What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

DT still has a few solid years left, and I think puts up points more consistently than agholor. Agholor has some nice games but is kind of splash play td dependent wr3/flex guy where I see DT as a wr2 even with Bad qb play. Sure he’s not hitting the ceilings he had with manning. But last year is basically his floor imo. If you want the extra years fine, but if I have a 2-3 year window to compete give me DT.
I'm just surprised this trade prompted a lengthy discussion.

FreeBaGeL said:
Yeah it's certainly possible that Hyde outscores Ingram and Agholor outscores DT but neither I would say is likely.

Hyde is now stuck in a similar situation to Ingram with a good pass catching back in town, but on a much worse offense with a much smaller pie to divy up between the RBs.  DT outscored Agholor last year and Agholor's situation stayed the same while DT's has improved.

All that said, I'd take the Hyde/picks side, but I could see someone prefering the other side if they're looking to make a run.
And there's a fairly decent chance the Browns add a RB that further cuts into Hyde's production - and if that's Barkley it would be a disaster for Hyde.

FFPC this happened in March but I didn't notice until today.

2019 2nd round

DeMarco Murray

Malcomn Mitchell

Sanu

for

Devonta Freeman

Diggs

2019 1st round

1.01 if assuming mid round picks for the 2019s
It's not a good team but in FFPC you play for your pick so while they may end up as one of the worst teams that could still end up as pick 4 or pick 6 next year.

Stafford (Det)

Winston (TB)

Collins (Bal)

D-Murray

Carson (Sea)

Booker (Den)

Funchess (Car)

Jackson (TB)

Meridith (Chi)

Davis (Tenn)

Henderson (Den)

Reynolds (LA)

Doyle (Ind)

Hooper (Atl)

Lutz (NO)

Philadelphia

Freeman was trading in my 16 IDP league this year for the 2.08 pick and a future 2019 2nd which will likely be very late and Braxton Miller.  Freeman doesn't seem to carry the same kind of weight you think he does in startups.  The time share and a not so great 2017 season has taking some shine off him.

This trade was super cheap but mainly because he was franchised (you get 2 max then they are RFA) still I would have taken my chances to keep Freeman and franchise next year and hope for a better offer or let him become a RFA in a couple years but to each their own.

FFPC this happened in March but I didn't notice until today.

2019 2nd round

DeMarco Murray

Malcomn Mitchell

Sanu

for

Devonta Freeman

Diggs

2019 1st round
Since the future 1st is basically guaranteed non playoff (which makes this deal odd for him), the value is fine but I am not high on Freeman or Diggs.  I would not have made this deal and instead looked for other players/picks.

The dude who just traded away the 1.01 is absolutely abysmal, and should have traded the #1 for picks and future picks, not guys like Freeman.  Diggs I can see but Freeman makes no sense for him.  

12 team PPR, 24 man rosters, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F

Team A gave up Ertz and 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick
Team B gave up Foreman, Riddick, Brate, 2018 Draft Pick 2.08, and 2018 Draft Pick 4.08

One other piece of information: Team A was 3-10 with 10 victory points in 2017, second worst in the league in both, and its first pick in the 2018 draft is 2.08.

My team is not involved. This is trade rape IMO.

Team B gave up Foreman, Riddick, Brate, 2018 Draft Pick 2.08, and 2018 Draft Pick 4.08

One other piece of information: Team A was 3-10 with 10 victory points in 2017, second worst in the league in both, and its first pick in the 2018 draft is 2.08.

Team A looks consistent.

easily a trade that should be reversed.  silly

Turrible 

Wouldn't trade Ertz or a high 19 1st for that package.

Wouldn't trade Ertz or a high 19 1st for that package.
Do people know Miller is still in Houston? I know we all expected him to be cut, but he wasn’t. I’m seeing all these foreman trades, I don’t get it. Terrible Achilles injury, and still has Miller there to at least take some work. People are acting like he’s the starter and slated for 300 touches.

Yeah that's terrible Team B is getting the two most valuable assets by far - and the pieces he is getting back will not help him much, if at all.

Do people know Miller is still in Houston? I know we all expected him to be cut, but he wasn’t. I’m seeing all these foreman trades, I don’t get it. Terrible Achilles injury, and still has Miller there to at least take some work. People are acting like he’s the starter and slated for 300 touches.
I think it's possible that Foreman is a career backup after that injury (I think his ability was a bit over-rated before the injury) - Houston could easily draft a RB.

Is there any league chatter about this? I would love to hear how Team A thinks this makes him team better. He significantly downgrades at TE and adds two depth level RBs (I suppose he could believe Foreman will be productive, but even a believer would have to admit there is a lot of risk).

When that 2019 1st ends up in the top 3 again, this will seem even worse.

Is there any league chatter about this? I would love to hear how Team A thinks this makes him team better. He significantly downgrades at TE and adds two depth level RBs (I suppose he could believe Foreman will be productive, but even a believer would have to admit there is a lot of risk).

When that 2019 1st ends up in the top 3 again, this will seem even worse.
I left out one piece of information that I should have included. Team A was abandoned this offseason, and this owner took it over at a discounted rate for the first two years. This owner is new to the league and unknown to me. He has now made four trades within his first week owning the team. Here they are, in order:

Team A gave up Alex Collins and 2018 Draft Pick 2.02
Team C gave up Aaron Jones and 2018 Draft Pick 4.04

Team A gave up Tevin Coleman and 2018 Draft Pick 1.10
Team D gave up Ty Montgomery and Devante Parker

Team A gave up Zach Ertz and 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick (and dropped Jonathan Williams and Damien Williams to clear room)
Team B gave up Donta Foreman, Theo Riddick, Cameron Brate, 2018 Draft Pick 2.08, and 2018 Draft Pick 4.08

Team A gave up Martavis Bryant and 2018 Draft Pick 2.08
Team C gave up 2018 Draft Pick 2.02

My team was not involved in any of those trades.

I mentioned that the team he took over was second to last in record and victory points last season, but did not mention he was last in points scored. His roster is truly awful - he will probably start most/all of the players he obtained in those trades on a regular basis. He currently has these 2018 draft picks: 2.02, 3.02, 3.10, 4.02, 4.04, and 4.08. Sadly, I expect that 2019 first rounder he gave up will end up being 1.01.

I have not seen any league chatter on this, but this is a league that typically is not very active in the offseason, and I don't recall any real chatter over any trades in the past, though I suspect his Ertz trade was the worst trade in league history, without looking back.

Not sure but if these trades have gone down in last month or few weeks I'd assume it's because Texans signed no one in FA and their take away from O"Briens comments regarding Foreman he made at the owners meeting a few weeks ago was a positive one.  Just my guess, I'm not writing him off but he's not someone I own or trying to own.

I left out one piece of information that I should have included. Team A was abandoned this offseason, and this owner took it over at a discounted rate for the first two years. This owner is new to the league and unknown to me. He has now made four trades within his first week owning the team. Here they are, in order:

Team A gave up Alex Collins and 2018 Draft Pick 2.02
Team C gave up Aaron Jones and 2018 Draft Pick 4.04

Team A gave up Tevin Coleman and 2018 Draft Pick 1.10
Team D gave up Ty Montgomery and Devante Parker

Team A gave up Zach Ertz and 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick (and dropped Jonathan Williams and Damien Williams to clear room)
Team B gave up Donta Foreman, Theo Riddick, Cameron Brate, 2018 Draft Pick 2.08, and 2018 Draft Pick 4.08

Team A gave up Martavis Bryant and 2018 Draft Pick 2.08
Team C gave up 2018 Draft Pick 2.02

My team was not involved in any of those trades.

I mentioned that the team he took over was second to last in record and victory points last season, but did not mention he was last in points scored. His roster is truly awful - he will probably start most/all of the players he obtained in those trades on a regular basis. He currently has these 2018 draft picks: 2.02, 3.02, 3.10, 4.02, 4.04, and 4.08. Sadly, I expect that 2019 first rounder he gave up will end up being 1.01.

I have not seen any league chatter on this, but this is a league that typically is not very active in the offseason, and I don't recall any real chatter over any trades in the past, though I suspect his Ertz trade was the worst trade in league history, without looking back.
He lost every trade.

He lost every trade.
yep, badly. the only one you could argue on his behalf is the last one (and I'd still take Bryant and 2.08). The rest are horribly bad.

The worst part is he was given this team at a discount which should enable him to go full rebuild - yet he's making the team even worse while killing it's future.

Dr. Octopus said:
Slider said:
He lost every trade.
yep, badly. the only one you could argue on his behalf is the last one (and I'd still take Bryant and 2.08). The rest are horribly bad.

The worst part is he was given this team at a discount which should enable him to go full rebuild - yet he's making the team even worse while killing it's future.
Just completed another one:

Team A gave up Garoppolo
Team B (same as in Ertz trade) gave up 2018 Draft Pick 2.10, 2018 Draft Pick 3.04, and Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.08

The only position of strength Team A had when this new owner took over was at QB, where he had Brees, Ryan, and Garoppolo. This is a league that does not value QB much at all, so it is typically difficult to trade them for anything of value. On the one hand, trading a QB for picks with his roster made sense, but, on the other hand, I would have wanted to trade one of the other QBs, if possible.

He now has 9 2018 draft picks: 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04, 3.08, 3.10, 4.02, 4.04, and 4.08. Unfortunately for him, his roster is poor enough that most of those picks might make his final roster entering the season.

2 trades that went down recently ( not involved)

12 team ppr (qrwwwfkd)

team a - Garoppolo, engram, 1.10, 2.3

team b -1.4 and treadwell

team c - Brady

team d - 2.11, 3.11 gilleslie 

12 team super flex (qqrwwwffkd) not involved

team a - 1.8, 2.8

team b - mike Williams, 19 1st, 2nd, 3rd (mid to low)

team a - 1.6

team c - rothesberger

Last edited by a moderator:
Just completed another one:

Team A gave up Garoppolo
Team B (same as in Ertz trade) gave up 2018 Draft Pick 2.10, 2018 Draft Pick 3.04, and Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.08

The only position of strength Team A had when this new owner took over was at QB, where he had Brees, Ryan, and Garoppolo. This is a league that does not value QB much at all, so it is typically difficult to trade them for anything of value. On the one hand, trading a QB for picks with his roster made sense, but, on the other hand, I would have wanted to trade one of the other QBs, if possible.

He now has 9 2018 draft picks: 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04, 3.08, 3.10, 4.02, 4.04, and 4.08. Unfortunately for him, his roster is poor enough that most of those picks might make his final roster entering the season.
Maybe if one of us picks for him......

If we're just talking value then sure, but it looks like the guy trading for DT was looking for production, not a guy he can trade away 2 years from now.

DT's past elite production is likely gone, but I don't think his past "very good" production necessarily is.  He's had a revolving door of terrible QBs and has still been pretty solid.  If Keenum plays well I could easily see him as a high WR2 or low WR1 for a few years.

I don't love the upside with Agholor.  Everything broke right last year with an offense clicking on all cylinders, Alshon playing hurt, and Ertz missing some time yet Agholor still only put together 62-768 as a TD dependent WR3 in his "breakout".  Any of those things could regress next year and impact Agholor negatively.  The offense regressing, Alshon getting healthy and demanding a bigger target share, or Ertz staying healthy all year.  Even if none of them do, we already saw what he was good for even with those things breaking well for him, and it wasn't much.
I would not really want DT or Agholor, but I find the discussion interesting.

I think it is worth noting that DT is gone after this year, so there's a lot of uncertainty surrounding him. Is Keenum actually good? I don't think so, but we don't know for sure. Where will DT go in 2019 and how much will he command as a 31 yo FA with a limited route tree? Can we really count on 140 targets/year going forward? If he sees a dip in targets, he goes from (PPR) WR2 to easily replaceable WR3 in fantasy. He's already a WR3 in non-PPR.

As for Agholor, I think too much is being made of Alshon's injury. It's not like he was playing with a gimpy hamstring and not getting open. Lots of guys play through shoulder injuries. It shouldn't impact his target load or ability to catch the ball, so I see it as a total nonfactor. If he was playing with a gimpy leg muscle, high ankle sprain, or broken fingers, sure. But a shoulder injury doesn't matter. It's just a pain tolerance thing. And even if it did matter, is anyone comfortable projecting 16 healthy games for Alshon??

