You still need to worry about cousins leaving next year. 

With Coleman, the situation seems pretty clear - he's really talented, and their quarterbacks aren't.  Like Pryor, there's a pretty wide range of outcomes for this year, but going forward it seems to be looking up for him.

They both have uncertainty, and I think Pryor is a good receiver, but Coleman has a higher upside and seems to be the guy they're  building around. 

Not only could Cousins leave, but Pryor is only on a one year contract. So that's a worry. But it seems to me that talent wins out and with his athleticism he could fit a number of teams even if he leaves Washington.

I'm not sold on Coleman's upside in a non-ppr setting. I can't see him as a great red zone target and I don't want to count on a guy breaking free for long TDs. 

In the end, I see them having a similar number of yards per year but Pryor has the higher TD upside.

Anyway, either guy is probably a 2/3 WR starter for me (complete roster isn't important). I definitely can't see Coleman as a non-ppr WR1 ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1823

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1133

  • FreeBaGeL

    1035

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

30 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

He had a good year as the best target for a bad team that nobody really game planned to stop.  

Now he's going to a contender, with an established elite tight end, very good slot guy, last year's first round pick at wide receivers, and a revamped running game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor have a fantasy wr1 season or a wr3 season.  It's almost impossible to project that passing game.

But let's say he has a good year. You still need to worry about cousins leaving next year. 

With Coleman, the situation seems pretty clear - he's really talented, and their quarterbacks aren't.  Like Pryor, there's a pretty wide range of outcomes for this year, but going forward it seems to be looking up for him.

They both have uncertainty, and I think Pryor is a good receiver, but Coleman has a higher upside and seems to be the guy they're  building around. 

More upside than a 28 year old 6'5" freak athlete who runs a sub-4.40 40 yard dash? Who's a converted qb and caught 1,000 yards in his 3rd season playing WR ever on a team with Cody Kessler, Josh McCown, and the ghost of RG3 throwing him the rock. And he just got paid in the offseason to be the #1 target for a team with a prolific and highly efficient quarterback. 

Pryor is the definition of upside

Link to post
Share on other sites

FFPC startup draft these 2 happened today, our draft is still a week out.

2.07 and 8.07

for

3.10 and 4.03

Other trade (not the same owners as the first one, totally different 4 owners):

6.09

for

2018 1st

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maf005 said:

More upside than a 28 year old 6'5" freak athlete who runs a sub-4.40 40 yard dash? Who's a converted qb and caught 1,000 yards in his 3rd season playing WR ever on a team with Cody Kessler, Josh McCown, and the ghost of RG3 throwing him the rock. And he just got paid in the offseason to be the #1 target for a team with a prolific and highly efficient quarterback. 

Pryor is the definition of upside

He does have a lot of upside but he's 5 years older than coleman and I really don't think he's any more naturally talented than coleman.  If pryor was such a stud he'd have more than a one year deal right now and the Browns probably would have tried to keep him. 

He might be the definition of upside but he's also the definition of a question mark. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

He does have a lot of upside but he's 5 years older than coleman and I really don't think he's any more naturally talented than coleman.  If pryor was such a stud he'd have more than a one year deal right now and the Browns probably would have tried to keep him. 

He might be the definition of upside but he's also the definition of a question mark. 

Yeah I was surprised some team didn't offer him a longer/better contract. Not that I buy into the narratives much but Pryor should be motivated to prove himself this year, it's likely his only shot at a huge multi-year contract.

FWIW I'd take Coleman over Pryor in dynasty. Just took exception with the "upside" comment

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not only could Cousins leave, but Pryor is only on a one year contract. So that's a worry. But it seems to me that talent wins out and with his athleticism he could fit a number of teams even if he leaves Washington.

I'm not sold on Coleman's upside in a non-ppr setting. I can't see him as a great red zone target and I don't want to count on a guy breaking free for long TDs. 

In the end, I see them having a similar number of yards per year but Pryor has the higher TD upside.

Anyway, either guy is probably a 2/3 WR starter for me (complete roster isn't important). I definitely can't see Coleman as a non-ppr WR1 ever.

I don't feel strongly one way or the other and wouldn't fault anyone for siding with Pryor, the only thing I'll say is don't get caught up on assuming that height is singularly correlated to TD potential.  Antonio Brown is doubling Julio Jones' TD totals most years at nearly half a foot shorter.  

And heck, Coleman only had one fewer TD than Pryor last year despite playing only half the season.  On top of that Coleman was a TD machine in college (20 TDs his final season!).  And while in the short term of course we all prefer Cousins to whomever Cleveland is rolling out at QB in general, Cousins isn't exactly known for looking his WRs way in the redzone.  Garcon had only 3 TDs last year for Washington.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC startup draft these 2 happened today, our draft is still a week out.

2.07 and 8.07

for

3.10 and 4.03

Other trade (not the same owners as the first one, totally different 4 owners):

6.09

for

2018 1st

These are probably about right on value.

On the first it sounds like a lot to move up just one round, but that seems to be the going rate.  In my FFPC startup someone gave up a 1st to move from late 3rd to late 2nd.  There is a pretty big dropoff in that early 3rd range that most people are trying to get ahead of.

On the second, a sixth seems to be the consensus value on a 2018 1st (even to the point where when people are using trade calculators to measure trades, they're subbing in the "points" from a 6th round pick for a future 1st).  That said, I take the 1st here by a lot.  One of the things I like to do with these is sub in the players for the picks and see how it lines up in established leagues.  When you look at the actual players being taken there most of them aren't guys that are pulling back future firsts.  For instance in my league 6.09 was Jordan Matthews.  No one is giving a 2018 1st for Jordan Matthews right now. 

Going back my biggest regret from my FFPC startup is not trading for future picks enough.  I probably could have gotten a 2018 1st AND 2018 2nd for my 5.04 before the draft, but it sounded like a valuable pick.  In the end I ended up settling on Donte Moncrief there, who most people would value far below a 2018 1st+2nd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

These are probably about right on value.

On the first it sounds like a lot to move up just one round, but that seems to be the going rate.  In my FFPC startup someone gave up a 1st to move from late 3rd to late 2nd.  There is a pretty big dropoff in that early 3rd range that most people are trying to get ahead of.

On the second, a sixth seems to be the consensus value on a 2018 1st (even to the point where when people are using trade calculators to measure trades, they're subbing in the "points" from a 6th round pick for a future 1st).  That said, I take the 1st here by a lot.  One of the things I like to do with these is sub in the players for the picks and see how it lines up in established leagues.  When you look at the actual players being taken there most of them aren't guys that are pulling back future firsts.  For instance in my league 6.09 was Jordan Matthews.  No one is giving a 2018 1st for Jordan Matthews right now. 

Going back my biggest regret from my FFPC startup is not trading for future picks enough.  I probably could have gotten a 2018 1st AND 2018 2nd for my 5.04 before the draft, but it sounded like a valuable pick.  In the end I ended up settling on Donte Moncrief there, who most people would value far below a 2018 1st+2nd.

Agreed on the value being right. Value of a future first for a startup pick has changed considerably over the years, at least in FFPC leagues. To be exact it changed after the success of the 2014 class.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

These are probably about right on value.

On the first it sounds like a lot to move up just one round, but that seems to be the going rate.  In my FFPC startup someone gave up a 1st to move from late 3rd to late 2nd.  There is a pretty big dropoff in that early 3rd range that most people are trying to get ahead of.

On the second, a sixth seems to be the consensus value on a 2018 1st (even to the point where when people are using trade calculators to measure trades, they're subbing in the "points" from a 6th round pick for a future 1st).  That said, I take the 1st here by a lot.  One of the things I like to do with these is sub in the players for the picks and see how it lines up in established leagues.  When you look at the actual players being taken there most of them aren't guys that are pulling back future firsts.  For instance in my league 6.09 was Jordan Matthews.  No one is giving a 2018 1st for Jordan Matthews right now. 

Going back my biggest regret from my FFPC startup is not trading for future picks enough.  I probably could have gotten a 2018 1st AND 2018 2nd for my 5.04 before the draft, but it sounded like a valuable pick.  In the end I ended up settling on Donte Moncrief there, who most people would value far below a 2018 1st+2nd.

Not to turn it into an AC discussion but, I did the same thing of sub in players on my ranking sheet in that 6th round range and the guys I see possibly available are like Golden Tate, Jordan Matthews like you said, Crabtree, Sanders, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell none of whom are very interesting.  I'll definitely be trying to work that trade now, thanks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

@FreeBaGeL Where did the QB's go in your FFPC startup?  Again I don't want this to be considered AC but it wouldn't let me message you so... next best thing since you mentioned it in your post.  

QBs went very late in mine.

3.11 - Luck
4.10 - Rodgers
7.2 - Wilson
8.3 - Brady
8.5 - Carr

Those were the first 5 off the board.  Guys like Rivers/Big Ben went in the 15th.

Someone else had an FFPC draft on here somewhere where QBs went much earlier though, so I guess even in the same settings it can vary pretty heavily from draft to draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Not to turn it into an AC discussion but, I did the same thing of sub in players on my ranking sheet in that 6th round range and the guys I see possibly available are like Golden Tate, Jordan Matthews like you said, Crabtree, Sanders, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell none of whom are very interesting.  I'll definitely be trying to work that trade now, thanks.  

I think 6.9 is about right. The issue with the above is 1) no one is ranking guys like forte or powell around Pick 70. 2) There are always players that unexpectedly fall in that range and a guy you have as top 50 is sitting there. 3) June MFL ADP for actual drafts has rookies 7-12 at picks 70-90 (Howard, Kamara, Perrine, Ross, Hunt, Njoku). So why move a pick that could easily be one of those guys (or an expected top 50 vet that falls) for a future completely random 2018 1? I get moving late 1sts in established leagues for future 1sts that you can relatively well predict a range of where they'll end up but I'd much rather sit on the pick til draft starts than deal it to someone predraft that is likely going more win now. At least during the draft you can get a feel for where things are going. Moving the 6.9 for a future 1 at a minimum will likely be on the table whenever you want to take it (at a minimum).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Well that went really fast.  Thanks to Freebagel, Just offered my 5th (5.07 startup draft) FFPC and got a 2018 1st and 2nd.  Done deal.

When is Draft? Report back on who was there at 5.7! Interested to see how it works out for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jeaton6 said:

When is Draft? Report back on who was there at 5.7! Interested to see how it works out for you.

Draft is in a week, and I definitely will be making a note of it.  There were 6 offers in my inbox from 6 different owners all trying to move around for the start up draft, so I figured I'd join the 1 other owner in setting my window up in the long haul vs. the short term.  That was one of my motivating factors to doing it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Draft is in a week, and I definitely will be making a note of it.  There were 6 offers in my inbox from 6 different owners all trying to move around for the start up draft, so I figured I'd join the 1 other owner in setting my window up in the long haul vs. the short term.  That was one of my motivating factors to doing it.  

I've been a fan of those moves but only when you're reasonably sure the leagues will last.  It's very disappointing to load yourself up for the future and have the league fold.  If these were FFPC they probably last. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Draft is in a week, and I definitely will be making a note of it.  There were 6 offers in my inbox from 6 different owners all trying to move around for the start up draft, so I figured I'd join the 1 other owner in setting my window up in the long haul vs. the short term.  That was one of my motivating factors to doing it.  

I do love that strategy tbh. I've done 2 startups this year and in my favorite I'm sitting on Wentz/Dak/Cousins/McCaffrey/Mixon/Cook/Riddick/Davis/Hill/Ross/Martavis/Doctson/Bryant/Lockett/Samuel/Juju/Howard/6 2018 1's/5 2018 2's.

Could be rough this year but you just never know. And even if it is plenty to like next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jeaton6 said:

I do love that strategy tbh. I've done 2 startups this year and in my favorite I'm sitting on Wentz/Dak/Cousins/McCaffrey/Mixon/Cook/Riddick/Davis/Hill/Ross/Martavis/Doctson/Bryant/Lockett/Samuel/Juju/Howard/6 2018 1's/5 2018 2's.

Could be rough this year but you just never know. And even if it is plenty to like next year.

That's a team that could either rock in a few years or keep you building for a decade.  Love the idea of going for it like that, at the least you should have tradeable commodities.  I'll always remember doing the same but then trading 4 1sts for Tomlinson, back in 2002. Those 1sts didn't amount to much.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

That's a team that could either rock in a few years or keep you building for a decade.  Love the idea of going for it like that, at the least you should have tradeable commodities.  I'll always remember doing the same but then trading 4 1sts for Tomlinson, back in 2002. Those 1sts didn't amount to much.  

Yep totally agreed. I did something similar last year (but not that extreme) and was able to turn my future assets into Zeke/Bell/Cooks/Gurley/Henry/Green/Shepard/White/Perriman this offseason. The team was 3-10 and I've turned 90% of my team over just this offseason (it helps having active trade partners). That team now has Luck/Mariota/Bell/Zeke/Gurley/Coleman/Henry/Green/Hopkins/Cooks/Crowder/Cobb/Meredith/Shepard/White/Perriman/Eifert and still 3 2018 1 and 3 2019 1's.

In a more mature/less active league it's tough to do.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the new trends that seems to be going around is trading back a bunch to load up on 2018 1sts and then drafting the older lesser valued players to contend in the meantime.

I think the guy in the league I've been talking about did a really good job of it.  He has 5 2018 1st round picks and I would say his team is a top contender in the short term in spite of that.  Here's his roster (just the first few guys at each position to save space) alongside his 5 1sts next year.  PPR, TE premium scoring.

QB: Stafford, Big Ben
RB: D Murray, Abdullah, Riddick, Kamara, Forte
WR: Jordy, Baldwin, Sanders, Crowder, DJax
TE: Olsen, Ertz

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading your 5th round pick for a future first in a startup is probably a bad idea, unless you make trades and collect several future firsts.

You not only put yourself at a disadvantage from the start, you also greatly increase the chances that the 1st you got will be late

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Trading your 5th round pick for a future first in a startup is probably a bad idea, unless you make trades and collect several future firsts.

You not only put yourself at a disadvantage from the start, you also greatly increase the chances that the 1st you got will be late

Josh Docston
Laquon Treadwell
Brandon Marshall
Cj Anderson
Spencer Ware
Travis Kelce
Willie Snead
Mark Ingram
Kevin White
John Brown
Devontae Booker

That is last year's 5th round via startup ADP.  There are what, two guys in there (Kelce and Docston) that could still pull a future 1st today?  Kelce is the only 1 of the 12 that has seen his value increase since then.  2 (Docston/Snead) have held relatively steady and experienced only a small drop.  The rest (9 out of 12) have all dropped by 2+ rounds in ADP this year, and statistically you're more likely to pick a guy there who drops by 6+ rounds (4 out of 12) than you are to get a guy who's value holds steady or improves.

None of that is even accounting for the 2nd round pick as well.

I agree in general the more dart throws the better, but people neglect just how major of a dart throw those 5th rounders are.  That's not to say a future pick isn't as well, but the upside is massively higher as is the floor (even if it becomes 1.12 it's not moving anywhere near those major busts like Booker).  And again, that's not accounting for the additional 2nd round dart throw.  I'm not saying it's the right move for everyone, but it can make a lot of sense.  We're talking an 8.3% success rate on the pick last year, and only even a 25% chance of getting someone that holds his value steady.

Tj Yeldon
Arian Foster
Jarvis Landry
Dorial Green-Beckham
Giovanni Bernard
Cam Newton
Michael Floyd
Breshad Perriman
Mark Ingram
Jeremy Maclin
Ameer Abdullah
Brandon Marshall
Alfred Morris

That's 2015.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2017 ADP data has these guys in the 5th round according to fantasyfootballcalculator, none of which I would pay a 1st for except maybe Crowell.  Either way I feel confident in my capability to draft a solid team while missing a 5th.  

Randall Cobb

Derek Carr

Isaiah Crowell

Corey Coleman

Spencer Ware

Kenneth Dixon

Stefon Diggs

Marcus Mariota

Terrelle Pryor

CJ Anderson

Cam Newton

Tyreek Hill

49 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Trading your 5th round pick for a future first in a startup is probably a bad idea, unless you make trades and collect several future firsts.

You not only put yourself at a disadvantage from the start, you also greatly increase the chances that the 1st you got will be late

Working on more trades now to get into '18 as well.  Either way I'm confident in my drafting both in the startup and '18 rookie draft.  Could be my downfall for overconfidence but I like chances like that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zyphros said:

2017 ADP data has these guys in the 5th round according to fantasyfootballcalculator, none of which I would pay a 1st for except maybe Crowell.  Either way I feel confident in my capability to draft a solid team while missing a 5th.  

Randall Cobb

Derek Carr

Isaiah Crowell

Corey Coleman

Spencer Ware

Kenneth Dixon

Stefon Diggs

Marcus Mariota

Terrelle Pryor

CJ Anderson

Cam Newton

Tyreek Hill

Working on more trades now to get into '18 as well.  Either way I'm confident in my drafting both in the startup and '18 rookie draft.  Could be my downfall for overconfidence but I like chances like that.  

Mariota, carr, hill, crow and coleman are all worth 1sts imo. I still agree with your premise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Trading your 5th round pick for a future first in a startup is probably a bad idea, unless you make trades and collect several future firsts.

You not only put yourself at a disadvantage from the start, you also greatly increase the chances that the 1st you got will be late

If done well you also increase the chance that your 1st is very high.  But that would need to be your plan from the start.  The trend bagel mentions is interesting and could work but the two 1sts you now own have a better chance of both being late.  I don't think I'd go that route unless there's too much value in older guys dropping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zyphros said:

2017 ADP data has these guys in the 5th round according to fantasyfootballcalculator, none of which I would pay a 1st for except maybe Crowell.  Either way I feel confident in my capability to draft a solid team while missing a 5th.  

Randall Cobb

Derek Carr

Isaiah Crowell

Corey Coleman

Spencer Ware

Kenneth Dixon

Stefon Diggs

Marcus Mariota

Terrelle Pryor

CJ Anderson

Cam Newton

Tyreek Hill

Working on more trades now to get into '18 as well.  Either way I'm confident in my drafting both in the startup and '18 rookie draft.  Could be my downfall for overconfidence but I like chances like that.  

Who's drafting Dixon in the 5th? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

Who's drafting Dixon in the 5th? 

I would take him around there.  Maybe a little later but not much.

He seemed to have earned the starting running back job last year. 

They didn't draft anyone to compete.

They knew he was getting suspended early and they didn't bring in any of the top free agent backs, even for a visit.

He runs with power and breaks tackles but is also elusive and catches the ball well, so he could be a 3 down back.

He plays the Browns and Colts at home in weeks 15 and 16 this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, people see what they want to see.  Check out these headlines.

Terrance West: Projected starter for Ravens

BAL expected to use 3-headed monster at ...

DANNY WOODHEAD TO LEAD THREE-HEADED MONSTER BACKFIELD IN BALTIMORE?

Ravens | Kenneth Dixon to have big role?

Ravens | Terrance West the Week 1 starter?

All of them cite the exact same two paragraphs from this article by Ryan Mink from BaltimoreRavens.com:

 

Projected Starters

The Ravens could employ a three-headed monster this season. West led the Ravens in rushing attempts (193), yards (774) and touchdowns (five rushing, one receiving) last season. While some of those carries will go to Woodhead, the newly-signed veteran may be used more in the passing game. Woodhead has only topped 100 carries once, and isn't best served as a bell-cow back. Dixon flashed as a rookie and could see a bigger role this year, but that will have to come after a four-game suspension to start the season.

Key Role Players

Taliaferro is being shifted into a fullback/halfback role after Kyle Juszczyk left for San Francisco in free agency. The big-bodied bruiser has experience doing it in college and has the right mindset for the job. If he can stay healthy, he could be a valuable Swiss-Army knife in the backfield. Woodhead will be a chain-moving, mismatch-making dynamo who could line up anywhere in the offense.
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Josh Docston
Laquon Treadwell
Brandon Marshall
Cj Anderson
Spencer Ware
Travis Kelce
Willie Snead
Mark Ingram
Kevin White
John Brown
Devontae Booker

That is last year's 5th round via startup ADP.  There are what, two guys in there (Kelce and Docston) that could still pull a future 1st today?  Kelce is the only 1 of the 12 that has seen his value increase since then.  2 (Docston/Snead) have held relatively steady and experienced only a small drop.  The rest (9 out of 12) have all dropped by 2+ rounds in ADP this year, and statistically you're more likely to pick a guy there who drops by 6+ rounds (4 out of 12) than you are to get a guy who's value holds steady or improves.

None of that is even accounting for the 2nd round pick as well.

I agree in general the more dart throws the better, but people neglect just how major of a dart throw those 5th rounders are.  That's not to say a future pick isn't as well, but the upside is massively higher as is the floor (even if it becomes 1.12 it's not moving anywhere near those major busts like Booker).  And again, that's not accounting for the additional 2nd round dart throw.  I'm not saying it's the right move for everyone, but it can make a lot of sense.  We're talking an 8.3% success rate on the pick last year, and only even a 25% chance of getting someone that holds his value steady.

Tj Yeldon
Arian Foster
Jarvis Landry
Dorial Green-Beckham
Giovanni Bernard
Cam Newton
Michael Floyd
Breshad Perriman
Mark Ingram
Jeremy Maclin
Ameer Abdullah
Brandon Marshall
Alfred Morris

That's 2015.
 

Looking at ADP is a bit of a naive way to view that.  Someone trading their own future 1st for that 5th round pick is likely NOT looking for young upside players with high bust rates.  They will likely be looking at the Brees, Brady, Olsen, Nelson types who are excellent starters with maybe 2-3 years left in them. 

Someone trading their future 1st in a startup is looking at a "win now" team.  At least that's what happens every time I have seen a team deal away their future 1st like that.  So, you are not only getting the future 1st of a "win now" roster, but also giving them another "win now" starter. 

You are also giving them a more valuable piece (since most people value a 5th round player over a future 1st) that they might be able to couple with another pick to move up for a more studly type.

Point is, if you are trading for one future 1st, you are probably not going to get a high future 1st, AND you are hurting your chances for the current season.  Just not a good strategy IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, -OZ- said:

If done well you also increase the chance that your 1st is very high.  But that would need to be your plan from the start.  The trend bagel mentions is interesting and could work but the two 1sts you now own have a better chance of both being late.  I don't think I'd go that route unless there's too much value in older guys dropping. 

If I am trading for future 1sts, it is going to be because I am "tanking" to add a lot of value for the following years.  Has worked very, very well for me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Not to turn it into an AC discussion but, I did the same thing of sub in players on my ranking sheet in that 6th round range and the guys I see possibly available are like Golden Tate, Jordan Matthews like you said, Crabtree, Sanders, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell none of whom are very interesting.  I'll definitely be trying to work that trade now, thanks.  

I'm a big fan of this type of move but ask for a "throwaway" pick back "so I can get a warm body" - something like a 12th rounder.  You might be surprised how early someone will toss you back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had posted before but the owner finally hit accept after backing out. Updated full trade  

12 team PPR.  QRRWWWTFKD

Dez Bryant and Gio Bernard

for 

Michael Thomas and 2018 2nd. (Projected 2.7-2.10)

 

Edited by Gottabesweet
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

I had posted before but the owner finally hit accept after backing out. Updated full trade  

12 team PPR.  QRRWWWTFKD

Dez Bryant and Gio Bernard

for 

Michael Thomas and 2018 2nd. (Projected 2.7-2.10)

 

Value-wise Thomas>Dez and 2nd>Gio.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally want nothing to do with Patriots skill players. Even though I'd probably take Cooks over the 1.6, I'd try and use him to get someone who would be a more consistent scorer.

Their end of year stats might look good but guessing who will be "the guy" for the week can be maddening. BB might just pull names out of a hat and scheme for that guy - hey look! It's Kevin Hogan's turn!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I personally want nothing to do with Patriots skill players. Even though I'd probably take Cooks over the 1.6, I'd try and use him to get someone who would be a more consistent scorer.

Their end of year stats might look good but guessing who will be "the guy" for the week can be maddening. BB might just pull names out of a hat and scheme for that guy - hey look! It's Kevin Hogan's turn!

I think the "consistency" argument is a bit over-rated with Cooks (although I do agree that it's a potential reality). I think the "boom" weeks can win you games and if you have a balanced team you can survive some of the "bust" weeks. I know the Pats will spread the ball around, but all indications are that Cooks is going to be a significant piece of the offense. Sure you'll get some 2 catches for 40 yard games where Hogan blows up - but we're getting a bit over the top in the paranoia that Billy hates our fantasy team.

I can see the argument a bit more when talking Patriot RBs because that part of the game is more game-plan dependent and a 2 point game at the RB position can kill you, and you will be fighting the urge to bench him the next week (and have him blow up) - but if you stick Cooks in your lineup each and every week, I think you come out ahead in the long run.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team DFWC PPR.  Pending your view of these 2 polarizing players will be the reason you side for 1 or the other.  I can see it both ways.

Montgomery

for

Hyde

2018 2nd (projects to be late)

Link to post
Share on other sites

FFPC traded my 6th round start up pick (6.06) 

got

2018 1st and 2nd

A few days before, someone traded their 6.09 (posted this earlier in the thread), so I offered my 6th as a chance to jump this guy.  I also traded my 5th earlier for a 1st and 2nd as well in '18.  From the mocks I've done, it's mostly QB's or lackluster players being taken in that range so I'll gladly take a QB that slips in the 7th or later.  Even if I don't get an elite QB this year, I have a chance to grab one of them in the '18 rookie draft who are suppose to be great prospects.  Same with my RB situation which I'm expecting to be rather poor.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dez said:

12 team DFWC PPR.  Pending your view of these 2 polarizing players will be the reason you side for 1 or the other.  I can see it both ways.

Montgomery

for

Hyde

2018 2nd (projects to be late)

Hyde generally has a little more value straight up.  I prefer hyde, so I'd definitely take that side along with the pick.  Could definitely go either way in the end though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC traded my 6th round start up pick (6.06) 

got

2018 1st and 2nd

A few days before, someone traded their 6.09 (posted this earlier in the thread), so I offered my 6th as a chance to jump this guy.  I also traded my 5th earlier for a 1st and 2nd as well in '18.  From the mocks I've done, it's mostly QB's or lackluster players being taken in that range so I'll gladly take a QB that slips in the 7th or later.  Even if I don't get an elite QB this year, I have a chance to grab one of them in the '18 rookie draft who are suppose to be great prospects.  Same with my RB situation which I'm expecting to be rather poor.  

In my FFPC league I ended up with Moncrief and K Benjamin in the 5th and 6th.  I'd much rather have gotten two 1sts and 2nds out of the picks looking back now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dez said:

12 team DFWC PPR.  Pending your view of these 2 polarizing players will be the reason you side for 1 or the other.  I can see it both ways.

Montgomery

for

Hyde

2018 2nd (projects to be late)

I think the pick is on the wrong side.  But I'm delusional enough to think Hyde will be a high rb2. Not real big on monty.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC traded my 6th round start up pick (6.06) 

got

2018 1st and 2nd

A few days before, someone traded their 6.09 (posted this earlier in the thread), so I offered my 6th as a chance to jump this guy.  I also traded my 5th earlier for a 1st and 2nd as well in '18.  From the mocks I've done, it's mostly QB's or lackluster players being taken in that range so I'll gladly take a QB that slips in the 7th or later.  Even if I don't get an elite QB this year, I have a chance to grab one of them in the '18 rookie draft who are suppose to be great prospects.  Same with my RB situation which I'm expecting to be rather poor.  

I did a similar trade two years ago in my FFPC startup but you did better than me. I gave a mid 5th, can't remember the exact pick, for what was a 2016 first and second. I got blasted for the trade by people I know who are not in the league and people in the league who proceeded to offer me 8th round startup picks for a future first and tell this was fair but I was to dumb to know better.  I don't even recall who I was looking at drafting, I had pick 6.1 coming up and pre-draft designated that pick for Eifert ,who I did select at that spot,  but don't recall who I was looking at in the 5th but nothing that got my juices going, likely would have just ended up grabbing Eifert earlier than anticipated and then figuring out what to do at 6.1 later.

As for those two picks I was dumb enough to give up a mid 5th round startup to get.  I ended up using one to draft Michael Thomas and later traded the second round pick for Randal Cobb and ETA Cobb went in the first round of the startup.

Edited by menobrown
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...