What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

So Bortles and Hilton for Cousins and Marvin, while dropping a round in draft?  I think I like it for you but can see both sides if someone prefers Hilton enough over Marvin.
Essentially, yes...but Cousins is a big upgrade and much safer than Bortles...so willing to roll the dice from Hilton to M.Jones

Not much difference in the quality of RB at 1.4 compared to 1.3.  After Barkley and Guice there's not much difference between Michel and Jones, and to some Penny.
I agree there isn’t a significant talent difference in that tier but it is likely one of them lands in a plum landing spot and separates a bit from the others 

This was a small one. Robert Woods straight up for Nelson Agholor. PPR

Woods easily 
In my standard ppr league Agholor finished as WR23 Woods was WR31.  Cooper Kupp was also WR26.  I'm not sure how much if any I'd assume they do better than that for all of them.  Over the career I'd expect them to be pretty even overall.  Both in prolific offenses.  Even without Watkins is Woods actually a dominant WR1?  I say no but I could be wron.  

I agree there isn’t a significant talent difference in that tier but it is likely one of them lands in a plum landing spot and separates a bit from the others 
If you throw in Chubb with Jones, Michel, and Penny, I'd be willing to bet that at least 2 of them have a prime landing spot, thus making the difference between 1.3 and 1.4 insignificant.

10-team PPR 

Gave: Derek Carr + 4.05

Got: Mitch Trubisky + Adam Shaheen

I don't love my TE depth but otherwise have a nice roster.  Other QBs are Rodgers and Alex Smith and we start 1.  

In my standard ppr league Agholor finished as WR23 Woods was WR31.  Cooper Kupp was also WR26.  I'm not sure how much if any I'd assume they do better than that for all of them.  Over the career I'd expect them to be pretty even overall.  Both in prolific offenses.  Even without Watkins is Woods actually a dominant WR1?  I say no but I could be wron.  
Woods missed 4 games.

Not much difference in the quality of RB at 1.4 compared to 1.3.  After Barkley and Guice there's not much difference between Michel and Jones, and to some Penny.
That's where we disagree, or I wouldn't have made the deal. Really like a third guy quite a bit more than anyone else in the class, I realize I'm probably in the norm there, and fine overpaying to ensure I get the cat I want. 

That's where we disagree, or I wouldn't have made the deal. Really like a third guy quite a bit more than anyone else in the class, I realize I'm probably in the norm there, and fine overpaying to ensure I get the cat I want. 
You can throw Chubb into that mix I listed as well.

Looks like everyone thus far is on the camp of 1.4/1.12. I got the 1.3 in this deal as I do see a clear drop between 3 and 4 when it comes to prospect quality. I was also concerned with allowing the guy who owned 1.3 get a prospect of that quality to add to his roster - as he has the second most valuable team in the league. I will use 1.3 for a running back which was the only question keeping me from a repeat. Earlier in the off-season I dealt Howard for the 1.4, so I am essentially upgrading Howard prior to week 1 at the cost of 1.12. 

At a macro level, after seeing how little the owners with top running backs value stud WRs in a trade, I didn't want to go WR with the pick, and felt moving up from 4 to 3 ensured I wasn't pressured to go WR. If there is any league where I point to understanding your leaguemates, it's this one. I feel we after this move we are likely to repeat and still have enough depth to withstand 2-3 injuries and still have enough future capital. 

Cam
Kamara, Freeman, 1.3, Drake, Hyde
Evans, Thomas, Julio, Hill, Gordon, MBryant
Kelce, Gronk, ASJ
If you have a clear top 3 you believe in then I like it for you and think it was the right move.  I have always been a strong proponent of these types of trades when you believe in a guy.  People are probably getting tired of this anecdote but I always think back to a few years ago when I gave up a future 1st to move from 1.4 to 1.3 to grab Le'Veon Bell over Montee Ball when most had them interchangeable and thought it was a horrible move.

The only shred of doubt I have is whether there's any scenario that could play out where 1.3 becomes significantly more valuable than 1.4 such that 1.12 wouldn't make that move possible even after the draft.  Regardless, not going to fault someone for making sure they get their guy at a little above market value.

He's the bubble screen guy.  Likely to play the Tyreek role.  But now with Paul Richardson there, I'm not so sure how that shakes out.  
Thanks for response but Reek is so much more than a bubble screen guy, he averaged over close to 12 air yards per target. Very small part of his production was from bubble screens.

Albert Wilson was Smith's slot guy and Albert Wilson was the guy who most of his production came in short passing game. Albert Wilson is guy I'd be comping to Crowder.

Two WR's have gone over 1,000 yards with Alex Smith. Maclin and Hill. I believe Crabtree, Maclin and Hill are only WR's go over 70 catches in a season. Just not seeing a reason to upgrade a WR because of Smith.

Two WR's have gone over 1,000 yards with Alex Smith. Maclin and Hill. I believe Crabtree, Maclin and Hill are only WR's go over 70 catches in a season. Just not seeing a reason to upgrade a WR because of Smith.
Historical data plays a role, but so does the coach calling the plays. Jay Gruden historically gets alot of production out of his QB. I would expect Gruden to get more production from Smith based on what Gruden has run the last few years, but that is a guess.

He's the bubble screen guy.  Likely to play the Tyreek role.  But now with Paul Richardson there, I'm not so sure how that shakes out.  
Just my opinion but I do not see Crowder as the level of talent you are gameplanning manufactured touches for a la Hill. Fraction of the ability. 

Historical data plays a role, but so does the coach calling the plays. Jay Gruden historically gets alot of production out of his QB. I would expect Gruden to get more production from Smith based on what Gruden has run the last few years, but that is a guess.
Reid has historically one one of the most QB friendly offenses in the league. I Alex Smith might have just made some people forget that.

Alex played well last year but let's put this in perspective. Andy was in Philly for over 10 years and during that entire time frame there was one season where total team QB production was not top 15 for fantasy purposes.  It took Alex Smith 5 years to crack top 15 under Andy. Gruden is good, but he's just leaving one QB friendly coach for another.

I think I'd rather take Gallup or St.Brown with 2.01 than have Crowder. 
I was torn a bit to offer that much but wanted to secure another decent WR. There has been some debate on here so it probably isn't far off. I also have 1.07, 2.07 and 2.11 but a mid 2 would not get what I was looking for. With Richardson there now I'd probably only now think a mid 2. 

My WRs are Michael Thomas, Landry, Tate, Golladay, Stills, and Decker (likely cut) and most weeks my Flex will be WR. Looking in the last 5-6 rookie drafts the WRs around 2.01 have been worse (than crowder) more than half the time so that is what I am hoping/risking.

Good luck all. 

TheBottomLine said:
10-team PPR 

Gave: Derek Carr + 4.05

Got: Mitch Trubisky + Adam Shaheen

I don't love my TE depth but otherwise have a nice roster.  Other QBs are Rodgers and Alex Smith and we start 1.  
Shaheen lost some shine when the Bears signed Trey Burton. 

12 team ppr

Gave: 1.09, 2.11

Got: 1.07

I had 4 picks between 2.5-2.11 so some capital to spend there, and I figure 1.07 may get into that range for the tail end of the main RB tier or the wr in the best spot (49ers?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen many Allen Robinson deals.

12 Team PPR, QB, RB,2 WR, TE, 3 Flex (Reiging Champ, and still looking strong)

Gave: 2.6, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2020 3rd, Mike Davis, Erik Swoope

Got: Allen Robinson

If those firsts are as late as I think, there is no way I get a player with Arob's upside unless I fluke off a pick.  Hoping Robinson is the focal point of a young and emerging offense.

Non-ppr IDP Zealots 12 team

Gave: Derek Carr, 2.11, 4.03

Got: Jordan Howard

It's a rebuild for me and I still have a 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds. Of course, now I have ZERO QBs on my roster. I'll get a rookie with one of my 2nds I guess.

Did this about 5 weeks ago and had some second thoughts but the Lewis and Cousins signings make me feel a bit better about it.

FFPC

Gave 
Henry, 1.3, 2019 1st

Got
Cooper, Diggs, Ingram

Non-ppr IDP Zealots 12 team

Gave: Derek Carr, 2.11, 4.03

Got: Jordan Howard

It's a rebuild for me and I still have a 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds. Of course, now I have ZERO QBs on my roster. I'll get a rookie with one of my 2nds I guess.
Wow I haven't seen Howard go that cheaply in my Zealots leagues. The Howard owners are asking for a high 2018 1st plus a 2nd and a WR2 at least.

Did this about 5 weeks ago and had some second thoughts but the Lewis and Cousins signings make me feel a bit better about it.

FFPC

Gave 
Henry, 1.3, 2019 1st

Got
Cooper, Diggs, Ingram
Pre-FA I'd go Henry-side, but post I think I'd say its even and would depend on rosters. I would lean towards the WRs though

If that's Derrick, then I like Henry side in a landslide.
Funny because I'd need that Henry to be Hunter just to move me into consideration phase of giving up the Cooper side. Would need to really like that 2019 pick.

5 weeks ago I don't do this deal. 5 weeks ago I put Cooper over 3, Diggs over Derrick, 2019#1 hard to say vs Ingram without knowing. So I'd have said no 5 weeks ago and that divide has increased a good amount.

menobrown said:
Funny because I'd need that Henry to be Hunter just to move me into consideration phase of giving up the Cooper side. Would need to really like that 2019 pick.

5 weeks ago I don't do this deal. 5 weeks ago I put Cooper over 3, Diggs over Derrick, 2019#1 hard to say vs Ingram without knowing. So I'd have said no 5 weeks ago and that divide has increased a good amount.
It was Derrick and I really hated to let him go; not a huge Ingram fan but still a big believer in Cooper and very much like Diggs. The 1.3 wasn't originally mine, mine is the 1.6 and I do have a lot of picks (1.6/1.8/1.9/1.12/2.3/2.4/2.6/19 1st) so having the extra draft capital played into it. If you don't like Cooper you don't like this deal. I think it is pretty close and as I said earlier, Lewis going to Ten and Cousins to Min makes me feel better about the whole thing. As always, time will tell.

It was Derrick and I really hated to let him go; not a huge Ingram fan but still a big believer in Cooper and very much like Diggs. The 1.3 wasn't originally mine, mine is the 1.6 and I do have a lot of picks (1.6/1.8/1.9/1.12/2.3/2.4/2.6/19 1st) so having the extra draft capital played into it. If you don't like Cooper you don't like this deal. I think it is pretty close and as I said earlier, Lewis going to Ten and Cousins to Min makes me feel better about the whole thing. As always, time will tell.
When you say "you" possibly you mean a general sense and not me directly but I love Cooper, he was most valuable piece of that trade 5 weeks ago and today.

Users who are viewing this thread