What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

JPeso said:
FFPC - 

Team A got Chris Godwin

Team B got Kelvin Benjamin
I got Benjamin here. Godwin could prove me wrong and become startable this year, but I preferred the buy low on the guy I know can beat top DBs rather than the 3rd/4th option in the pass game. A definite bet on an off-season with BUF and hopefully less of a QB carousel come week 1. 

With only 20 roster spots, I prefer guys I own to be starters or RB depth, and I feel much better about trotting KB out in a flex spot if I was in a bind than I do Godwin. WR core now is Julio, Hill, JuJu, Fuller, KB.

If I had 24 roster spots without aggressive annual cut-downs, I may have kept Godwin, as I do think he has an appeal. 

10 team PPR 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE

Gave Allen Robinson, JuJu, 2.7 and 4.7

Got 1.2, 1.8, and 4.2

Note on 4th round swap of picks.  We do our rookie draft one round per month.....1st round in May, 2nd Round in June, 3rd Round in July, 4th Round in August....the 4th round occurs towards the end of the first week of training camp so injuries etc can shoot the value of an early 4th way up

So roster

A Rodgers, C Newton, J Winston

L Fournette, 1.2 (Guice), K Hunt, S Perine, M Lynch, 

M Thomas, K Allen, C Davis, A Thielen, D Westbrook

T Kelce

Probably will look at a WR with the 1.8 or a trade....depending on who is there

Got 1.2, 1.8, and 4.2

Note on 4th round swap of picks.  We do our rookie draft one round per month.....1st round in May, 2nd Round in June, 3rd Round in July, 4th Round in August....the 4th round occurs towards the end of the first week of training camp so injuries etc can shoot the value of an early 4th way up

So roster

T Kelce

I think I would take AR and JuJu. Outside of 1.1 this year is a crapshoot IMO. You hope your rookies turn into prospects that show signs of elite production which AR and JuJu have already accomplished in their young careers. 

Got 1.2, 1.8, and 4.2

So roster

T Kelce

I favor the Arob, Juju side but I can see why u did it. 

12-Team, ppr, qb,rb,rb,wr,wr,te,f

Keenan Allen

For

2018 1.11, 2019 1st (assuming late), K Cole

Last edited by a moderator:
IDP, PPR, 32 teams (players available twice)

Builder gave Dez Bryant

Team trying to compete gave ASJ, pick #46 (23rd player) and a 2019 5th.  

If you did that hunt trade after the NFL draft and knew that guice landed in Pittsburgh behind bell and Chubb in a time share in San Francisco and Michel went to the rams and every other nightmare situation, I'd take the hunt side. 

But if guice or Chubb go to any decent landing spot, I'd be ok with the 1.2 side even without mahomes (and I'm not particularly high on Dion). 

So you're basically paying mahomes as a premium in case all of the stud prospects go to terrible landing spots. And I would much rather just wait until the draft than give up a high upside prospect. 

Remember, too, that kc could draft someone. They are hosting demarco Murray this week, so they're not entirely out of the market.  And Andy Reid could easlly decide that ware (or a new guy) should be the goal line back.  He used to be known as a one back coach, but he had a few years where they were forced to use two because they didn't have a stud, and last year he was forced to mostly use one because ware got hurt and west was a poor man's version of hunt.   You could do worse than to sell high on a mid round running back for 1.2 the following year in a good rb class, plus a top qb prospect, plus a viable player. 

I do like hunt a lot, though.

Got 1.2, 1.8, and 4.2

So roster

T Kelce

I think with your roster it makes sense and right now I'd put the 1.2 as slightly most coveted asset in this deal but I think you gave up a little more than you got back.

If you did that hunt trade after the NFL draft and knew that guice landed in Pittsburgh behind bell and Chubb in a time share in San Francisco and Michel went to the rams and every other nightmare situation, I'd take the hunt side. 

But if guice or Chubb go to any decent landing spot, I'd be ok with the 1.2 side even without mahomes (and I'm not particularly high on Dion). 

So you're basically paying mahomes as a premium in case all of the stud prospects go to terrible landing spots. And I would much rather just wait until the draft than give up a high upside prospect. 

Remember, too, that kc could draft someone. They are hosting demarco Murray this week, so they're not entirely out of the market.  And Andy Reid could easlly decide that ware (or a new guy) should be the goal line back.  He used to be known as a one back coach, but he had a few years where they were forced to use two because they didn't have a stud, and last year he was forced to mostly use one because ware got hurt and west was a poor man's version of hunt.   You could do worse than to sell high on a mid round running back for 1.2 the following year in a good rb class, plus a top qb prospect, plus a viable player. 

I do like hunt a lot, though.
Normally I'd be right there with ya as I find non early drafted RBs who have a good rookie season to be the most overvalued assets in all of fantasy football.  Seriously their history is really really bad relative to the value they command entering year 2.

