What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

Mixon.  

If your intention is wr, there are lots this year and I am sure you can somebody good and established with the 1.8 in a trade.
I don't love any of the rookie WRs and had already taken RoJo and Freeman earlier.  I don't like Kerryon Johnson either so felt I'll take the upgrade to Hunt from Mixon.  I also have 2 1sts next year as this team is sort of a rebuild for me and I'm happy with the core I'm building.  

I don't love any of the rookie WRs and had already taken RoJo and Freeman earlier.  I don't like Kerryon Johnson either so felt I'll take the upgrade to Hunt from Mixon.  I also have 2 1sts next year as this team is sort of a rebuild for me and I'm happy with the core I'm building.  
I guess you don’t like my opinion, in future don’t post on the forum if don’t want other opinions. 

Value is on the McCoy side but it's not that bad.  Due to age McCoy is pretty much 100% going to lose value every year.  He has no upside value wise.

Granted Golliday is worth less today.  the McCoy owner may have been able to get more but Golladay has a chance to be more valuable relatively soon.

I've never really regretted trading a 30 year old RB.  It's not something where you'll be kicking urself long term since the RB will be worthless in a couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Rodgers

for 

Eli Manning, Ryan Tannehill, 2.10 and 2019 1st 

-----------------------------------------------------------------'

Mike Evans 

for 

Mike Thomas and 2.12

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Evans 

for

David Johnson, 2.11 and a 2019 3rd rounders

-------------------------------------------------------------

Gronk and 3.01

For 

1.07, 4.07 and travis benjamin

------------------------------------------------------------

Julio Jones

for 
1.03, 2.03 and Nelson Agholor

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kerryon Johnson (1.08) and Jonnu Smith 

for

1.10  and David Njoku (was made while 1.10 was on the clock for DJ Moore)

Value is on the McCoy side but it's not that bad.  Due to age McCoy is pretty much 100% going to lose value every year.  He has no upside value wise.

Granted Golliday is worth less today.  the McCoy owner may have been able to get more but Golladay has a chance to be more valuable relatively soon.

I've never really regretted trading a 30 year old RB.  It's not something where you'll be kicking urself long term since the RB will be worthless in a couple years.
McCoy is a 2nd round startup pick. That’s a big boon to short term championship odds - and that’s what we play for. I think it’s pretty wild to significantly hinder your championship chances for Kenny Golladay. 

Edit: 2nd round redraft pick, not startup.

McCoy is a 2nd round startup pick. That’s a big boon to short term championship odds - and that’s what we play for. I think it’s pretty wild to significantly hinder your championship chances for Kenny Golladay. 
There is no chance McCoy sniffs the 2nd round of a dynasty startup except in a 4 PPR for Buffalo RB league.

Edit: 2nd round redraft pick, not startup.
This is a dynasty trade thread though, so redraft value isn't really relevant.  

Even in dynasty of course McCoy is valued higher.  I'm just saying this isn't a trade that the guy who moved McCoy is going to regret much.  By end of 2019 McCoy will have close to zero value.  

I guess you don’t like my opinion, in future don’t post on the forum if don’t want other opinions. 
:lmao: maybe, maybe, in other threads. Not this one though. This one is for reference about what's happening in dynasty leagues. I dont care much about the opinions on the trades I post. Most aren't even mine. I'm just passing them on for reference. Just like I mostly skim this thread looking for players I own or want to own to gauage what they're worth to some people. 

:lmao: maybe, maybe, in other threads. Not this one though. This one is for reference about what's happening in dynasty leagues. I dont care much about the opinions on the trades I post. Most aren't even mine. I'm just passing them on for reference. Just like I mostly skim this thread looking for players I own or want to own to gauage what they're worth to some people. 
You may be using the wrong thread. Every year this tends to be a thread of Yeti, Unicorn, and Leprechaun sightings.

Even in dynasty of course McCoy is valued higher.  I'm just saying this isn't a trade that the guy who moved McCoy is going to regret much.  By end of 2019 McCoy will have close to zero value.  
ummm, two seasons worth of RB production is pretty darn valuable.  

ummm, two seasons worth of RB production is pretty darn valuable.  
Wheels fall off fast. He has a lot of mileage. This is a trade that two years from now if Tate is gone and if Kenny g is starting and maybe not getting Tate’s 90 rec but maybe 75-80 would look good. Lot of ifs in there and maybe could get a little more, but it will be interesting to see where this ends up. 

Wheels fall off fast. He has a lot of mileage. This is a trade that two years from now if Tate is gone and if Kenny g is starting and maybe not getting Tate’s 90 rec but maybe 75-80 would look good. Lot of ifs in there and maybe could get a little more, but it will be interesting to see where this ends up. 
This is closer to giving him away then getting anything of value imo. Obviously McCoy’s trade value is minimal at this point of his career, but if you’re hellbent on trading him wait til mid season when a contender needs an rb

This is closer to giving him away then getting anything of value imo. Obviously McCoy’s trade value is minimal at this point of his career, but if you’re hellbent on trading him wait til mid season when a contender needs an rb
Bingo.

I’ll keep McCoy while the wheels fall off instead of selling him for JAG. There are far too many WRs in the league with similar upside to KG that you can get for a future late 2nd value (bought Mike Williams x3 this offseason, for instance) and keep McCoy to make another title run. Sure, if you can get 1.8 you sell, but McCoy is still going to be on championship teams.

I only own McCoy in one league, happens to be a $2500 league, and owning McCoy allowed me to feel comfortable moving up this weekend for Chubb who I feel is far and away the second most talented player in this draft class.

No matter if you are rebuilding or not, KG isn’t the right exit. Hold until W6 at least and some owner at 3-3 will pay you more. 

My point in bringing up his redraft value is to point out how valuable he is to playoff/championship chances this season. That’s what we play for. If moving him keeps you out of the playoffs, or costs you a bye week, or a championship - you’re going to regret it plenty, IMO. 

Wheels fall off fast and farther time is undefeated. If you like Golladay a lot more than his market value and are willing to pay to get your guy, it makes sense. But it is well above market value, so to those of us who aren’t especially high on him, it’s not going to look great. It could certainly work out, however, as you suggest.

I guess it depends on what you think of Galloday. I agree that this trade was light based on market value but I doubt there would be this much discussion if McCoy was traded away for a late first round pick. I like Galloday, but wouldn't put that kind of valuation on him yet, but I don't think it would be outlandish if some one traded Johnson, Sutton, Ridley or Kirk for Galloday - I think he has similar upside to those guys.

Wheels fall off fast. He has a lot of mileage. This is a trade that two years from now if Tate is gone and if Kenny g is starting and maybe not getting Tate’s 90 rec but maybe 75-80 would look good. Lot of ifs in there and mbe could get a little more, but it will be interesting to see where this ends up. 
I got the wheels falling off for McCoy this year. He is my bust of the year nominee and I'm pretty far away from thinking he's going to give teams 1-2 more McCoy like seasons.

Wheels fall off fast and farther time is undefeated. If you like Golladay a lot more than his market value and are willing to pay to get your guy, it makes sense. But it is well above market value, so to those of us who aren’t especially high on him, it’s not going to look great. It could certainly work out, however, as you suggest.
Trading him for a 7th could work out, but even if it did, its still a bad trade

I got the wheels falling off for McCoy this year. He is my bust of the year nominee and I'm pretty far away from thinking he's going to give teams 1-2 more McCoy like seasons.
When trading away a guy your own person thoughts should be irrelevant.  Unless of course you value the guy more than market value, in which case you wouldnt be trading him anyway.

Ummm, sensitive much?  Holy crap dude.  I respect everyone's opinion, did I say yours was crap?  I was just stating my reasoning behind it, next time I'll check in with you before I do.  Frankly, I have no idea what you're upset about

When trading away a guy your own person thoughts should be irrelevant.  Unless of course you value the guy more than market value, in which case you wouldnt be trading him anyway.
I get what you are saying and agree that to some extent that one's personal opinions on a player should not lead them down a path of accepting reduced value. But a lot of ways to be a successful dynasty owner and needing to win "value" on every trade is not a necessary one for some.  I'll certainly do trades where I think I'm losing value based on current market prices, not a problem for me at all when I think current market prices are wrong.

I think assuming mccoy has 2 or even 1 years of good production left is a mistake. He has somewhere between 0 and 3 years of production left and I think 0 is a lot more likely than 2 here. 

Similar in waiting to trade him mid-season. That assumes that his value hasn't already fallen to 0 by then. I don't like KG personally but there is a decent chance that right now is the best value mccoy will have for the rest of his career. 

His career path is really similar to guys like LT, Alexander, Edge, and Forte at this point. Career workhorses that had their career worst season (from an efficiency standpoint) at age 29 but still racked up decent fantasy numbers that year due to volume. 

In pretty much all of their cases that season was a signal that they were dangling over the cliff and their value was about to take an immediate cliff dive to nilville, even though that value was still retained heading in to their age 30 season where we should have seen the signs. 

12 tm PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX

Team A Gives; Dalvin Cook, 1.08 (Traded while OTC - became Royce Freeman)

Team B Gives; Corey Davis, Derrick Henry, 2019 1st (likely late)

Team A rebuilding, Team B a contender

12 tm PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX

Team A Gives; Dalvin Cook, 1.08 (Traded while OTC - became Royce Freeman)

Team B Gives; Corey Davis, Derrick Henry, 2019 1st (likely late)

Team A rebuilding, Team B a contender
Cook and the 1.08 pretty easily. Heck, I think I might pay all of B for Cook alone.

Cook and the 1.08 pretty easily. Heck, I think I might pay all of B for Cook alone.
My thoughts exactly.  

I think it's probably fair or close to fair by consensus values, but I am not as high on Davis or Henry as the consensus so for me it is the Cook side by a healthy margin.

10 team non ppr. 

Travis Kelce and the #13 rookie

for Hunter Henry and the #3.
Henry by a lot in any league but especially that one.  Kelce could take a step back this year with a new qb and Watkins in town, and he's older.

But looking at that league - Henry is a touchdown scorer which helps in non ppr, and in ten team, a stud tight end isn't as big an advantage. Plus in non ppr, pick 13 is much less valuable than in ppr. All 8 backs will be long gone so you're looking at rookie wr5 or a quarterback (which again is not as valuable in ten team unless it's super flex). 

12 team .5 PPR

Team A got TY Hilton, 19 4throunder

Team B got McKinnion, 2.10

Team C gets Drake, Meredith

Team D gets Mack, Sutton

I think assuming mccoy has 2 or even 1 years of good production left is a mistake. He has somewhere between 0 and 3 years of production left and I think 0 is a lot more likely than 2 here. 

Similar in waiting to trade him mid-season. That assumes that his value hasn't already fallen to 0 by then. I don't like KG personally but there is a decent chance that right now is the best value mccoy will have for the rest of his career. 

His career path is really similar to guys like LT, Alexander, Edge, and Forte at this point. Career workhorses that had their career worst season (from an efficiency standpoint) at age 29 but still racked up decent fantasy numbers that year due to volume. 

In pretty much all of their cases that season was a signal that they were dangling over the cliff and their value was about to take an immediate cliff dive to nilville, even though that value was still retained heading in to their age 30 season where we should have seen the signs. 
LT was RB17 and RB18 in his 30 and 31 YO seasons. Forte was RB8 and RB21. (These number from PFR, which is standard scoring, so they likely fished much higher in PPR leagues.) Edge's fall came at 28. Alexander's fall came at 29, but his season was cut short by injuries and was much worse than Shady's. I doubt any study we throw together will top ZWK's VBD model - and he has Shady ranked at 25. 

PFF had him ranked as the 9th best back last year, and that matches what I saw. His situation is pretty bad, but he doesn't have any serious competition for carries and should see a lot of targets, especially in garbage time. 

I'm all for selling Shady for a good return. I also agree that you can't pencil him in for anything beyond this season (but wouldn't rule it out either).  

I get what you are saying and agree that to some extent that one's personal opinions on a player should not lead them down a path of accepting reduced value. But a lot of ways to be a successful dynasty owner and needing to win "value" on every trade is not a necessary one for some.  I'll certainly do trades where I think I'm losing value based on current market prices, not a problem for me at all when I think current market prices are wrong.
I never said you have to "win" the value, but "losing" the value shouldnt have to happen. 

Now, if you are super high on Golladay and the owner doesnt want to move him for anything but Mccoy, and you dont like Mccoy, then go for it.  Seems like a very low percentage chance that is the case and that you can't get more.

I think we can all agree that Shady for Golladay is a terrible return on Shady, regardless of what type of production he yet yields. 

And it's especially so when you look at the FBG staff rankings of McCoy, as he's ranked higher than every non-Barkley rookie RB by half of the staff whom have submitted rankings.  Seriously, ranking McCoy as equivalent to the the 1.02 in this year's rookie class should result in auto-removal from providing content on a for-pay fantasy football site.  You're legitimately taking Shady of Guice, Penny, Chubb, Jones, Michel, and even Johnson or Freeman?  Well then you're terrible at fantasy football.   

/rant

I think we can all agree that Shady for Golladay is a terrible return on Shady, regardless of what type of production he yet yields. 

And it's especially so when you look at the FBG staff rankings of McCoy, as he's ranked higher than every non-Barkley rookie RB by half of the staff whom have submitted rankings.  Seriously, ranking McCoy as equivalent to the the 1.02 in this year's rookie class should result in auto-removal from providing content on a for-pay fantasy football site.  You're legitimately taking Shady of Guice, Penny, Chubb, Jones, Michel, and even Johnson or Freeman?  Well then you're terrible at fantasy football.   

/rant
I agree but this is one of those cases where “professional” rankings vary wildly with what you can actually trade him for in most leagues. If you are rebuilding and have to move him, good luck. It’s selling cheap but I can understand it.

I agree but this is one of those cases where “professional” rankings vary wildly with what you can actually trade him for in most leagues. If you are rebuilding and have to move him, good luck. It’s selling cheap but I can understand it.
Don’t get me wrong, if I owned Shady and wasn’t competitive I’d be looking to sell for best value.  Tough to imagine finding nobody willing to part with more than Golladay. 

But there’s no excuse for staffers at FBGs to rank McCoy over rookie RB #’s 2-8 this year.  If you own McCoy, even as a title contender, then you should do cartwheels if you can get a 1.02-1.08 pick for him.

Few random data points since Golladay-McCoy has dragged out laughably long:

In a recent prerdraft start up, McCoy went 6.12.  I passed on him to take Penny at 6.11 and it obviously worked out.  People are obviously scared off by the wheels about to fall off perception - I definitely was.  Buffalo lost half their o-line, who knows what will come of that offense this season.  I ended up drafting Golladay at 9.10 in that draft.

In a different league, I traded 2.8 and 4.8 in the early 2nd round for Golladay.    

Users who are viewing this thread