Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 34k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • menobrown

    1850

  • One More Rep

    1306

  • barackdhouse

    1165

  • FreeBaGeL

    1041

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

9 minutes ago, Dez said:

16 team PPR - TE 1.5 PPR was not part of this trade 

Hockenson DET TE straight up for E Sanders NO WR

Hard to justify giving up Hockenson in a TE premium format for a 33 year old WR in an offense that has never heavily featured the WR2. I mean I can't imagine 16 team vs 12 changes this but Hockenson goes several rounds before Sanders in redraft in FFPC and he's 10 years younger.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dez said:

16 team PPR - TE 1.5 PPR was not part of this trade 

Hockenson DET TE straight up for E Sanders NO WR

This trade is bad on three fronts...it is 1.5 for TEs...it is 16 teams so there aren't a lot of TEs to go around...and it is Dynasty and there is a 10 year difference in the two...this deal makes zero sense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boston said:

This trade is bad on three fronts...it is 1.5 for TEs...it is 16 teams so there aren't a lot of TEs to go around...and it is Dynasty and there is a 10 year difference in the two...this deal makes zero sense.

Classic case of Millennial instant gratification not realized.  No one should give up on 1st rd pick TEs after one season.  Everyone knows the position is slow to show anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

And you own zeke? Seems like he could have asked for a 3rd outright, or a 3rd with a 4th going back...I get being under the gun but sheesh...is it ffpc? Maybe a shrewd move to get you to keep a handcuff vs another player.....

Yes I own Zeke. I think I mentioned it in my original post as well but, yes, it’s FFPC. We all have to cut a bunch of players we'd rather not around this time in that format. I do like it though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

FFPC Dynasty $500

Needed to tear things down with one team while still remaining competitive, and adding for the future. 

Traded:

WR, Michael Thomas 

RB David Montgomery

Received:

RB, Miles Sanders 

2020 1st rounder (1.3)

2021 1st rounder (projected top 3 pick)

WR core was MT/Tyreek Hill/Deebo Samuel/JJAW/Curtis Samuel/J. Crowder

RB was Fournette/Ingram/Lindsay/Montgomery

Hoping to land a RB1, or WR1 in the draft with 1.3. Tons of capital for next years draft (2 1st’s, 2 2nd’s) to move around as well. 

Didn’t want to part with MT, but how many solid seasons does he have left with Brees? And who will be Brees heir? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty minor deal but FFPC as well

I traded 6.02

I got Daniel Jones

I hated every moment of this deal.  I don't like Jones as a player, I don't like carrying 2 QB's, and it made me cut another more valuable position.  

I do think Jones is in for a smash year though.  Really good supporting cast, same type of rushing ability as Josh Allen but a better passer, supposedly fixing their o-line this offseason is priority so all signs point to improvement.  I hate myself for doing this deal but I figure I got a 2nd year QB with huge potential for cheap and I can still cut him if he starts off slow.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tejas said:

FFPC Dynasty $500

Needed to tear things down with one team while still remaining competitive, and adding for the future. 

Traded:

WR, Michael Thomas 

RB David Montgomery

Received:

RB, Miles Sanders 

2020 1st rounder (1.3)

2021 1st rounder (projected top 3 pick)

WR core was MT/Tyreek Hill/Deebo Samuel/JJAW/Curtis Samuel/J. Crowder

RB was Fournette/Ingram/Lindsay/Montgomery

Hoping to land a RB1, or WR1 in the draft with 1.3. Tons of capital for next years draft (2 1st’s, 2 2nd’s) to move around as well. 

Didn’t want to part with MT, but how many solid seasons does he have left with Brees? And who will be Brees heir? 

I’d take Thomas. I get your reasoning, but don’t think you should have  to add anything to Thomas to get that package.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Tex that is a great point. Obviously losing Julio as an every week starter probably hurts the most, but I'd like to think my WR core has enough good young players that I could expect one or two to step up and take Julio's place in my lineup. Here is my roster after the trade:

 

Cousins, Darnold, T. Hill
Barkley, Gordon, Guice, Lindsay, Scott
Hill, AJ Brown, Deebo, Diontae Johnson, Crowder, Preston Williams, Shepard, Isabella, Renfrow, Sims, Harmon
Njoku, Ian Thomas, Smith Jr, Sternberger
Picks 3.3, 3.9

I would have waited to trade Gurley Maybe during the season in your case. Gurley in ATL is the best place for him to be as not only the featured back but the passes he’ll be catching. Barkley is awesome but I’m not sure this made your team better for 2020. If your WRs step up (like you said) then you might be golden. Your young TEs have a lot of potential IMHO.

Tex

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I’d take Thomas. I get your reasoning, but don’t think you should have  to add anything to Thomas to get that package.

Agree with this...I understand the deal and if you are real high on three rookies this year (meaning you are guaranteed one) I definitely see it but I really don't like adding in Montgomery...I am not high on him but if he hits this year this deal could really backfire as he is still only 23 in June...deal makes much more sense with just Thomas.

Edited by Boston
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

12 team superflex

Team A gets - B Cooks, Perriman, Stills, Pollard

Team B gets- Lockett

I take Lockett here. I like Perriman a little, he should get targets. cooks doesn’t get a ton of targets, stills is old but might get another year of looks with Hopkins gone but will probably miss a few games. pollard isn’t worth much. A bunch of guys whose upside might produce some weeks of wr1-2 numbers if you can guess when, four guys who also are capable of not hitting double digits combined. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Classic case of Millennial instant gratification not realized.  No one should give up on 1st rd pick TEs after one season.  Everyone knows the position is slow to show anyway. 

yup a down season when stafford went out + injury.

but let's not forget he broke the rookie TE record in his first game ever

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, Soulfly3 said:

I'd posted this much earlier, but didn't get much outside of Dr Dan... 

We have a small wager (me and the chap involved) as to who the consensus thinks won the deal:

10 team ultra competitive PPR:

Amari Cooper

for 

1.06 + 2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. 

Depends on who is trying to compete but that is a ton to give up for someone that isn't the top 1-2 player at his position and has some injury issues.  I like Cooper and would move for him but 6 is high enough to get a really good WR in the draft.  I like the picks but I could get the argument for Cooper if it will put you over the top for a chip this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, poye said:

PPR QRRWWWTFKD

team A gave 1.01, RoJo and 3.07

team b gave Kamara, Emmanuel  Sanders, 3.04

I'd take the Kamara side here as well.  I think he gets back to elite this year and they even upgraded in the 3rd.  I believe TB gets another RB in the draft so that caps RoJo.  It isn't bad if you are big on lottery tickets though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team superflex tight end premium start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1 te, 3 flexes with one of them being superflex. 

Gave 3.05 and Jalen Richard

Got Jared Cook

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB:

Team A gave - Juju, 2.1 (13)

Team B gave - 2021 1st, Daniel Jones, Mecole Hardman (return yards/TDs count), 4.2

This is basically Juju for Hardman, Jones, and 4.2. 

I would take Juju easily and I like Hardman and Jones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tejas said:

Also, I’m trying to sell Fournette everywhere I can. What have you guys seen him go for? 

I was offered Fournette for my 1.05 and it was a pretty easy pass

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tejas said:

Also, I’m trying to sell Fournette everywhere I can. What have you guys seen him go for? 

Seen this go down in my 16 team non IDP league

Fournette + Hilton

for

1.02 + Mike Williams

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Made this trade in my 12 team PPR dynasty league. One of the worst rosters out of my 10 leagues. Man I hope Brady doesn't kill Godwin's rise to greatness we saw last year. 

Gave: 1.1, Pettis

Got: Godwin, Cohen, $50 BBID (each team gets $100 for the year) 

Roster after trade:

Wentz, Big Ben, Haskins, T. Hill

Barkley, Guice, Lindsay, Cohen, Scott, Darwin Thompson

Godwin, AJ Brown, Mike Williams, Crowder, Samuel, Campbell, AB, Isabella, Sims, JJAW 

Fant, OJ Howard 

Picks 2.1, 3.1 

Just curious dynasty sharks, with this roster would you have made this trade as well? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Made this trade in my 12 team PPR dynasty league. One of the worst rosters out of my 10 leagues. Man I hope Brady doesn't kill Godwin's rise to greatness we saw last year. 

Gave: 1.1, Pettis

Got: Godwin, Cohen, $50 BBID (each team gets $100 for the year) 

Roster after trade:

Wentz, Big Ben, Haskins, T. Hill

Barkley, Guice, Lindsay, Cohen, Scott, Darwin Thompson

Godwin, AJ Brown, Mike Williams, Crowder, Samuel, Campbell, AB, Isabella, Sims, JJAW 

Fant, OJ Howard 

Picks 2.1, 3.1 

Just curious dynasty sharks, with this roster would you have made this trade as well? 

 

I don’t like this trade at all.   Your RBs aside from Barkley are all questionable starters.  I know you need WRs too but I don’t see Godwin as “that guy”.  I would have kept the 1.01, and built my team around two stud RBs.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

I don’t like this trade at all.   Your RBs aside from Barkley are all questionable starters.  I know you need WRs too but I don’t see Godwin as “that guy”.  I would have kept the 1.01, and built my team around two stud RBs.  

Well I guess the fact that we have to start 2 RBs vs 3 WRs, and the fact that WRs last so much longer in dynasty, I felt WR was an important get. Perhaps you are right, but I bet I could trade Godwin for a stud RB if I really wanted to. I am actually very happy to have the BBIDs. Should ensure I get this year's Preston Williams or McLaurin when the first waivers run after preseason games (they are locked now and until that time, so guys that go undrafted in the rookie drafts, which McLaurin did in several leagues last year, and Preston did in all 10 of my leagues) I just think having more bucks than anyone else is a huge advantage . 

Edited by ffmail4me
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Well I guess the fact that we have to start 2 RBs vs 3 WRs, and the fact that WRs last so much longer in dynasty, I felt WR was an important get. Perhaps you are right, but I bet I could trade Godwin for a stud RB if I really wanted to. I am actually very happy to have the BBIDs. Should ensure I get this year's Preston Williams or McLaurin when the first waivers run after preseason games (they are locked now and until that time, so guys that go undrafted in the rookie drafts, which McLaurin did in several leagues last year, and Preston did in all 10 of my leagues) I just think having more bucks than anyone else is a huge advantage . 

I agree with this...from a team-building standpoint I like what this deal does for you...it moves AJ Brown to your #2 where I think he is much safer and Williams is a serviceable #3, the rest of your WRs are iffy at best but you now have a foundation...without Godwin it had a chance to be a real mess...as for your RBs you have a stud so now it's all about crossing your fingers and playing the week-to-week game...that 2.1 pick is gonna be a real important one for this team...if you can hit on that it would really help...the strategy of the $ is a wise one as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

Made this trade in my 12 team PPR dynasty league. One of the worst rosters out of my 10 leagues. Man I hope Brady doesn't kill Godwin's rise to greatness we saw last year. 

Gave: 1.1, Pettis

Got: Godwin, Cohen, $50 BBID (each team gets $100 for the year) 

Roster after trade:

Wentz, Big Ben, Haskins, T. Hill

Barkley, Guice, Lindsay, Cohen, Scott, Darwin Thompson

Godwin, AJ Brown, Mike Williams, Crowder, Samuel, Campbell, AB, Isabella, Sims, JJAW 

Fant, OJ Howard 

Picks 2.1, 3.1 

Just curious dynasty sharks, with this roster would you have made this trade as well? 

 

Considering you need to start two RBs, I'd rather have a RB with the 1.1 even though Godwin is a good get.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Damn it, I guess I did blow it. I wish this place had a forum that people actually went to, that you could get feedback before you do a trade. But that forum is always dead. 

Man I disagree. I like Godwin there. I think it's close and I don't think either side is bad. I don't think you're ready to compete without Godwin (or another stud WR to pair with AJ Brown). I like your depth receivers but this makes them much stronger. I think Godwin's floor is a WR1 and that his ceiling is a big slot/outside/swiss army knife version of Edelman/Welker/Moss. Either him or Evans or both have 15 TD seasons in their range of outcomes. Beyond Brady Godwin has a bright future ahead of him. He is 24. I just took him at 2.10 in a FFPC dynasty startup so I'm a lunatic obviously bored AF. But biased. I like Godwin a lot. I like 1.01 as well. I don't particulary love Cohen but it is still a little value on your side and a spot starter. You do need to improve at RB2. Oh and the 50 FAAB credits *is* a big deal. It absolutely can give you an edge for finding a couple waiver gems inseason. If there is a season. 

Edited by barackdhouse
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Damn it, I guess I did blow it. I wish this place had a forum that people actually went to, that you could get feedback before you do a trade. But that forum is always dead. 

I wouldn't say you blew it. You did acquire one of the game's best young players.

I just think the trio of Guice, Lindsay, Cohen doesn't inspire much confidence. Lindsay is the best of the three but I think it's clear the Broncos want him in a complimentary role.

Keep working on your RB spot and I'd feel better about it.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Made this trade in my 12 team PPR dynasty league. One of the worst rosters out of my 10 leagues. Man I hope Brady doesn't kill Godwin's rise to greatness we saw last year. 

Gave: 1.1, Pettis

Got: Godwin, Cohen, $50 BBID (each team gets $100 for the year) 

Roster after trade:

Wentz, Big Ben, Haskins, T. Hill

Barkley, Guice, Lindsay, Cohen, Scott, Darwin Thompson

Godwin, AJ Brown, Mike Williams, Crowder, Samuel, Campbell, AB, Isabella, Sims, JJAW 

Fant, OJ Howard 

Picks 2.1, 3.1 

Just curious dynasty sharks, with this roster would you have made this trade as well? 

 

Taylor should be considered 1.01 pick however case “could be” made for other players but my data says the pick is Taylor. Now, if Taylor is draft in the 1st round that changes his final comp which id D. Cook and Zeke. So the question to you is would you trade a younger Zeke/Cook for Godwin and Cohen?

I personally wouldn’t.

Tex

Edited by BigTex
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Well I guess the fact that we have to start 2 RBs vs 3 WRs, and the fact that WRs last so much longer in dynasty, I felt WR was an important get. Perhaps you are right, but I bet I could trade Godwin for a stud RB if I really wanted to. I am actually very happy to have the BBIDs. Should ensure I get this year's Preston Williams or McLaurin when the first waivers run after preseason games (they are locked now and until that time, so guys that go undrafted in the rookie drafts, which McLaurin did in several leagues last year, and Preston did in all 10 of my leagues) I just think having more bucks than anyone else is a huge advantage . 

I understand you position but your comments here make me think that there will be WRs available using your BBIDs.  Will that be the case for RBs?  My concern with this deal is you have to start 2 RBs which means you need at least 3 decent starters.  With Gordon going to Denver i don't see Lindsay as a viable option and who knows what will happen with Guice.  I would like this trade a lot  more of Gordon wasn't in Denver now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Damn it, I guess I did blow it. I wish this place had a forum that people actually went to, that you could get feedback before you do a trade. But that forum is always dead. 

Ask in the dynasty value thread, you won’t get run out of there for talking valuations/trade offers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB:

Team A gave - Juju, 2.1 (13)

Team B gave - 2021 1st, Daniel Jones, Mecole Hardman (return yards/TDs count), 4.2

JuJu easily. Even if 2019 was his ceiling this deal would be close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Well I guess the fact that we have to start 2 RBs vs 3 WRs, and the fact that WRs last so much longer in dynasty, I felt WR was an important get. Perhaps you are right, but I bet I could trade Godwin for a stud RB if I really wanted to. I am actually very happy to have the BBIDs. Should ensure I get this year's Preston Williams or McLaurin when the first waivers run after preseason games (they are locked now and until that time, so guys that go undrafted in the rookie drafts, which McLaurin did in several leagues last year, and Preston did in all 10 of my leagues) I just think having more bucks than anyone else is a huge advantage . 

McLaurin went undrafted in your leagues? In hindsight he was surely underdrafted but went late second to late third in all 5 of my dynasty leagues. Preston also got drafted in all of my leagues - but in fourth and fifth rounds and we draft right after the NFL draft before any OTAs even.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

McLaurin went undrafted in your leagues? In hindsight he was surely underdrafted but went late second to late third in all 5 of my dynasty leagues. Preston also got drafted in all of my leagues - but in fourth and fifth rounds and we draft right after the NFL draft before any OTAs even.

They both went undrafted in my league, granted we do the rookie draft directly after the NFL draft in May. The hype on these two was really growing by the time we did our free agent draft and they were both picked up for pretty sizable amounts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

In that same startup, FWIW, Jonathon Taylor went right after me at 2.11 as 1st rookie.

FWIW, Taylor went 1.11 (godwin 2.11) in recent fpc sf bb draft and for me i prefer the 1.1 side for sure in the aforementioned trade

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

They both went undrafted in my league, granted we do the rookie draft directly after the NFL draft in May. The hype on these two was really growing by the time we did our free agent draft and they were both picked up for pretty sizable amounts. 

So do we in every league but one which was in June - and he went no later than end of third but went late second in a few. McLauren was a third round draft pick that ran a 4.3 at the combine and was drafted to a team that also drafted his college QB. How did he go undrafted in rookie drafts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

So do we in every league but one which was in June - and he went no later than end of third but went late second in a few. McLauren was a third round draft pick that ran a 4.3 at the combine and was drafted to a team that also drafted his college QB. How did he go undrafted in rookie drafts?

I don’t know what to tell you lol-it’s a 10 man league? FWIW, I would’ve scooped him had I had a 4th. I figured I’d be able to get him at the free agent draft, but by then the hype was huge and I ending up passing on him when his price got too high. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...