What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

14 team PPR

Team A gets: OBJ

Team B gets: DJ, 2019 first (probably late)

Team A was very weak at RB and is fairly deep at WR, with Tyreek and Diggs now as their top WRs. I think I’d still take the OBJ side but not sure.
Interesting one.  I would not be confident in Tyreek and Diggs as my top2 WR's with the massive changes about to come to both of those offenses.  I think I take OBJ here, but I'm not too confident on that call.  

I am not confident in David Johnson to pick up whee he left off with a new coach new qb and coming off an injury.  His biggest value was that he got a huge carry workload and huge receiving workload, will a different coach push him in his first year back from injury? Will a different qb throw it to him as well or as often? Will the offense be designed around getting him and fitz the ball, when fitz is on his last legs too?

I'll take obj side by a lot. 

I am not confident in David Johnson to pick up whee he left off with a new coach new qb and coming off an injury.  His biggest value was that he got a huge carry workload and huge receiving workload, will a different coach push him in his first year back from injury? Will a different qb throw it to him as well or as often? Will the offense be designed around getting him and fitz the ball, when fitz is on his last legs too?

I'll take obj side by a lot. 
Could you not say similar things about OBJ? New coach. Coming off injury....

Could you not say similar things about OBJ? New coach. Coming off injury....
Absolutely and his qb play is falling off too. But he's younger and has way more trade value right now.  You can literally pick any receiver you want and get something else added in. 

He's also got a much higher floor - even if the giants draft another receiver he's fine. If the cardinals draft a back, Johnson falls off a cliff in value.  If obj gets hurt again, you'll still get decent trade value for him like you do with Allen Robinson. If Johnson gets hurt you would get speculative rb2 value for him after back to back injuries. Etc.

Superflex, 0.5 PPR

1.02, 1.09, 3.11

for

Fournette, 2.05
1.9 is a premium pick in super flex, you'll get a top 5 rb, top 4 qb or top wr.  Will be a strong prospect regardless. 

1.2 is guice/Chubb/ top qb depending on your preference

2.5 is getting into the ok but not special receivers. 

I'll take the picks. I like Fournette but I don't think he's that much better than the top backs in this class

Gurley of course and even made the guy come off a 2019 second.
LOL yeah I made this point a few pages back, but it seems like every time there is one of these uneven trades the team getting worked over has to add a throw-in on top of the player they're already getting ripped off for.

It's gotta be some psychological thing.  I'm going to start making the other guy throw something in with every trade I offer even if it is already unbalanced in my favor.

LOL yeah I made this point a few pages back, but it seems like every time there is one of these uneven trades the team getting worked over has to add a throw-in on top of the player they're already getting ripped off for.

It's gotta be some psychological thing.  I'm going to start making the other guy throw something in with every trade I offer even if it is already unbalanced in my favor.
I offered him Goodwin, 1.04, 1.10, 2019 1st for Gurley....I revoked it thinking he'd decline since it wasn't enough and I was rethinking a deal.....out of the blue he sent me the offer I posted and hastily accepted  :shrug:

Somepick only trades I've made in last week or so in FFPC, sort of different directions I went in both trades:

Gave: 1.7, 2019 fairly random second

Got: 2.4, 2019 first should be top 6

I had a few reasons for making that deal that is pretty dialed down team specific but I maintain picks 2 and 3, anticipate being pretty deep at RB after those picks and how I view the WR class in this draft vs next years class was all part of the reasoning. I did wonder if I did not make the trade to soon, but it fit exact goal I was trying to find which was to get a high second(I did not have a pick from 7 to round 4) and get one of the better looking 2019 firsts so I moved vs risking losing getting the kind of deal I wanted which was staring right at me.

Gave: 2.3 and 2019 first(projected late)

Got: 1.5

I already have pick 4 so this gives me 4 and 5. Was not looking for this trade, was offered and I took it mainly because I was wondering if my earlier deal I did was good value for the 1.7 and here I was paying what I viewed as considerably less for better first round picks, with the way I see the 2019 picks going as bigger than 5 over 7.

12 Tm PPR - 6 pt passing TDS - Q-RR-WW-T-FF

Gave: 2.02, Trubisky
Got: Brady

Gave: Hunt, Cobb, Westbrook
Got: Engram, JuJu

I honestly don't love the value in either deal, but I had a logjam at RB and no startable QB or TE. 1 point per 20 passing yards, so QBs score a lot. 

Q-Brady
R-Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, Cook
W-Evans, JuJu, Tate
T-Engram

Last edited by a moderator:

I honestly don't love the value in either deal, but I had a logjam at RB and no startable QB or TE. 1 point per 20 passing yards, so QBs score a lot. 

Q-Brady
W-Evans, JuJu, Tate
T-Engram
I don't like either deal for you in a vacuum, but they make sense for your team.

My leagues have been DEAD with trades lately and it's crazy annoying.  I was happy to see one that happened today.

10 team 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr

Team A got:  1.02

Team B got:  Funchess, Brissett, 1.07 and 3.06

I know for a fact team B is a Panthers/NC State fan, and also believes Luck won't return to form so take that into consideration when you evaluate.  

My leagues have been DEAD with trades lately and it's crazy annoying.  I was happy to see one that happened today.

I know for a fact team B is a Panthers/NC State fan, and also believes Luck won't return to form so take that into consideration when you evaluate.  
1.02 by a lot for me. 

The format makes 1.7 a lot more interesting given there's 5 QB who are worth that pick. It also makes 3.6 more interesting given the TE and QB could push down a worthwhile player. I don't feel good enough about Guice to turn down this deal. Granted I like Funchess a little bit.

16 Team 1PPR

Team A: AJ Green

Team B: 1.09, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd
Could go either way depending on your plan.

12 tm idp ppr

Team A gave: 1.04, 1.10, 2019 1st (late), Prosise

Team B gave: 2019 2nd, Gurley
:wall:

Q-Brady
W-Evans, JuJu, Tate
T-Engram
Really don't like the first one value wise but if you're all in for 18, ok.  2nd trade is fine. Like you and FBagel said, they make sense for your team.

Could go either way depending on your plan.

:wall:

Really don't like the first one value wise but if you're all in for 18, ok.  2nd trade is fine. Like you and FBagel said, they make sense for your team.
Derp. In my head I’ve always read it “freeba-jel”, not “free bagel”, and of course that’s a picture of a bagel.....never put it together or paid much attention...derp indeed. 

...you have to be overwhelmed to deal a player like Bell
Speaking of which, saw this one go down in FFPC league of mine last night:

Team A gave: Bell

Team B gave: McCoy and Baldwin

All I can say is a lesson was reinforced and to maybe add something to Bell's market right now.

On Bell's value. The owner has held Bell for years and resisted my attempts to pry him away repeatedly. He posted  on league MB about a week ago he was now  looking to move Bell, wanted two starting RB's and/or QB upgrade. Since he did not gain roster space on this trade it made no sense for him to move on this offer, but what it does suggest is that after a week of posting he was available this was the best offer he could get.

The lesson I learned is even when you don't have what a guy is asking for sometimes it does not hurt to make and offer and see. I have a bunch of good young starting RB's, RB's I prefer straight up over Bell and for sure would not give up 2 of them but that's not what he got back either. I was not really looking to buy Bell because I assumed his cost was top 5 type overall cost. I assumed wrong.

Speaking of which, saw this one go down in FFPC league of mine last night:

Team A gave: Bell

Team B gave: McCoy and Baldwin

All I can say is a lesson was reinforced and to maybe add something to Bell's market right now.

On Bell's value. The owner has held Bell for years and resisted my attempts to pry him away repeatedly. He posted  on league MB about a week ago he was now  looking to move Bell, wanted two starting RB's and/or QB upgrade. Since he did not gain roster space on this trade it made no sense for him to move on this offer, but what it does suggest is that after a week of posting he was available this was the best offer he could get.

The lesson I learned is even when you don't have what a guy is asking for sometimes it does not hurt to make and offer and see. I have a bunch of good young starting RB's, RB's I prefer straight up over Bell and for sure would not give up 2 of them but that's not what he got back either. I was not really looking to buy Bell because I assumed his cost was top 5 type overall cost. I assumed wrong.
Yup...you always need to stay active...you just never know...sometimes an Owner just maybe in the mood to make a deal...the thing I do a lot is call the other Owner when I have interest in making a deal with him...much easier to see where his head is at as well as get a handle on how he actually values a player on their team as well as mine...much more difficult to do that thru text/email or a deal sent via the league web-site...

As for that deal...I hate when I see a deal and it just doesn't make sense...what reason does Owner B have to make that deal...is his strategy to get older at RB and add a WR that while productive is pretty much still an enigma at age 29...how do you convince yourself that this is a great return for an elite RB...

What the hell is going on with all these terrible Bell trades?
I don't know about IDP tiered PPR value, but I own Bell in three standard PPR leagues and have been trying to move him for the last two years with no success - have yet to get what I consider a serious offer in any of them. My feeling it is better to hold than make trades like this, but perhaps some Bell owners feel otherwise.

His injury was a wrist injury.
How do ligament tears in the wrist that cause a running back to miss a full session usually heal?   His game is dependent on volume carries and catching a lot of footballs, so it's a pretty important question.

I know the range of motion in his wrist was bad enough that he couldn't come back when his team was hovering near .500 in late November and his coach was ready to retire  I know he still had stitches  in December.  I know his doctors told him recovery from his injury was "unpredictable".

I'm not ready to write all that off because it was "only" a wrist injury .

I don't know about IDP tiered PPR value, but I own Bell in three standard PPR leagues and have been trying to move him for the last two years with no success - have yet to get what I consider a serious offer in any of them. My feeling it is better to hold than make trades like this, but perhaps some Bell owners feel otherwise.
Why are you trying to trade him?

Why are you trying to trade him?
In a couple leagues he is the only chess piece I have of any value, I have been wanting to use him to get the pieces to rebuild since I have had no success trying to build around him with draft picks and players off the waiver wire.

12 Teams, 1 PPR, 24 roster spots w/ 4 Taxi spots. Annual 4 round rookie draft.  QB/2-3 RB/3-4 WR/1-2 TE 1 D/ST

Team 1 gave up:

Foreman, D'Onta; Brown, Antonio WR; Humphries, Adam WR; 2018 2.07 and 4.05

Team 2 gave up: 

Collins, Alex RB; Evans, Mike WR; Chiefs, Kansas City Def; 2018 2.04

Users who are viewing this thread