Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

12 tm PPR - RBs get an extra .25 per carry.  Made the following trade - 

Gave: Evans, McKinnon, 2019 2nd

Got: CMC, T.Hill

My team now:

Winston, Keenum, Taylor

Gurley, CMC, R.Freeman, Gio, D.Martin

AB, Cooks, T.Hill, DT, Hogan

Kelce, Engram, Brate

I have 1.11 and OTC the right now (likely going Kirk)

 

I know Evans is a stud but I'm not sold on McKinnon despite all the hype.  And I love CMC to pair with Gurley for the next few years...for reference, CMC and Hill both outscored Evans in this league by over 50 pts last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1823

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1132

  • FreeBaGeL

    1035

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Interesting take that I didn't consider.  Most of the time I want guys that hold their elite level value or increase in value.  Just philosophy I guess.  I don't see that happening with someone like McKinnon.  I'm just using him as an example but there are other guys that follow that same path.  It's very possible he holds the value if he produces but it's not an elite level value that you'd have to pay multiple 1sts for.  At least I don't think?  Sounds like a very fine line with tons of risk involved so in most cases it doesn't seem like a smart deal to make.  

Yeah, in a vacuum you obviously want more dynasty trade value over less dynasty trade value, but there are going to be certain players that just outperform their trade value and those are the guys you ride until retirement*. And if you trade for one of those guys at their going rate, you just lost trade value, but you may have gained lineup points. And in the case of this trade, maybe that guy had a gaping hole at RB2 behind Kamara and this was the best 2-for-1 trade he could find. Sometimes you have to overpay when you have a need but the market of 11 other FF owners doesn't meet outside consensus. 

*Kind of like when you retire and buy what you expect is your last home. Assuming you are old so your tax rate is fixed, you don't really care if the value of the land goes up or down. That's where you are going to be regardless. McKinnon is 26 on a 4-year deal. That guy is probably going to ride McKinnon until he loses his job or retires. If McKinnon overperforms but doesn't see a dynasty value bump due to age or whatever, it doesn't matter since he wasn't going to trade him anyway.. unless McKinnon's value somehow leapfrogged his expected performance after one year, which is rare since RBs tend to lose significant trade value around age 27.

Basically if you trade for any RB at age 26/27, you must be planning to be in it for the long haul... so what you're paying for is expected performance, not expected trade value.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 8:45 PM, barackdhouse said:

I own Kamara and love him. If he has a 2nd season like his 1st, then I think this trade is close to even. If he regresses at all the 2 back side wins big. 

If Kamara has a 2nd season like his first then the Kamara side wins this in a massive landslide imo. 

Regression is already built into Kamara's value, and clearly was in this trade. He scored almost as many points as a rookie as Zeke did as a rookie but his value is much less than Zeke's was because of that expected regression. 

If that regression doesn't happen and he has another season like his rookie year his value will be in the zeke/Gurley tier and 1.7/mckinnon will seem like pennies. 

 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, gabes1919 said:

12 team PPR SF

Gave: Hilton, Dalton, 2019 3rd

Got: Gallup, R Freeman, 2019 1st

I figure there is not better time to pounce on those 2019 picks and while I love Hilton, I think Gallup is a target hog in year 1 and could probably flip him if nothing else. Team needed reliable RB help as my current stable was Guice, J Williams, Blount, Powell and Hines. Starting WRs now Adams, Diggs and some combo of Lee, Anderson, Cobb, and Gallup

I don't see any need to justify this one, I would trade one 1st for Hilton (although appears his owners won't sell for that), but that's basically trading 3 of them for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

Arob by a ton

This is close for me. I’d probably lean Arob simply because there doesn’t seem to be a WR of his caliber in this draft but not drafting until August... that is quite the wrinkle. That makes your 1.05 so much more valuable when you have a much clearer image of how guys are fitting in. It’s close

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty happy with this one, despite the risk I feel is involved (definitely not sold on Devante Parker as ever living up to his draft slot). That said, based on the value I was seeing for Parker in trade calculators, etc, I think I made out pretty well. This is the league where I overpaid to get Saquon pre-draft (sent DJ and Diggs).

12 Team PPR with boosted RB scoring. Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLEX

RBs get 0.15 pts per rushing yard and .08 pts per rushing attempt. TEs get an extra .25 pts per reception on top of the 1 pt everyone gets.

