What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

FF Ninja said:
You guys like that format? 14 spots... that's really thin for dynasty. Almost forces a studs and duds approach. And with 18 spots, 2nd round picks have almost no value and 3rd round picks are a total waste.
it is more 'keeprsty' than dynasty, you can't hold many guys and wait on them on your bench as it is dual flex and rosters are only 20. But in FFPC's defense it at least keeps the teams resellable when owners quit (admittedly at a discount), if it was full dynasty with larger rosters owners could completely wreck a team and the rebuild period would be like 5 years instead of 2 and nobody would ever buy them and the leagues would fold. Your points are valid but let me ask are you aware of high stakes successfull dynasty leagues somewhere where they have figured out the crappy owner/turnover situation? I am not aware of any so I play in FFPC

menobrown said:
What I'm big on with respect to the format is the 1.5 TE PPR and dual flex. I don't really want to play anything else. Really enjoy the different options that provides.

I sort of cut my teeth in dynasty with FFPC leagues so the smaller roster spots are more the norm for me, I think some people who are used to a different format might have a bigger issue. I'm in some private leagues which use FFPC scoring but allow slightly larger roster sizes and can't say it really makes much of a big deal to me either way.  I feel like I got tough cuts no matter what. One of my non-FFPC leagues has roster size of 22 and my cuts are just as difficult in that league next week as my FFPC leagues.

I still put a value on second round picks myself but as we get later into the rounds most of the time if the player does not impress in camp/preseason he never makes it to opening week I've cut a ton of good players, no telling how many good players I did not pick up because I chose to be patient and roster a high draft pick. Win some, lose some. It's a struggle managing the roster at times, but I think I sort of enjoy the format forcing people to make hard calls versus maybe a 22-25 man roster size which sometimes feels more like hording.
Isn't that the point? To hoard all the good players to create... a dynasty?  :P

To me, even 22 would feel small. I like large rosters even in redraft, though. Small rosters are a parity mechanism* just as much as weekly resetting waivers (groan - I played with both one year and literally every team was either 7-6 or 6-7), forcing good teams to leave good players on the wire for those in need. IMO, in dynasty, if you've got a hole in your lineup, you should be screwed until you make a trade. There shouldn't be any startable players on the WW. Which is also why I prefer more fixed lineup spots over flex. If it is down to a flex or nothing, I'll always go with the larger number of lineup spots, but fixed spots increase difficulty in roster composition. 

But I appreciate the explanations from everyone. Gives some more context when I see FFPC listed by trades. 

*Now that I think about it, this is a necessary evil for them since I've read they are really good about filling orphaned teams. Rebuilding in a format with shallow rosters and flexible starting lineups is MUCH easier than the formats I am used to. 

it is more 'keeprsty' than dynasty, you can't hold many guys and wait on them on your bench as it is dual flex and rosters are only 20. But in FFPC's defense it at least keeps the teams resellable when owners quit (admittedly at a discount), if it was full dynasty with larger rosters owners could completely wreck a team and the rebuild period would be like 5 years instead of 2 and nobody would ever buy them and the leagues would fold. Your points are valid but let me ask are you aware of high stakes successfull dynasty leagues somewhere where they have figured out the crappy owner/turnover situation? I am not aware of any so I play in FFPC
Ha, funny you should say that. I was definitely thinking it sounded more like a large keeper league than dynasty. 

ETA: No, I'm not aware of any high stakes dynasty leagues. I don't really play FF for money purposes, though. I like a relatively high buy just to keep people interested, but that's the only purpose of a buy in to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC

Team A Gave Mike Williams

Team B Gave 2.12, 2019 3rd (3.10-3.12)
agree with Williams easily, I've been trying to sell him on one of my teams that is fairly loaded and needs to cut to 16 and he doesn't seem like a guy that is sellable right now, I'd settle for 1.12 which I think is pretty cheap and right now best offers I get are more like 2.12 so I think you have to hold him for now

agree with Williams easily, I've been trying to sell him on one of my teams that is fairly loaded and needs to cut to 16 and he doesn't seem like a guy that is sellable right now, I'd settle for 1.12 which I think is pretty cheap and right now best offers I get are more like 2.12 so I think you have to hold him for now
Same here.  My leaguemates are all really down on him.  I don't get it - Parker, White, Coleman, Treadwell (etc.) all got a mulligan and had solid value going into their 2nd or 3rd seasons. Maybe the hobby is feeling burned and throwing the towel in early here.  Funny we're  not doing the same with Davis.

Im learning that I'm in the tiny minority, but I think it's reasonable to pay 70 - 80% of last years value.

