What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

I'm not even a Matthews believer, but who exactly do you think is going to be available at 1.8 in this class to make this an overpay? The 2.1 isn't worth much and the 3.12 is a throw in. Seems like a big drop off after the 1.4, then another one after 1.6. 
I got Matthews this offseason for David Cobb 2.9 and 2.10. Say you want about this draft class but you can move those picks for next year picks or players if you want, they go up in value until draft time. I think there are about 14 or 15 guys with some potential myself but like I said even if you are down on this class, not everyone is you can move those picks for players or future picks later

I think the top of this class is a bit worse as Treadwell and Elliot aren't Gurley and Cooper but I'd argue the rest of this class is going to be at least what last years was, really nobody did anything other than Gurley and Cooper last year, yes some got hurt and some have potential to rebound but I think how bad this class is generally overblown. 

I got Matthews this offseason for David Cobb 2.9 and 2.10. Say you want about this draft class but you can move those picks for next year picks or players if you want, they go up in value until draft time. I think there are about 14 or 15 guys with some potential myself but like I said even if you are down on this class, not everyone is you can move those picks for players or future picks later

I think the top of this class is a bit worse as Treadwell and Elliot aren't Gurley and Cooper but I'd argue the rest of this class is going to be at least what last years was, really nobody did anything other than Gurley and Cooper last year, yes some got hurt and some have potential to rebound but I think how bad this class is generally overblown. 
I think that's a very simplistic view. Just because you got Matthews for free doesn't mean any other deal paying more than that gave up too much. Your deal was the outlier. 

I think that's a very simplistic view. Just because you got Matthews for free doesn't mean any other deal paying more than that gave up too much. Your deal was the outlier. 
just my opinion, Matthews isn't a special talent at least I don't think any more so than the wrs will go around 8 in this draft. Matthews for 1.8 is probably fair to me which makes the last 2 picks gravy. Again just one opinion

Wasn't a huge fan of this class and needed the 3rd wr more then I needed the 1.8 and 2.1 pick. Figured id draft a bust or bench warmer with those picks anyway lol. I liked how Mathews ended the year as well. Ive done 4 dynasty drafts so far this year and haven't seen Mathews make it out of round 3 yet, while the 1.8 pick was picked 4 or so rounds later so in terms of value I think I did ok. I figured Mathews was about the equivalent as the 1.3 rookie pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't a huge fan of this class and needed the 3rd wr more then I needed the 1.8 and 2.1 pick. Figured id draft a bust or bench warmer with those picks anyway lol. I liked how Mathews ended the year as well. Ive done 4 dynasty drafts so far this year and haven't seen Mathews make it out of round 3 yet, while the 1.8 pick was picked 4 or so rounds later so in terms of value I think I did ok. I figured Mathews was about the equivalent as the 1.3 rookie pick.
makes sense appears I'm lower on matthews than the majority. I think he is in a spot to produce this year but I don't find him all that talented

Just completed

12 team TE-Premium PPR, QB, 1-2 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-2 TE, IDPs

Sent Lesean Mccoy

Received 1.12

Sitting on Dion Lewis, David Johnson, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Ameer Abdullah, Spencer Ware.

Just completed

12 team TE-Premium PPR, QB, 1-2 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-2 TE, IDPs

Sent Lesean Mccoy

Received 1.12

Sitting on Dion Lewis, David Johnson, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Ameer Abdullah, Spencer Ware.
Didn't realize mccoys value was so low? just seems like yesterday he was the 1.2 pick in startup dynasty drafts lol. That's

probably why I hate RB's almost as much as kickers in dynasty leagues.....

Didn't realize mccoys value was so low? just seems like yesterday he was the 1.2 pick in startup dynasty drafts lol
I think I sold a little short, but there were a couple things going on, I was valuing him as a mid first - but this was the only interest I had gotten for him and I need to clear some roster space.

Just completed these two in same league. 12 team 0.5 PPR with 3 point bonus over 40 yard plays

Gave: 1.2, 1.10, Marquess Wilson

Got: Dez, 4.5, 5.5

Gave: 2.1, 2016 2 (late)

Got: Tate, 2016 3 (early)

12 team dynasty PPR

Team A gets Randall Cobb, pick 3.7

Team B gets Tyler Lockett, pick 1.10

12 team dynasty PPR TE bonus

Team C gets Michael Floyd, pick 2.2, pick 3.8, 17 3rd rounder

Team D gets Carlos Hyde, Willie Snead

Team E gets Dion Lewis

Team F gets Ruben Randle, 2 2017 2nd round picks

Aunt Jemima said:
I got Matthews this offseason for David Cobb 2.9 and 2.10.
That doesn't make the other offer an overpay, it just means that your trade partner settled for pennies to move a young WR that's been pretty productive during his first two seasons in the league.

12 team dynasty PPR

Team E gets Dion Lewis

cobb, floyd, lewis

Just completed these two in same league. 12 team 0.5 PPR with 3 point bonus over 40 yard plays

Gave: 1.2, 1.10, Marquess Wilson

Got: Dez, 4.5, 5.5

Gave: 2.1, 2016 2 (late)

Got: Tate, 2016 3 (early)
ugh...seems draft picks are king in this league

Dez and Tate pretty easily for me

12 team dynasty PPR

Team E gets Dion Lewis

Pretty even deal but I would roll with Cobb

Floyd

Good time to stack 2017 picks.  I will take that side

I'm not even a Matthews believer, but who exactly do you think is going to be available at 1.8 in this class to make this an overpay? The 2.1 isn't worth much and the 3.12 is a throw in. Seems like a big drop off after the 1.4, then another one after 1.6. 

Regarding the Matthews trade.  I think what you paid was more accurate for his current market value than what Aunt Jemima paid but I think what Aunt Jemima paid is going to be more reflective of his actual worth next season and going forward, meaning to say I think he's going to drop. 

But I still can't get behind this notion  that sitting here in February with the draft not even having took place that you can state with any degree of confidence of that a big drop off is coming after 1.4 and again at 1.6 and that player 13 is not worth much. While I do think the reports of this draft being weak are not overblown but very accurate,  I can easily list 13 player who have a legit shot and like Aunt Jemima even if you don't have 13 players you like you have plenty of time to find someone who does before declaring the pick is not worth much. But that being said I would again state that based on what I believe to be Matthews current value in the dynasty community you did not overpay, I just don't so much agree with the reasoning behind it or agree with dynasty community in terms of his current value.

FFPC

Team A gives

Lamar Miller, Demariyus Thomas, 2017 1st

Team B gives

Devonta Freeman, TY Hilton, 6.12, 7.9, and 2017 2nd
I'd take the DT/Miller  side but if the picks were removed and just looking at player for player I like the Freeman/Hilton side, but the 2017#1 moves me.

Gave McCoy/DeSean

Got J Matthews/Forsett

12-team PPR...Shady was my RB3/4, Jackson my WR3; see it as an upgrade, happy with the move 
McCoy >> Forsett.

DJax might be ahead of JMatthews, but Matthews has youth on his side.

Not terrible, but I'll take the McCoy/DeSean side on this one.

Well, they're trying to test my will now.

12 team PPR, offered the 1.03 + 2.10 pick for Gordon / Unfortunately, that didn't even test the will of my taint.

Here's an absolute Gem: 12 team 0.5 PPR. The team dealing his future first earned 1.1 this year. Unfortunately for him a few weeks before last years rookie draft he dealt it away in another absolute head scratcher (his 2015 1 for rookie picks 2.11 and 3.11). When do these types of owners learn their lesson?

gave up:Cruz, Victor NYG WRHunter, Justin TEN WRJohnson, Charles MIN WRYear 2016 Draft Pick 1.09 gave up:Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.01Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from They Might Be Giants

Not involved

16tm TE prem PPR 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1-2DL 2-3LB 1-2DB (Tackle heavy scoring)

Team A gave up Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR; Matthews, Rishard MIA WR; Harvin, Percy BUF WR; Year 2017 Round 4 Draft Pick
Team B gave up Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.01; Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.08; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick; Royal, Eddie CHI WR; Casey, Jurrell TEN DE; McPhee, Pernell CHI LB

Team A barely missed the playoffs last year, Team B made the playoffs and earned the 1.11

Here's an absolute Gem: 12 team 0.5 PPR. The team dealing his future first earned 1.1 this year. Unfortunately for him a few weeks before last years rookie draft he dealt it away in another absolute head scratcher (his 2015 1 for rookie picks 2.11 and 3.11). When do these types of owners learn their lesson?

gave up:Cruz, Victor NYG WRHunter, Justin TEN WRJohnson, Charles MIN WRYear 2016 Draft Pick 1.09 gave up:Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.01Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from They Might Be Giants
the one is going to leave a mark.

I think this is a HORRIBLE trade, unless the guy is just jack stacked at WR. Just makes no sense to me.
A lot of missing information to know one way or the other. Ghostguy already touched on one issue which was not knowing prediction of that 2017 #1 and other issue is with FFPC cuts due yesterday the roster makeup the ex-John Brown owner and who trading Brown enabled him to keep instead of cut.

Another John Brown trade

ffpc

John Brown

for

J Graham

Owner that traded Brown is deep at wr and needs a TE...in win now mode..

Owner trading JG is starting a rebuild

A lot of missing information to know one way or the other. Ghostguy already touched on one issue which was not knowing prediction of that 2017 #1 and other issue is with FFPC cuts due yesterday the roster makeup the ex-John Brown owner and who trading Brown enabled him to keep instead of cut.
I traded John Brown. I have picks 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10 , 1.12 in the 2016 draft.  This was my 2nd 2017 acquired. Plan to acquire at least 1-2 more for 2017 1.01 lottery. 

The move was made to create roster room.

Team I acquired the 2017 1st from is fairly good, probably a playoff team, but very thin. Probably as good of a chance of 1.01 as 1.12, especially if he has a RB injury.  Only 3 RBs rostered, 2 of which are Rashad Jennings and Jonathan Stewart.

I traded John Brown. I have picks 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10 , 1.12 in the 2016 draft.  This was my 2nd 2017 acquired. Plan to acquire at least 1-2 more for 2017 1.01 lottery. 

Team I acquired the 2017 1st from is fairly good, probably a playoff team, but very thin. Probably as good of a chance of 1.01 as 1.12, especially if he has a RB injury.  Only 3 RBs rostered, 2 of which are Rashad Jennings and Jonathan Stewart.
I don't hate the John Brown deal at all but I have never been quite as high on Brown as some.

I think it is a great way to get ahead of the game in '17 draft and guys will be selling organs to get draft picks

Another trade, same league as the Brown/Graham trade

Dez

for

1.01 and Kevin White

Team trading Dez is the same rebuilding team that traded JG

Team getting Dez was one stud wr (Dez) from being a major contender 

I like John Brown but probably like the gamble you took to get that 2017#1.

Unless they have other moves up their sleeve I don't like the trade as is for the new Brown owner. If they are a good team and 2 of their 3 RB's are Jennings and J-Stew I got to figure they have plenty of options to fill the max 5 weekly spots in their lineup that could be used between the WR and TE positions assuming you were using both to fill the flex spots.  If John Brown is not a guy I perceive as a need or weekly lineup staple and I'm thin at RB I'm not moving my 2017#1 for him.

On a somewhat related note I've never seen so many teams in FFPC cut down to 2 RB's. In one strange league I'm in 3 teams cut down to 2 RB's and 11 out of the 12 teams carried 2 QB's, I'm the one holdout. I've seen a few teams undertake the strategy the team did that acquired John Brown, meaning they were deep at WR and weak at RB and traded away valuable RB assets or draft picks  to get better at WR. I'm sure some of you agree with this strategy because it's more popular than I've ever seen but I'm not such a big fan. I know WR's have longevity on their side and a few studs can make a dynasty team for years but at some point when you have 3-4 stud WR's and you are using assets to pick up your  6th good one while you  trot out sorry RB's or TE's you are taking the zero-RB theory to extremes. It's actually pushed me so far against the grain I've drafted a few teams I'd classify as zero-WR.

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr league

Traded away: Nick Foles

Got: Justin Hardy

Basically I was a huge fan of Hardy last year and I'm still good at QB.  Foles was going to be a drop.

14 Team PPR Salary Cap ($140) and Contract League (max 3 years)
Start 1-2 Qb, 1-2 RB, 1-2 WR, 1-2 TE IDP

Gave - Demarco Murray $3 - 1 yr contract 

Got - Gio Bernard $13 - 3 yr contract

I like John Brown but probably like the gamble you took to get that 2017#1.

Unless they have other moves up their sleeve I don't like the trade as is for the new Brown owner. If they are a good team and 2 of their 3 RB's are Jennings and J-Stew I got to figure they have plenty of options to fill the max 5 weekly spots in their lineup that could be used between the WR and TE positions assuming you were using both to fill the flex spots.  If John Brown is not a guy I perceive as a need or weekly lineup staple and I'm thin at RB I'm not moving my 2017#1 for him.

On a somewhat related note I've never seen so many teams in FFPC cut down to 2 RB's. In one strange league I'm in 3 teams cut down to 2 RB's and 11 out of the 12 teams carried 2 QB's, I'm the one holdout. I've seen a few teams undertake the strategy the team did that acquired John Brown, meaning they were deep at WR and weak at RB and traded away valuable RB assets or draft picks  to get better at WR. I'm sure some of you agree with this strategy because it's more popular than I've ever seen but I'm not such a big fan. I know WR's have longevity on their side and a few studs can make a dynasty team for years but at some point when you have 3-4 stud WR's and you are using assets to pick up your  6th good one while you  trot out sorry RB's or TE's you are taking the zero-RB theory to extremes. It's actually pushed me so far against the grain I've drafted a few teams I'd classify as zero-WR.
His team is 

R Wilson

D Martin, J Stewart, R Jennings

D Hopkins, M Evans, L Fitzgerald, AJ Green, M Crabtree, Markus Wheaton, Justin Hardy

Julius Thomas, J Cameron 

strong at WR, but if Doug Martin ends up in a fantasy wasteland or timeshare could be a good pick for me. 

He doesn't have a pick higher than the 3.10 in 2016 and all of his 2nd-7th for '17.

Users who are viewing this thread