What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

Eh? I didn't trade him I acquired him. 

As for Jimmy G yeah I mostly agree. I'm going to hold thru cuts, though. I think he is a useful starter. Good not great is how I described him earlier. Entirely possible I cut him later though. 
Yeah my mistake on Conner, forgot you were getting him.  Good deal ;)

I just don't see the point in holding good but not great at QB in FFPC unless you believe he has some real upside.  Jimmy G was QB23 in PPG last year.  You can find 6 guys ranked better than that on the waiver wire at any point in the year in FFPC.  There's no way I would roster more than one of Lock/Minshew/Jimmy personally.  Even if you have room for them I'd rather use that space to buy someone on the cutting block from a stacked team for a late pick.  There are always plenty of people looking to sell good players on the cheap this time of year in FFPC.

I just don't see the point in holding good but not great at QB in FFPC unless you believe he has some real upside.  Jimmy G was QB23 in PPG last year.  You can find 6 guys ranked better than that on the waiver wire at any point in the year in FFPC.  There's no way I would roster more than one of Lock/Minshew/Jimmy personally.  Even if you have room for them I'd rather use that space to buy someone on the cutting block from a stacked team for a late pick.  There are always plenty of people looking to sell good players on the cheap this time of year in FFPC.
I honestly, speaking from even a redraft perspective, wouldn't hold more than one of those QBs in a twelve team standard. I think those are really just clogging up roster spots. 

I agree with the bolded, which is why I'm keeping him in February and March. There really *are* quality QBs available inseason. But we're not there yet. I'm not keeping him because I'm in love with him, I'm keeping him because he plays QB and my team requires a starter each week. Right now we don't actually know what is happening with Minshew, though I have faith he will be the starter and that he will improve, and I am not ready to commit to starting Lock. So the point in keeping Jimmy G is that he is serviceable and currently fills a need. I'm not planting any flag with him but I'm not ready to cut him either. As for buying good players for cheap, I've done a couple of those already, and so far the names people have been offering have been pretty lame, but I did do a couple. Also keep in mind, if another deal materializes where my extra room on my roster becomes thin, I will gladly cut one of these guys to make room. Right now I am down to 17 with probably 4 names I'm willing to cut (including Jimmy and Lock). 

I honestly, speaking from even a redraft perspective, wouldn't hold more than one of those QBs in a twelve team standard. I think those are really just clogging up roster spots. 
In FFPC I would normally agree, this is the *one* exception of my 7 FFPC (or FFPC style) leagues. In all the rest I only carry one QB. Right now there are not any difficult cut decisions on this one team that would qualify as "clogging". That is a real phenomenom but if I acquire more pieces and need to cut someone, I'll gladly cut him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say you did well in all of those deals.  That person must be a real Ian Thomas believer to make that Chark deal.
I liked his other deals but I don't play in superflex to don't usually respond to those trades. I get consensus thinks Chark is way better then Ian Thomas. I don't think people are going to feel that way in a TE premium league this time next year.

I liked his other deals but I don't play in superflex to don't usually respond to those trades. I get consensus thinks Chark is way better then Ian Thomas. I don't think people are going to feel that way in a TE premium league this time next year.
You may be right and I don't play in any TE premium leagues at all and I'm sure roster construction matters but in a vacuum, I'd rather have Chark than Thomas but Chark could be a flash in the pan also.

You may be right and I don't play in any TE premium leagues at all and I'm sure roster construction matters but in a vacuum, I'd rather have Chark than Thomas but Chark could be a flash in the pan also.
I'm not even trying to knock Chark and I admittedly got FFPC in my head to much where WR's seem to grow on trees and TE's are a little harder to come by but I think Ian Thomas is poised to breakout. But saying that  I certainly understand the player who actually did break out is more highly valued then the one someone thinks will break out. So I'm not trying to knock anyone's opinion who thinks this was a one sided deal for team getting Chark,  this is just one of those deals I think people will view differently this time next year and again that's not due to negative feelings on Chark.

I like Thomas well enough but there are 5 TEs like him every year that are going to be the next big breakout and rarely do they ever end up being so.

It's such a crapshoot.  I love getting my hands on those guys where I can as a nice lotto ticket, but I wouldn't give up someone like Chark for any of them.  There isn't any FFPC dynasty ADP data yet but in FFPC redrafts Chark is at 5.1 and Thomas at 8.9.  They are both young so I doubt that gap will be much closer in dynasty.

I like Thomas well enough but there are 5 TEs like him every year that are going to be the next big breakout and rarely do they ever end up being so.
I like to think my success rate of TE's I think are going to break out that do is a little higher then you are illustrating here and fwiw I got 3 TE's this year I belive will break out, Ian is one of the 3 and also the one I value the least of the 3.

But one thing I would say to this is I'm cutting or giving away WR's like John Brown in FFPC whose production was on par with Chark last year. Granted John Brown is older and that's a huge part of the equation but people are not walking away from productive 29 year old TE's like I'm walking away from John Brown types. So maybe Chark takes his game up another level, due to his age quite possible, but if not he's just someone I view as much more easily replaceable.

I would make it clear I would not trade Chark for Ian straight up, but felt that trade in a superflex league, which I don't play but assume it pushes QB's way up, I think that 3.2 over the 4.7 is a solid upgrade. Maybe a tad light but I felt the trade was at least close to fair,  I expect me to be on an island with that opinion, I'll be interested to see if more people want to join my island next year.

I like to think my success rate of TE's I think are going to break out that do is a little higher then you are illustrating here and fwiw I got 3 TE's this year I belive will break out, Ian is one of the 3 and also the one I value the least of the 3.

But one thing I would say to this is I'm cutting or giving away WR's like John Brown in FFPC whose production was on par with Chark last year. Granted John Brown is older and that's a huge part of the equation but people are not walking away from productive 29 year old TE's like I'm walking away from John Brown types. So maybe Chark takes his game up another level, due to his age quite possible, but if not he's just someone I view as much more easily replaceable.

I would make it clear I would not trade Chark for Ian straight up, but felt that trade in a superflex league, which I don't play but assume it pushes QB's way up, I think that 3.2 over the 4.7 is a solid upgrade. Maybe a tad light but I felt the trade was at least close to fair,  I expect me to be on an island with that opinion, I'll be interested to see if more people want to join my island next year.
We could be joining you but Ian could be what Njoku, OJ Howard, or Herndon that people were talking up this time last year.  For every 1 TE that breaks out there seems to be 2-3 that fall flat that people were way too high on early.

We could be joining you but Ian could be what Njoku, OJ Howard, or Herndon that people were talking up this time last year.  For every 1 TE that breaks out there seems to be 2-3 that fall flat that people were way too high on early.
I honestly never thought Njoku or Howard would break out last year, think both still can in right situation but neither were in that situation last year and so far nothing has changed so I still don't see them as having breakout potential unless they get moved and then I'll reassess. So with all due respect to you and freebagel when you guys throw these numbers at me of TE's that people think will break out that don't those numbers don't necessarily apply to me. But yes I for sure have misses. 

I did have Herndon as a break out candidate last year. I missed that one but then again any player who can only get in 18 snaps before his season is over is not going to break out. I'm a little less enthused about him but he still might break out but for the time being I'll own that miss.

I actually did a poor job identifying breakout TE's last year.  I had just two breakout candidates at TE last year,  Herndon and Goedert.  I did not expect big numbers from Goedert unless Ertz went down and I think his value is up so I did ok on that one. I mainly say I did a poor job last year because I failed to identify Waller and Andrews. I never saw Higbee coming either if we want to call him a breakout.

This year Hockeonson, Fant and Ian Thomas are my breakout guys-in that order.  No one will remember this talk in late December next year, but if you do I'm putting it on record and I'm good with anyone pulling this up and bashing my success rate if I fail.

I honestly never thought Njoku or Howard would break out last year, think both still can in right situation but neither were in that situation last year and so far nothing has changed so I still don't see them as having breakout potential unless they get moved and then I'll reassess. So with all due respect to you and freebagel when you guys throw these numbers at me of TE's that people think will break out that don't those numbers don't necessarily apply to me. But yes I for sure have misses. 

I did have Herndon as a break out candidate last year. I missed that one but then again any player who can only get in 18 snaps before his season is over is not going to break out. I'm a little less enthused about him but he still might break out but for the time being I'll own that miss.

I actually did a poor job identifying breakout TE's last year.  I had just two breakout candidates at TE last year,  Herndon and Goedert.  I did not expect big numbers from Goedert unless Ertz went down and I think his value is up so I did ok on that one. I mainly say I did a poor job last year because I failed to identify Waller and Andrews. I never saw Higbee coming either if we want to call him a breakout.

This year Hockeonson, Fant and Ian Thomas are my breakout guys-in that order.  No one will remember this talk in late December next year, but if you do I'm putting it on record and I'm good with anyone pulling this up and bashing my success rate if I fail.
Fant and Hockenson are more akin to Njoku/Howard imo, given their pedigree, early success, and relative ADP at this time of year.

Ian Thomas is more in that opportunity/flash area of potential TE breakouts.  His current ADP is in the same area as where Herndon, Gesicki, Andrews, Vance, and Doyle were in February of last year.  In 2018 at this time of year it was Goedert, Sefarian-Jenkins, Shaheen, Eifert, Hooper, Burton, Everett, and Jonnu.  2017 around now was Clay, Brate, Martellus, Fiedorowicz, Cook, Zach Miller.

It seems like most years there are 0-1 guys that break out from a list of 5-7 in this kind of range.  Obviously if you are good at identifying that 1 then that is a big advantage, but Chark seems like an expensive price to pay to take that shot.

Fant and Hockenson are more akin to Njoku/Howard imo, given their pedigree, early success, and relative ADP at this time of year.

Ian Thomas is more in that opportunity/flash area of potential TE breakouts.  His current ADP is in the same area as where Herndon, Gesicki, Andrews, Vance, and Doyle were in February of last year.  In 2018 at this time of year it was Goedert, Sefarian-Jenkins, Shaheen, Eifert, Hooper, Burton, Everett, and Jonnu.
You referenced Thomas having an FFPC redraft ADP of 8.9 and understand it's redraft and best ball at that but we don't have much of a guide right now. But where do you see that? Fantasymojo? The only FFPC ADP data  I see on that site  is redraft best ball and Thomas is going in 11th(ETA a lot of his ADP data was before Olsen release).

I'm seeing Fant and Hockenson as 8th round guys in that format. In FFPC best ball leagues this time last year, thru end of February, Howard had an ADP of 5.1 and Njoku at 5.5 which is about a whopping 3 round difference. Not seeing that as relative ADP right now unless you are looking at something different then me.

You referenced Thomas having an FFPC redraft ADP of 8.9 and understand it's redraft and best ball at that but we don't have much of a guide right now. But where do you see that? Fantasymojo? The only FFPC ADP data  I see on that site  is redraft best ball and Thomas is going in 11th.

I'm seeing Fant and Hockenson as 8th round guys in that format. In FFPC best ball leagues this time last year, thru end of February, Howard had an ADP of 5.1 and Njoku at 5.5 which is about a whopping 3 round difference. Not seeing that as relative ADP right now unless you are looking at something different then me.
Since there isn't yet any FFPC dynasty ADP I was just pulling from regular dynasty ADP.  Not TE Premium so not ideal but since we're not moving across positions and looking only at TEs here I figure they should all scale pretty equally when adjusted for FFPC (IE when I pulled the guys from 2017-2019 to compare to I used their non-TE premium ADP as well).

In that Fant/Hockenson currently have ADPs in the 7th/8th round.  Howard/Njoku last year were 5th round and they also all have the similarities of draft pedigree and production for rookies.  Maybe a better comparison would have been to Howard/Njoku's 2nd year ADP (7th round) but either way Fant/Hock are a lot closer to those guys than to Thomas (13th round ADP currently).

Thomas in the 13th round is more similar to the guys I mentioned above (12th-15th rounds) who were all in that same area in those other years.  Obviously Thomas' ADP will be higher in FFPC but so would those guys have been in FFPC ADP's in those other years.  I guess I probably should have included 11th round as well to get a nice even spread which would have added Burton/Hockenson in 2019, Doyle/Reed/Ebron in 2018, and Rudolph/Engram in 2017.

Again, we're in agreement. I feel the same way. I've hit on Andrews, Waller, Kittle, and I'll include Higbee just in the sense that I acquired him off waivers and now a couple weak TE groupings of mine are suddenly elite.

but either way Fant/Hock are a lot closer to those guys than to Thomas (13th round ADP currently).
Did not say otherwise, called them obvious break out candidates but still not nearly as coveted as Njoku or Howard were by the masses last year.

I'd rather have any of the Iowa TE's straight up over Chark in FFPC.  Chark is for sure worth Thomas plus, how much of a plus is where I diverge from the group here.

You keep pointing out TE's going in an area on assumption those were my breakout TE's and I'm not sure why. My opinions are purely mine and when I give them out I'm basing it on my rankings of were I had players. I will own my misses, have tried to point those out in this conversation, what and where other people valued these TE's last year is not relevant to me believing the side that got Thomas might end up prevailing.

Kind of obvious one's but I just posted them before I saw your message. And btw I'd still put Herndon as a breakout candidate so if we want to call this 4 I'm good with that but I don't feel as confident on him.
I think the important thing to remember here is that we play in at least one league together and I am shamelessly trying to steal info.  😃   But no, I was not surprised by either of those names.  They’re on my list, too.

I was really high on Andrews, Waller, and Hooper last year and had them in a ton of leagues.  I just don't know if I have Thomas there.  We don't know who will be playing QB, CMC is still going to be the man there, and I don't trust college coaches in the pros.  I do agree on Fant, Hock (to a lower level), and Jannu Smith this year.  For the record, I wasn't referring to you with OJ/Njoku....I was more talking in general.  I heard a ton of hype last year from all over about those guys and I just didn't understand it.

why was Chark given away? TE premium?
I wouldn't say he was given away and I did say that I have never played in a TE premium league so my valuation could be a little skewed in that regard.  I do think he took a huge step forward was a WR1 for most of the season and could be better if the Stache improves.  Could be a good move and the big pick upgrade makes along with TE scoring makes it relatively fair.  I just wouldn't have made the move unless I was crazy deep at WR and had a big TE need.

I think the important thing to remember here is that we play in at least one league together and I am shamelessly trying to steal info.  😃   But no, I was not surprised by either of those names.  They’re on my list, too.
Yea I know we are in the same league but you are to good at this for anything I say to influence you. Same for Aunt Jemima who often posts here but I've not seen in awhile. I don't think I'm swaying any of you on anything I say.

Did not say otherwise, called them obvious break out candidates but still not nearly as coveted as Njoku or Howard were by the masses last year.

I'd rather have any of the Iowa TE's straight up over Chark in FFPC.  Chark is for sure worth Thomas plus, how much of a plus is where I diverge from the group here.

You keep pointing out TE's going in an area on assumption those were my breakout TE's and I'm not sure why. My opinions are purely mine and when I give them out I'm basing it on my rankings of were I had players. I will own my misses, have tried to point those out in this conversation, what and where other people valued these TE's last year is not relevant to me believing the side that got Thomas might end up prevailing.
Sorry I was talking more in a general sense.  When I evaluate trades I can't/don't really account for an owner's tendencies and am typically just approaching it from a general standpoint.  Similar to sometimes you see people overpaying for picks and mentioning that they tend to draft better than average, but I don't really account for that when offering my feelings on which side of the trade came out ahead.

If you feel you're able to consistently bat well above average on those mid/late round TE breakouts then more power to ya, and I appreciate you sharing your trio for this year because I picked Herndon and Howard over Andrews and Engram in most of my drafts last year :kicksrock:

Sorry I was talking more in a general sense.  When I evaluate trades I can't/don't really account for an owner's tendencies and am typically just approaching it from a general standpoint.  Similar to sometimes you see people overpaying for picks and mentioning that they tend to draft better than average, but I don't really account for that when offering my feelings on which side of the trade came out ahead.

If you feel you're able to consistently bat well above average on those mid/late round TE breakouts then more power to ya, and I appreciate you sharing your trio for this year because I picked Herndon and Howard over Andrews and Engram in most of my drafts last year :kicksrock:
It's all good, I enjoy our civil discussions.

I'm not trying to come across as a TE guru. I probably failed in what I was trying to get across is I don't have a huge sleeper/breakout TE list this year or most years. Usually a few guys, fair to say most of the time it's second year TE's or TE's that were buried like Thomas.  Gesicki had a solid year.  A lot of people are high on Jonnu Smith. You won't hear me calling them breakout players and I actually own(ed) them. So just trying to point out when I label Ian Thomas as breakout TE I'm not just throwing a bunch of TE's up against the wall.

As for Ian Thomas he entered the league extremely raw. Two years of major college football and one of those years he caught a whopping 3 passes. If you recall Olsen went down in week one of his rookie year. He got thrust into the lineup but he did not do much, which is pretty understandable considering he's was a super raw rookie TE forced to start in week 2 of his career.  Olsen went down again in week 13 early in the game and I just never got out of my head how impressive he did in that 5 game stretch, especially again considering he was a super raw rookie.  For better or worse that's when Cam's shoulder was causing him issues and he could not throw deep so maybe had to rely on Ian more in short passing game but in TE premium scoring he went for 12.1, 21.2, 4.4, 16.8 and 22.6.  Again that was pretty impressive to me, maybe a bit of confirmation bias on my part because I liked him coming into the league as parts of his game reminded me of Gates but that's great rookie TE production albeit for a 5 game stretch. Fast forward to this year Olsen is healthy and they seem to value Manhertz more as the blocking TE so he does nothing. Then Olsen goes down again and in the two games without Olsen he goes for 19.2 and 6.3.

He's had 9 games in his career without Olsen playing at all. 9 games is not much in general and his production as a whole in those 9 games was average but considering 6 of those games 9 games he was a rookie, and again a very raw one, his production was not bad. Actually better in FFPC scoring then Fant or Hockenson last year. This reeks of playing with stats to prove a point, which I'm not but just how I look at it but 3 of those 9 games with Olsen was his 2nd-5th games of his career when I'm sure he was lost AF.  When he got a chance to start later in his rookie year he looked like a different player and again a sample size of 6 is pretty damn paltry but in the 6 starts he had since week 5 of his rookie year he's put up a solid 14+ PPG in FFPC scoring and again for better or worse those 6 starts where with injured shoulder Cam who could barely throw and Kyle Allen.

Who knows who the QB will be next year but does not seem like over long term it would not be worse then what he's played with.  Who knows exactly what kind of system Brady will run but it looks to me like it's pretty TE friendly. His short time in the NFL he was with Saints who run one of friendliest TE systems in the league and Thad Moss went from 6 to 47 catches under Brady last year.

One other thing that really caught my attention this off-season. Eric Beinemy said when he interviewed for the HC job one of the things he discussed was his vision for certain players and how he planned to use them and he only mentioned 2-3 players when he said this  and Ian Thomas was one of them. 

Sorry to go long on Ian Thomas people, but just trying to point out I got specific reasons why I like him as a breakout candidate and not just throwing a bunch of TE's up against a wall hoping one sticks.

A couple minor deals happened across a few FFPC leagues I'm in

Penny for Robby Anderson and a 2021 3rd

Penny for Cobb and a 2021 6th

4.03 and 5.01 for Cam Newton and Damien Harris

Irv Smith Jr. for Josh Allen

2.08 for TY Hilton

1qb ppr

Gave Guice, Goff

Got 1.3

I've got 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6 now

For the record I do still have faith in Guice and it was tough to let him go, but the odds are better that I made out well
I like Guice well enough but he's not worth anything close to the 1.03 right now and Goff has very little value in 1qb. This is 1.03 in a landslide. 

I just accepted this one in ffpc superflex 

Give: Wilson, Kirk, 1.07

Get: Wentz, Adams, 2.10

I am very weak at wr (Kirk/McLaurin were going to be the only WRs on my roster after cuts) so I was pretty happy to get this sent to me out of the blue. 

The 3 I’ve done in my 12-team superflex/TE premium:

gave - Deebo/M Gesicki/2.12

got - 1.04/David Johnson

gave - Ian Thomas/3.02

got - DJ Chark/4.07

gave - 1.04/1.10

got - 1.01
Only one I think is all that close is the last one. But I still do it today, maybe not post draft. But if one of the big RBs lands in KC, that becomes a steal.

14 team PPR, SF, TE prem, IDP

team A trades 1.5 and 1.8

team B trades Chris Godwin, Rashean Evans, Sione Takitaki

the Top 3 picks will be QB in the draft. 

FreeBaGeL said:
I just accepted this one in ffpc superflex 

Give: Wilson, Kirk, 1.07

Get: Wentz, Adams, 2.10

I am very weak at wr (Kirk/McLaurin were going to be the only WRs on my roster after cuts) so I was pretty happy to get this sent to me out of the blue. 
Close and having the 1.7 is great this year and I like Wilson more than Wentz.  However, Adams and the 2.10 for the 1.07 is too much.  I'll lean to the Wentz, Adams, and 2.10 pick, but it is close.

12 Team PPR. 1/2/2/1 & 2 Flex

Team A got Dalvin Cook Min RB

Team B got 2020 1.02 & 1.08 picks

Note: Team B has been shopping Cook...

I think he's at the peak of his value. He could continue to produce well for a couple more seasons, I just see MIN being careful with him going forward. He has never played a full 16 game seaso , and Mattison looks like the real deal; hard to keep him off the field. 

Sell high doesn't necessarily mean he will tank this year, just means his value won't be more. I don't blame his owners for holding him until hes worthless.
The only problem with this is a lot of people kinda feel this way, so his peak value is far below his production.  This is a guy who has an ADP of 1.05 in startup drafts right now while 1.02/1.08 are late 3rd/mid 6th round in startup drafts.  Anyone offering 3.09/6.06 startup picks for 1.05 would be laughed at yet when you stick Cook's name in there suddenly everyone sees it as fair.

Not saying it's bad to take that if someone really doesn't believe in Cook, but his value will be higher a few weeks into the season when he's producing and the injury concern gets pushed to the back of their minds, imo.

The only problem with this is a lot of people kinda feel this way, so his peak value is far below his production.  This is a guy who has an ADP of 1.05 in startup drafts right now while 1.02/1.08 are late 3rd/mid 6th round in startup drafts.  Anyone offering 3.09/6.06 startup picks for 1.05 would be laughed at yet when you stick Cook's name in there suddenly everyone sees it as fair.

Not saying it's bad to take that if someone really doesn't believe in Cook, but his value will be higher a few weeks into the season when he's producing and the injury concern gets pushed to the back of their minds, imo.
Well said!  It is a strange situation until you apply a specific name to the spot in trade values.  I was thinking it was low myself, but I can understand the desire to move on from him as the Minn Offense might see a big change at QB....  3/2018 Cousins signed 3 year deal...He will be UFA after 2020 / Will Minn draft/develop his replacement or re-sign him?   He will be 32 yo at start of 2020 season and another 3 year deal would cost $100M++ ($ to be applied to other needed talent?) 

... plus the potential RBBC issue likely to gain traction in Minn. 

Minn still has a quality OL and should continue to excell in Run game.... but what will the next offense change involve.... 

16 team IDP, WRs have a lot of value due to the lineup QRWWWTFF...)

A gave D Parker, 3.13, Jeffery Simmons

B gave kerryon Johnson, 2022 1st (hard to guess 2 years out but the team was among the best in 2019, should be again in 2020)

Well said!  It is a strange situation until you apply a specific name to the spot in trade values.  I was thinking it was low myself, but I can understand the desire to move on from him as the Minn Offense might see a big change at QB....  3/2018 Cousins signed 3 year deal...He will be UFA after 2020 / Will Minn draft/develop his replacement or re-sign him?   He will be 32 yo at start of 2020 season and another 3 year deal would cost $100M++ ($ to be applied to other needed talent?) 

... plus the potential RBBC issue likely to gain traction in Minn. 

Minn still has a quality OL and should continue to excell in Run game.... but what will the next offense change involve.... 
I don't think you have watched many Minnesota games.  Their O-line play is average at best and they are more on the below average side of average.

Taking Cook at 1.05 is terrible value......you can easily get him late 2nd or at least guys just like him....hahhahaa

Users who are viewing this thread