What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (37 Viewers)

And if that 3rd is the 3.1 (extremely likely if you see this dude’s roster) and my 2nd is a 2.9 to 2.12? I made the deal since I think I moved down 5-6 picks at most to gain 3 free dart throws. 
At some point the opportunity cost of roster space vs draft picks comes into play.  If that's not a concern and you feel like having extra ####ty picks is beneficial, than whatevs.

You'll never convince me that you basically gave up somewhere between 4 and 10 draft slots and got anything good in return.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC:

Gave: Darrell Henderson

Got: Hockenson

I had got shut out on Hockenson on my rookie drafts so was happy to see this offer. Position wise it makes no sense for my team since I'm fairly thin at RB and have an army of TE's but my team is not a contender so for this year not worrying about positions, just trying add as much long term talent as I can.
Hockenson by a ton in FFPC, regardless of team needs.

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: Cam Newton

Got: Pettis and 3.4

I also have Watson and Winston (1 start QB league) and needed WR help. 

Anyone seeing Bell transactions out there?  Getting very low offers for him and wondering where his value is.  
This just happened in a league where the 1.11 was on the clock. (ppr)

Team A gave- Bell and 2.11

Team B gave- 1.11, 3.11 and 2020 1st.  The first is middle of the road. It really depends on what Bell does. If he plays good the team is a solid playoff team, if not they probably fall to 4 or 5. 

Forgot to add- Took Deebo Samuel at 11. 

And if that 3rd is the 3.1 (extremely likely if you see this dude’s roster) and my 2nd is a 2.9 to 2.12? I made the deal since I think I moved down 5-6 picks at most to gain 3 free dart throws. 
See the problem with this is that you are assuming that A. you will perform well enough to merit a 9-12 spot next year (injuries can change this) and B. that your trade partner will continue to as bad as he was this last year. Lastly, you should've just waited to do this next year after picks were locked in. There's no reason to do this type of trade now.

Why would the Mixon owner accept that? - and LOL on including the 2020 4th and 5th to make it work.
Same owner that a few pages back traded me the 1.02 for kerryon which i was pretty much universally assigned a loss.

Same owner that traded Dalvin Cook to @Pwingles for under market imo. 

Needless to say the guy buys and sells pieces regularly and most are bad

This just happened in a league where the 1.11 was on the clock. (ppr)

Team A gave- Bell and 2.11

Team B gave- 1.11, 3.11 and 2020 1st.  The first is middle of the road. It really depends on what Bell does. If he plays good the team is a solid playoff team, if not they probably fall to 4 or 5. 
Who did he take at 11?

How did he fall to 3.04?
In my recent FFPC draft (where QBs value is super depressed) I grabbed Haskins at 5.1! Just couldn’t let him slip anymore even though I already have Luck and Cam. Hope to turn one of Cam or Haskins into a 2nd rounder during the regular season if one of them starts lighting it up. 

Maybe it's just my ignorance on this type of format, but that seems like an extremely high price to pay for DJ.  Curious where the picks are projected to be.  
1 rb 1 wr and 2 flex seems to put a ton of emphasis on studs. Michel and boyd are flex players at best in that format.  

Maybe it's just my ignorance on this type of format, but that seems like an extremely high price to pay for DJ.  Curious where the picks are projected to be.  
It is a high price to pay.  bostonfred is correct the emphasis is more on studs in this league.  

After this trade I would say the 2nd would probably be late, that's my pick.  It's a 12 team PPR I'll list main pieces to my team now after trade:

QB: Watson

RB: Da. Johnson, K. Hunt

WR: OBJ, M. Evans, R. Woods, Coutee

TE: Ebron

The first is now probably mid.  It was the trade partners first I sent back to him in this trade.  His main pieces:

QB: Trubisky

RB: Gurley, Michel, D. Williams

WR: Diggs, Golladay, Boyd

TE: Njoku

Non-PPR

Traded Carlos Hyde for 2020 1st (Late, 9-14)

Trade Ito Smith for 2020 1st (Late, 9-14)

I have lots of RBs (Kamara, James Conner, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Derrius Guice, Josh Jacobs incoming) and I needed to cut 2 players to make room for incoming rookies, instead of cutting my worst players I traded these 2. 

Non-PPR

I have lots of RBs (Kamara, James Conner, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Derrius Guice, Josh Jacobs incoming) and I needed to cut 2 players to make room for incoming rookies, instead of cutting my worst players I traded these 2. 
I wish I could get anything near a 1st for both of those together  much less one for each.  Nice steal.

Non-PPR

These guys each deserve a 3rd.

Good robbery. 

Non-PPR

You don't need to explain why you would make those trades but I would like to know why would the other teams do that?

ETA: and I guess we know how you're so stacked at RB.

I think AJG has 3-4 years of top 15 WR left in him. 
That's pretty bold.

• He's missed time to injuries two of the last three years
  • He'll be 31 before the season starts
  • The last time he played 16 games (2017), he was WR13 ppg despite being WR8 in targets
I'll gladly take a shot on him in redraft for the right price with the expectation of low-end WR1 numbers, but I'd need a hell of a deal to trade for him in a dynasty league.

Non-PPR

Highway robbery lol

You don't need to explain why you would make those trades but I would like to know why would the other teams do that?

ETA: and I guess we know how you're so stacked at RB.
The guy who traded for Hyde believes he'll be the 1st and 2nd down back over Damien Williams, he had 2 1st rounders in 2020, and his team is talented elsewhere but he needed an upgrade at RB2 and thought Hyde was an upgrade and possible top 20 RB this year.

The person trading for Ito has Devonta Freeman and lacks depth, so if Freeman gets injured again they'd be in trouble, and they appear to be a contender again this year. With Todd Monken back, they think that Atlanta will be a high scoring offense and locking down the RB1 in Atlanta is valuable. Also had 2 1sts in 2020. 

I tried to target people with multiple assets in the hope that they were more willing to part with the 1st assumed to be later. 

They are both incredibly dumb trades no matter what "logic" is being bandied about (sorry I know that sounds harsh).

Thinking Hyde is going to be a top 20 back this year is one thing but paying for him like he is, is another. He's 29 and hasn't looked good in a number of years. I can't imagine anyone else that plays fantasy football would even consider giving a first for him. Ito looked average at best last year and is not a long term option for Atlanta. If he was so worried about RB depth, if Freeman got hurt, use the first to get a good RB (even if its an aging veteran) and if you want Smith only pay what he's really worth (a third).

They each gave you first round picks for the waiver wire fodder at the end of your bench. Just because you have multiple firsts doesn't mean you can throw them away. Obviously I can't blame you for sending those offers or making those deals but it's not even close to market value and it shows poorly on your trade partners (and I guess somehow those are the good teams in that league).
Exactly.

I traded my 2020 1st away for David Johnson a few weeks ago to a weak owner and my league was in an uproar about that (in the other direction), which they should be.

But wow, trading a 2020 first for Hyde or Ito? That's crazy talk.

Traded Phlip Lindsay and Ryan Fitzpatrick

Got Andrew Luck

6 pt per pass TD and PPR league. Lindsay was my probably my 5th best RB (behind Gurley, Bell, Conner, and D.Williams).  At QB, I had Winston with Fitz, Bortles, and Grier behind him.  I think Winston will be better with Arians in charge, but felt like I could use an upgrade.

Traded Phlip Lindsay and Ryan Fitzpatrick

Got Andrew Luck

6 pt per pass TD and PPR league. Lindsay was my probably my 5th best RB (behind Gurley, Bell, Conner, and D.Williams).  At QB, I had Winston with Fitz, Bortles, and Grier behind him.  I think Winston will be better with Arians in charge, but felt like I could use an upgrade.
You must have been trading with Sancho Panza again, Sir Don Quixote .  .  .  .  .  . :devil:

kutta said:
Exactly.

I traded my 2020 1st away for David Johnson a few weeks ago to a weak owner and my league was in an uproar about that (in the other direction), which they should be.

But wow, trading a 2020 first for Hyde or Ito? That's crazy talk.
I can't get a 3rd for either. And believe me I have tried. Getting a 1st for either is ridiculous regardless of their reasoning.

steelers1080 said:
Non-PPR

So you sold them on those pitches, no way any savvy owner believes those 2 are worth 1sts.  I don't care how optimistic you might be on the guy, a sense of realism should be hitting.  These are the types of trades that literally make me  :wall: because of stupidity.  And then I proceed to try and trade rape them in an offer of my own.  

I swear I can't find these idiots in any of my leagues.  

12 Team PPR  // Not involved                  (Same Team A & Team B in both deals - separate transactions)

Team A gave up Zay Jones Buf WR

Team B gave up Tyreek Hill KC WR

Team A gave up Robby Anderson NYJ WR

Team B gave up Jordan Howard Phil RB & Nelson Agholor Phil WR

Users who are viewing this thread