What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Not worried about DJ at all, it was his hand, right?   The age difference is what separates them, obviously
I have DJ in my main league, traded for him after the injury. I agree that he'll be back. I'm just a little skeptical about the team. Now if Shurmur signs and brings keenum, I'm less concerned. But if I had the depth there to do it, I'd give DJ and two similar players for Gurley. (I really don't have the depth right now and we have a large lineup)

Shurmur, keenum, Fitz, James Washington... Could work.
Shurmur would be a great start, but I don't see MIN letting Keenum go nor ARI wanting to pay the price needed to get him.  Regardess, that's a lot that has to go right first.  DJ has a lot of risk right now.  It's a good time to buy if the price is right because he's got Gurley-type ceiling but I'm not yet ready to say DJ is going to be the DJ we saw in 2016.

David Johnson was extremely valuable because of the touches he got and the offensive design.   I'm worried about the coaching and qb changes, but also with Arians gone, we don't know how things will look, and a down year would really hurt his value. 

I'd love to buy at a deflated price but I don't think it has deflated enough and I don't think it will.  

I actually like Shurmur for DJ more than Arians. DJ gets a ton of his production in the passing game and Shurmur has a lot more history of using his RB's in the passing game more than Arians. Ellington got Arians to adjust a little and DJ even more but  I think DJ is the only RB under Arians who ever got to 50 catches a season. Mewelde Moore and Ellington only other two to crack 40.

So when DJ was out catching 80 passes in 2016 I think that was due to him, not the coaching, and I think if Shurmur is his coach he'll actually be used more in that role.

Zealots Field (PPR)

Traded: 2018 2.02/5.12/6.12

Received:  Patrick Mahomes and 2019 2nd round pick

I'm already pretty well set at QB (Brady/Brissett/Cousins/Garoppolo/Tannehill) but this was a pretty easy "accept" for me.  The other owner finished with the 2nd worst record this year and his roster is pretty bleak.

This trade was offered to me.

Zealots Field (PPR)

Traded: 2018 2.02/5.12/6.12

Received:  Patrick Mahomes and 2019 2nd round pick

I'm already pretty well set at QB (Brady/Brissett/Cousins/Garoppolo/Tannehill) but this was a pretty easy "accept" for me.  The other owner finished with the 2nd worst record this year and his roster is pretty bleak.

This trade was offered to me.
Mahomes

I actually like Shurmur for DJ more than Arians. DJ gets a ton of his production in the passing game and Shurmur has a lot more history of using his RB's in the passing game more than Arians. Ellington got Arians to adjust a little and DJ even more but  I think DJ is the only RB under Arians who ever got to 50 catches a season. Mewelde Moore and Ellington only other two to crack 40.

So when DJ was out catching 80 passes in 2016 I think that was due to him, not the coaching, and I think if Shurmur is his coach he'll actually be used more in that role.
I'm not sure I agree with this. DJ's usage in 2016 was about as optimal as it gets. Arians was on record saying he wanted DJ to get 1000 rushing and 1000 receiving, and they tried pretty hard to get him that.

I'm not sure what the bolded means.

I'm not sure I agree with this. DJ's usage in 2016 was about as optimal as it gets. Arians was on record saying he wanted DJ to get 1000 rushing and 1000 receiving, and they tried pretty hard to get him that.

I'm not sure what the bolded means.
 Arians never used his RB's in the passing game very often until he had DJ. I don't think his performance is related to Arians. Arians held him back most of his rookie season, took two injuries for DJ to break out that year. As clear as I can put this, I don't think Arians had much to do with DJ's success.

Arians never used his RB's in the passing game very often until he had DJ. I don't think his performance is related to Arians. Arians held him back most of his rookie season, took two injuries for DJ to break out that year. As clear as I can put this, I don't think Arians had much to do with DJ's success.
I think DJ will be successful with almost any coach - he's that good. So, I would agree that DJ's success wasn't "because" of Arians.

But, I don't think he could be used any more or any better than Arians used him (probably 1000/1000 season if he doesn't get hurt that last game, and 15 straight 100 YFS games), so I do think Arians usage of him led to his great fantasy numbers. 

14 team Qrwwftkd. Non ppr. 6 pts all tds, minus 3 all turnovers. 

Trade 1

Team a gets Roethlisberger

Team b gets 2019 first (protected late). Condition - if Ben retires before the season team b gets a second round pick instead 

Trade 2

Team a gets Sammy Watkins

Team b gets 2019 first (protected random, but had 1.1 this year) 

Trade 3

Team a gets Jamaal Williams, Dede Westbrook

Team b gets 2018 2.6 (pick 20), 2018 4.3 (pick 45), 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd.

14 team Qrwwftkd. Non ppr. 6 pts all tds, minus 3 all turnovers. 

Trade 1

Team a gets Roethlisberger

Team b gets 2019 first (protected late). Condition - if Ben retires before the season team b gets a second round pick instead 

Trade 2

Team a gets Sammy Watkins

Team b gets 2019 first (protected random, but had 1.1 this year) 

Trade 3

Team a gets Jamaal Williams, Dede Westbrook

Team b gets 2018 2.6 (pick 20), 2018 4.3 (pick 45), 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd.
Love the idea of protected picks, very NBA like. Is this something that you all agree on as a gentleman's type agreement? I can't see who league software could support this, otherwise would have suggested it to FFPC and other leagues a long time ago.

Love the idea of protected picks, very NBA like. Is this something that you all agree on as a gentleman's type agreement? I can't see who league software could support this, otherwise would have suggested it to FFPC and other leagues a long time ago.
Commissioner enforces the conditions.  We've had some interesting ones - someone traded a conditional first for Jordan reed based on number of games played, someone traded for Russell Wilson as a rookie based on total fantasy points (that trade worked out really well), we frequently get trades for the better (or worse) of two first round picks. It's a great league. 

Menobrown - I think there is a potential misunderstanding with the word "protected" used in 2 of the 3 Trades described. I really think if you use the word projected and not "protected", then the wording makes more sense in describing what sort of first round pick could be expected in the 2019 draft.

Menobrown - I think there is a potential misunderstanding with the word "protected" used in 2 of the 3 Trades described. I really think if you use the word projected and not "protected", then the wording makes more sense in describing what sort of first round pick could be expected in the 2019 draft.
He means the conditionals.  Like "if Big Ben retires, it's a 2nd not a 1st" clauses.

Hankmoody - I agree that conditional = conditional, and is league/commissioner enforced. However, protected does not mean the same as projected, and Menobrown did state he "loves the idea of protected picks, very NBA like". :)

Last edited by a moderator:
msudaisy26 - I agree it is a monster haul for the 1.01 pick especially motivated for who will undoubtedly be the #1 pick here in 2018.

But how would you "feel" if say the 1.07 pick wasn't in this deal, or if say one of the players involved wasn't part of the player portion of the package?

Hankmoody - I agree that conditional = conditional, and is league/commissioner enforced. However, protected does mean the same as projected, and Menobrown did state he "loves the idea of protected picks, very NBA like". :)
I meant protected which is same terminology used in the NBA which is why I used that comp. 

Hank & Meno - Well, I learned something today, that I was not aware of in any major sports league and/or any fantasy version of that same sport. Thank you very much for being able to teach an old dog, a new trick on this MLK holiday. I hope, at least I hope, I will never forget what I learned today. (Please check back in a few months to see if I can indeed remember what you were so kind to unveil to yours truly today :thumbup: .)

menobrown said:
Good haul, fair trade but on just about every team of mine I own I'd take the 1.1.
I agree.  Julio was essentially a WR2 all year outside of one game, has an injury history and is approaching 30.  Kupp and Hyde are solid pieces that every team needs but are not difference makers.  People see the 1.07 and think Hunt or Kamara but more often than not that pick won’t produce a difference maker either.  

Elite performers make all the difference in fantasy and if you think like I do that Barkley will be one then this is the kind of trade you make 

Aunt Jemima said:
FFPC

Derrick Henry, 3.01, 3.03, 2019 2nd (prob late, never know)

for

I like Henry but that's pretty close. We hope a new coach makes Henry a top back but we don't know that yet. Kind of like the pick.

steelers1080 said:

for

1.07, Julio Jones, Carlos Hyde, Cooper Kupp
I am still probably one of the bigger fans of Hyde on these boards, kupp looked really good too, and Julio is Julio. I'm not surprised it took this kind of haul to trade the pick. I honestly don't know if I'd give the 1 for the package. Though I did just trade Hunt and Cooks for it.

Users who are viewing this thread