What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

ghostguy123 said:
Two trades went down in my league:

Trade A

Team 1 gets

2017 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Team 2 gets

L Murray

Team 3 gets

Allen Robinson

Team 4 gets

Alshon Jeffrey, Gio Bernard, 2016 3rd rounder
Insane haul for Murray. I'll take the picks.

Second one I'll take Robinson but at least it's closer.
How is that an "insane haul"? For one, no idea where the picks are projected. If they are late, I would pay all late picks for Murray
I wouldn't call it an "insane haul" but I'd move Murray for that. I have a feeling his owners will be left holding the bad after FA or the draft. RB is a spot where the team can upgrade offensively.

mzkp54 said:
12 team PPR

AJ Green

Jamaal Charles

for

Leveon Bell

Brandon Marshall
bell side

menobrown said:
12 team PPR, 3 WR start minimum:

Tyler Lockett

For

mzkp54 said:
12 team PPR, Superflex, IDP

Jordan Matthews

for

JMatt

FFPC 12-teamer

A) Russ Wilson and 3rd rounder

B) Carson Palmer, Tevin Coleman, and 4th rounder
wilson

12 team PPR. Can start the max of three WR's.

Josh Gordon

for

2016 1.10
Gordon

ILUVBEER99 said:
FreeBaGeL said:
ghostguy123 said:
Two trades went down in my league:

Trade A

Team 1 gets

2017 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Team 2 gets

L Murray

Team 3 gets

Allen Robinson

Team 4 gets

Alshon Jeffrey, Gio Bernard, 2016 3rd rounder
Insane haul for Murray. I'll take the picks.Second one I'll take Robinson but at least it's closer.
How is that an "insane haul"? For one, no idea where the picks are projected. If they are late, I would pay all late picks for Murray
I think a random 1st is worth a fair amount more than Murray on its own, nevermind the 2nd (and the rest, which have little value but they're still something being thrown in on the wrong side).If I've learned anything the last few years it's that you can't count on picks being late. FF is a crazy and fickle game and I have seen some real behemoth looking teams end up with early picks (and the OP didn't even claim the picks were coming from a behemoth here).

Meanwhile Latavius was just ok this year and quite a few mocks have them using a day 1 or 2 pick on a RB, nevermind the FA market which looks fairly strong for RBs this year.
Very good point about predicting future rookie picks. With injuries, underperformers, etc there are so many weird things that happen. Seen predicted off season "top" teams end up flopping and low ranked teams make playoffs many times over the years.
I have been rather good predicting future picks, so I will always go with my own predictions for deals like this. That said, I have no idea what any of the teams look like (or also who the owners are which is almost as important as the current rosters), so hard to say. Just saying that if I personally predict all those picks to be late picks, then I think I would consider paying that for Murray, and no way I could consider it anything close to "an insane haul".

Also the "I will give you my entire draft" eyes bigger than your stomach type of offer does get a lot of people to bite.

If I was shopping Murray, I would rather take a future 1st from a team I predict to miss the playoffs than all those late round picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
DYnasty $220 cap ..Offered Kelvin Benjamin $16 and Tavon Austin $10 for Watkins $27. As a cam owner im intrigued with the combo

Based on rankings people are making it looks like some of you value: JMatthews > 1.5 > Lockett.

This seems surprising, anyone willing to unpack their reasoning?

Based on rankings people are making it looks like some of you value: JMatthews > 1.5 > Lockett.

For me the reasoning is i prefer big wr's, he is young with massive upside and a stable qb situation (and less drops) could turn him into a beast. Lockett is what he is. High upside low floor and without return yardage he is a wr 3/4 at the moment. Id rather gamble on the 1.05 over lockett and try and get a legit rb1/wr1-2 upside guy.

Why is that surprising?
Because I keep seeing rankings going forward with Lockett listed as a solid WR2, and ahead of Matthews. Folks clearly don't agree with those rankings if they would deal Lockett for a mid-first in a shallow draft. Just curious. The post above from Pwingles was a solid explanation, and one I can agree with.

Why is that surprising?
I'd classify it as either surprising or something I don't agree with and I'm the guy who just traded away Lockett. FWIW that offer was not one I made, just one I got and thought made sense.

But I view them this way: 1.5>Lockett>Matthews

I don't own Matthews but if I did and was offered something like pick 1.10 the only reason I would not accept is to hold out for more time and see if I can get a better deal. But if I knew I could not I absolutely would value 1.10 over Matthews, not over Lockett.

Why so down on Matthews? He's a pure slot guy. Per PFF only got 8 targets for 27 yards last year when not lined up in the slot. He has shown me nothing to suggest he's an above average outside WR. So we have a big slot WR. That's not for everyone, not for every team.. It worked a lot of years with Colston but it's rare for slot guys to be this big. My contention with him is he's a system guy, and the system just left town. It's my strong belief he drops in all categories, targets/receptions/yards/TD's. Locket on the other hand is going to keep rising.

Why is that surprising?
I'd classify it as either surprising or something I don't agree with and I'm the guy who just traded away Lockett. FWIW that offer was not one I made, just one I got and thought made sense.

But I view them this way: 1.5>Lockett>Matthews

I don't own Matthews but if I did and was offered something like pick 1.10 the only reason I would not accept is to hold out for more time and see if I can get a better deal. But if I knew I could not I absolutely would value 1.10 over Matthews, not over Lockett.

Why so down on Matthews? He's a pure slot guy. Per PFF only got 8 targets for 27 yards last year when not lined up in the slot. He has shown me nothing to suggest he's an above average outside WR. So we have a big slot WR. That's not for everyone, not for every team.. It worked a lot of years with Colston but it's rare for slot guys to be this big. My contention with him is he's a system guy, and the system just left town. It's my strong belief he drops in all categories, targets/receptions/yards/TD's. Locket on the other hand is going to keep rising.
Yeah I mostly agree with the above.

However, I wouldn't have a problem with 1.05=Lockett=Matthews either.

I am not a Matthews fan but guys look at his metrics and he checks alot of boxes. When I watch games I don't necessarily see that but everyone has their own evaluations. I think Matthews has some shot at fantasy relevance but it isn't going to be easy for him.

Lockett I am high on but I have 0 problem with guys trading him away for an early-mid 1st. I mean he was at best a mid-2nd last year and while I think he is probably the guy to own in SEA it is still SEA so moving a SEA WR for a 1st is a move I couldn't hold against any owner given their history

After looking at my leagues, mathews and lockett finished 18, and 19 among wrs, however, that is including return yds at .05/yd.

Lockett finished 51/684/6

Mathews finished 85/997/8

Ppr totals 155.4 and 232.7 respectively without return yards (he finished at ~227 pts adding in the returns and return tds) I like mathews a ton more. I don't fully trust wilson as a passer, id like to see another season with numbers like this year or slightly better to invest much in any seattle non Rb

ConnSKINS26 said:
14 team PPR devy league (1 round, any class)

Gave: Dez

Got: Martavis, 2017 devy pick (highly valued in this league)
Not a huge fan of it but if devy picks are highly valued and you can capitalize it might make sense.

MBryant is a guy I would love to get this type of value from where I own him

ConnSKINS26 said:

Not a huge fan of it but if devy picks are highly valued and you can capitalize it might make sense.MBryant is a guy I would love to get this type of value from where I own him
Yeah the risk here is real, I get why you feel that way. I'm loaded at WR (Julio, Evans, Demaryius, Calvin) so I needed to get an equally high upside guy and grab some more trade ammo

ok so my side (I got Matthews), start 1 QB I still have Cam, I have OBJ as my #1 wr but then drop off to Aiken, Wheaton, Ginn, Shorts so it was dire need. Wr is my big weakness on this team

other owner only had Rivers as qb and is starting a rebuild on a team he just acquired this offseason

D Carr, 2.9,2.10, 4.11

for

Jordan Matthews
I'm in this league.

I'm pretty down on Matthews but still think for this price you stole him just for simple fact you could easily get more then what you paid.

Carr is not even a guaranteed keeper in this format for most teams and I'm guessing maybe not your team and in what I perceive as a weak draft in a league with smaller off-season rosters I won't say those late second's have no value but for sure not immense or anything.

Very nice trade for you, well done. The owner ridding himself of Matthews committed a few FFPC dynasty rookie mistakes. He over valued a non-elite QB and late seconds.

other owner only had Rivers as qb and is starting a rebuild on a team he just acquired this offseason
Weird, if I'm starting a rebuild the last place I go is to a QB.
Especially in the FFPC format. When off-season cuts go down to 14 position players you can get good QB's for next to nothing or use late round rookie picks on them.

You still have to pay for the elite young guys like Luck, but you can get a solid top 5 potential guys like Rivers, Dalton, Big Ben, etc, etc for borderline free in these leagues this time of year.

D Carr, 2.9,2.10, 4.11

for

Jordan Matthews
I'm in this league.

I'm pretty down on Matthews but still think for this price you stole him just for simple fact you could easily get more then what you paid.

Carr is not even a guaranteed keeper in this format for most teams and I'm guessing maybe not your team and in what I perceive as a weak draft in a league with smaller off-season rosters I won't say those late second's have no value but for sure not immense or anything.

Very nice trade for you, well done. The owner ridding himself of Matthews committed a few FFPC dynasty rookie mistakes. He over valued a non-elite QB and late seconds.
Agreed. Ah well...live an learn.

I have been a big Carr supporter and not big Matthews fan at all but still not a great deal

FFPC 12-team TE1.5PPR

A) AJ Green, Melvin Gordon, and 2016 2nd rounder

B) Gronk
I think Gordon is a good buy low but afraid this is not it.

Team getting Gronk cleared a valuable roster spot this time of year and walked away with biggest difference maker.

FFPC 12-team TE1.5PPR

B) Gronk

Team getting Gronk cleared a valuable roster spot this time of year and walked away with biggest difference maker.
I don't play FFPC but sounds like Gronk is easily #1 overall in this format...You have to cut rosters down in the off season?

Weird, if I'm starting a rebuild the last place I go is to a QB.
Especially in the FFPC format. When off-season cuts go down to 14 position players you can get good QB's for next to nothing or use late round rookie picks on them.

You still have to pay for the elite young guys like Luck, but you can get a solid top 5 potential guys like Rivers, Dalton, Big Ben, etc, etc for borderline free in these leagues this time of year.
I must have missed the trade that led to these comments, but yeah, going after a QB in the FFPC using valuable assets is generally a terrible idea, especially in a rebuild.

FFPC 12-team TE1.5PPR

B) Gronk

I don't play FFPC but sounds like Gronk is easily #1 overall in this format...You have to cut rosters down in the off season?
I would not put Gronk at 1.1 but it's close and for sure still top 5 overall for me.

In season rosters are 20. By February 28th you have to cut down to 16 players but you must be able to field a starting lineup so you must keep a K and D. Some people have actually kept two defenses, but what this rule means to me is I get to keep 14 position players.

ETA-and the fact it's an early cut date makes those cuts brutally tough and very difficult this time of year to pull off 2 for 1 type deals that free up roster space.

FFPC 12-team TE1.5PPR

B) Gronk

Yes, you can carry 20 players during the season, one has to be a kicker and one has to be a defense (plus up to three guys on IR).

Then at the end of Feb we have to cut down to 16 (while retaining a K and D, so really 14 positional players)

FFPC 12-team TE1.5PPR

B) Gronk

I would not put Gronk at 1.1 but it's close and for sure still top 5 overall for me.

In season rosters are 20. By February 28th you have to cut down to 16 players but you must be able to field a starting lineup so you must keep a K and D. Some people have actually kept two defenses, but what this rule means to me is I get to keep 14 position players.

ETA-and the fact it's an early cut date makes those cuts brutally tough and very difficult this time of year to pull off 2 for 1 type deals that free up roster space.
Yeah sounds like it.

If I had to cut basically 20% of my roster in leagues Gronk is easily #1 asset. I am not normally a TE premium Gronk #1 overall guy because of positional advantage + premium but that would seal it for me.

\

Yeah sounds like it.

If I had to cut basically 20% of my roster in leagues Gronk is easily #1 asset. I am not normally a TE premium Gronk #1 overall guy because of positional advantage + premium but that would seal it for me.
You can make a case for a few guys, but for me for the FFPC format, Gronk is my #1. Not by some huge margin or anything, but he is at the top

ConnSKINS26 said:

Dez by a LOT
I love Dez. But he's extremely TD dependent, receiving way less targets than the other stud WR's, and I'm not sure how much longer Romo's gonna be around to help him be as efficient as he's been with the targets he does get. Martavis has a monster ceiling but yeah, I get the big risk I just took. Most would prefer Dez I think.

ConnSKINS26 said:

Dez by a LOT
I love Dez. But he's extremely TD dependent, receiving way less targets than the other stud WR's, and I'm not sure how much longer Romo's gonna be around to help him be as efficient as he's been with the targets he does get. Martavis has a monster ceiling but yeah, I get the big risk I just took. Most would prefer Dez I think.
He is TD dependent but for me he and gronk are the 2 guys I actually overlook that on because they keep doing it. At some point TD dependent becomes TD machine but maybe different criteria for every owner

I get what you are doing though so sometimes you sell the asset you feel gives the best return

As an aside Decker scored a TD in almost every game he played this year

Dez is TD dependent?? 2012-2014 he would have scored about 220 on average each year if he scored ZERO TDs.
...and he scores a ton of TD's every year.
Maybe we have different definitions of what "TD dependent" means?
Probably. Every player is TD dependent to what degree they score TD's...I think guys that are consistently scoring double digit TD's aren't accidents/random after you see it for several years but everyone has to make their own call on that.

Dez is TD dependent?? 2012-2014 he would have scored about 220 on average each year if he scored ZERO TDs.
Probably. Every player is TD dependent to what degree they score TD's...I think guys that are consistently scoring double digit TD's aren't accidents/random after you see it for several years but everyone has to make their own call on that.
Well to me, TD dependent means that without the TDs he isn't very valuable. With Dez, he would be a WR-2 the past few seasons even if he never scored one single TD, so there is no way I could consider him to be TD dependent.

If you took the TD points away from every WR he would be right up there in points with all the top guys for the past 3-4 years.

Honestly I never thought I would hear anyone refer to Dez as "TD dependent"

Well to me, TD dependent means that without the TDs he isn't very valuable. With Dez, he would be a WR-2 the past few seasons even if he never scored one single TD, so there is no way I could consider him to be TD dependent.

If you took the TD points away from every WR he would be right up there in points with all the top guys for the past 3-4 years.

Honestly I never thought I would hear anyone refer to Dez as "TD dependent"
Maybe "TD dependent" wasn't the right term. What I mean is he doesn't see nearly the targets that most elite WR's do...markedly less, most years. So he needs to be really efficient with the ones he does get, and that includes scoring boatloads of TD's. You're both right in that after this many years its not a flukey stat, he's just a TD machine.

But without Romo, who knows. That's really what I'm saying. Maybe he becomes a target hog without Romo as someone locks onto him, especially if Witten goes too. Maybe he doesn't, and his TD totals drop for the first time due to the QB situation.

All I was trying to say was that when I look at that Dez/Demaryius/Green tier that are all 28ish and in their prime but being overtaken finally by the much younger studs, Dez is the most volatile to me long term, which lowers his value a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread