What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

Don't value proven too much given the peculiarities of the position in fantasy. I think we probably agree to some extent just hung up on the example and any hope for Carr. I don't mind game managers taking a while to develop but I don't necessarily see that narrative in Carr's career.
I think we're closer on Carr than we are Jimmy (and Mahomes).  But fair enough.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we're closer on Carr than we are Jimmy (and Mahomes).  But fair enough.  
Maybe. I'm not going around offering 1sts for Garoppolo but I think he has a high floor and decent elite potential. I think giving 1.10 for Garoppolo has potential to work out great especially given this year's draft. Mahomes is complete boom/bust but willing to gamble. Worst case is Bortles not Manziel especially now that Smith is traded.

Ben & Jerry's said:
Curious who you are targeting @ 1.10 ? Is this an IDP league ? Did you consider dealing Brady instead ?

It seems sorta like a trade just for the sake of trading. Would rather see Jimmy G bring back some type of quantified asset rather than a dart throw.

edited to add: For me Bridgewater has little chance at ever being fantasy relevent.
Why should a guy who started 5-6 games to end the year bring back the 1.10, let alone more? To me, I’d sell for any 2 and buy only for a 3. Fools gold.

I don’t see this deal as particularly close.  Gurley side easily for me 
Wentz is possibly the top QB in dynasty. Fournette IMO is a top 10, which makes it close. I'd take Gurley because QB isn't hard to find in 12 team leagues but it's fairly close.

Do you expect him to repeat? I sure don't.
I think he could have a strong WR2 type season, sure. He's shown flashes before and is in his prime WR years.

Also I edited to add this: and in a start 3WR league a strong WR3 would theoretically be worth the same as a QB1.

12 Tm PPR - QRRWWWTF - 4 pt passing TDs

A got: Gurley, M. Jones

B got: Fournette, Wentz
I'm a Fournette owner. I like the Gurley side assuming A still has a good QB to start. This trade made me make an offer to the Gurley owner. I doubt he accepts, but I had to try.

I think he could have a strong WR2 type season, sure. He's shown flashes before and is in his prime WR years.

Also I edited to add this: and is a start 3WR league a strong WR3 would theoretically be worth the same as a strong QB1.
Maybe a wr2 I can see. 

We could debate wr3 vs qb1, but there's no chance I'd trade Wentz or a couple other QBs for Jones or any other player I see as a dynasty wr3.

Maybe a wr2 I can see. 

We could debate wr3 cc'd qb1, but there's no chance I'd trade Wentz or a couple other QBs for Jones or any other player I see as a dynasty wr3.
I wouldn't either - and it's why I used "theoretically". I guess I just agreed with @Snorkelson that he doesn't really deserved to not even be mentioned in the analysis at all.

-OZ- said:
Fair enough. But I'll always include a guy like him in a deal if it gets me Gurley.
he was on the Gurley side - which makes it even more lopsided to that side imo (and frankly I'm not even a huge Jones fan).

Wentz > Jones (but QBs are very replaceable so it's closer to even)

Gurley >> Fournette

Do you expect him to repeat? I sure don't.
Why not? Nothing has changed, afaik. Patricia is bringing JBC back as the OC. Marvin did that damage on just 107 targets. Plus, he's pretty good at jump balls: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915001/article/stefon-diggs-marvin-jones-among-top-10-tightwindow-receivers

I think the trust he's earned from Stafford will continue to pay off. If they can get the running game going, it'll open things up even more for downfield passing. If Jones gets a mere 120 targets, he could do much better than just repeating last year.

FTR, I'm the new Gurley owner.  Wentz is my dynasty QB1, Bradford is my only other QB, and I still saw Marvin Jones as free in this deal. In a 12 Tm, 4pt passing league, no QB bridges the gap between a top 3 player and a top 15 player for me.

As for Jones - I like him.  He's a low end WR2, but you need him in your WR3 spot to feel good about it.  I am not expecting a repeat of last season, but will be happy with top 25 numbers, which feels like a pretty safe projection.

It's a fun time to need a QB.  I'll find something.

FTR, I'm the new Gurley owner.  Wentz is my dynasty QB1, Bradford is my only other QB, and I still saw Marvin Jones as free in this deal. In a 12 Tm, 4pt passing league, no QB bridges the gap between a top 3 player and a top 15 player for me.

As for Jones - I like him.  He's a low end WR2, but you need him in your WR3 spot to feel good about it.  I am not expecting a repeat of last season, but will be happy with top 25 numbers, which feels like a pretty safe projection.

It's a fun time to need a QB.  I'll find something.
Thanks for providing a nice conclusion to the most recent dialogue posted herein. I think that you know what you're doing, and can handle the challenge of finding a replacement for Wentz - lots of options on the horizon which will become more clear as the weeks go forward. GL in your quest. :thumbup:

Wentz is possibly the top QB in dynasty. Fournette IMO is a top 10, which makes it close. I'd take Gurley because QB isn't hard to find in 12 team leagues but it's fairly close.
I personally think there is a rather large gap between Gurley and Fournette.  Wentz for Jones is pretty close in a 12 team 4 pt passing TD league so it’s the Gurley side for me easily.  

12 team, 0.5PPR, start 1/2/2/1 and a flex.

I give: Chris Carson, 1.10, 3.05

I get: Dede Westbrook, 1.08, 2019 3rd

12 Team PPR

team A got

Dez Bryant, L Miller d Foreman, 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th (late)

Team B got

Lesean McCoy, Sammy Watkins

14 team IDP with Superfex and 2 pts PPR for TE

A gets Alshon Jeffrey, Zay Jones, Raekwon McMillian, 1.2 in very diluted draft(Chark, White, Ian Thomas, Scales best options)

B gets Hunter Henry, Donte Moncrief, Zach Cunningham 

14 team IDP with Superfex and 2 pts PPR for TE

A gets Alshon Jeffrey, Zay Jones, Raekwon McMillian, 1.2 in very diluted draft(Chark, White, Ian Thomas, Scales best options)

B gets Hunter Henry, Donte Moncrief, Zach Cunningham 
I think Alshon>Henry, but it's close. The rest seems like a wash. But I'm higher on Cunningham than he showed this year.

10-team Best Ball - Start 1 QB - Not involved

Cam Newton + Curtis Samuel 

for 

Case Keenum + 2019 1st + 2019 2nd (picks likely mid-late)

Team getting Keenum and picks is in total rebuild.  

Users who are viewing this thread