What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

12 Team PPR:

Dalvin, 1.6, Mack for Thielen, 1.11, Ingram, Goodwin
Interesting. I like the Ingram side. Thielen owner in my PPR league wanted Ingram for him. I said no b/c of my lack of RB depth, but thinking of countering with Ingram & Doctson (or KB) for Thielen & Mixon.

ADP is similar (DJ 1.7 vs. Thomas 1.9).  DJ ahead but risks of a really bad team plus his expected fantasy relevance from here on out being slightly over 1/3rd of Thomas' keep them relatively close in value even if DJ comes out a little ahead.
Agreed, thats pretty much how I see it.

ADP is only one piece. Ingram has proven a hell of a lot more & is in a better situation. Pros & cons to all. I have Ingram > Mixon.
Hes also 29 years old this season. Even if you have Ingram slightly over Mixon, Thielen and Doctson aren’t anywhere close. Thielen for Ingram was a fair even offer. Mixon is worth a lot more than Doctson.

Hes also 29 years old this season. Even if you have Ingram slightly over Mixon, Thielen and Doctson aren’t anywhere close. Thielen for Ingram was a fair even offer. Mixon is worth a lot more than Doctson.
I'm not looking to argue so one last post on this...Ingram > Mixon & Theilen > the other 2 WRs. So it evens out. That's my opinion.

McKinnon imo.

Fwiw, I rejected an offer of Dak and the 1.11 for Mahomes and McKinnon. That's a devy league with most of the top 10 picks already owned, so it's the equivalent of a mid 2nd unless you want a college player.  Something you might do on the clock if your target is there but there aren't 11 college players I like enough (and feel confident about) to make the deal.
As would I since I'd take Mahomes over Dak and even in a non developmental league 11 is not quite getting it down for Mckinnon.

I think 1.2 is pretty fair - the best player/situation not counting Barkley in this draft should be pretty comparable.
How I see it.

I think a small chance it works out as 1.2 being pretty fair and at best equal but that's me and a lot of that opinion is based on how I feel about Cook and the RB's not named Guice or Barkley. Probably depends on how you view the rookie RB's and Cook. I just have literally zero worry on this injury for Cook. I got him ranked as top 15 redraft guy.

On situation I think those dried up a lot in FA, situations got a little to a lot worse in prime landing spots like San Fran and Oakland and a little worse in places like Cleveland and with Jets. Steeler's tagging Bell took away what I would have viewed as  the #1 potential home run landing spot. Some of these situations only present as short term, like maybe not a full season type of road blocks, but all these situations are a little worse for me.

Then on talent the only rookie RB I'd put in conversation with Cook that I can actually pick at 2 is Guice.  I got Jones and Michel as 3/4 and there is no situation I can see them getting drafted where I'd take them over Cook.

So now I'm down to Giuce needing to land well. Where? Opinions vary but my top two destinations now would be Tampa and the Colts and I think even if he went to one of those teams I'd prefer the young RB I actually saw perform well in the league. I'm huge on taking shots on unproven players to get younger or better but don't see reason to take such a shot here but these two places to even make me consider Guice on par or over Cook.

Again, much depends on how you view the RB's and Cook but I'm not dealing Cook so Guice can hopefully land on one of two teams to maybe be on par. I got an FFPC league with Cook and pick 1.2. I can just say if I can pick a RB at 2 I like as much as Cook now I'm going to be thrilled.

I was actually surprised to see people taking the other side - not that I think it's a terrible deal for the Thielen side but I just see Cook as the most valuable player by quite a bit.
Yeah I kept re-reading the deal to see if I was reading it wrong.  Ingram/Thielen seems light for Cook, so getting a prefty heft pick upgrade on top of that is a big win for the Cook/1.06 side.

Yeah I kept re-reading the deal to see if I was reading it wrong.  Ingram/Thielen seems light for Cook, so getting a prefty heft pick upgrade on top of that is a big win for the Cook/1.06 side.
I saw Cook get traded in an FFPC league last week and along with pick 2.4 he got back 1.3, 1.4, Kupp and throw in's Robby Anderson and Riddick.

Thielen was traded two days ago for pick 2.1 and a 2019 projected late second.

Those trades I mentioned I'd label as an overpay for Dalvin and great deal in Thielen but still does help reinforce that I just don't see Ingram/Thielen close to Cook. I own Ingram in a few leagues and I'd easily package a high first round pick with him if I thought it would get me Dalvin.

12 team FFPC rules

I gave 1.06

I got McKinnon

My only RB is Fournette. I also own 1.05 and Breida/Williams. I'm convinced McKinnon will be the Freeman in this offense. Tempered expectations but I don't think I can get better with the 1.06.

Would you take Jones over Gallup, Lamar Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Mike Geskiki, Josh Allen, Anthony Miller, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, John Kelly,  D J Clark, Auden Take, or Mark Andrews?  Perhaps even Baker Mayfield?  Add Cain to that list as well.  I've counted them and 2.07 will get a player better than Aaron Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you take Jones over Gallup, Lamar Jackson, Dallas Goedert, Mike Geskiki, Josh Allen, Anthony Miller, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, John Kelly,  D J Clark, Auden Take, or Mark Andrews?  Perhaps even Baker Mayfield?  Add Cain to that list as well.  I've counted them and 2.07 will get a player better than Aaron Jones.
I graded the trade as a toss-up, but looking at your list the only guys that would interest me more than Jones in a 1qb, non-TE premium league are John Kelly and Anthony Miller and I don't think either will be available at 2.07 in my leagues if they land in a semi-decent spot.

So basically I would probably put him 3rd in that last with not much confidence that either of the guys I'd have ahead of him will be available.  So I'll stick with my original assertion that it's probably a toss-up.

I graded the trade as a toss-up, but looking at your list the only guys that would interest me more than Jones in a 1qb, non-TE premium league are John Kelly and Anthony Miller and I don't think either will be available at 2.07 in my leagues if they land in a semi-decent spot.

So basically I would probably put him 3rd in that last with not much confidence that either of the guys I'd have ahead of him will be available.  So I'll stick with my original assertion that it's probably a toss-up.
Barkley, Guice, Michel, Chubb, Jones, Sutton, Ridley, Penny, Washington, Kirk, Freeman, Johnson, Moore, St. Brown, Ballage.  That's 15 right there.  Now we only need 4.  Then you have Gallup, Allen, Goedert, Geskiki, Miller, Darnold, Rosen, Kelly, Clark, Tate, Andrews, Mayfield, and Cain.  Throw in Walton too.  See what I mean Vern?  Yes, I can get a guy better than Jones at 2.07.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Cook get traded in an FFPC league last week and along with pick 2.4 he got back 1.3, 1.4, Kupp and throw in's Robby Anderson and Riddick.

Thielen was traded two days ago for pick 2.1 and a 2019 projected late second.

Those trades I mentioned I'd label as an overpay for Dalvin and great deal in Thielen but still does help reinforce that I just don't see Ingram/Thielen close to Cook. I own Ingram in a few leagues and I'd easily package a high first round pick with him if I thought it would get me Dalvin.

This was how I felt. When I saw this one come through, at a minimum I thought the pick was on the wrong side.

Yes, I certainly would take him over most. He fared well last year pre-injury. I’d say 50/50 chance he’s the lead back there. Far too many QBs on your list. He’s worth more than all of those QBs and most on that list at this time. 

Yes, I certainly would take him over most. He fared well last year pre-injury. I’d say 50/50 chance he’s the lead back there. Far too many QBs on your list. He’s worth more than all of those QBs and most on that list at this time. 
I don’t think jones will be the starter next year, but that’s just me. His value is all over the place really. The only thing I know for sure, if you need te/qb, 3rd rd picks will get it done. 

Aaron Jones has shown he is a good back at the NFL level so not sure how you know all those players will be better. 

Aaron Jones has shown he is a good back at the NFL level so not sure how you know all those players will be better. 
I liked Jones in last year's draft and took him late in a lot of leagues.  I'm not worried about the injury as much as the pot charges. "Green Bay Packers running back Aaron Jones was arrested in early October and faces several charges after a traffic stop in which he admitted to smoking marijuana. "  I see now as a time to make some profit off of Jones considering I got him cheap in the draft last year.

I liked Jones in last year's draft and took him late in a lot of leagues.  I'm not worried about the injury as much as the pot charges. "Green Bay Packers running back Aaron Jones was arrested in early October and faces several charges after a traffic stop in which he admitted to smoking marijuana. "  I see now as a time to make some profit off of Jones considering I got him cheap in the draft last year.
If you avoid NFL players who smoke pot, you won’t have a roster. 

10-team PPR.  Pretty deep rosters.  

Gave: Chris Hogan, Donte Moncrief, Tyler Lockett, Adam Humphries

Got: Michael Crabtree

We start up to 4 WR per week and I already had a deep roster at WR (OBJ, Keenan, Adams, Thielen, ARob, Watkins, Robby Anderson, Godwin, Enunwa, Ross still on roster), so this move will help with roster cuts and will allow me to keep a couple guys I didn't want to cut.  I will still expect most to prefer Hogan side.   

10-team PPR.  Pretty deep rosters.  

Gave: Chris Hogan, Donte Moncrief, Tyler Lockett, Adam Humphries

Got: Michael Crabtree

We start up to 4 WR per week and I already had a deep roster at WR (OBJ, Keenan, Adams, Thielen, ARob, Watkins, Robby Anderson, Godwin, Enunwa, Ross still on roster), so this move will help with roster cuts and will allow me to keep a couple guys I didn't want to cut.  I will still expect most to prefer Hogan side.   
Some might prefer Hogan, some Moncrief and maybe with Jimmy and Richardson gone the Lockett momentum picks back up.

You had players to burn but you gave up more than you got back.

FFPC - 

Team A got Chris Godwin

Team B got Kelvin Benjamin
Benjamin because of situation. I think Godwin is a 2019 hold but with the payoff as being the #2 to Evans on what is likely a pretty TE friendly offense it's not something I'd be trying to pay to burn a roster spot on for a year.

I gave:  Aaron Jones, 3.8

I got: 2019 1 (Borderline Playoff Team)

2nd trade of him in a week for me where I basically got a first round return.

Other one was: 

I gave: Jones, ASJ, 2.10

I got: 1.10, 2.7

There are believers out there who are willing to pay well above the 2.7 being debated.

Users who are viewing this thread