What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

Not saying i would do it, but the rational has to be the 4net owner fearing the ankle isn't right and may require surgery at some point. As a 4net owner id b lying if I said i didn't have similar concern. If he gets past the ankle issues this yr the deal looks really really bad, if he doesn't then this time next yr it might not look so bad.   
You could do better if that was your concern. 

I think that a little more team composition background and reasoning from Fournette's owner could very well provide some additional significant perspective as to why he made the decision to move this 2nd year player for the assorted draft picks that he did. Any further speculation at this point doesn't really have the same impact as hearing from the Fournette's seller.
In what ways would team composition make this a viable deal for the team trading away Fournette? Even if he was the only good player on the roster, all he did was further weaken his roster in all but some very unlikely outcomes. 

Congrats on ripping someone off but that doesn't really help this thread.

I think that a little more team composition background and reasoning from Fournette's owner could very well provide some additional significant perspective as to why he made the decision to move this 2nd year player for the assorted draft picks that he did. Any further speculation at this point doesn't really have the same impact as hearing from the Fournette's seller.
I was not involved in the trade so unfortunately don't have much rationale context.

The Fournette seller did make a public message board post that he was on the block (along with other lower profile guys). Then 24 hours later this executed trade came through.

I have to assume there were multiple offers as there always is when you post that someone of Fournette's caliber is available.

In what ways would team composition make this a viable deal for the team trading away Fournette? Even if he was the only good player on the roster, all he did was further weaken his roster in all but some very unlikely outcomes. 
Exactly.  All of these "what are the rosters?" questions are mostly irrelevant.  If the trade is a good value or you are getting the guy you want you do it.  I just don't get it.  "Getting Fournette for Cooper is good value but I"m going to pass because I already have 3 starting RB".  Who even does that?

Arodin said:
Fair, but give me the Gordon side for the hidden gem of two open roster spots.  In a 10-teamer, I can likely fill them woth pieces as good or better than McGuire and Zay.
lexus said:
Very ingenious way to look at it - the pair of open roster spots, that is.
Boston said:
On the flipside the other guy needs to take into account who he will be cutting because they are basically part of the trade...

58-man rosters, with full IDP.  Free agent pool extremely watered down and plenty of guys on each roster that could be dropped without hesitation.  Also, Zay and McGuire are much more valuable than what is available in FA.  

Last edited by a moderator:
FPC, both good teams, tm rec Olsen was pretty weak at te

Give Olsen & 2.06
Get 2019 1st
Did a similar deal a few weeks ago in FFPC to get a 2019#1 so like this deal on your end. But if the team getting Olsen is a good team, that feels confident they are a major contender and that 2019 pick will be in 10-12 type range it's not really not a lot to pay for Olsen.

58-man rosters, with full IDP.  Free agent pool extremely watered down and plenty of guys on each roster that could be dropped without hesitation.  Also, Zay and McGuire are much more valuable than what is available in FA.  
Well, of course.  If a league is 58-deep, that has enough impact on player valuations that it probably should be included in the posted league parameters with the trade.

Of course not. The trade is unbalanced.

FFPC

Jarvis Landry and 2019 3rd rd pick

for

Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant
Interesting trade because if I own Landry I'd rather he remained in Miami and if I own the other two I'm hoping they find a way to a new team. Ironically the one I give the least chance of changing teams is Martavis.

On this deal, if I can afford the extra roster spot, I take the Sammy side because in a situation where I'm unsure where any of these players will be playing in 18/19 I am just taking talent and I think talent is on that side of the deal.

14 team qrwwftkd (short starting lineups). This is non ppr.

Playoff team receives 1.5

Rebuilding team receives. 1.7, 2019 first (project mid-late)

If im rebuilding the 1.7 and 19 1st for sure

* To clarify, the below is an earlier posted trade I was commenting on.

FFPC

for

I'll take Sammy and be looking to trade Bryant for pretty much whatever i can get.

FPC, both good teams, tm rec Olsen was pretty weak at te

Give Olsen & 2.06
Get 2019 1st
1st

12 team full IDP

Team A gets 1.01
Team B gets 1.02, JuJu Smith-Schuster.
1.2, JuJu

NE_REVIVAL said:
FFPC

for

Watkins/Bryant handily.

bostonfred said:

Silly to pay a future 1st to move up to picks in the mid 1st. 1.7, no question. 

buck naked said:
FFPC league, TE premium

Gave: 1.03, 1.08, Kittle, Crowder, 2019 2nd

Got: 1.01
1.1, haven't seen it go that cheap. 

12 team full IDP

Team A gets 1.01
Team B gets 1.02, JuJu Smith-Schuster.
Great trade...would lean towards Barkley because RB prospects like him are the rare breed but I have zero issues getting 1.2 and a 21 year potential stud/#1 WR back...would feel a little better if you could squeeze out another useful piece with upside because the gap between Barkley and the 1.2 has a chance to be pretty big...something like a Tarik Cohen or a Nelson Agholor... 

Silly to pay a future 1st to move up to picks in the mid 1st. 1.7, no question. 
Last year I think people would have paid it to move from 7 to the top 5 with the huge tier dropoff there.

I agree it's too early to know how this year will pan out yet as the combine and draft will change a ton but right now I think people are anticipating a top 5 tier with those top 5 RBs again.

Last year I think people would have paid it to move from 7 to the top 5 with the huge tier dropoff there.

I agree it's too early to know how this year will pan out yet as the combine and draft will change a ton but right now I think people are anticipating a top 5 tier with those top 5 RBs again.
I'm the one who made the trade to move up into the top 5.  What you wrote above is my reasoning.  It's a NON-PPR league and i want to guarantee one of (RJII, Guice, Michel, Chubb). 

Very clear & concise explanation, ILUVBEER99, and worse case is one or two of the RBs are not available for you for some very strange reason(s) - and you still own a valuable draft slot. GL.

12 Team:  RB 0.25 PPR, 0.25 PP Carry. 

Full Return Yards (1 pt 10 return, same as rush/rec yards). Keep 15
- Start 1 QB/1-3 RB/2-4 WR/1 TE

Gave: Kamara/1.11/2.11 (Kamara avg 20 PPG)

Got: Zeke (Zeke avg 24 PPG)

My old assets below:

QB: Newton, Luck
RB: Kamara, Hunt, Monty, McKinnon
WR: Tyreek, Cooper, Watkins, C. Davis, Z Jones, J. Matthews, Doctson, Samuel
TE: Shaheen
Picks: 1.4, 1.6, 1.11, 2.3, 2.11, 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.11, 4.1, 4.11, 5.11

- I Love Kamara but figured I had the ammo and that this Year was close to his ceiling. 2000 total yards, 200 touches, 14 TDs.

-Figure touches go up to 250-270 (180-200 rushes/70 rec) TDs probably more like 10 and total yards (incl return comes down a bit). They probably don’t use him as return guy as he becomes more featured.

Interested in what others think. This was pretty tough for me.

12 team PPR

Team A Gets:

Melvin Gordon

Devante Adams

Team B gets:

1.1 (Barkley)

Kenny Golladay

Kenny Stills

Jordan Matthews

12 Team:  RB 0.25 PPR, 0.25 PP Carry. 

Full Return Yards (1 pt 10 return, same as rush/rec yards). Keep 15
- Start 1 QB/1-3 RB/2-4 WR/1 TE

My old assets below:

QB: Newton, Luck
RB: Kamara, Hunt, Monty, McKinnon
WR: Tyreek, Cooper, Watkins, C. Davis, Z Jones, J. Matthews, Doctson, Samuel
TE: Shaheen
Picks: 1.4, 1.6, 1.11, 2.3, 2.11, 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.11, 4.1, 4.11, 5.11

- I Love Kamara but figured I had the ammo and that this Year was close to his ceiling. 2000 total yards, 200 touches, 14 TDs.

-Figure touches go up to 250-270 (180-200 rushes/70 rec) TDs probably more like 10 and total yards (incl return comes down a bit). They probably don’t use him as return guy as he becomes more featured.

Interested in what others think. This was pretty tough for me.
Zeke for me but, the 2 picks are more than enough to bridge the gap for the other side.

Not involved but saw AJ Green for 1.04. 

I don't know which I'd prefer. PPR, 2rb, 2wr, 2 flex start (1 te but that's irrelevant here)

Not involved but saw AJ Green for 1.04. 

I don't know which I'd prefer. PPR, 2rb, 2wr, 2 flex start (1 te but that's irrelevant here)
Would depend on my team. I think I would keep Green if I was a top team and take the pick if I was bottom or middle of the road team

12 team FFPC style QRRWWTFFDK 

Team A gives AJ Green, Melvin Gordon, 2019 1st (perennial playoff team)

Team B gives 1.01

Different league, same rules:

Team C gives Michael Thomas, Cameron Meredith, 2.11

Team D gives 1.01

I'm kind of shocked on the second one since I was offering the 1.01 owner Bell+

Team B gives 1.01

Team D gives 1.01

The 1st one is tough for  me. I probably would not move either side in this deal

Barkley handily in 2nd one

One More Rep said:
I would take Barkley too but that is a solid return
Agree 100%...getting a potential #1 RB and WR is never being short-changed...if you want Barley you better bring the real ammo...this kid has made owners in every league really sniff around that 1.1 pick...the buzz around this kid is only growing (and it was huge to begin with)...

barackdhouse said:

Team B gives 1.01

Team D gives 1.01

I’m going to take the players in 1.

Second one is a draw to me.

BINGBING said:
12 team PPR

Team A Gets:

Melvin Gordon

Devante Adams

Team B gets:

1.1 (Barkley)

Kenny Golladay

Kenny Stills

Jordan Matthews
I'm sorry but WHAT THE EFFING EFF.  The only reason I could consider this close is if Adams is being considered better than OBJ....  I love me some Melvin Gordon but he's in the bottom tier of RB1's and likely on his way out of that tier with the fresh crop incoming.  

barackdhouse said:

Team B gives 1.01

Team D gives 1.01

I’ll take 1.01 in both. That second one is pretty bad. 

I’ll take 1.01 in both. That second one is pretty bad. 
I struggle with how the just turned 25 year old (happy birthday MT) that just put up B2B Mid WR1 seasons (and set the record for most receptions in his first 2 years in the league)  + the Bears present WR1 and a late 2 is bad value for the 1.1. And I’m a PSU grad who loves Barkley.

jeaton6 said:

That's fine. I would have kept the picks but I can't fault either way. 

BINGBING said:
12 team PPR

Team A Gets: Melvin Gordon, Davante Adams, 

Team B gets: 1.1, Kenny Golladay, Kenny Stills, Jordan Matthews
1.1, Golladay

-OZ- said:
AJ Green for 1.04
About as close as it gets, I can see it as a win-win depending on where each team is in life cycle. I would take AJ if competing. 

barackdhouse said:

Team B gives 1.01

Team D gives 1.01
AJ, Gordon, 1st | 1.1

Users who are viewing this thread