 

I gave: Samaje Perine, Taywan Taylor, George Kittle, 3.05, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

I get: Wayne Gallman, Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Trey Burton

 

This should give me an ideal starting lineup of:

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Saquon, Joe Mixon, Sony Michel, Derrick Henry

WR: Adam Thielen, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker

TE: Evan Engram

Reserves: Marshawn Lynch, Ameer Abdullah, Michael Crabtree, Desean Jackson, Allen Hurns, Tyrell Williams, Christian Kirk, Trey Burton, ASJ, Austin Hooper, Rico Gathers, Trubisky

----

I really wasn't feeling safe with my WR3 situation after trading Diggs, and I sent out literally dozens of offers before I got this one to bite. I'm hoping my ability to start 4 decent or better RBs will take me pretty far and the 2019 picks will be late.

 

Edited by mcintyre1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Pretty happy with this one, despite the risk I feel is involved (definitely not sold on Devante Parker as ever living up to his draft slot). That said, based on the value I was seeing for Parker in trade calculators, etc, I think I made out pretty well. This is the league where I overpaid to get Saquon pre-draft (sent DJ and Diggs).

12 Team PPR with boosted RB scoring. Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLEX

RBs get 0.15 pts per rushing yard and .08 pts per rushing attempt. TEs get an extra .25 pts per reception on top of the 1 pt everyone gets.

 

I gave: Samaje Perine, Taywan Taylor, George Kittle, 3.05, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd

I get: Wayne Gallman, Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Trey Burton

 

This should give me an ideal starting lineup of:

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Saquon, Joe Mixon, Sony Michel, Derrick Henry

WR: Adam Thielen, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker

TE: Evan Engram

Reserves: Marshawn Lynch, Ameer Abdullah, Michael Crabtree, Desean Jackson, Allen Hurns, Tyrell Williams, Christian Kirk, Trey Burton, ASJ, Austin Hooper, Rico Gathers, Trubisky

----

I really wasn't feeling safe with my WR3 situation after trading Diggs, and I sent out literally dozens of offers before I got this one to bite. I'm hoping my ability to start 4 decent or better RBs will take me pretty far and the 2019 picks will be late.

 

I really prefer what you gave. Your ideal lineup looks like a contender but probably not a top 3 team because your WRs are likely below average.

I have Kittle and Burton as a wash. Taylor, Perine, 3.5 for Gallman, Crabtree sounds about right. Which means Parker for 2019 1 & 2 which is a big no thanks. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team ppr QB / 2RB / 3WR / TE / FL

 

Team A gave up

McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB;

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR;

Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.10

Team B gave up

Collins, Alex BAL RB;

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR;

Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A (mid to late)

Edited by Dr. Octopus
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

I really prefer what you gave. Your ideal lineup looks like a contender but probably not a top 3 team because your WRs are likely below average.

I have Kittle and Burton as a wash. Taylor, Perine, 3.5 for Gallman, Crabtree sounds about right. Which means Parker for 2019 1 & 2 which is a big no thanks. 

Yeah, I can see that as well. I do think I've got one of the best starting four RBs in the league by a pretty wide margin, though (assuming the rookies pan out). Most teams have at best 3 RBs worth starting and some can barely scrape together 2. 

The #1 seed and champion last year (and likely favorite this year) trotted out a lineup of Alex Smith, Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Alvin Kamara, Kenyan Drake, Nelson Algholor, Marvin Jones, Sterling Shephard, and Zach Ertz. With those RBs he's likely to win again, but given that a top RB can regularly drop 50+ points in this scoring, RBs are definitely king. He went 25-3 (double matchup each week), and outscored the next team on season points by over 600. I don't believe there were any other teams that regularly started 4 RBs. 

Of course, only in my hopeful dreams are my 4 RBs going to sniff production like he gets from his, but I think I'm notably better at WR, which I'm hoping can make enough of a difference to give me a chance at the title.

Edited by mcintyre1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr QB / 2RB / 3WR / TE / FL

 

Team A gave up

McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB;

Lockett, Tyler SEA WR;

Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.10

Team B gave up

Collins, Alex BAL RB;

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR;

Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A (mid to late)

I think I prefer McKinnon to Collins in a ppr, but I'm not sold on that. Meaning, I'd probably make the swap for McKinnon straight up, but wouldn't add anything I valued to Collins to get McKinnon.  

Meanwhile, Diggs >>> Lockett and the picks are a wash.  So, give me what A got.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Random A/B teams

12 man PPR IDP

    Team A Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.08;Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.08
    Team B gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.04; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

    Team A gave up Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR;Kittle, George SFO TE
    Team B gave up Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

16 man .5 PPR IDP

    Team A gave up Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB;Evans, Mike TBB WR;Cook, Jared OAK TE
    Team B gave up Mariota, Marcus TEN QB;Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE;Armstead, Arik SFO DE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.05

    Team A gave up Coleman, Corey CLE WR;Davis, Corey TEN WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.04
    Team B gave up Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

    Team A gave up Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR;Walker, Delanie TEN TE;Bosa, Joey LAC DE
    Team B gave up Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.09;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.09;Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.08; $25 in blind bidding

16 man PPR IDP TE premium

    Team A gave up Collins, Alex BAL RB;Allen, Keenan LAC WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.15
    Team A gave up Evans, Mike TBB WR

    Team A gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.16;Year 2018 Draft Pick 6.16
    Team B gave up Reed, Jordan WAS TE

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

Random A/B teams

12 man PPR IDP

    Team A Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.08;Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.08
    Team B gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.04; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

    Team A gave up Mitchell, Malcolm NEP WR;Kittle, George SFO TE
    Team B gave up Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

16 man .5 PPR IDP

    Team A gave up Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB;Evans, Mike TBB WR;Cook, Jared OAK TE
    Team B gave up Mariota, Marcus TEN QB;Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE;Armstead, Arik SFO DE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.05

    Team A gave up Coleman, Corey CLE WR;Davis, Corey TEN WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.04
    Team B gave up Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

    Team A gave up Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR;Walker, Delanie TEN TE;Bosa, Joey LAC DE
    Team B gave up Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.09;Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.09;Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.08; $25 in blind bidding

16 man PPR IDP TE premium

    Team A gave up Collins, Alex BAL RB;Allen, Keenan LAC WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.15
    Team A gave up Evans, Mike TBB WR

    Team A gave up Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.16;Year 2018 Draft Pick 6.16
    Team B gave up Reed, Jordan WAS TE

Frist trade is even; very even - probably depends upon where the first falls

Trade 2 - team A; I assume other team needed the roster spots.

Trade 3 - Hopkins.   I traded Hopkins this offseason - I think you have to get one established player (min.) for such a stud; 

I don't do IDP...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me giving    1.5 and Jax D

Get     Mixon and Tenn D

Jax was 3 points better than next D and 5 ppg better than the 10th def.

looking to buy Mixon wherever I can; will find a new D.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

This is an interesting discussion, but your point seems to hinge on perceived dynasty value rather than NFL production or fantasy points. You don't win games by having the guys with the best trade value. Larry Fitzgerald has had awful trade value for the past 3 years, but he's still putting up PPR numbers. If McKinnon is putting up points, but he's not getting top 10 RB trade value, then... keep starting him. If Kamara has a bad season but only drops to a top 15 RB dynasty value then you just rostered a guy (and likely started him) for a season who hurt your team. Rankings have value in name only. At some point you have to put players in lineups and let the points fall where they may. 

If that trade nets the guy less trade value but more lineup points, it's a win.

But someone later added he took Freeman over Penny... so I don't know what to say about that. :crazy:

Oh my God thank you for saving me the trouble of saying all this about market value vs production value.  You did it much better than I would have, too.

I prefer what I think will be basically close to equal production between McKinnon and Kamara, but with the bonus of the rookie that may hit big. 

I love Kamara, really. But McKinnon seems to have a bigger share of his backfield than Kamara. Today. And admittedly Kamara has a better path to sustained workload dominance.  Saints have always had multiple productive backs, though. I don't think it's much more than a 50/50 proposition that McKinnon finishes higher than Kamara this year. Multiple years not as likely.

So yeah I can't give Larry Fitzgerald away. The guy is maybe my favorite NFL player. He keeps winning me money and I keep trying to sell him because he is going to retire. But I have always thought he would have a very solid final season because he is so special. So I'm stoked to keep starting him this year. Gronk is getting into that zone. Or is already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 team 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1flex .5ppr

Traded away Tannehill

Got Tarik Cohen

Might live to regret this one but I also own Howard, and it's start 3RB.  My team is fine at Qb with Ryan, Prescott, Trubisky, Keenum.  Cohen is this years Tyreek Hill, at least that's what I'm convincing myself is going to happen.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 7:52 PM, barackdhouse said:

20 team PPR TE 1.25 bestball 11 starters 1Q 1-3RB 3-5WR 1-3TE K D 2 copies of each player 3rd year of a 5th year jackpot and then disband.

Each year bottom two finishers are eliminated and their rosters MADE AVAILABLE DURING ROOKIE/FA DRAFT. We started with 24 teams. Players available include Evans, Juju, Mike Williams, D Thomas, Tate, Godwin, Parker, Cobb, Lockett, Dez, Dalvin Cook, Mixon, McCaffery, McKinnon, Ajayi. Some good QBs and TEs, too. 

I gave Kareem Hunt, Doug Baldwin

I got Amari Cooper, Trent Taylor, 1.17, 2.17

So that 1.17 should be something similar to 1.4 or 1.5. The top vets won't be there but one of the top 6 RBs will. I think 2.17 should yield a Cobb/Olsen/Tate level vet or maybe Kerryon Johnson/Freeman if I get lucky. There will be a ton of vets picked. I own the 1.04/2.04/3.04 as well. I'm basically loaded everywhere except RB, which I plan to change during this draft. It will be hard not to take Juju if he is there at 1.04. I already have the other copy of Evans. Also trying to move to 1.01/1.02 to get Barkley if possible.

 

In this same league I just gave Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham

I got Goff, 2.08

 

Edited by barackdhouse
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Melvin Gordon

Got: Adams

 

Didn’t have a great WR3 (Julio, Crowder, Landry, Edelman, Coleman, Jordy, Stills, Dede) and have Bell, Mixon, Barkley, Collins, Ajayi still. Also, not a big believer in Gordon. Wanted to cash out, was very happy to do so at this price.

Edited by jeaton6
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Melvin Gordon

Got: Adams

 

Didn’t have a great WR3 (Julio, Crowder, Landry, Edelman, Coleman, Jordy, Stills, Dede) and have Bell, Mixon, Barkley, Collins, Ajayi still. Also, not a big believer in Gordon. Wanted to cash out, was very happy to do so at this price.

It looks like Melvin is going to get at least one more year of 3 yards and a cloud of dust but I will take Adams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PPR IDP Zealots

Gave: 1.10, Ajayi, Dav Booker

Got: David Johnson

 

Going for the gold in this league. My starting lineup is tough while my depth is a bit shaky. Here's my starters now. Hope nobody gets hurt.

STARTERS

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Freeman, Devonta ATL RB

Johnson, David ARI RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Tate, Golden DET WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR

Walker, Delanie TEN TE

Harrison, Damon NYG DT

Irving, David DAL DT

Jackson, Malik JAC DT

Alexander, Kwon TBB LB

Kuechly, Luke CAR LB

Onwuasor, Patrick BAL LB

Adams, Jamal NYJ S

Jones, Reshad MIA S

Smith, Harrison MIN S

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

It looks like Melvin is going to get at least one more year of 3 yards and a cloud of dust but I will take Adams.

Great deal for him. He got stronger at a position of need, moved a player that could see his role diminish for a player who is likely to maintain or increase his role, and he got younger (in the sense that a 25 year old wr has more quality years remaining than a 25 year old rb).  

The deal could make sense for the other team too, if you are built to win now and need a RB, Gordon is a nice option.  But in a vacuum, give me the Adams side.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Shockingly cheap for DJ.

I think it was a result of a couple months of pestering the guy about the trade. 

But Ajayi's value did rise post-draft.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I think it was a result of a couple months of pestering the guy about the trade. 

But Ajayi's value did rise post-draft.

His perceived value did rise, but personally I still see Philly mixing it up with Ajayi, Clement, Sproles (and maybe even one of Adams, Smallwood or Pumphrey) at RB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team PPR, did this yesterday with Jones on the clock at 1.05

Gave: Gordon RB LAC

Got: 1.05, 2.05 and 3.05

Thought process: same league i traded my first and a second last year during the season for Ingram. Won league.

Net result of both deals: gave Gordon, 1.12 and 2.06 for Jones, Ingram, 2.05 and 3.05.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zealots Field. PPR

On the clock at 1.06, I received (and accepted) the following:

Give:

1.10 and 2.01

Get:

1.06 and 3.06

Figured the drop off for the RBs was at 1.08 so I was hoping to move up. 

Selected Sony Michel. 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field. PPR

On the clock at 1.06, I received (and accepted) the following:

Give:

1.10 and 2.01

Get:

1.06 and 3.06

Figured the drop off for the RBs was at 1.08 so I was hoping to move up. 

Selected Sony Michel. 

Seems alright, especially if you don't need WR prospects.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 0:18 PM, FF Ninja said:

Yeah, in a vacuum you obviously want more dynasty trade value over less dynasty trade value, but there are going to be certain players that just outperform their trade value and those are the guys you ride until retirement*. And if you trade for one of those guys at their going rate, you just lost trade value, but you may have gained lineup points. And in the case of this trade, maybe that guy had a gaping hole at RB2 behind Kamara and this was the best 2-for-1 trade he could find. Sometimes you have to overpay when you have a need but the market of 11 other FF owners doesn't meet outside consensus. 

*Kind of like when you retire and buy what you expect is your last home. Assuming you are old so your tax rate is fixed, you don't really care if the value of the land goes up or down. That's where you are going to be regardless. McKinnon is 26 on a 4-year deal. That guy is probably going to ride McKinnon until he loses his job or retires. If McKinnon overperforms but doesn't see a dynasty value bump due to age or whatever, it doesn't matter since he wasn't going to trade him anyway.. unless McKinnon's value somehow leapfrogged his expected performance after one year, which is rare since RBs tend to lose significant trade value around age 27.

Basically if you trade for any RB at age 26/27, you must be planning to be in it for the long haul... so what you're paying for is expected performance, not expected trade value.

When you look at your roster and realize your 4 best RBs are all 26 or older :unsure: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, djb916420 said:

12 Team PPR League - 24 man roster 

Ajayi 

for 

2019 First 

Ajayi owner/eagles fan here.  I’ll take the 2019 first.  In fact, I’ve offered ajayi to several teams for their 2019 firsts and have been rejected without counter.  Gonna go try again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

When you look at your roster and realize your 4 best RBs are all 26 or older :unsure: 

As long as you like them and don't mind riding them off into the sunset, it's not a problem. Should be able to get 4-5 more years out of a good 26 yo back. Just can't get their true worth back in trade value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldmanhawkins said:

Ajayi owner/eagles fan here.  I’ll take the 2019 first.  In fact, I’ve offered ajayi to several teams for their 2019 firsts and have been rejected without counter.  Gonna go try again.

Ajayi owner offered him to me straight up for Juju in PPR. I declined immediately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 7:38 AM, FF Ninja said:

This is an interesting discussion, but your point seems to hinge on perceived dynasty value rather than NFL production or fantasy points. You don't win games by having the guys with the best trade value. Larry Fitzgerald has had awful trade value for the past 3 years, but he's still putting up PPR numbers. If McKinnon is putting up points, but he's not getting top 10 RB trade value, then... keep starting him. If Kamara has a bad season but only drops to a top 15 RB dynasty value then you just rostered a guy (and likely started him) for a season who hurt your team. Rankings have value in name only. At some point you have to put players in lineups and let the points fall where they may. 

If that trade nets the guy less trade value but more lineup points, it's a win.

But someone later added he took Freeman over Penny... so I don't know what to say about that. :crazy:

I'm not sure what Larry Fitzgerald has to do with Alvin Kamara. Karmara is 22 YO. His market value is more than double McKinnon's because the market expects him to outproduce McKinnon today, tomorrow, and 5 years from now. Only 1 of 45 experts expect McKinnon to outscore Kamara next year, according to Fantasypros, and even that guy ranks Kamara as the 10th best redraft back. 

Let's talk NFL production and fantasy points. Kamara was a top 3 fantasy RB in PPR formats. He was the rookie of the year, a pro-bowler, and one of the best skill position players in the league last year. Moving him for McKinnon and a pick is like winning the lottery and investing the winnings into more lottery tickets. 

Edited by Concept Coop
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Concept Coop said:

I'm not sure what Larry Fitzgerald has to do with Alvin Kamara. Karmara is 22 YO. His market value is more than double McKinnon's because the market expects him to outproduce McKinnon today, tomorrow, and 5 years from now. Only 1 of 45 experts expect McKinnon to outscore Kamara next year, according to Fantasypros, and even that guy ranks Kamara as the 10th best redraft player. 

Let's talk NFL production and fantasy points. Kamara was a top 3 fantasy RB in PPR formats. He was the rookie of the year, a pro-bowler, and one of the best skill position players in the league last year. Moving him for McKinnon and a pick is like winning the lottery and investing the winnings into more lottery tickets. 

Settle down, CC. I know Kamara is your boy. I was just using the players discussed to illustrate a point. I wasn't really taking a stance on that particular trade. Was just pointing out how losing trade value could actually net a team more points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

As long as you like them and don't mind riding them off into the sunset, it's not a problem. Should be able to get 4-5 more years out of a good 26 yo back. Just can't get their true worth back in trade value.

Yeah.  I like the guys, but it is an aging team that should not have won the championship at all (but did).  Torn on whether to scrap everything for picks or not at this stage.  Some of the discussions on these guys the last few days have been very interesting reading :popcorn: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slapdash said:

Yeah.  I like the guys, but it is an aging team that should not have won the championship at all (but did).  Torn on whether to scrap everything for picks or not at this stage.  Some of the discussions on these guys the last few days have been very interesting reading :popcorn: 

Who are they? Would really depend on what picks you could get. Things can change fast in the NFL and rookies bust frequently. Without seeing the players, I would generally advise to stick with who you've got if they are good but aging players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FF Ninja said:

Settle down, CC. I know Kamara is your boy. I was just using the players discussed to illustrate a point. I wasn't really taking a stance on that particular trade. Was just pointing out how losing trade value could actually net a team more points. 

Nobody here will disagree with your main point. Just feels like an odd trade to use to make said point. It's no more relevant to this trade than it is to any potential trade in the worst offer thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Who are they? Would really depend on what picks you could get. Things can change fast in the NFL and rookies bust frequently. Without seeing the players, I would generally advise to stick with who you've got if they are good but aging players. 

I have no intent to to turn this into a discussion about my team here, but the Mckinnon discussion was of particular interest.  Devonta Freeman is in a very similar boat to him at 26, but seems to fetch better value.  Both are nearing the end of the period where they can be traded for decent value.

I think the RB position is particularly vexing given the influx of rookies in great situations. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Nobody here will disagree with your main point. Just feels like an odd trade to use to make said point. It's no more relevant to this trade than it is to any potential trade in the worst offer thread. 

The conversation occurred because the guy I was replying to was saying it was a bad trade solely because McKinnon's value will never get that high while Kamara's value won't fall off much even if he has a poor second season (and the rookie was unlikely to crack top 10). I'd never seen anyone argue a trade based only on expect dynasty value next year. Sometimes you gotta do what's right for your team this year... sometimes you gotta sell when you think you're selling high... sometimes you have 1 great player but 2 relatively vacant starting spots... sometimes trade value doesn't matter at all because a league of 12 people isn't as fluid of a market as we'd like.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

I have no intent to to turn this into a discussion about my team here, but the Mckinnon discussion was of particular interest.  Devonta Freeman is in a very similar boat to him at 26, but seems to fetch better value.  Both are nearing the end of the period where they can be traded for decent value.

I think the RB position is particularly vexing given the influx of rookies in great situations. 

It definitely is, but as long as your guys didn't get affected by the drafted players, you're generally better off standing pat. At this point of the offseason, draft picks are valued as if all the players slotted for that draft position are going to live up to expectations. But once you trade for that pick, you are saddled with all that rookie bust risk. If you're thinking about blowing up your team, wait until the season starts. People start throwing around draft picks like they grow on trees at that point.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I think it was a result of a couple months of pestering the guy about the trade. 

But Ajayi's value did rise post-draft.

A result of stupidity you mean me thinks.  I wish I could find a fish in my league to give me DJ for Ajayi, my 1.10 and a scrub RB and I own exactly all 3.  Pretty sure my league mate isn't that dumb though but hey that 1.10 could be a stud you just never know.  I couldn't get half that for Ajayi he kind of stinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

12 team PPR TE 1.5

Team A gives Manning, 1.02, 2.12

Team B gives Wentz, 1.09, 2.05, 2.06

Would really depend on the rosters here.  Manning is pretty worthless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, djb916420 said:

12 Team PPR League - 24 man roster 

Ajayi 

for 

2019 First 

I’ve been contemplating this same thing. I’m loaded at the running back position and Ajayi will hardly if ever start on my roster. There’s no question I can get a 2019 1st for him.

Tex

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigTex said:

I’ve been contemplating this same thing. I’m loaded at the running back position and Ajayi will hardly if ever start on my roster. There’s no question I can get a 2019 1st for him.

Tex

I sold Ajayi for the 1.13 a while back. I don’t expect heavy usage, the eagles seemed to be kicking the tires on rbs this offseason, and worry about longevity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...