What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

I just keep wondering what team A’s reasoning is- who is rostering latimer at this point? Bourne is an end of roster flyer at best, enunwa could be a nice stash but isn’t moving the needle in a trade this big. Picks 57 and 77 aren’t even rosterable guys. In a 20 team League I can understand how valuable studs are but even quality starters are difference makers. 
Yeah, this is the rare "anti-rookie fever" type of deal.

I'm probably in the minority where I would take Bell over the 1.01 but certainly not at the expense of Diggs and Derrick Henry. I'll ignore the garbage on the other side (I like Enunwa a bit but he's coming off a bad neck injury and his role in the offense is unclear going forward), so this is basically three first round picks for Bell where one of them is the hottest prospect in years. Pretty crazy deal.  

Yeah, this is the rare "anti-rookie fever" type of deal.

I'm probably in the minority where I would take Bell over the 1.01 but certainly not at the expense of Diggs and Derrick Henry. I'll ignore the garbage on the other side (I like Enunwa a bit but he's coming off a bad neck injury and his role in the offense is unclear going forward), so this is basically three first round picks for Bell where one of them is the hottest prospect in years. Pretty crazy deal.  
I can see wanting Bell over Barkley. Same tier though I think along with David Johnson. Kind of a youth vs production thing whereas Zeke and Gurley have both.

Saw this one happen in my FFPC league the other day.  Not involved

Gio, 3.09, 2019 1st (probably late, had the #7 this year)

for

D. Henry

Doesn't really seem out of line given the FFPC format and 2018's draft slot indicate a competitive owner(s) desire to change the cross-section of his franchise's assets. I would characterize it as 2019 1st plus Gio for D. Henry. And if I had to choose, it would depend on the present state of my team's roster - especially the existing RBs I owned.

So, without knowing the RBs involved on both sides other than the two you mentioned , I would call this a "coin toss" at the start of the 2018 season.

for

D. Henry
Here is my fear with this deal...there is a lot to like about Henry but he is not a definite as far as studs go...if I am going to deal a future #1 I want a more secure player or have it be a situation mid-season that can possibly put me over the top...think about this scenario...Henry is solid but nothing special and this team gets the injury bug and that picks goes in the top 3...lot of downside to it and I am not really sure Henry is worth that gamble...

Last edited by a moderator:

for

D. Henry
Not a Henry guy but in last few weeks I think I saw him go for pick 4 in an FFPC league and just last week someone got a whopping haul of 1.4, 2.3 and 2019#1 projected top 4.

I think it's a good time to move Henry but I don't think this return was nearly enough. I like Gio, he's a little undervalued, but you got to better than best asset you get back is a projected late future first.

16t PPR qrwwtffdddddd

Team A received:

Dalvin Cook, 2019 1st, 2x 2019 2nds, 2020 2nd

Team B received:

Odell Beckham Jr, Carlos Hyde, Leonte Caroo

Arodin said:
Unless, of course, the pick is owned by the Cleveland Browns.

They do play fantasy football, right?
If they do play fantasy football, they will finally take a qb at #1. I mean in the fantasy draft, you know, when you shouldn’t take s qb at 1. 

Thoughts on this offer curious if anyone would have accepted

get: 1.1 and 1.12 rookie picks

give: Freeman and D. Adams

i am all in on the Barkley fever but Adams is too good a piece at that price to include right? 

i am all in on the Barkley fever but Adams is too good a piece at that price to include right? 
As someone who traded the 1.01 for what I think is a decent package, you should wait it out if you have the 1.01. Price isn’t going down between now and he draft. If you were the one going after the 1.01 then you better make it happen now if barkley is your man. I’m not having regrets per se, but if he is some sort of cross between a bigger Marshall Faulk and Barry Sanders I’ll likely be regretting it down the road. 

If you want the 1.1 when there is a big time talent you need to overpay...no reason for the owner who has that pick to settle for anything other than an overpay...that is a very nice return but let's remember that as much as Adams looks ready to really breakout he has played 4 years and only has 1 with over 900 yards (and none over a 1,000...the 22 TDs the past 2 years is very solid) and the Freeman owner is probably down on him after last year's subpar season...if Barkley becomes a Gurleyesque player I am sure the Owner giving up Adams and Freeman will have zero regrets...

Hank is 100% right, but it's an interesting question so I'll answer it in the other thread.

Don't forget that Adams had multiple concussions this year.  He could be one hit away from not playing again.  I think I make that deal for the 1.01 without a second thought.

FFPC league

Gave: 2.10, 2019 #3 projected late

Got: Mahomes

QB's in FFPC are as devalued as they get in a dynasty leagues, especially this time of year, but Dak was my only QB on an otherwise deep team and his production at end of the season cost this team big time.  First time ever in an FFPC league I made a trade for a second keeper QB before the cut deadline, which is March 31. I had mulled over waiting till that date, but wanted to wrap it up.

FFPC league

QB's in FFPC are as devalued as they get in a dynasty leagues, especially this time of year, but Dak was my only QB on an otherwise deep team and his production at end of the season cost this team big time.  First time ever in an FFPC league I made a trade for a second keeper QB before the cut deadline, which is March 31. I had mulled over waiting till that date, but wanted to wrap it up.
I would pay that pretty easily for Mahomes.  Rookie QB's will go before that in most drafts (not familiar with FFPC history though) so to get a guy that's stepping into an Andy Reid offense with those established weapons and a year under his belt is an easy call for me. 

FFPC league

menobrown: I think that your decision to further strengthen your already deep team is an excellent decision on your part, and is an equitable trade for both sides. Waiting for another 2 months might have either cost you more - or even might have resulted in not adding this targeted QB to your roster. His talents & situation is a step or two (and a year or two as well) ahead of any of this year's rookie QB candidates. GL.

Not involved - 32 teams (2 conferences of 16) PPR 2RB starters required

Team A gave: Bell

Team B gave: 1.1, 2.13

Team A won the league. Team B is in a major rebuild.

In a vacuum, I don't mind it.  But I don't understand why one makes that deal in a rebuild.
Have to agree with Concept Coop, especially with no info about Team B's existing roster and what his overall rebuild plan will accomplish by making this trade.

Have to agree with Concept Coop, especially with no info about Team B's existing roster and what his overall rebuild plan will accomplish by making this trade.
Team B's roster includes: Ryan, Bell (post trade), Watkins, Decker, Maclin, Olsen w/ picks 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 2.01 (pick 18), 2.12, 2.16. 

Had to correct my OP. It was the 2.13, not 1.13.

Team B's roster includes: Ryan, Bell (post trade), Watkins, Decker, Maclin, Olsen w/ picks 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 2.01 (pick 18), 2.12, 2.16. 

Had to correct my OP. It was the 2.13, not 1.13.
This actually makes his trade look worse to me for him. He's not rebuilding so much as he is building a team because other than those picks his only player of tangible value before this deal was Watkins.

This is exactly the kind of team that should have got one of those major multi piece hauls out of pick 1 and if not gone with the younger RB who won't be out of gas by the time this team is ready, though I suspect this team may never "be ready".

"In a vacuum" is a phrase that shouldn't be associated with evaluation of a trade especially like this one, but it is very appropriate with nothing but (PPR) provided.

Anybody who posts they have a preference for one side or another, is probably being understandably influenced by his own individual situation(s) and probably are not comparable for the most part to the environment that this trade took place in.

And FWIW,  I went to one of the many existing trade value calculator sites out there for owners, and I checked out the trade value for each player involved while having the 2017 final fantasy point total produced by each player, and also assorted personal data - and was quite surprised by what I was looking. So much so that I was really left scratching my head when I went back and looked at which players were where in this completed swap transaction.

And I have deliberately omitted posting any of my quantitative and/or qualitative observations, so as not to corrupt anyone's initial/personal opinion on this posted trade since none have as yet been documented herein. I am definitely looking forward to the dialogue which will ensue after some opinions are indeed posted. Have an enjoyable SB LII, one and all. :thumbup:

14 team PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex. TE premium, all TDs 6 points

Team A received: Carlos Hyde

Team B received: Lamar Miller and 2019 2nd likely mid

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Lamar Miller

Got: 2019 1 (Guy was champ but somewhat fraudulent, has no depth and could easily miss the playoffs unless entire team stays healthy again this year).

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Lamar Miller

Got: 2019 1 (Guy was champ but somewhat fraudulent, has no depth and could easily miss the playoffs unless entire team stays healthy again this year).
Not really too much of a gamble based upon what is going on down in Houston. While Miller could make some contribution this season in Houston, a 2019 1st rounder is a nice asset to add to your quiver.

14 team PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex. TE premium, all TDs 6 points

Team A received: Carlos Hyde

Team B received: Lamar Miller and 2019 2nd likely mid
Hyde (4 yrs a pro in San Fran) appears to have a higher upside than Miller (6 yrs a pro in MIA & HOU), but Hyde's 2018 location is up in the air - so Team A is probably the owner rolling the dice from a second look at facts for both players. Team B is receiving a 2019 2nd could prove to turn out to be the better long term part of this deal.

Conclusion: Hyde is maybe a difference maker short term for Team A, versus a broader window for Team B with the two assets he received in return. Roster info might have thrown additional light on the motivation for one or both owners involved here. Mikel2014 did not indicated if he was one of the owners involved here, but the wording does not allow the reader to know if he was or was not. Let's see if he's willing to divulge either way.

PPR league. Performance scoring. Start 1 QB,  2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 Kicker, and 1 Defense.

Team A: Traded Quincy Enuwa and Jake Butt 

Team B: Traded Julian Edleman.
I love this trade...very solid move getting Edelman for low-end assets...he could really be a solid contributor for the next 2 years or so in a league that starts a lot of players...the only good thing about his injury is how early it happened...probably guarantees he will be ready for 2018...he is such an animal I picture him being like a caged bull next year...youth is the foundation of a good dynasty team but not everyone on your roster has to be young if you want to win it...got to take advantage when other owners are willing to deal veterans at cut-rate prices...

12 Team PPR:

New Team to league (Team A) Gave: Amari, 1.4, Vance

Team B: Gave 1.1, Jesse James

PPR league. Performance scoring. Start 1 QB,  2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 Kicker, and 1 Defense.

Team A: Traded Quincy Enuwa and Jake Butt 

Team B: Traded Julian Edleman.

I love this trade...very solid move getting Edelman for low-end assets...he could really be a solid contributor for the next 2 years or so in a league that starts a lot of players...the only good thing about his injury is how early it happened...probably guarantees he will be ready for 2018...he is such an animal I picture him being like a caged bull next year...youth is the foundation of a good dynasty team but not everyone on your roster has to be young if you want to win it...got to take advantage when other owners are willing to deal veterans at cut-rate prices...
Seems like 3 buy low players to me and probably win-win. I like Enunwa in this format, PPR and the large starting lineup means players like Enunwa, solid performers when healthy although unlikely to be top 24 guys (although in ppr he may very well be a good wr2 if the Jets get a QB) actually hold value. 

I like butt, I cannot lie. Maybe not TE1 upside just yet, but as a flex or backup. 

Like you said about Edelman, he can come back and be really good again, though I think his best days are behind him, he's more likely to be a wr2.

12 Team PPR:

New Team to league (Team A) Gave: Amari, 1.4, Vance

Team B: Gave 1.1, Jesse James
Gotta like the new team going after his target. Seems fair imo, perhaps a bit lighter than we've seen Barkley go before but Cooper plus, say Michel, seems decent 

I wonder how many people are going to jump off a bridge if the Browns take Barkely. 
Not many...decent offensive line, could be peppered with dump off targets in the passing game. Whoever takes him is gonna make him their bell cow back and Barkley isn't a guy that's gonna be out of the game if their losing because he is a very good pass catcher

With Haley on board I’m really starting to warm up to Cleveland as a destination. The combo of Crowell and Duke had 2100 total yards. 
Fair point. For all the issues on that team, the run game has been average. Barkley can make it really good. This isn't Zeke goes to Dallas but it's hardly a death sentence. 

On the one hand with Haley on board the Browns are a lot more palateable of a destination. If they add Cousins to that it might be a downright enticing spot. 

On the other hand I literally don't think there's been a single player other than Keller Winslow on the Browns to have multiple top 12 seasons at their position in the last 20-30 years. And while I know the personnel has changed and the color of the uniform you wear has no bearing on performance, it's kind of an absurd stat. They're always getting the top perceived draft talent but they never turn into consistent fantasy options. 

Users who are viewing this thread