12 team FFPC rules

Team A gives Paul Richardson, Rams D

Team B gives Chris Carson, Seahawks D
In FFPC I don't keep Richardson and SEA D I'd only keep if they were my only D-because you got to keep a D.

So this boils down to Rams D vs Carson. Carson looked legit last year, where he to seize a good workload I think he'll pay off but not sure he gets that. Rams additions already strong, they get Suh I'm putting them and Jags in their own tier.

All in all I"d rate the trade even but on majority of my  FFPC teams I'd take the Rams D and upgrade a starting position because Richardson is not a guy I'd keep on any team and Carson would struggle to make roster when cuts are due as well.

In FFPC I don't keep Richardson and SEA D I'd only keep if they were my only D-because you got to keep a D.

So this boils down to Rams D vs Carson. Carson looked legit last year, where he to seize a good workload I think he'll pay off but not sure he gets that. Rams additions already strong, they get Suh I'm putting them and Jags in their own tier.

All in all I"d rate the trade even but on majority of my  FFPC teams I'd take the Rams D and upgrade a starting position because Richardson is not a guy I'd keep on any team and Carson would struggle to make roster when cuts are due as well.
Yeah I don't think Carson is any more keepable than Richardson, and doubly bad with keeping Carson is it's possible (likely?) you'd end up using that spot on him a month before his value gets crushed by an incoming rookie anyway.

IDP, PPR, 32 teams (players available twice)

Builder gave Dez Bryant

Team trying to compete gave ASJ, pick #46 (23rd player) and a 2019 5th.  
Dez flipped. Along with a 19 2nd for Rico gathers and pick 1.27 (~14th player)

Ends up being ASJ, pick 46, 19 2nd and 5th for 1.27, Rico. 

12 team FFPC rules

I gave Richardson here. He was going to be cut. I have Fournette and McKinnon and a bunch of scrubs at RB. I'm taking a dart throw at Carson. If he doesn't pan out so be it. I don't give a rip about the defenses. They are weighted very light in this league. It's FFPC rules, mostly, but I can't speak to how the actual FFPC weighs their defensive scoring. 

On my list of 16 players that will make my first cut, Carson is replacing Tion Green. Seriously.

12 team PPR

Team A gets Julio, Dez

Team B gets 1.05, 1.10
Julio, competing or rebuilding that owner could have done better. 

12 team FFPC rules

Carson/SEA, P-Rich I am more convinced than Carson is JAG. 

Matt's Eagles said:
12 team PPR

Team A gets Aaron Rodgers, Devante Parker

Team B gets Drew Brees, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant
I’ll fade and take the trio here. I think Martavis looks to be a free chip here. 

FreeBaGeL said:
FFPC is RB and TE heavy so I think this is closer than it appears at first glance, but I would still take Hill. 
Still not close as Eifert hasn’t been reliable to his owners in years. Someone sold incredibly low on Hill, very poor trade and I’m an owner that prefers to always start two TEs in the format. 

I gave Richardson here. He was going to be cut. I have Fournette and McKinnon and a bunch of scrubs at RB. I'm taking a dart throw at Carson. If he doesn't pan out so be it. I don't give a rip about the defenses. They are weighted very light in this league. It's FFPC rules, mostly, but I can't speak to how the actual FFPC weighs their defensive scoring. 

On my list of 16 players that will make my first cut, Carson is replacing Tion Green. Seriously.
Man, that would have had to be in running for worst keeper in all of the FFPC. An updgrade was necessary and good time to be shopping for one.

On the D. In FFPC scoring the Rams were #3 last year and right around 2 points a game over the #6-7 ranked D's and around 4 fantasy points from #12 D.  D is not easy to predict but if that holds up you are looking at 2-4 points a game vs average to lower end starting D's. That seems small but I'd not totally be so dismissive. I could easily see that impacting VP allotment several weeks during the season.

12 teams, ppr

gave: Funchess

got: Agholor, Perine

Funchess has never been I talent I liked. He’s the wr1 in Carolina (is he?) at the moment. But I expect that to change and don’t see a high ceiling. I see him and Agholor as equals (wr4’s) and like the gamble with Perine (rb3 with upside barring WAS taking a rb early). 

Thoughts?

12 teams, ppr

Funchess has never been I talent I liked. He’s the wr1 in Carolina (is he?) at the moment. But I expect that to change and don’t see a high ceiling. I see him and Agholor as equals (wr4’s) and like the gamble with Perine (rb3 with upside barring WAS taking a rb early). 

Thoughts?
I'd rank Funchess and Agholor about the same so may as well go with your preference. Gruden has said that improving at RB was a big priority this offseason so I do not hold out high hopes for Perine, however, but since you got him for basically free that's no big deal.

12 teams, ppr

Thoughts?
Funchess for me 

Man, that would have had to be in running for worst keeper in all of the FFPC. An updgrade was necessary and good time to be shopping for one.

On the D. In FFPC scoring the Rams were #3 last year and right around 2 points a game over the #6-7 ranked D's and around 4 fantasy points from #12 D.  D is not easy to predict but if that holds up you are looking at 2-4 points a game vs average to lower end starting D's. That seems small but I'd not totally be so dismissive. I could easily see that impacting VP allotment several weeks during the season.
I've had a lot of success picking up elite defenses during the season. I agree with your point, though. I just don't think it should stop me from making a deal most times. 

I don't really see the upside in Agholor.  We just saw him play on one of the top offenses in the league with both of the team's better receiving options either banged up or missing some time and he finished with 62-768-8, which was good for basically a touchdown dependent WR3 (WR28 in ppg).

Given that I expect a healthy Alshon and healthy Ertz to command more targets next year, I'm not seeing where some big bump in production is going to come for Agholor.  

I am not a Funchess fan but at least he's a dart with upside.  Olsen possibly thinking about retirement and Cam has the occasional good passing season, and he just outscored Agholor despite Benjamin being there for half the year.

Bottom line is Funchess just outproduced Agholor in Cam's worst passing year with Benjamin there half the year.  I would expect Carolina's passing numbers and Funchess' share of them could both improve this year.  Agholor meanwhile was already behind Funchess in an offense that is probably near peaking and will probaby see his target share decrease this year.

Bottom line is Funchess just outproduced Agholor in Cam's worst passing year with Benjamin there half the year. 
I actually agree with most of your post and you changed my mind a bit on the deal, but is it possible that was Cam's worst passing season because Funchess was his best option in the passing game?

I actually agree with most of your post and you changed my mind a bit on the deal, but is it possible that was Cam's worst passing season because Funchess was his best option in the passing game?
It's certainly possible.  Tough to get a read on it by looking at Cam's splits pre and post Benjamin trade.  After Benjamin left Newton's completion percentage and YPA both dropped fairly significantly with Funchess as the lead WR.  On the flip side his TD/INT ratio and QB rating were both much better after Benjamin left with Funchess as the only guy.

Funchess' post-Benji trade numbers prorate out to 60-966-10 over 16 games.  Not great but works out to about a mid WR2 (WR20 in ppg), and remember Funchess wasn't a WR until his last year in school so he could still be figuring it out.

Like I said, I'm not really a fan of either but Funchess has more upside to me, and it seems more attainable for him.

Funchess is 23 years old. Aghalor is only 24. They both have room to grow. Aghalor *looked* a lot better to me last year than in his previous years. He definitely took a major step forward. But his share is not likely to increase. 

Funchess helped me win a couple leagues last year so I guess I'm biased. I don't imagine that his is the WR roster spot the Panthers might try to replace or upgrade.  

This one is really a toss up for me but I am a sucker for the tall red zone WRs that also get possession targets between the 20s. I just feel there is more fantasy opportunity for Funchess than Aghalor but I think it's very close. Perrine doesn't move it for me.

Are you saying you were going to keep Tion Green over Richardson before this trade?   Am I missing something here?

Are you saying you were going to keep Tion Green over Richardson before this trade?   Am I missing something here?
No no. We're required to have a minimum of 3 RBs at all times. So now Carson will be my 3rd RB instead of Tion. At least until the rookie draft. No I would certainly not keep Tion over Rich. I'm not that crazy. Only a little crazy.

No no. We're required to have a minimum of 3 RBs at all times. So now Carson will be my 3rd RB instead of Tion. At least until the rookie draft. No I would certainly not keep Tion over Rich. I'm not that crazy. Only a little crazy.
Got it.   Good trade for you.    I know you say "FFPC rules" but not FFPC.   I think FFPC only requires you to protect 2 RB's so that was what was confusing me.

I have Olsen, Njoku, Seals-Jones. You can start 3 TE's in FFPC leagues with the TE premium scoring. 
Good move...Olsen-Njoku-Burton is a real nice trio and if Burton is the real deal it covers you should Olsen suddenly retire this year or next...

Richardson isn't a guy you're ever gonna kick yourself for trading.  He might put up 900/6 or something but who cares.  Those guys are a dime a dozen and don't really help your team.  

Does not compute.

14 team PPR

Team A gets: OBJ

Team B gets: DJ, 2019 first (probably late)

Team A was very weak at RB and is fairly deep at WR, with Tyreek and Diggs now as their top WRs. I think I’d still take the OBJ side but not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread