Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

On 7/17/2018 at 0:23 PM, TheBottomLine said:

10-team PPR.

Gave Thielen 

Got Fitzgerald + 2019 1st (likely mid, in the 1.03-1.06 range)

Was already deep at WR so wasn't too concerned with that downgrade there.  

I jumped the gun on posting this.  Ended up getting Fitz, 2019 1st, and Lamar Jackson for Thielen.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheBottomLine said:

I jumped the gun on posting this.  Ended up getting Fitz, 2019 1st, and Lamar Jackson for Thielen.  

Like it a lot for you. In 10 teamers it’s even more about getting studs, and Lamar has that potential. 

18 minutes ago, RushHour said:

14 team PPR IDP

Team A: Brandin Cooks, 2019 5th

Team B: Trey Burton, 2019 1st, 2020 1st

Hard to say where the picks will be. I’d guess somewhere between 1.06-1.12, in that range. 

Give me the two firsts and an upside player over the guy who might be locked up in a bad fantasy spot for the next 5 years, although i admire the shrewd negotiation skills required to get a 2019 fifth back too. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RushHour said:

14 team PPR IDP

Hard to say where the picks will be. I’d guess somewhere between 1.06-1.12, in that range. 

Burton and the two #1's in a big way...not sure what the new Cooks owner thinks he is getting but I got a feeling he is going to be disappointed...

41 minutes ago, RushHour said:

14 team PPR IDP

woah. that's a lot for cooks. one first is probably enough

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The Rams are a bad spot?

that's debatable. 24th in passing last year. but offenses evolve. I'm not sure it's a great spot. when I think dynamic pass offenses with more than 2 fantasy options I dont think Rams.

but I can see how people are excited about that offense

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

woah. that's a lot for cooks. one first is probably enough

Yeah I tend to agree, thought it was interesting though. I can see both sides.

The guy getting Cooks is pretty strong at TE and doesn’t really need Burton. If the pick next year is later in a weaker class, it might look ok if Cooks gives you back end WR1 production.

I like Cooks and think he has more upside than most with the Rams but you can’t deny there’s a fair bit of risk there. Future picks are almost impossible to project this early too - if they end up being high then it’s probably a fleecing unless Cooks has a top 5 season. 

FFPC

Gave: Rashaad Penny

Got: Christian Kirk, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Jordan Wilkins

I really like Penny's running style and he'll get a full workload as a first round pick, but the Seattle offensive line worries me and Brian Schottenheimer at OC even more so.  Thought this was pretty good value as I think Kirk is the next Tate and someone emerges in the GB backfield.  Wilkins as an upside throw in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skinfanjon said:

FFPC

I really like Penny's running style and he'll get a full workload as a first round pick, but the Seattle offensive line worries me and Brian Schottenheimer at OC even more so.  Thought this was pretty good value as I think Kirk is the next Tate and someone emerges in the GB backfield.  Wilkins as an upside throw in.

Seems like a good return for me but I’d personally take Kirk over Penny so the others are just a bonus even though I’m only really interested in Jones (assuming you have roster space).

21 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Seems like a good return for me but I’d personally take Kirk over Penny so the others are just a bonus even though I’m only really interested in Jones (assuming you have roster space).

I'm currently one over par for roster size and there's a guy on waivers I will target aggressively.

Wilkins is definitely a cut candidate, depending on how training camp goes.

2 hours ago, Acrobat7 said:

Like it a lot for you. In 10 teamers it’s even more about getting studs, and Lamar has that potential. 

I agree, though I fully expect to have to wait until at least 2019 on Jackson.  Not that I think Flacco will play great, but I think we (Ravens fan) will win enough games to where we don’t make that change this year, and who knows about next.  Still liked the deal though and LJax wasn’t much of a risk here given that he was a throw-in.  

15 hours ago, Blick said:

Team A gets Marvin Jones/Mark Ingram

Team B gets Golden Tate/Julian Edelman 

1.5 ppr

A for me

2 hours ago, RushHour said:

14 team PPR IDP

Team B, by a fair margin

1 hour ago, sw20dan said:

Team A gives: Golden Tate

Team B gives: Albert Wilson + 2019 3rd

Tate by a mile

1 hour ago, RushHour said:

Yeah I tend to agree, thought it was interesting though. I can see both sides.

The guy getting Cooks is pretty strong at TE and doesn’t really need Burton. If the pick next year is later in a weaker class, it might look ok if Cooks gives you back end WR1 production.

I like Cooks and think he has more upside than most with the Rams but you can’t deny there’s a fair bit of risk there. Future picks are almost impossible to project this early too - if they end up being high then it’s probably a fleecing unless Cooks has a top 5 season. 

there is a misconception that this is a bad draf class. there are 2 or 3 rookie draft 1st rounder rbs and quite possibly the best wr class in 5 years

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

there is a misconception that this is a bad draf class. there are 2 or 3 rookie draft 1st rounder rbs and quite possibly the best wr class in 5 years

Yeah this was my thought as well. There are a lot of potentially big time guys coming out at wr. I'd load up on '19 picks asap

2 hours ago, skinfanjon said:

FFPC

For me personally this is Penny by a good bit even in a vacuum, and doubly so in FFPC where RBs have inflated value relative to WRs and where roster space is at a premium.

4 hours ago, skinfanjon said:

FFPC

Love this deal for what you got. Aaron Jones will out perform Penny this year. williams is a throw in IMO just in case Jones doesnt take the job and run with it. and if that's the case, then you're still good because then that means Williams is doing great. 

Kirk will have a positive future. I like kirk more than Penny. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

Just happened, not involved

12 team ppr, s/f

Team A gets- AJ Green

Team B gets- Marvin, John Ross, '19 1st, '19 2nd

team giving up the package is thin at wr, marvin was his #1, funchess his 2

Team B wins this for sure. But if Team A is making a run for the championship, this might make sense for him, but he just made his team much worse long term 

5 hours ago, skinfanjon said:

FFPC

In most dynasty leagues I'd think this was a good haul but not FFPC shorter rosters. I know on my FFPC teams I just don't have room to fit 2-3 more players  and would not give up Penny who is clearly the most valued asset in this deal and bloat my roster.

16 minutes ago, menobrown said:

In most dynasty leagues I'd think this was a good haul but not FFPC shorter rosters. I know on my FFPC teams I just don't have room to fit 2-3 more players  and would not give up Penny who is clearly the most valued asset in this deal and bloat my roster.

I was definitely torn.  This is for a recently completed start-up and I went top heavy (DJ, Hopkins), so I have acceptable cut candidates.  The main question for me was weighing the GB backfield + Kirk against Penny.  I tend to think someone will emerge in GB and could outscore Penny this year, although I prefer his prospects long term.  I just don't trust Brian Schottenheimer, their schedule, O-line, or general direction as a team right now.

It's a $1,250 league and our sidebets are already around $10k lol.  I consider myself one of the top 2 or 3 contenders this year so was trying to get as much in season value as I could without killing myself long term.  Lots of cabbage on the table this year.  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Team B wins this for sure. But if Team A is making a run for the championship, this might make sense for him, but he just made his team much worse long term 

dunno about championship

projected starters ;

Wilson/Dak

Hunt/Ajayi

Green/Funchess/Godwin

Ertz

+two scrubs to flex, which he literally doesnt have, when byes start he is gonna be in rough shape

1 hour ago, skinfanjon said:

I was definitely torn.  This is for a recently completed start-up and I went top heavy (DJ, Hopkins), so I have acceptable cut candidates.  The main question for me was weighing the GB backfield + Kirk against Penny.  I tend to think someone will emerge in GB and could outscore Penny this year, although I prefer his prospects long term.  I just don't trust Brian Schottenheimer, their schedule, O-line, or general direction as a team right now.

It's a $1,250 league and our sidebets are already around $10k lol.  I consider myself one of the top 2 or 3 contenders this year so was trying to get as much in season value as I could without killing myself long term.  Lots of cabbage on the table this year.  

I like Penny a lot, and I agree that roster space in FFPC is very precious, and difficult to manage.  But *if* a clear winner emerges as the back to have in GB, then I see them as roughly equal to Penny, although his #1 status is increasingly in question, too.  So it might be a free Kirk and Wilkins.  But roster space is often the tiebreaker for me in these deals.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Big one just went down.  12 team non-PPR:

Team A acquired: Todd Gurley, Devin Funchess, Alex Collins, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and 2.11

Team B acquired:  Le'Veon Bell, Mike Evans, Mark Ingram,and 2019 2nd (likely late)

Wow. That's quite the blockbuster

I like Gurley over Bell, but not by much
Evans way over Funchess (and I'm a critic of evans) 
Ingram over Collins by a lot
2.11 vs 2019 2nd is a wash IMO. 

So does (Gurley > Bell) + JuJu = (Evans >> Funchess) + (Ingram >> Collins)?

I say no. So I'd take Team B

47 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

Not involved.

Team A can win

Team B rebuilding 

A receives Gurley, Montgomery, DT

B receives 1.1, 1.7, 2.5

1.1 in 2018 or 2019?

If 2018 then I like it for both teams. I think B could have gotten maybe another pick. A 2nd rounder or even a player. Would have been nice to get a guy like Godwin in the deal- a 2nd year player who had a down rookie year but a bright future. 

If in 2019 then I like Team A by a mile. 2019 doesn't have a Barkley level talent. 

35 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Big one just went down.  12 team non-PPR:

Team A acquired: Todd Gurley, Devin Funchess, Alex Collins, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and 2.11

Team B acquired:  Le'Veon Bell, Mike Evans, Mark Ingram,and 2019 2nd (likely late)

With Bell very likely NOT back in Pittsburgh, this is an easy win for the Gurley/JuJu side to me.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

1.1 in 2018 or 2019?

If 2018 then I like it for both teams. I think B could have gotten maybe another pick. A 2nd rounder or even a player. Would have been nice to get a guy like Godwin in the deal- a 2nd year player who had a down rookie year but a bright future. 

If in 2019 then I like Team A by a mile. 2019 doesn't have a Barkley level talent. 

It’s gotta be 18. They won’t know the draft order for 19 yet.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Probably not too helpful but...

Gave: Matt Breida, two 2019 3rds

Got: 2019 2nd

Sold to the McKinnon owner.

I’ve been trying to sell Breida to the McKinnon owner for just a late second, but he’s not buying. Maybe I’ll throw a third in and see if that does it.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:55 PM, Pwingles said:

Just happened, not involved

12 team ppr, s/f

Team A gets- AJ Green

Team B gets- Marvin, John Ross, '19 1st, '19 2nd

team giving up the package is thin at wr, marvin was his #1, funchess his 2

Team B - next years draft class has elite WR potential. Green, 30 is on the downside of his career imo. 

Edited by Tejas

On 7/24/2018 at 8:56 AM, skinfanjon said:

FFPC

Jones/Williams/Kirk

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****