What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Just made my first trade of the offseason  :pickle:

gave: Adams and 1.6

got: 1.1 and 2.5

12 team PPR DYNASTY 
I've got the 1.06 in one of my leagues. I wouldn't think I could package it with a Adams-level WR for the 1.01. Do you mind if I ask who made the initial offer?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the 1.06 in one of my leagues. I wouldn't think I could package it with a Adams-level WR for the 1.01. Do you mind if I ask who made the initial offer?
I offered 1.04 and Diggs in a 10team PPR and got an instant no. 

This boy committed robbery. 

14 team IDP with Superfex and 2 pts PPR for TE

A gets Alshon Jeffrey, Zay Jones, Raekwon McMillian, 1.2 in very diluted draft(Chark, White, Ian Thomas, Scales best options)

B gets Hunter Henry, Donte Moncrief, Zach Cunningham 
That's a big TE premium, give me Henry

That offer was probably his 4th or 5th to me, I sent several as well, we then agreed upon this one. 

12 Team PPR (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLX, FLX, TE, D/ST)

Gave: Cooper Kupp

Received: 1.12 Rookie Pick

I’d take Kupp. He was a late second round pick last year and showed he can play. I think I’d hang on to him and see what he develops into. It could be something pretty good.

I think this is a steal to get Kupp...a real heist...the kid just posted 62-869-5 #'s as a rookie...that is an excellent rookie year for any rookie WR regardless of where they were drafted...now add in the fact he is on an offense with what appears to be an offensive Guru as the HC and a QB that was a #1 pick...could he be in a better situation?  I am real high on Kupp and think he has a chance to be a WR that puts up big numbers for an extended period of time like Welker did with the Pats...I really don't see what an Owner thinks he is going to get at 1.12 that he already doesn't have with Kupp...

The longevity of what we hope Beckham's career will be is what makes this a steal.  Plus the pick upgrade?  Easy choice if you take bias out of it.  The only reason it's viewed close is because Gurley just put up a monster season and Beckham was out.  
Agreed. Assuming receiver isn't totally devalued in your league.  There's a fair chance you can replace Gurley with Jones or Michel (not saying they're equal, just for your lineup) but you weren't getting a receiver I like nearly as much at the 9.

The longevity of what we hope Beckham's career will be is what makes this a steal.  Plus the pick upgrade?  Easy choice if you take bias out of it.  The only reason it's viewed close is because Gurley just put up a monster season and Beckham was out.  
Hyperbole? Gurley is 23 years old. I will take Gurley's 20-25 PPG over Beckham with a new QB eventually. When requirements are start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, I'll take the ability to start Gurley and trust I will get a nice player at 9. 

Just made this trade in FFPC: His Beckham, 1.05, and 2019 2nd for Gurley and 1.09.

Beckham side. Have him and Gurley same tier so gimme the pick upgrade.

Agreed. Assuming receiver isn't totally devalued in your league.  There's a fair chance you can replace Gurley with Jones or Michel (not saying they're equal, just for your lineup) but you weren't getting a receiver I like nearly as much at the 9.

Hyperbole? Gurley is 23 years old. I will take Gurley's 20-25 PPG over Beckham with a new QB eventually. When requirements are start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, I'll take the ability to start Gurley and trust I will get a nice player at 9. 

I appreciate the solid opinions, gentlemen (I assume?).  As a lifelong Rams fan, this was a tough deal to make.  I've got Kamara, McCoy, Cohen and with picks 1.03, 1.05, and 1.07 can re-stock in a deep RB draft.  As with most trades, only time will tell if I completely screwed up...

1.12 easily. Just don't see Kupp winning titles in a starting lineup. 
You don't see how a receiver who finished as the 25th best receiver, as a rookie, might help win a championship as a flex? 

Difference of opinion I guess but I'd bet on kupp to make a difference over the 1.12.

That's a fair point. I'm so used to starting more WR than RB that I sometimes overlook that aspect.

You don't see how a receiver who finished as the 25th best receiver, as a rookie, might help win a championship as a flex? 

Difference of opinion I guess but I'd bet on kupp to make a difference over the 1.12.
I don’t see Kupp continuing to improve. Falling back when he has more competition for targets.

I view late rookie picks trying to get the next JuJu or Hunt, could also be the next James Hardy but I like playing that game. 

Probably a little bit of an exaggeration sure, I expect a very questionable guy at 9 so the pick upgrade makes this deal for me.  You can still get one of Barkley, Guice, RoJo, Chubb, Michel, Ridley at 5 which, at least to me, is the tier drop, and getting a Tier2 player at 9 isn't too encouraging.  Both Beckham and Gurley are studs so I don't view that too far apart.  It's a little bit of recency bias in regards to these 2 which makes me think after 2018 their values will even out or reflect their true value.  Gurley is inflated and OBJ is deflated right now, at least a little.  I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for taking the Gurley side if they prefer to build on RB's rather than WR's. 

I appreciate the solid opinions, gentlemen (I assume?).  As a lifelong Rams fan, this was a tough deal to make.  I've got Kamara, McCoy, Cohen and with picks 1.03, 1.05, and 1.07 can re-stock in a deep RB draft.  As with most trades, only time will tell if I completely screwed up...
Thought it was an even trade but in light of your RB situation and picks it looks like a good move for your team.

I don’t see Kupp continuing to improve. Falling back when he has more competition for targets.

I view late rookie picks trying to get the next JuJu or Hunt, could also be the next James Hardy but I like playing that game. 
I think that's the break between us. I'm not necessarily calling kupp a top 12, but he seems a pretty safe low wr2 or strong wr3 in ppr.  Whether that's worth more than a lottery ticket to get the next Hunt or juju is simply a matter of philosophy. I built my best Dynasty team by acquiring players I like, similar to kupp, for late 1sts, although that's a larger league which makes a difference. 

Two from my main league:

Team A gets Will Fuller

Team B gets random '19 1st

and

Team C gets Evan Engram, random '19 2nd

Team D gets Dion Lewis, Jimmy Graham

12 team PPR

Team A Gets  MATTHEW STAFFORD, JARVIS LANDRY,  MARK INGRAM

Team B Gets  ANDREW LUCK, Leonard Fournette Josh Doctson, 

who got the better end it

I think Stafford Landry Ingram 

12 team PPR

I'm hesitant to say this but is that Luck for free?  Even if you are pessimistic about his return that seems like the side by a wide margin no?  Ingram in his last year with Saints most likely, also almost 29, Landry is a nice piece to have but that seems mitigated by getting Fournette and a guy who was not long ago the #1 overall QB.  Maybe I'm overestimating the QB's here since I only play 2QB but give me Fournette/Luck/Doctson easily.  

I'm hesitant to say this but is that Luck for free?  Even if you are pessimistic about his return that seems like the side by a wide margin no?  Ingram in his last year with Saints most likely, also almost 29, Landry is a nice piece to have but that seems mitigated by getting Fournette and a guy who was not long ago the #1 overall QB.  Maybe I'm overestimating the QB's here since I only play 2QB but give me Fournette/Luck/Doctson easily.  
Yep I agree, looks like fair value for Fournette even without Luck.

12 team PPR

Not sure I'd even do Fournette alone for those three, much less with Luck and Doctson thrown in.

As others have said, it is "fair market value" for Fournette, but those other two roster spaces have stand-alone value even without good players occupying them.  

Only reason to consider trading a single star for lesser pieces is if you are in a full rebuild, in which case Ingram and Landry wouldn't be preferred targets for me, and Fournette is a pretty good rebuild piece to hold.

I think the Luck/Fournette owner panicked at offseason injury reports and sold low.

Users who are viewing this thread