What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

Saw this in an FFPC league

M.Evans & N.Agholar

for

K.Allen & 2019 1st (mid pack)
Evans

not involved, FFPC league

Gurley, Brate, 2019 3rd rd pick

for

Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, Kenyan Drake
Gurley

16 team ppr. I had a lot of depth, he had a couple studs and nothing.

Gave:

Will Fuller, Hunter Henry, Anthony Miller, James Washington and Michael Gallup

Got:

Odell Beckham
Nice

Sammy watkins

2019 2nd round pick 

for 

Calvin ridley
Sammy alone

12 Team PPR Superlfex

Gave 2.12 (24th overall)

Received Trey Burton TE

Just lost Hunter Henry and needed TE help

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong with people? Zeke has done nothing but average 100 yds/game rushing, 2 receptions for 20 yds/game, and 1 td/game in his career thus far. And you are trading him for a guy who hasn’t hit the field yet.

Zeke by a mile because one in the hand here is worth just as much as the one in the bush

While I personally would not trade Zeke for the 1.01 I think you are underestimating Barkley’s upside a bit.  Zeke will never be the pass catcher that Barkley is.  Barkley has LT/Faulk level upside as a RB who can catch 80+ passes  while still doing a lot of damage on the ground. If you believe in him this is about the only window to buy because you won’t be touching him in the future if he hits 

I dont think its zeke by "a mile"

If there is a prospect whos ceiling projects to compete with zeke, its barkely. Also he is a saint, unlike zeke, who is an actual idiot. You really telling me that you wouldnt swap zeke for the who will be next years rb1/2/3 in dyno. A guy who is one idiotic move away from being banned for a year....

I understand the argument for having zeke and not trading him at all, but to say its not close is completely ignoring the real life situation and risks

What is wrong with people? Zeke has done nothing but average 100 yds/game rushing, 2 receptions for 20 yds/game, and 1 td/game in his career thus far. And you are trading him for a guy who hasn’t hit the field yet.

Zeke by a mile because one in the hand here is worth just as much as the one in the bush
I see others covered it, but the rationale is pretty straightforward:

1. Barkley is expected/projected to be a tier 1 RB, on par with Gurley and Elliott, with RB1 overall potential, especially in PPR
  2. Barkley is 2.5 years younger than Elliott
  3. Elliott has a considerable amount more mileage
  4. Elliott has had multiple off field problems and is a candidate for future suspension; based upon what we know about Barkley, he isn't
#1 comes with risk, because it is a projection at this point. IMO the likely reward is worth that risk.

Yeah I would take Elliot over Barkley, but people aren't wrong that Barkley's upside is quite a bit higher.

Elliot's best case is basically that he has an Adrian Peterson like career.  Barkley's best case is that he has a Marshall Faulk like career.  And in PPR, Marshall Faulk scored a LOT more than Adrian Peterson.

To put that into context, the most fantasy points Adrian Peterson ever scored was 348 and that was the year he rushed for 2100 yards AND had his career high in receptions.  Faulk beat that number 5 times, and not just by a little.  He was basically at or above 400 fantasy points 5 times, with an insane career high of 456 points.

That gap is just utterly massive.

Yeah I would take Elliot over Barkley, but people aren't wrong that Barkley's upside is quite a bit higher.

Elliot's best case is basically that he has an Adrian Peterson like career.  Barkley's best case is that he has a Marshall Faulk like career.  And in PPR, Marshall Faulk scored a LOT more than Adrian Peterson.

To put that into context, the most fantasy points Adrian Peterson ever scored was 348 and that was the year he rushed for 2100 yards AND had his career high in receptions.  Faulk beat that number 5 times, and not just by a little.  He was basically at or above 400 fantasy points 5 times, with an insane career high of 456 points.

I think Zeke has Gurley PPR upside. I think his lack of receptions to this point in his career is a product of the scheme and play calling.

Receiving ability: Barkley > Zeke > AP, IMO.

Edit: Just a small quibble. I agree with your overall point.

We're basically saying that Barkley's upside is the greatest runningback of all time. Honestly, don't think I can argue with that though, he looks pretty awesome. But I would argue that Barkley's situation is much closer to (if not worse than) Faulk in Indy than Faulk playing in the greatest show on turf. Not that Faulk in Indy didn't have some good to great fantasy seasons as well.

16 team IDP 1.5 TE PPR

Hollins, Mack PHI WR
Willis, Jordan CIN DE
Edmunds, Tremaine BUF LB
Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.13

For

Robinson, Allen CHI WR
Jones, Josh GBP S

"You can have the boat.... or the mystery box?"

"A boat is a boat, but the mystery box could be anything, it could even be a boat!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKZJdaiJF84

10 team Superflex 0.5 PPR, all trades from same league.

Team A gives : 2019 3rd

Team B gives: Delanie Walker

After the Henry injury. Team A had Henry and only Gathers\Akins\Shaheen behind him.

Team C gives: Gronk, 2020 2nd

Team B gives: Tevin Coleman, 2019 1st

Team C is left with Brate/Burton/Cook at TE. Team B also had Freeman. Team C was a little short at RB depth but not too badly (Kamara, Lewis, Foreman, Guice, Duke)

Team B gives: ASJ, 2019 4th

Team D gives: 2019 3rd

Team B had a clear out of TE's after getting Gronk. He only has Vance McDonald as cover now.

12 team ppr (not involved)

team A gets

2018 picks 13,17,26,27,38

team B gets

Chris Carson, Ryan grant, J Stew, Mike Davis, Ted Ginn

This is a league I commish in, I have never been inclined to overturn a trade before now, pretty sure this only happened because the team giving up all the picks cannot make our live rookie draft that has been scheduled several weeks. It was his birthday yesterday and the trade was made around midnight. Wondering if he was just drunk. Trying to communicate with team a's owner to see exactly what the circumstances were. Either way, smh thats just awful

team A gets

team B gets

This is a league I commish in, I have never been inclined to overturn a trade before now, pretty sure this only happened because the team giving up all the picks cannot make our live rookie draft that has been scheduled several weeks. It was his birthday yesterday and the trade was made around midnight. Wondering if he was just drunk. Trying to communicate with team a's owner to see exactly what the circumstances were. Either way, smh thats just awful
He couldnt just hand you a list with his top 38 guys in order?

He doesnt sound too bright

team A gets

team B gets

It's awful, based on value, but I wouldn't veto it, as outside of the 2.01 - in this draft none of those picks are likely to amount to much anyway. There is a decent chance Ryan Grant emerges as the No. 2 in Indianapolis and if Luck does come back that's not a bad thing. Ginn is old but was fairly productive last season and seems to have Brees' trust.

I would definitely wait for an explanation - and if the guys says convincingly he's ok with the trade, hold your nose and let it go through.

12 team ppr QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FL

Team A gave up Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

Team B gave up Booker, Devontae DEN RB; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

Team B gave up Booker, Devontae DEN RB; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B
Interesting as I could not even get a 4th for Robby where I owned him. 

team A gets

team B gets

Certainly qualifies as one of the owrst trades I've ever seen given the owner essentially gave us away for picks for free. 

Cooks for 1.04 and 2019 2nd.  
That's about right. 

Very interesting deal...I would lean towards Booker and the pick...I don’t see Anderson blowing up with a rookie QB and you can never have enough young, dice roll RBs and I think the #3 gives you a chip to make another move and get a WR better than Anderson if you need the do that...

team A gets

team B gets

I’m generally not a veto guy but that trade is indefensible.  Even if that guy believed all those players were underrated, he could have given just the 13th pick alone (and still be overpaying).  I’d overturn it and give that owner a warning 

I’m generally not a veto guy but that trade is indefensible.  Even if that guy believed all those players were underrated, he could have given just the 13th pick alone (and still be overpaying).  I’d overturn it and give that owner a warning 
Owner giving up all the picks still owns the 1.03, i assume he is going to let someone know who to take for him, but if somehow he could get Penny at 1.03, i suppose its less bad since he will own almost the entire seattle backfield....maybe...nope, definitely just bad

Another from a different league. Crazy league, 12 team 2 qb te premium, big scoring idp

Team A gets

Russ and 2019 4th

Team B gets

Goff, Cohen

Not involved.  10-Team PPR with deep benches.  Start QRRWWWT with one R/W/T flex.  

AJ Green, 2019 2nd (early)

for 

Rashaad Penny, Devin Funchess, Josh Doctson, 2019 4th (early)

FFPC TE-premium league

Gave:  C. Kupp, D. Njoku, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd (picks will be late)

Received: A. Thielen, H. Henry

I already have G. Olsen & T. Burton so putting Henry on IR for a year is ok.

FFPC TE-premium league

I think you paid too much, given Njoku's value is extremely likely to surpass Henry while being someone you maybe use this year, and I don't see Thielen as an upgrade over Kupp (don't love either guy). Not sure where the 1st and 2nd are necessary with this one. 

buck naked said:
FFPC TE-premium league

Always dicey giving up future 1's just in case the season goes unexpected but you just improved your WR spot for 2018 and I believe next few years and pulled off a major TE upgrade starting in 2019. All in all seems equitable for both sides.

12 Team PPR

Team A Received: Derrius Guice, Matt Ryan, 2019 1st

Team B Received: Jerick McKinnon, Baker Mayfield

Team A Received: Alex Collins, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd

Team B Received: Kenyan Drake

12 Team PPR

Team A Received: Derrius Guice, Matt Ryan, 2019 1st

Team B Received: Jerick McKinnon, Baker Mayfield

Team A Received: Alex Collins, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd

Team B Received: Kenyan Drake
First one seems more like a deal to be made for  a true stud than McKinnon.

Second is I think is even. I like Drake more than Collins but the picks probably make up the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread