What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

14 team TE Premium with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 flex and 1 TE

Gave: LeSean McCoy, Devin Funchess, and 2.04 (18th)

Received: Travis Kelce, Jerick McKinnon, and ‘20 2nd

My team is currently a borderline competitor that is set up well for the future (generally young core, 1.03, 4 quality 19 firsts, and 2 20 1sts). In TE premium I felt Kelce and McKinnon made a worthwhile package as McCoy’s value fades. Other team had both Kelce and Ertz but no RB1 and little WR depth. 

Here it is in all its glory. 12-team PPR. Start 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex

Brees, Drew NOS QB340.665

Prescott, Dak DAL QB340.666

Trubisky, Mitchell CHI QB (R)178.529

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB133.407

Charles, Jamaal DEN RB71.505

Forte, Matt NYJ RB (I)122.4011

Ivory, Chris JAC RB91.808

Riddick, Theo DET RB152.107

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB129.7011

Amendola, Danny NEP WR136.909

Austin, Tavon LAR WR51.908

Beasley, Cole DAL WR87.406

Benjamin, Travis LAC WR120.709

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR257.448

Kearse, Jermaine NYJ WR171.0011

Clay, Charles BUF TE114.806

Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE (D)75.208

Witten, Jason DAL TE144.006

Crosby, Mason GBP PK80.008

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK119.0011

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def121.005

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def
his team is an interesting mix of older, veteran players and....garbage. 

14 team TE Premium with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 flex and 1 TE

Gave: LeSean McCoy, Devin Funchess, and 2.04 (18th)

Received: Travis Kelce, Jerick McKinnon, and ‘20 2nd

My team is currently a borderline competitor that is set up well for the future (generally young core, 1.03, 4 quality 19 firsts, and 2 20 1sts). In TE premium I felt Kelce and McKinnon made a worthwhile package as McCoy’s value fades. Other team had both Kelce and Ertz but no RB1 and little WR depth. 
Kelce side in a normal league.

Kelce side in a LANDSLIDE in tight end premium.

I agree with you. This trade was a lot harder for me to pull the trigger on than people in my league seem to think. DJ is an absolute stud, and if he would have played this year, I suspect a lot of people wouldn't make that trade. Everyone forgets just how good he really was last year.
The trade is fine for you, or would have been fine for you to just keep DJ.

On the other hand, it was a bad trade for the other guy.  

If I ever happen to have a horrific roster like his I am spending 2-3 years doing nothing but trading all my picks for more/better future picks and not winning a single game until 2020 at the earliest.

wow thats bad
For what side?  Landry isn't a sexy player to own I get that but he's as consistent as you can probably get.  He's the best WR2 that you could probably get and a not so terrible WR1 in dire circumstances.  I'm assuming PPR but I could be wrong here which makes it pretty close to me.  If it's not PPR then I'll take Garoppolo rather easily.  Garoppolo hasn't done much but I understand the optimism surrounding him.  The whole QB landscape is in turmoil right now, good luck figuring out which ones will have staying power in the top10.  

For what side?  Landry isn't a sexy player to own I get that but he's as consistent as you can probably get.  He's the best WR2 that you could probably get and a not so terrible WR1 in dire circumstances.  I'm assuming PPR but I could be wrong here which makes it pretty close to me.  If it's not PPR then I'll take Garoppolo rather easily.  Garoppolo hasn't done much but I understand the optimism surrounding him.  The whole QB landscape is in turmoil right now, good luck figuring out which ones will have staying power in the top10.  
Agree in that this is a trade that probably makes sense for both teams based on their rosters...if you are thin at QB I think getting Jimmy G could look like a real shrewd move in the very near future...things are lining up for him to have a nice run of fantasy success...as for Landry he is what he is...a quality fantasy WR...he can be a little frustrating to those with high expectations but he is still only 25 and if you can slot him correctly in your roster he can be a real nice asset...

Last edited by a moderator:
Garoppolo is 26 and this is a superflex. He's playing under the coach that created a ridiculous career year for Matt Ryan. I know he's kind of an unknown but he was drafted in the 2nd round by the Pats and looked good in a small sample size last year (not unlike Watson who is getting the benefit of the doubt). I'd snap accept but then again, I'm not that optimistic about Landry's workload continuing. He's a tough, gritty player who can play an important role, but if you're giving him 160 targets, you're doing something wrong.

But the key here is superflex. Young-ish QBs with a clear path to starting for a few years (dat contract) should carry a lot of value. 

I agree with most of this, but the "lot of miles" comment is misleading. DJ has only played 2 years, one as a full-time starter. He really doesn't have many miles on him at all at this point.
Do your miles reset from college to the pro's?

50 games in college, 1007 offensive touches, add 550 offensive touches in the NFL while missing essentially all of this year, thats a fair amount

This is a pretty out there point.  If Barkley hits no one in any real league is sitting him on their bench.  That person is getting kicked out of the league.  It's not a real point.

League rules are different everywhere, I agree its in poor taste, but its less egregious to do this with a rookie

You're kind of making my point here.  What does he do with DJ?  Play him and try to win a championship.  His team looks like garbage but so did a team that was rolling out Alex Smith, Marvin Jones, Adam Thielen, Dion Lewis, Duke Johnson, and Mark Ingram last year and whoops, that's probably a championship roster right there especially if you add an elite RB like DJ to it.

You are grasping at straws here, comparing the roster above to the roster in question

And like I said, he's a 26/27 year old RB.  He's not 32.  He doesn't have just one year to turn it around.  A lot of the time those valuable pieces in FF don't come from the obvious sources.  I'm not saying any of this is likely, but let's stop treating dynasty like if you don't have a top team you should be punting any player that won't be around 10 years from now.  Here's what the team that just won my league championshp with 1-loss and the most points scored in league history (15 year league) looked like 3 years ago:

QB: Rodgers, Foles
RB: Frank Gore, Shonne Green, Branden Oliver, Knile Davis, Bryce Brown, Jerick McKinnon, Marcus Lattimore
WR: Josh Gordon (susp), Michael Crabtree (SF bust version), Willie Snead, Sammie Coates
TE: Larry Donnell

Did this guy punt the 1.01 and the 2.01 too? I doubt it. 3 years of top 3 picks will help any team.

Again I'm not saying any of this is likely, and again I'm still well on the Barkley side here, but let's stop pretending like someone not deciding that a rebuild entails 5 years of tanking is this terrible league wrecking move.

I guess you're talking to someone else here, I dont remember making that argument

Garoppolo is 26 and this is a superflex. He's playing under the coach that created a ridiculous career year for Matt Ryan. I know he's kind of an unknown but he was drafted in the 2nd round by the Pats and looked good in a small sample size last year (not unlike Watson who is getting the benefit of the doubt). I'd snap accept but then again, I'm not that optimistic about Landry's workload continuing. He's a tough, gritty player who can play an important role, but if you're giving him 160 targets, you're doing something wrong.

But the key here is superflex. Young-ish QBs with a clear path to starting for a few years (dat contract) should carry a lot of value. 
Now that I see this is a super-flex I would be all in on Jimmy G...didn't read that correctly the first time...

All my leagues are 2QB so I'm very familiar with that type of format.  I just feel Landry is yearly underappreciated.  His last 3 years he hasn't finished below the top15 WR's, and I think people are using his tag as an excuse to be lower on him than people already were.  He isn't a high brand name in that he carries value when he hasn't proven it (ex. Sammy Watkins), he's the reverse of that where year in and out he out performs the majority of guys but doesn't get the value bump for that.  

It's a super flex.  JG by a lot

All my leagues are 2QB so I'm very familiar with that type of format.  I just feel Landry is yearly underappreciated.  His last 3 years he hasn't finished below the top15 WR's, and I think people are using his tag as an excuse to be lower on him than people already were.  He isn't a high brand name in that he carries value when he hasn't proven it (ex. Sammy Watkins), he's the reverse of that where year in and out he out performs the majority of guys but doesn't get the value bump for that.  
JG has to be at least double, maybe triple, Landry in a superflex.

JG probably outscores Landry by 100 points.  Unless this is some sort of really weird scoring system.  

To me it just feels like it has to come to an end soon. Kind of like Trent Richardson. At some point teams will realize throwing 160 targets to a guy who gets 9-10 YPR and averages like 1 TD per 25 receptions is just not a winning solution, just like teams realized letting Trent get 3 ypc was not a winning solution. A team is best served letting him run block and catching check down passes over the middle, maybe 100ish targets. He just not as electric as Tate or as big of a target as Fitzgerald. There's a reason Fitzgerald usually has more yards, TDs, and first downs than Landry on similar catches and why Tate has more YAC despite substantially fewer catches. Landry is a good player, but he shouldn't be a target hog.

To me it just feels like it has to come to an end soon. Kind of like Trent Richardson. At some point teams will realize throwing 160 targets to a guy who gets 9-10 YPR and averages like 1 TD per 25 receptions is just not a winning solution, just like teams realized letting Trent get 3 ypc was not a winning solution. A team is best served letting him run block and catching check down passes over the middle, maybe 100ish targets. He just not as electric as Tate or as big of a target as Fitzgerald. There's a reason Fitzgerald usually has more yards, TDs, and first downs than Landry on similar catches and why Tate has more YAC despite substantially fewer catches. Landry is a good player, but he shouldn't be a target hog.
The Patriots won Super Bowls getting 9-10 yards a pop from the slot.  I don't understand what you have against slot utilization.  It's trending up, so you might want to get used to it.  And Landry is absolutely as electric as Tate.  He's a RB with the ball in his hands.  Speed is not the only measure of explosion.  

You've been beating the anti-Landry drum for years, and he just keeps putting up points and proving you wrong.  You said it was system and Tanny last year.  He's now done it in 2 different systems with 2 different coaches and 3+ different QBs.  Every. Single. Season. Eventually you have to confront your initial stance instead of doubling down at each step, right?

The Patriots won Super Bowls getting 9-10 yards a pop from the slot.  I don't understand what you have against slot utilization.  It's trending up, so you might want to get used to it.  And Landry is absolutely as electric as Tate.  He's a RB with the ball in his hands.  Speed is not the measure of explosion.  

You've been beating the anti-Landry drum for years, and he just keeps putting up points and proving you wrong.  You said it was system and Tanny last year.  He's now done it in 2 different systems with 2 different coaches and 3+ different QBs.  Eventually you have to confront your initial stance instead of doubling down at each step, right?
Oh crap... you saw my post. I was genuinely hoping I could slide that in without you noticing! I think Tate had 20% more YAC on 20% fewer receptions, so I strongly disagree that Landry is as electric as Tate.

I think it is no coincidence that Miami's best year in the past 3 years was when Landry received the least targets. I don't think giving that guy 160 targets is how you win games. But at the same time, I don't think having Parker as your WR1 is how you win games, either.

The Patriots run a different offense than Miami, and generally speaking the Patroits are the exception to most rules. If replicating what they do was so easy and successful, other teams would be doing it.

Here it is in all its glory. 12-team PPR. Start 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex

Brees, Drew NOS QB340.665

Prescott, Dak DAL QB340.666

Trubisky, Mitchell CHI QB (R)178.529

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB133.407

Charles, Jamaal DEN RB71.505

Forte, Matt NYJ RB (I)122.4011

Ivory, Chris JAC RB91.808

Riddick, Theo DET RB152.107

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB129.7011

Amendola, Danny NEP WR136.909

Austin, Tavon LAR WR51.908

Beasley, Cole DAL WR87.406

Benjamin, Travis LAC WR120.709

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR257.448

Kearse, Jermaine NYJ WR171.0011

Clay, Charles BUF TE114.806

Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE (D)75.208

Witten, Jason DAL TE144.006

Crosby, Mason GBP PK80.008

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK119.0011

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def121.005

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def
That is quite possibly the worst dynasty team i've ever seen.  close to zero value on that team.  Trading 1.01 for DJ is beyond bizarre since he alone can't help that train wreck of a team.

Do your miles reset from college to the pro's?

50 games in college, 1007 offensive touches, add 550 offensive touches in the NFL while missing essentially all of this year, thats a fair amount
Not really. He played at Northern Iowa. The hits he took there are nothing at all like NFL hits. Those miles are like sitting in first class of a luxury jet.

Not really. He played at Northern Iowa. The hits he took there are nothing at all like NFL hits. Those miles are like sitting in first class of a luxury jet.
You obviously felt you were getting a player with similar or more upside in the deal, if not, you would still have DJ. So, something in the details made you lean one way and im pretty sure it wasnt him adding the 2.01...

DJ and pick 1 are basically the same value when you have a great team.

DJ and pick 1 are pretty close in value (with pick 1 being more valuable) when you have an average team.

Pick 1 is much more valuable than DJ when you have the worst dynasty team ever assembled.  That team is 3 years away from a chance at competing even if a GOOD owner took control and that good owner had experience with major rebuilds in the past.  That team might only have a chance to ever compete if future picks two years away are allowed to be traded so that he can get some value for his QBs at least.

DJ and pick 1 are pretty close in value (with pick 1 being more valuable) when you have an average team.

Pick 1 is much more valuable than DJ when you have the worst dynasty team ever assembled.  That team is 3 years away from a chance at competing even if a GOOD owner took control and that good owner had experience with major rebuilds in the past.  That team might only have a chance to ever compete if future picks two years away are allowed to be traded so that he can get some value for his QBs at least.
He's got dak, he can trade brees and trubisky for receiver help. 

He's got dj, who was worth more than 2 rb1s in 2016.

He's got fitz and kearse right now, so his receivers aren't a total liability. 

And right now everyone looks at him as 2019 1.1, so he has trade bait, even if he's just shopping his 2019 second. 

I think with that team you can build something that can compete.  Trading for a veteran might not have been the right thing to do but now that he has, he's got a one year window with Fitzgerald and he needs to build like it. 

He's got dak, he can trade brees and trubisky for receiver help. 

He's got dj, who was worth more than 2 rb1s in 2016.

He's got fitz and kearse right now, so his receivers aren't a total liability. 

And right now everyone looks at him as 2019 1.1, so he has trade bait, even if he's just shopping his 2019 second. 

I think with that team you can build something that can compete.  Trading for a veteran might not have been the right thing to do but now that he has, he's got a one year window with Fitzgerald and he needs to build like it. 
ouch that would be one horrible strategy.  When he inevitably sucks this year, his rebuild will take 5 years because all his tradeable assets will be worth less, made worse by trading for "win now" types.  Yikes

And remember, this is a TERRIBLE owner, likely by far the worst owner in that league, yet we expect him to take his team with by far less value than all the other teams and turn it into a contender for one year, then perform a successful rebuild afterwards?

You obviously felt you were getting a player with similar or more upside in the deal, if not, you would still have DJ. So, something in the details made you lean one way and im pretty sure it wasnt him adding the 2.01...
It was more about the five years younger, not the miles. 

I still have a little seller's remorse though...

ouch that would be one horrible strategy.  When he inevitably sucks this year, his rebuild will take 5 years because all his tradeable assets will be worth less, made worse by trading for "win now" types.  Yikes

And remember, this is a TERRIBLE owner, likely by far the worst owner in that league, yet we expect him to take his team with by far less value than all the other teams and turn it into a contender for one year, then perform a successful rebuild afterwards?
 If you make this trade you can't trade away fitz, and brees had zero value to you.  Your 2019 second is going to be a hot commodity once this year's draft is over. It sounds like he gave up all of his 2018 draft capital to get dj.  What would you suggest? 

And no, going back in time to undo the trade is not an option. 

You are assuming that Barkley will be a top 5 RB for the next 3-5 years.  There is no guarantee that will happen and at least DJ has had two years of putting up good numbers in the NFL.  He has shown he can be a top 5 RB in the NFL and he doesn't have the miles to think he will fall off a cliff in 1-2 years. 

If you aren't sold on Barkley being a 100% top 5 RB for the next 3-5 years and you believe that DJ is then I would say regardless of your team situation the 1.01 and DJ are equivalent commodities. 

If I was in his shoes I would have help the 1.01 until closer to the draft as the price will continue to go up as everyone wants the shiny new toy.  But I don't think making this move if you aren't sold on Barkley and are sold on DJ is a bad move. 

If you make this trade you can't trade away fitz, and brees had zero value to you.  Your 2019 second is going to be a hot commodity once this year's draft is over. It sounds like he gave up all of his 2018 draft capital to get dj.  What would you suggest? 

And no, going back in time to undo the trade is not an option. 
I suggest finding a team who needs a RB and look to pick up future assets.  He might be able to trade DJ for more than pick 1 if he finds the right team who thinks a top flight RB puts them over the top.  

The trade itself was not bad, but makes no sense for his situation UNLESS he can get more in trade for DJ than he could have for pick 1, though he probably won't especially considering he also gave up pick 13 in the deal.

I suggest finding a team who needs a RB and look to pick up future assets.  He might be able to trade DJ for more than pick 1 if he finds the right team who thinks a top flight RB puts them over the top.  

The trade itself was not bad, but makes no sense for his situation UNLESS he can get more in trade for DJ than he could have for pick 1, though he probably won't especially considering he also gave up pick 13 in the deal.
Maybe I should go back and offer him the 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, and 2.04 for DJ...

You are assuming that Barkley will be a top 5 RB for the next 3-5 years.  There is no guarantee that will happen and at least DJ has had two years of putting up good numbers in the NFL.  He has shown he can be a top 5 RB in the NFL and he doesn't have the miles to think he will fall off a cliff in 1-2 years. 

If you aren't sold on Barkley being a 100% top 5 RB for the next 3-5 years and you believe that DJ is then I would say regardless of your team situation the 1.01 and DJ are equivalent commodities. 

If I was in his shoes I would have help the 1.01 until closer to the draft as the price will continue to go up as everyone wants the shiny new toy.  But I don't think making this move if you aren't sold on Barkley and are sold on DJ is a bad move. 
I don't assume anything.  Did you assume DJ would be a stud in 2017?  Do you assume DJ will be a stud the next 3 years?  

You don't need to be 100% certain Barkely will be a top 5 RB.  If you are 100% sold DJ will be great for a few years, then you only need to be 50% that Barkley will be since he is so much younger.  I am pretty sure most people are more than 50-50 on Barkley being a stud RB, and nobody should be 100% that DJ will be.  Nothing is 100% in FF.  Ever.  

I don't assume anything.  Did you assume DJ would be a stud in 2017?  Do you assume DJ will be a stud the next 3 years?  

You don't need to be 100% certain Barkely will be a top 5 RB.  If you are 100% sold DJ will be great for a few years, then you only need to be 50% that Barkley will be since he is so much younger.  I am pretty sure most people are more than 50-50 on Barkley being a stud RB, and nobody should be 100% that DJ will be.  Nothing is 100% in FF.  Ever.  
I am not assuming either side.  I am just giving a plausible reason that someone would think DJ is better than the 1.01 (Barkley) pick regardless of team situation.  If you don't think Barkley is all that and you think DJ will be a stud for the next 3-4 years then I can see where moving the 1.01 for DJ makes sense even in a rebuild.  You may disagree with that being the case (DJ a stud for the next 3-4 years) but that is a plausible reason for making the move.

I am not assuming either side.  I am just giving a plausible reason that someone would think DJ is better than the 1.01 (Barkley) pick regardless of team situation.  If you don't think Barkley is all that and you think DJ will be a stud for the next 3-4 years then I can see where moving the 1.01 for DJ makes sense even in a rebuild.  You may disagree with that being the case (DJ a stud for the next 3-4 years) but that is a plausible reason for making the move.
Not when the team is THAT bad, old, and has less value than probably any team I have ever seen.  We are talking about THIS team.

In a vacuum I think everyone agrees that pick 1 and DJ are very close in value.  He even gave up pick 13 along with pick 1.  We have a bad owner here.

and Brees isn't even worth all that much anymore. He's really at best a little better than average fantasy QB and going on 40 who is going to give up much for him?

Personally I'd be shipping Dak and Trubisky for as much as I could possibly get. I'd worry about getting a new QB some time later. Ship Fitz in season for whatever I could get.

12 team ppr QB / 2RB / 3WR / TE / FL

Team A gave up Martin, Doug FA RB; Seals-Jones, Ricky ARI TE

Team B gave up Washington, DeAndre OAK RB

not exactly a blockbuster

Not when the team is THAT bad, old, and has less value than probably any team I have ever seen.  We are talking about THIS team.

In a vacuum I think everyone agrees that pick 1 and DJ are very close in value.  He even gave up pick 13 along with pick 1.  We have a bad owner here.
I agree it was a bad move and one I wouldn't make...especially giving up an additional pick....however having Barkley over DJ isn't going to make a bit of difference especially if you don't think Barkley is all that and DJ is a stud. 

No doubt the owner isn't a good owner regardless.

12 Team PPR:

Gave: 1.9, 2.11, Breida

Got: Freeman

Pleased to get this as RBs tough to get in this league and RB has been killing me.

Users who are viewing this thread