What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Grow up

Just type Team A, B, etc. 

Also not smart to insult well known, intelligent posters in here when you're looking for their advice. 
Try to reign in your outrage.  Not looking for any advice and me providing information on our dynasty trades is actually me providing a service to you.

10 Team Dynasty, with IDP

Team A receives J Conner, A Ekeler (he also owns Bell and Gordon)

Team B receives Everson Griffen, Dede Westbrook (throw in), K Dixon (throw in), 2019 1st - most likely very late., 2019 3rd - most likely very early. 

Last edited by a moderator:
10 team non PPR - QRWWFFT

A gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QB;Mack, Marlon IND RB;Kirk, Christian ARI WR;Burton, Trey CHI TE; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick (likely early)

B gave up Carr, Derek OAK QB;Anderson, C.J. CAR RB;Conner, James PIT RB;Benjamin, Kelvin BUF WR;Ebron, Eric IND TE

10 team non PPR - QRWWFFT

A gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QB;Mack, Marlon IND RB;Kirk, Christian ARI WR;Burton, Trey CHI TE; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick (likely early)

B gave up Carr, Derek OAK QB;Anderson, C.J. CAR RB;Conner, James PIT RB;Benjamin, Kelvin BUF WR;Ebron, Eric IND TE
Not even close.  Team A got robbed.  

Doesn't seem that bad to me. Carr and Ryan are pretty similar... Ryan is better but older. CJA is 27 but he'll be relevant longer than Mack will. Kelvin is meh, but Kirk is an unknown at this point. Burton certainly has more hype than Ebron, but Ebron did just record 5 catches in 2 quarters with Luck. Then a 2nd for Conner... maybe he's got Bell? Either way, it seems team A lost this trade, but it wasn't robbery. 

Was initially thinking the same thing.  But the James Conner part got me thinking.  Neither QB is a weekly starter for their new teams, and are pretty even backups.  The rest are mostly just pieces.....but Conner could be a weekly starting RB2 with RB1 upside as early as Sunday. 

Was initially thinking the same thing.  But the James Conner part got me thinking.  Neither QB is a weekly starter for their new teams, and are pretty even backups.  The rest are mostly just pieces.....but Conner could be a weekly starting RB2 with RB1 upside as early as Sunday. 
I think Burton has big potential in that offense.  

Doesn't seem that bad to me. Carr and Ryan are pretty similar... Ryan is better but older. CJA is 27 but he'll be relevant longer than Mack will. Kelvin is meh, but Kirk is an unknown at this point. Burton certainly has more hype than Ebron, but Ebron did just record 5 catches in 2 quarters with Luck. Then a 2nd for Conner... maybe he's got Bell? Either way, it seems team A lost this trade, but it wasn't robbery. 
Neither team has Bell.  The move was definitely done so A could have Conner.  I immediately offered A a future 2nd and 3rd round rookie pick for Conner, and he simply replied "no".

Neither team has Bell.  The move was definitely done so A could have Conner.  I immediately offered A a future 2nd and 3rd round rookie pick for Conner, and he simply replied "no".
Damn, that's steep. People expecting a lengthy hold out or that he'll get the job next year? I know there was a guy in the dynasty value thread that seemed convinced Conner was going to get the job. Seemed like wishful thinking.

Just how I break it down:  I wouldn't trade Burton for Benjamin and Ebron (I probably like him more than most and dislike the other two more than most).  Then, the early 2nd for Conner seems about fair, though I could see arguments that he's worth more or less.  Leaves Carr and CJA for Ryan, Mack, and Kirk.  

Damn, that's steep. People expecting a lengthy hold out or that he'll get the job next year? I know there was a guy in the dynasty value thread that seemed convinced Conner was going to get the job. Seemed like wishful thinking.
Well, both.  And both seem pretty likely at this point, or at least a decent shot at each.  If Bell does in fact sit out, Conner is really the only option that Pitt has (and looks like he has his teammates backing him).  Next year, no way Bell is on that roster.  Will a rookie unseat him as the top back there if he was the "starter" for 10 weeks this season?  I don't think many top backs are coming out next year, plus Pitt likely picking near the end of each round.  And really, how many average 2nd and 3rd round rookie picks work out well enough to garner starting in a 10 team league?  How many get you a "starting" NFL RB on a top offense, and can do so a year before you even use the pick on them?

Well, both.  And both seem pretty likely at this point, or at least a decent shot at each.  If Bell does in fact sit out, Conner is really the only option that Pitt has (and looks like he has his teammates backing him).  Next year, no way Bell is on that roster.  Will a rookie unseat him as the top back there if he was the "starter" for 10 weeks this season?  I don't think many top backs are coming out next year, plus Pitt likely picking near the end of each round.  And really, how many average 2nd and 3rd round rookie picks work out well enough to garner starting in a 10 team league?  How many get you a "starting" NFL RB on a top offense, and can do so a year before you even use the pick on them?
I can't remember who will be free agents, but I think Ingram would do well in the PIT system. I don't expect PIT to give anyone 80%+ of the snaps like they have with Bell, so whoever is there won't be as valuable as people are expecting. 

Can players sit out 6 games or 10 games? Either way, that's a lot of pay checks to give up for Bell. 

As for value, I agree that 2nd and 3rd round picks are dart throws, however they carry a lot of value during your draft. You can usually get some nice veterans if you wait until the draft to trade. They are worth the least right now.

You still haven't figured this out?  I picked him up last night and have already turned down a '19 1st rounder.

Even if you don't like him, he's a great trading chip.

You still haven't figured this out?  I picked him up last night and have already turned down a '19 1st rounder.

Even if you don't like him, he's a great trading chip.
The recent news of Bell very possibly sitting out week 1 has skyrocketed his value (if he was so valuable before that news, what does it say that you play in a dynasty league where he was on waivers?).

I actually really like Conner's story (who doesn't?) and I'm rooting for him, however, I'm realistic and don't think they are going to hand him the job next year. If Bell does indeed sit out then it is a great opportunity for Conner to audition for the 2019 job. But I don't think he's ever had more than a few carries in an NFL game and I'm not one to get hyped about the preseason, so there's no evidence to date that he's a starting NFL talent. 

I can't remember who will be free agents, but I think Ingram would do well in the PIT system. I don't expect PIT to give anyone 80%+ of the snaps like they have with Bell, so whoever is there won't be as valuable as people are expecting. 
I think Steven Ridley and Jaylen Samuels are going to see more run in the Pitt backfield than Conner owners are expecting if Bell does sit out.

I think Steven Ridley and Jaylen Samuels are going to see more run in the Pitt backfield than Conner owners are expecting if Bell does sit out.
Agreed. I guess people saw PIT plug in DeAngelo for 4 games and just assume they'll do the same with Conner, but they forget that DeAngelo was actually extremely talented* and they had no depth behind him.

*Once averaged 5.5 ypc with Jake Delhomme (I think) as his QB.

Agreed. I guess people saw PIT plug in DeAngelo for 4 games and just assume they'll do the same with Conner, but they forget that DeAngelo was actually extremely talented* and they had no depth behind him.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin responded with a simple "James" when asked why he is more comfortable with Bell's holdout this year than last, per Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com. He then went on to praise the second-year running back.

"[He's gone from] being a rookie that missed a lot of time due to soft tissue injuries and lack of general readiness, to a guy that's done the things that we've outlined several minutes in here," Tomlin said.

Samuels is more of a gadget guy than a running back.  Stevan Ridley???  Seriously??

The recent news of Bell very possibly sitting out week 1 has skyrocketed his value (if he was so valuable before that news, what does it say that you play in a dynasty league where he was on waivers?).

I actually really like Conner's story (who doesn't?) and I'm rooting for him, however, I'm realistic and don't think they are going to hand him the job next year. If Bell does indeed sit out then it is a great opportunity for Conner to audition for the 2019 job. But I don't think he's ever had more than a few carries in an NFL game and I'm not one to get hyped about the preseason, so there's no evidence to date that he's a starting NFL talent. 
The same could be said of any rookie, though.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin responded with a simple "James" when asked why he is more comfortable with Bell's holdout this year than last, per Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com. He then went on to praise the second-year running back.

"[He's gone from] being a rookie that missed a lot of time due to soft tissue injuries and lack of general readiness, to a guy that's done the things that we've outlined several minutes in here," Tomlin said.

Samuels is more of a gadget guy than a running back.  Stevan Ridley???  Seriously??
I know you want to get excited about a guy you just picked up off of waivers (should not have even been on waivers in a serious league), so I'm obviously not going to stop you from getting hyped over the preseason and some coach speak. Go crazy!  :towelwave:

I agree. What are you trying to say?

Some rookies were drafted to start, though. Big difference between a guy like Royce vs. Conner. 
Well, back to the original trade - say that A immediately flipped Conner for the future (2020) 2nd and 3rd from me.  How would you feel about his trade(s) then?

Well, back to the original trade - say that A immediately flipped Conner for the future (2020) 2nd and 3rd from me.  How would you feel about his trade(s) then?
I'd rather have those picks. And with those picks I'd trade them during the draft for either future picks or undervalued veterans. I agree with you that the odds of a 2nd round pick hitting are pretty low, but if you get an early 2nd, you can often turn that into a 1st next year or a pretty solid 28-30 year old veteran. Marvin Jones was going for a mid-2nd in this thread earlier this offseason. That's crazy to me. I'd definitely take Jones over Conner. 

I know you want to get excited about a guy you just picked up off of waivers (should not have even been on waivers in a serious league), so I'm obviously not going to stop you from getting hyped over the preseason and some coach speak. Go crazy!  :towelwave:
$1250 FFPC and extremely competitive.  Thanks for your concern.

Hot off the press. Two seasoned players, both Steeler fans.

14-team 1qb 1rb 2wr 1te 1flex .5ppr

Team A gets: Melvin Gordon, Corey Clement, and projected 2019 2.13

Team B gets: Leveon Bell, Allen Hurns

Bell just got traded in one of my dynasty leagues

10 team 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1superflex/ppr/idp 100 contract year per team

Team A gets:

Bell (5 year contract)

Team B gets:

McCaffrey(6 year contract)

Corey Davis (open contract, new owner can assign any length)

It is a strange world we live in when Stevan Ridley and a rookie talked up by draftniks as a potential position switch are considered quality depth.

It is a strange world we live in when Stevan Ridley and a rookie talked up by draftniks as a potential position switch are considered quality depth.
Ha, I wouldn't call them quality but I would call them better than what PIT had behind Bell/DeAngelo.

Bell just got traded in one of my dynasty leagues

10 team 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1superflex/ppr/idp 100 contract year per team

Team A gets:

Bell (5 year contract)

Team B gets:

McCaffrey(6 year contract)

Corey Davis (open contract, new owner can assign any length)
Team B all day. As a CMC owner would not move him s/u for Bell.

ETA: Sorry should stipulate competing CMC owner coming off championship. Bell 2018 risk not worth it for me.

Not a trade but Conner was on waivers and since the first run got processed yesterday, he went for 90% of someones FAAB.  Just a data point.  

At the risk of defending a position I really didn't take - Ridley is decent depth (and was more than that before an ACL tear). He looked good enough during his two game audition at the end of 2017 that the Steeler's brought him back.

As far as Samuels goes I would expect that he'd "chip in" and grab some of the targets that would have normally gone to Bell at Conner's expense.

The bottom line is I don't see Conner as being special enough to take on all of the workload that Bell saw so going back to what I actually said "I think Steven Ridley and Jaylen Samuels are going to see more run in the Pitt backfield than Conner owners are expecting if Bell does sit out" - in other words it would be closer to a RBBC than it was in the past. I'd still expect Conner to lead the way, but I wouldn't expect monster stats as the team wouldn't be relying on him like they did with Bell. I also think McDonald and Washington would see a bigger target share than James and Bryant did last season in their roles.

With all of this said, I still think Bell signs on Saturday (although I'm not nearly as confident now).

Also if someone offered you a 1st for Conner you have a 2nd non competitive owner in your league. And if you turned that down, you have a 3rd.
And if someone has this much to say about it after I already stepped away from the conversation, we have a first class ########. (You)

10 Team Dynasty, with IDP

Team A receives J Conner, A Ekeler (he also owns Bell and Gordon)

Team B receives Everson Griffen, Dede Westbrook (throw in), K Dixon (throw in), 2019 1st - most likely very late., 2019 3rd - most likely very early. 
Any feedback on this? 

Team B robbed them
It looks like that now, but we'll see how things change if Conner starts more than six games this year, or gets the starting nod next year. Also, if Gordon goes down, Ekeler becomes a RB2 instantly. 

I am team B, and had a hard time letting both of these RB's go, but sell on the news...

I think the two "throw ins" would have been more than enough to pay for those handcuff backs.
Eh, I'm not sure how long either will be on my roster. Hard to get excited about a WR who is third on the pecking order, on a run oriented team, with Bortles at QB. Dixon? Eh, if Collins goes down, we'll see a timeshare between him and Allen.

skycriesmary said:
Eh, I'm not sure how long either will be on my roster. Hard to get excited about a WR who is third on the pecking order, on a run oriented team, with Bortles at QB. Dixon? Eh, if Collins goes down, we'll see a timeshare between him and Allen.
I'm not a huge Dixon fan but he's worth just as much as Ekeler or Conner (pre-holdout for Bell at least) and many in the community love Westbrook. If you posted a Westbrook and Dixon for Ekeler and Conner deal in this thread no one would blink. Some would even take the Westbrook side I'd imagine.

Adding an IDP player and first and third is crazy.

A gave up McCarron, A.J. OAK QB;Ross, John CIN WR
B gave up Mack, Marlon IND RB;Gregory, Randy DAL DE; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from B; $2.00 in blind bidding

A gave up Cole, Keelan JAC WR;Thielen, Adam MIN WR; Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from C
B gave up Green, A.J. CIN WR

A gave up Barber, Peyton TBB RB;Fuller, Will HOU WR;Goedert, Dallas PHI TE
B gave up Cooks, Brandin LAR WR

A gave up Shepard, Sterling NYG WR; Year 2019 Round 4 Draft Pick from A
B gave up Ross, John CIN WR

A gave up Hunt, Kareem KCC RB;Attaochu, Jeremiah FA DE;Ogbah, Emmanuel CLE DE
B gave up Gillislee, Mike NOS RB;Penny, Rashaad SEA RB;Jack, Myles JAC LB

A gave up Guice, Derrius WAS RB; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from A
B gave up Freeman, Royce DEN RB; Year 2019 Round 4 Draft Pick from B

A gave up Conner, James PIT RB
B gave up Kirk, Christian ARI WR

A gave up Brees, Drew NOS QB;Addison, Mario CAR DE;Klein, A.J. NOS LB
B gave up Mariota, Marcus TEN QB;Barber, Peyton TBB RB

It looks like that now, but we'll see how things change if Conner starts more than six games this year, or gets the starting nod next year. Also, if Gordon goes down, Ekeler becomes a RB2 instantly. 

I am team B, and had a hard time letting both of these RB's go, but sell on the news...
Of course you are, that's clear from the post and the seeking of praise for robbing someone.  Nice job.

Of course you are, that's clear from the post and the seeking of praise for robbing someone.  Nice job.
I can see how you might assume that, but I was actually just looking for feedback, not validation. If Conner ends up being the starter for the Steelers next year, it won't be robbing someone at all. Also, Ekeler already has flex value even when Gordon is healthy. 

Users who are viewing this thread