However, I just really really like the way Hunt runs.  I hope I'm not kicking myself for not following my own advice with him.

As an aside, I find it interesting that so many say Hunt = 1.02 when their startup ADP values are so different.  Hunt is going 1.11 in startups, while Guice is currently sitting at 3.3.

Got 1.2, 1.8, and 4.2

So roster

T Kelce

Great win for you. Giving up two solid but not great Wr's for a potential top end Rb. Especially in a 10 team league. 

As an aside, I find it interesting that so many say Hunt = 1.02 when their startup ADP values are so different.  Hunt is going 1.11 in startups, while Guice is currently sitting at 3.3.
Speaking of startups can anyone update the startup thread?  Havent seen anything new in quite a while.

Normally I'd be right there with ya as I find non early drafted RBs who have a good rookie season to be the most overvalued assets in all of fantasy football.  Seriously their history is really really bad relative to the value they command entering year 2.
Help me remember who this group is.  Morris and Slaton are the only guys coming to mind.

Help me remember who this group is.  Morris and Slaton are the only guys coming to mind.
Here are the players I could find that were drafted outside the top 15 of the NFL draft and went for 1000+ yards as a rookie in the last 15 years.  This was taken from another forum so I can't vouch for its accuracy with entirety but glancing things over quickly it looked fairly accurate.

Alfred morris
Doug Martin
Steve Slaton
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
Eddie Lacy
Kevin Jones
Julius Jones
Joseph Addai
Lagarrette Blount 
Domanick Davis
Jeremy Hill
Giovanni Bernard
Jordan Howard
Zac Stacy

If you limit it to players taken outside the 1st round that went for 1000+ as a rookie we get...

Alfred Morris
Steve Slaton
Matt Forte
Eddie Lacy
LaGarrette Blount
Domanic Davis
Jeremy Hill
Giovanni Bernard
Jordan Howard
Zac Stacy

However, I just really really like the way Hunt runs.  I hope I'm not kicking myself for not following my own advice with him.

1.2 is more valuable than guice. If guice gets drafted into a really bad spot like Derrick Henry did two years ago, and you love Chubb and his landing spot, you can make the switch.  If guice goes to a good spot he'll climb up boards.  

But i agree, there's a difference right now. That's what I said earlier - you're basically paying Lewis and mahomes to move up from 3.3 to 1.11 right now.  In a month and a half, you might only be paying Lewis, if anything.  So you're paying a full mahomes to make up for that uncertainty.  

But then you also have to consider that hunt could get screwed in the draft. Like what if the chiefs are the team that drafts guice?  You're paying a premium to put your eggs in one basket.  It's a better basket right now, but it's still one basket. With the pick, you've got a higher floor, and the later your rookie draft, the more value that has.

10 Team standard scoring .5 PPR —— IDP 1.5/.75 tackle/asst ; 4 pt sack/int ; 3 pt FF/FR

Carlos Hyde for Avery Williamson
I was wondering how much Hyde's value had dropped. Thanks. 

I actually like Williamson but that seems light for Hyde. Just my opinion of course.

PPR IDP

Builder gave Alex Smith, diggs, Dem Thomas, Allen Bailey, pick 26

A top contender (probably best team in the league, but could falter a bit in 19) gave Bortles, Corey Davis, t McKinley,  his 2020 1st and 2nd.

Basically looks like diggs and pick 26 for c Davis, Thomas for the 2020 picks, other stuff involved. 

10-team PPR.  Full IDP and deep rosters.  Start one TE.  

Not involved.

OJ Howard

for

Several IDP will go before this pick so I'd compare this to 2.04 ish in non-IDP, or 14th overall.  

Sometimes the difference in values between leagues seems :loco:
The 1.10 value is ludicrous. I own Thompson in one league and I always liked him and felt he was underrated but last year's production isn't sustainable unless his workload went up significantly and Gruden has never seen fit to give him a bigger workload even at the expense of a bum like Rob Kelley.

Standard 12 team PPR, start 2-3 RBs, 3-4 WRs.  Not involved.

S. Watkins, Du. Johnson

for

AJ Green

The 1.10 value is ludicrous. I own Thompson in one league and I always liked him and felt he was underrated but last year's production isn't sustainable unless his workload went up significantly and Gruden has never seen fit to give him a bigger workload even at the expense of a bum like Rob Kelley.
I would trade Thompson for the 1.10 today and twice on Sunday.  Hell, I would trade him for a 2nd rounder. If I got a 1st that would be reason for a drink of Blanton's to celebrate.

Some trades that went down during a dispersal draft:

Kupp and 4.07 for 2.06, fitzgerald, and jordy

Chester Rogers for bridge water

Blount for 4.12 

exciting times!

Blount for 4.12 

exciting times!
I own Kupp and Jordy. I would take the Kupp side. You *might* get one more year of WR 1-2 out of Fitz, and *maybe* one year of WR 2-3 out of Jordy. So you're trading away a pretty sure WR2 with some upside for the next several years for the 2.06. Give me Kupp all day.

Don't care about the second one.

I'd take a chance of Blount scoring 12 TD's next year for the 4.12.

I own Kupp and Jordy. I would take the Kupp side. You *might* get one more year of WR 1-2 out of Fitz, and *maybe* one year of WR 2-3 out of Jordy. So you're trading away a pretty sure WR2 with some upside for the next several years for the 2.06. Give me Kupp all day.

Don't care about the second one.

I'd take a chance of Blount scoring 12 TD's next year for the 4.12.
My First impression was he sold low on kupp.  Though, he owns woods too and said he expects the rams and McKay to regress.  He has bell and DJ (win now?) but had little at WR. Other owner was in the dispersal and getting Kupp for the vets that won’t be around by the time his team is any good was big. I can see both sides.  

I picked up blount.  Needed RB depth badly and our rookie draft only goes to 4.12 so what the heck.

Correction...trade was 4.12 for hogan.  And a public service announcement to not attempt dispersal drafts through MFL’s chat function.  You only get 50 or so messages before they start to delete and then chaos ensues. 

oldmanhawkins said:
Correction...trade was 4.12 for hogan.  And a public service announcement to not attempt dispersal drafts through MFL’s chat function.  You only get 50 or so messages before they start to delete and then chaos ensues. 
You can get more by clicking on the expand chat icon, then going to the web address and changing it. By default it ends with &COUNT=40 but you can make that&COUNT=400 and it will show a lot more. I don't remember exactly how many lines it will save (and private chats between players count so it might only show you 100 public chats but it shows someone else the same 100 plus 20 private messages where they were working on a trade over pm) but you can see a lot more that way. 

Concept Coop said:

S. Watkins, Du. Johnson

for

AJ Green
I usually find myself preferring younger side of trades and the younger options give you a chance to really grow the value of this trade. If AJ Green rebounds he'll still be 30 and it's going to work against him  but if Sammy blew up his value would boom.

But I'd still take Green and be content riding him to his finish line if need be. Main reason is I just don't like to deal two players I don't know if I'd want to put in my starting lineup for a lineup fixture. Also I think despite his down year last season that AJ Green is going to age well, I think his style of play is going to play well for another 3-5 years. I'll just stay with that.

i wasn’t involved;

1.01, Funchess

for

1.03, 1.07, Allen Robinson, George Kittle

Team moving the 1.01 had no TEs to speak of so maybe Kittle was a bigger piece than normal. Initial reaction was it’s pretty fair.

14 team league, standard ppr scoring start 1qb 2 rbs 3wrs 1 te 2 flex

Team A give Antonio Brown, Jack Doyle, and Lamar Miller

Team B gives 1.8, 1.10, 2.08, 2.13, George Kittle and Cooper Kupp

10-team PPR with IDP and deep rosters.  Not involved.

A gives 1.02

B gives 1.06, 2.04, 3.06, 2019 2nd (early), 2019 2nd (late), 2019 3rd (early)

Both teams are in a rebuild, especially team B.  B also owns 1.01.  

i wasn’t involved;

1.01, Funchess

for

Team moving the 1.01 had no TEs to speak of so maybe Kittle was a bigger piece than normal. Initial reaction was it’s pretty fair.
I like both Robinson and Kittle but I still take the 1.1 pretty easily

Unless I have a really strong roster and AB would put me over the top I take the picks and Kupp in most circumstances 

Concept Coop said:

S. Watkins, Du. Johnson

for

AJ Green
Green, but honestly think this will be close by the end of the year.

oldmanhawkins said:

Blount for 4.12 

exciting times!
Kupp

Bridge

Blount

i wasn’t involved;

1.01, Funchess

for

Fair but 1 and fun

Antonio but understandable

10-team PPR with IDP and deep rosters.  Not involved.

A gives 1.02

B gives 1.06, 2.04, 3.06, 2019 2nd (early), 2019 2nd (late), 2019 3rd (early)

Both teams are in a rebuild, especially team B.  B also owns 1.01.  
2 but that's a decent haul

A few trades in a 32 team idp league, ppr, QRWWWTFFK 11 starters on defense (players available twice)

Crabtree, Michael BAL WR for 2.31, 4.07

McKinney, Benardrick HOU LB; Schobert, Joe CLE LB; Smith, Jaylon DAL LB

For all of the other team's 2020 picks, 7 rounds, should be late.

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR; Wallace, Mike BAL WR for picks 4.09; 4.26; 6.26; 2019 3rd, probably mid.

Garoppolo, 6.28; 7.28 for Brady,  2.18

Johnson, David ARI RB for Tannehill, 2.08; 2.18; Year 2019 2nd; 2020 3rd

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB for Prosise, Tyreek 

I'll admit it here, the DJ trade made me :X

Users who are viewing this thread