Unlike Alshon, he didn't greatly benefit the two games that Ertz was out. But he did seem like the flukiest player to me. He had 58 and 72 yard TDs. I wouldn't count on that happening again from the slot. Speaking of which, he seems like an odd fit in the slot, given that he gets alligator arms whenever he feels contact coming (maybe that's just my perception) but Wallace was signed to play on the outside, so Agholor will probably remain in the slot. I would not want to start Agholor as my WR3, but I can see why people might get excited about him. He appears on his way to a breakout. I'm just skeptical that it ever happens.

I'm just surprised this trade prompted a lengthy discussion.
It's the offseason.  :bag:

12 team PPR with large rosters and taxi squad. Salary cap $500

Demaryius thomas($40) and 2019 2nd (will be late)

For

2.03, 3.01, 3.06, 5.02

Last edited by a moderator:

For

2.03, 3.01, 3.06, 5.02

Unless I'm not understanding the salary cap enough, Demaryius easily here.  
I'll take the picks. The 19 2nd is worth less than the 3rds and 5th. I can see preferring DT to the 2.03 but depends on your plans. Also, $40 for DT seems like a lot if it's IDP.  If not, perhaps not.

For

2.03, 3.01, 3.06, 5.02
I'd jump at chance to unload  8% of my cap and getting valuable picks in a league with taxi squads and larger rosters for a older possession WR who has been on the decline for over 2 seasons.

2 trades that went down recently ( not involved)

12 team ppr (qrwwwfkd)

team a - Garoppolo, engram, 1.10, 2.3

team b -1.4 and treadwell

team c - Brady

team d - 2.11, 3.11 gilleslie 
I don't get the 1st trade.  You could argue that the 1.04 and the 1.10 are almost in the same tier, and you give up a top-5 TE, a top-12 QB and the 2.03 to do it?  It makes no sense.

The 2nd trade is okay if Brady owner is in a rebuild as you can get one of the rookie QBs at 2.11, otherwise you may as well hold him and ride Brady into retirement. 

I don't get the 1st trade.  You could argue that the 1.04 and the 1.10 are almost in the same tier, and you give up a top-5 TE, a top-12 QB and the 2.03 to do it?  It makes no sense.
Say what now?  The draft can change things but right now the 1.04 is a good 2 tiers ahead of 1.10.

I agree it was probably an overpay for the team moving up, but 1.10 to 1.04 seems like a pretty substantial move this year.

Say what now?  The draft can change things but right now the 1.04 is a good 2 tiers ahead of 1.10.

I agree it was probably an overpay for the team moving up, but 1.10 to 1.04 seems like a pretty substantial move this year.
I agree. You’re guaranteed one of Guice, Chubb, Michel, or even Penny at 4. Huge drop after that IMO.

Adams is not a guy I would be targeting until after the NFL Draft shakes out. Green Bay was linked to ARob & Watkins in the offseason and a lot of mock drafters seem convinced they will be adding an early round WR in the draft. They obviously have holes elsewhere too, but with a new GM,  Nelson gone, and Cobb in the last year of an expensive contract, drafting a WR no later than the 2nd or 3rd round is a distinct possibility.

Adams is not a guy I would be targeting until after the NFL Draft shakes out. Green Bay was linked to ARob & Watkins in the offseason and a lot of mock drafters seem convinced they will be adding an early round WR in the draft. They obviously have holes elsewhere too, but with a new GM,  Nelson gone, and Cobb in the last year of an expensive contract, drafting a WR no later than the 2nd or 3rd round is a distinct possibility.
I'd like to unload Adams for a good return but the Packers` interest in WRs isnt related to Adams, IMO.

Beyond he and Cobb the cupboard is pretty bare. They're looking for someone to complement Adams. I don't think any addition would mean subtraction for Adams.

FFPC $500 Dynasty League, TE premium.

I traded TE Hunter Henry

for

RB Mark Ingram

WR Keelan Cole

Thus far in this league’s off-season, I’ve traded WR AJ Green, RB Devonta Freeman, and TE Hunter Henry. 

I’ve acquired 2018 1.6, 2.7, 2.9, RB Mark Ingram, WR Robert Woods, WR Will Fuller,  WR Keelan Cole, TE Jack Doyle and a 2019 1st round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread