What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

Non-ppr. 12 team.  

Gave Bell. 

Got Gurley. 

Got 2 years younger and reduced the knucklehead factor. 

Sitch said:
And you also got worse, lol I'd need at least a mid 1st with Gurley to move Bell for him
Don't think anyone would add a 1st to Gurley for Bell but I do prefer Bell straight up

Last edited by a moderator:
Mid to late 1st IMO.  I mean I wouldn't swap Bell straight up for him..
Yet Gurley is out scoring Bell by almost 4ppg in my league's scoring. 

And removing the knucklehead factor from my team is worth something as well. 

And a tiny factor of now I don't have a bye week for my RB1 since Gurley was off last week and Bell is off this. 

I thought it was a very close call straight up but to get 2 years younger and dump a guy who just held out and has been suspended (is his next offense a year?) was worth it to me. Beside, I have Bell in my other dynasty league, so it's fun to diversify a bit on what I considered a coin flip. 

And a tiny factor of now I don't have a bye week for my RB1 since Gurley was off last week and Bell is off this. 

I thought it was a very close call straight up but to get 2 years younger and dump a guy who just held out and has been suspended (is his next offense a year?) was worth it to me. Beside, I have Bell in my other dynasty league, so it's fun to diversify a bit on what I considered a coin flip. 
I mean if it helps you win this year then it was worth it.  I just personally would not swap them straight up

I agree.

Plus, and I really hate to say this for the old knock on wood factor, but underrated part of Gurley game has been his durability. Since his activation in week 3 of his rookie season he has only missed the worthless season finale his rookie season.

But the age and suspension risk are factors and as you pointed out Gurley is outscoring Bell. Plus the other major factor is the Rams OL is still not great and will continue to improve as will the offense as a whole, this should benefit Gurley.  Then you have Bell's contract situation. Unless he agrees to multi year deal, and I highly doubt it based on his contract demands and already refusing what the Steelers offered, you get a repeat next year of this year. Meaning holdout until last few weeks, if not potentially longer. Unless he agrees to a long term deal this off-season he won't be a Steeler in 2019.

I own both of these players, would have to consider Bell my favorite player in the league, but I would not trade Gurley for him.

curious how this wouldve been judged pre season

Hard not to go with Hopkins in almost any scenario right now though

Terrible then and horrible now.

I would have gone with horrible and horribler but sure.
I'd have done this deal on most teams before the season, meaning give Davis for Hopkins and the #2. If I had a team that in win now mode and I really needed a WR now maybe not, but in a vacuum I'd have valued Davis over Hopkins.

Now Hopkins is having a huge season so now it would terrible because you'd be losing value.

I do not think it will look terrible by the end of this season. I think Davis will prove to be the better player. Mariotta not playing at a Watson level and that matters, but I think Davis will prove to be the better player in this deal.

So I don't think it was a horrible trade when it was done, and while it may look horrible today I don't think it will for much longer.

His next offense is 4 games, but he's probably out of the Program this spring so that clock will start all over for him.

I'd have done this deal on most teams before the season, meaning give Davis for Hopkins and the #2. If I had a team that in win now mode and I really needed a WR now maybe not, but in a vacuum I'd have valued Davis over Hopkins.

Now Hopkins is having a huge season so now it would terrible because you'd be losing value.

I do not think it will look terrible by the end of this season. I think Davis will prove to be the better player. Mariotta not playing at a Watson level and that matters, but I think Davis will prove to be the better player in this deal.

So I don't think it was a horrible trade when it was done, and while it may look horrible today I don't think it will for much longer.
I think you are mis-interpreting the incredulity.  Davis (and a 2nd, you got that on the wrong side) for Hopkins in pre-season would have been a terrible trade by all accounts.  Now it's just laughable.

Even if you believed more in Davis in pre-season, his market value was far below Hopkins' and that a 2nd wasn't nearly enough to close that gap.

12 tm idp ppr

Gave: Gronk, Aaron Jones

Got: 2018 1st (should be top 3), 2018 3rd (early/mid)

Still have Kelce, Brate and Bennett but with OBJ going down despite still probably making the playoffs, doubtful i'll be in the title race. He is a contender but owned a current 1-7 teams 1st.

I think you are mis-interpreting the incredulity.  Davis (and a 2nd, you got that on the wrong side) for Hopkins in pre-season would have been a terrible trade by all accounts.  Now it's just laughable.

Even if you believed more in Davis in pre-season, his market value was far below Hopkins' and that a 2nd wasn't nearly enough to close that gap.
I'm clear on this discussion I just don't agree.

I don't care about MFL ADP but I know in leagues I scanned Davis was going in same range as Hopkins in startups. Usually both in round 2, sometimes one over the other but same range.

Even in redraft Hopkins value had tumbled a great deal and was sliding more as preseason went. In early July/August drafts in that FPC contest he was going late second/early third. By about a week from the season had dropped a solid round and was in the late 3/early 4 range.

Hopkins was not very good last season and no one saw the Watson show coming, at least not like this not this fast.

So I'm clear, I just disagree that Hopkins value was higher before the season.

Now it's looks laughable but then a lot of people see things as they are, we'll see but I don't think this will look laughable much longer.

12 tm idp ppr

Still have Kelce, Brate and Bennett but with OBJ going down despite still probably making the playoffs, doubtful i'll be in the title race. He is a contender but owned a current 1-7 teams 1st.
Wow, think your opponent made out like a bandit here. 

12 tm idp ppr

I would rather have gronk and Jones.

Dallas Cowboys gave up Stafford, Matthew DET QB; Year 2018 Round 6 Draft Pick from Dallas Cowboys

Los Angeles Chargers gave up Buckner, DeForest SFO DT; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Los Angeles Chargers

12 tm idp ppr

I like it for you, makes perfect sense. If it's pick 3 I like it, if it's pick 1.1 it's a huge win for you.

12 tm idp ppr

I think it's solid for both parties.  If it ends up being the 1.01, you win by a bit.  Otherwise, he does.  I like Barkly and Guice enough to make this move if I'm not a contender.  

12 tm idp ppr

That 1st has to be Barkley or I like the other side by a lot. 

Obviously value was on the Hopkins side even preseason but "Terrible" is excessive. Hopkins was going late 1st/early 2nd in startups and Davis was late 2nd/early 3rd. With the pick added in DLF trade chart has that at 190 vs 175. 

Obviously now yes, it is beyond terrible. 

Obviously value was on the Hopkins side even preseason but "Terrible" is excessive. Hopkins was going late 1st/early 2nd in startups and Davis was late 2nd/early 3rd. With the pick added in DLF trade chart has that at 190 vs 175. 

Obviously now yes, it is beyond terrible. 
My Hopkins for the 1.01 offer was rejected right before the draft.  I'd have taken Fournette, but the pick ended up being Davis.  I think plenty of owners had them on the same tier.

Dynasty - PPR

A Thielen, J McKinnon (Will Contend in playoffs, albeit weak on RB's)

or

M Williams, A Jeffrey (Prob not in contention)

10-team PPR Best Ball league 

Team A trades 2018 2nd rounder (Early 2nd) for Jimmy G

Team A then turns around and trades Golden Tate for 2018 2nd (Mid-late)

So, he basically traded Golden Tate for Jimmy G while downgrading draft picks.  We start one QB and up to 4 WR.  

12 tm PPR 3WR

Gave: Newton/Collins

Received: Alex Smith/Treadwell

Contending in win now with only Newton and Mccown left after Rodgers went down. Wire is bare and no one else wants Collins. I'm just happy to be done with Newton. 

10 team 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr

Traded away Paul Richardson, Higbee

Got

Trubisky

QB's are basically Matt Ryan and Dak only since Tannehill went down and might be out of a job soon.  

I don't get it, you have away the best player on each end of the trade. 
In a vacuum, maybe. I'm loaded at RB and contending this year. I can't expose myself to the liability that is Newton/CAR; he can hang 45 fantasy points on the 85 bears from my bench, then next week net 13 against Temple at home when I finally start him.

I'll flip Treadwell to a rebuilder and happily start Smith in the playoffs; OAK/SD/MIA. FWIW, I was benching Newton for Mccown this week anyway. He is woefully unreliable in even the best plus matchup. 

Steel Curtainrod said:
In a vacuum, maybe. I'm loaded at RB and contending this year. I can't expose myself to the liability that is Newton/CAR; he can hang 45 fantasy points on the 85 bears from my bench, then next week net 13 against Temple at home when I finally start him.

I'll flip Treadwell to a rebuilder and happily start Smith in the playoffs; OAK/SD/MIA. FWIW, I was benching Newton for Mccown this week anyway. He is woefully unreliable in even the best plus matchup. 
That is fine, but you shouldn't have had to add Collins. Newton for Smith should have done it. 

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Traded away Alex Collins

got

Charles Clay, 2018 2nd (2.07-2.10)

My TE's are trash so I could use the upgrade

Matt's Eagles said:
Team B is making the playoff push.... Team A is playing for next year.
I think people that are commenting are saying team B did very little to help them with that playoff push in relation to the tremendous value they gave in return.

FFPC trade between contending and rebuild team:

Team A receives:  L. Bell/McKinnon
Team B receives:  David Johnson/Shepard/2018 1st (belongs to team in 7th place so could be anywhere)

16 team PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex. 

Traded: 2018 2nd, 2019 3rd, Adam Humphries

Received: Jerick McKinnon

Both picks are mid. My team is contending. His is middle of the road, would need a miracle to make the playoffs. RBs are now McCoy, Abdullah, McKinnon, Ellington, and Darkwa. 

FFPC trade between contending and rebuild team:

Team A receives:  L. Bell/McKinnon
Team B receives:  David Johnson/Shepard/2018 1st (belongs to team in 7th place so could be anywhere)
Even if DJ was not hurt I'd rate Bell over him for dynasty but just for a minute let's assume they are equal when all healthy.

I still don't think the Bell owner got enough back. I'm all for buying injured players on discounts, but while Shep and #1 are more than McKinnon the two best pieces of this trade this season are Bell and McKinnon. I don't think they got enough back to allow someone to have services of these two for ROS. Not sure if pick 7 belonged to team who got Bell but if it is and they are currently the 7th seed I think that changes with Bell/McKinnon addition. And I'd not write McKinnon of in terms of having future value, he's shown enough to make where he lands in FA interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread