What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

Man - getting peppered with dynasty trade offers today. People must be bored with social isolators & no sports. 

Hope everyone is staying safe. 

Now I’ve gotta decide if I wanna give up Allen Robinson & a 2022 2nd for Will Fuller + Darrell Henderson. That’s the best of them so far. 

Not sure if Henderson will be the starter in LA, and I hate Fuller’s soft tissue injury history. 

🤔
I like this deal...especially if you like your chances of being good the next 2 years.  The upside with Fuller/Henderson is huge but I hate Fuller's injury history as well.  I think Henderson will be the man in LA.

I believe A-Rob has hit his ceiling, plays on an offensively inept team, and both Foles/Trubisky can't go downfield.  I can see the argument though.
doesnt need then to go downfield. his money maker is tough contested catches and being a nasty, almost steve smith like wr (not SS, but in that gritty ilk)...

i dont know if he's hit his ceiling, because as long as he's thrown to, he'll more often than not catch it (if he can)

I like this deal...especially if you like your chances of being good the next 2 years.  The upside with Fuller/Henderson is huge but I hate Fuller's injury history as well.  I think Henderson will be the man in LA.
If I knew Henderson would be the starter I would do it immediately I’m going to try to counter with the dude to see what he be willing to take now that I know he’s looking to move him.!

As long as Team B has decent RB depth I would cash out on that.
I'm team B.

Damian

Conner

David Johnson

Ronald Jones

Mostert 

Those are the rbs.....mostert was my best down the stretch.

We all see and hear about the knee with Gurley, and its delineated Gurley is betting on himself with a one year deal, but at 6 mil.....seems to me is taking what he could get, which isn't a lot.   Better to cash out at this point for me

I'm team B.

Damian

Conner

David Johnson

Ronald Jones

Mostert 

Those are the rbs.....mostert was my best down the stretch.

We all see and hear about the knee with Gurley, and its delineated Gurley is betting on himself with a one year deal, but at 6 mil.....seems to me is taking what he could get, which isn't a lot.   Better to cash out at this point for me
Man, that is a group of RBs that has a lot on the line on draft weekend based on whether one of those top 5-6 rookies land on their team which is really not out of the question for any of them.

Man, that is a group of RBs that has a lot on the line on draft weekend based on whether one of those top 5-6 rookies land on their team which is really not out of the question for any of them.
Man, you ain't lying.   Totally agree with you.    Trying to move a lot of these backs.   Gurley was the first

I have to disagree. I think acquiring WR2/3 types with WR1 upside is the easiest part. Acquiring the top studs is a different matter. Not talking about the one year wonders that finish top 12 but the perennial studs. There's usually something like 3-6 of them. MT is at the top of that list, but yes he is another year older. I don't mind your trade at all for value. And I agree that those pieces will help you. 
100% agree this. Was referring more to the WR2 and WR3’s like Perrimen that helped me win a few leagues in the Main Event last season. 

Man - getting peppered with dynasty trade offers today. People must be bored with social isolators & no sports. 

Hope everyone is staying safe. 

Now I’ve gotta decide if I wanna give up Allen Robinson & a 2022 2nd for Will Fuller + Darrell Henderson. That’s the best of them so far. 

Not sure if Henderson will be the starter in LA, and I hate Fuller’s soft tissue injury history. 

🤔
Selling Fuller everywhere I can. His value has exponentially increased since the Nuke fiasco. 

Super stoked about this one. I got Mahomes!!

This is the wacky league I've written about before. Startup in 2016 with 24 teams. Two copies of each player. Bestball 25 man rosters. Bottom two teams kicked out each year and their rosters churned into the FA pool for the rookie/FA draft. This is the final season with half the annual dues going into this jackpot season. I just won the ship last season. 

Current FAs that will be available in the draft include:

Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Zeke, Juju, Cooper, Gurley, Chark, Engram, Hooper, Waller, Hurst x2, Herndon x2Henderson, a bunch of others. So we're down to 16 teams. I held the 1.16, which I'm thinking will get you maybe the 3rd/4th rookie RB or 2nd/3rd rookie WR. Or perhaps one of many TEs available. This is PPR but 1.25 PPR for TEs.

Anyway here it is:

I gave 1.16 and DJ Moore
I got 1.02

I then gave 1.02, Montgomery and Matt Ryan
I got Mahomes, Coleman

Now I get Mahomes and my trade partner will either get him or Zeke at 1.02, or flip for his own profit. I'm stacked at RB and WR, need to target TE a little bit. Looking forward to seeing this team compete for the final jackpot!

We might define big year differently but I don't recall any WR2 having a big year in NO, not enough to go around with a dominant WR1, RB who is second on team in receptions each year and liberal use of the TE.
I would expect to see Sanders taking more targets from Cook then infringing on MT or AK looks.  NOS WR2 has had the occasional big game (3 players had 4 good games in last 2 years), but nothing season worthy Top 36 that I can recall...if you consider Ginn & Smith shared WR2, they had ~80 targets....  I would expect Sanders to get > 80 targets  (same as he did in 2019) while Ginn & Smith combine for 40-50.... so Cook is the likely victim to suffer 

MT set the single season reception record last year. Do you think he will come close to it again, or break his own record? IMO its conceivable that he loses 25 receptions in 2020, which is about 31 targets
What's absurd is that even if he loses 25 receptions...he'll still catch ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR! :lol:

And THAT number would still be twenty more  than the next highest from last year (Allen & Hopkins)! :eek:

What's absurd is that even if he loses 25 receptions...he'll still catch ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR! :lol:

And THAT number would still be twenty more  than the next highest from last year (Allen & Hopkins)! :eek:
Counterpoint - Most record setting performances are followed by even more than a 25 percent drop the next season.  Marvin Harrison set the receptions record and dropped under 100 the following year.  Calvin Johnson had his 120+/1900+ yard receiving season and dropped below 100 receptions a year for the rest of his career. Randy Moss set the touchdown record then never came close again. 

Even if past precedent didn't show that record setting performers often drop way off the next year, there's reasons to think Thomas will. 

Brees is a year older, Bridgwater is out of town, and other weapons may get more looks, particularly Kamara who had a relative down year and Sanders who has now shown multiple times that he can step into a new system and immediately produce.  

Brees is a year older, Bridgwater is out of town, and other weapons may get more looks, particularly Kamara who had a relative down year and Sanders who has now shown multiple times that he can step into a new system and immediately produce.  
He'll drop but counterpoint to thinking he's going to take precipitous drop is Brees could remain healthy for 16 games which makes Bridgewater moot, he suffered small decline from 12.1 targets per game in Brees full 10 games to 10.5 in the 6 games Teddy mainly played, went from 9.7 catches per game to 8.6 in those 6 Teddy games, and while Kamara had a down year he's been between 81-82 receptions per year every yer and since he missed two games last year he easily had his most targets per game last year.

Counterpoint - Most record setting performances are followed by even more than a 25 percent drop the next season.  Marvin Harrison set the receptions record and dropped under 100 the following year.  Calvin Johnson had his 120+/1900+ yard receiving season and dropped below 100 receptions a year for the rest of his career. Randy Moss set the touchdown record then never came close again. 

Even if past precedent didn't show that record setting performers often drop way off the next year, there's reasons to think Thomas will. 

All of your examples were of WRs that were significantly older than MT.  He drops (because he has to) but it won't be significant.  I'd say he still catches 120 balls.  Brees loves him and trusts him.  That hasn't changed.

Super stoked about this one. I got Mahomes!!

This is the wacky league I've written about before. Startup in 2016 with 24 teams. Two copies of each player. Bestball 25 man rosters. Bottom two teams kicked out each year and their rosters churned into the FA pool for the rookie/FA draft. This is the final season with half the annual dues going into this jackpot season. I just won the ship last season. 

Current FAs that will be available in the draft include:

Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Zeke, Juju, Cooper, Gurley, Chark, Engram, Hooper, Waller, Hurst x2, Herndon x2Henderson, a bunch of others. So we're down to 16 teams. I held the 1.16, which I'm thinking will get you maybe the 3rd/4th rookie RB or 2nd/3rd rookie WR. Or perhaps one of many TEs available. This is PPR but 1.25 PPR for TEs.

Anyway here it is:

I gave 1.16 and DJ Moore
I got 1.02

I then gave 1.02, Montgomery and Matt Ryan
I got Mahomes, Coleman

Now I get Mahomes and my trade partner will either get him or Zeke at 1.02, or flip for his own profit. I'm stacked at RB and WR, need to target TE a little bit. Looking forward to seeing this team compete for the final jackpot!
This seems like a very interesting league.  Seems like a lot to pay for Mahomes (Matty Ice/Montgomery and get Coleman back) when you could have got him or Zeke with the 1.2 pick and kept those other 2 guys.  Got your guy so not a bad trade but I think I would have taken Mahomes/Zeke and been stoked about it.  Then hoped Montgomery/Ryan had bounce back years.  I really like the 1.16/Moore for 1.2 trade for you.

David Johnson dealt for a 2021 1.    Guy has 1.3, should be top 5 next year

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems like a very interesting league.  Seems like a lot to pay for Mahomes (Matty Ice/Montgomery and get Coleman back) when you could have got him or Zeke with the 1.2 pick and kept those other 2 guys.  Got your guy so not a bad trade but I think I would have taken Mahomes/Zeke and been stoked about it.  Then hoped Montgomery/Ryan had bounce back years.  I really like the 1.16/Moore for 1.2 trade for you.
I failed to mention that there is a 3 QB limit per roster. So I either have to drop Ryan (or Winston or Garopollo) to make the trade, or offer one of them as part of it. I'm sure that getting Ryan made a difference to him. He turned it down when I offered Winston and said he didn't want Jimmy G. Also I really didn't want Zeke so much as Mahomes. I don't need RBs as much as a stud QB for this next season. The guy that has the 1.01 hasn't paid his dues yet and rarely makes trades. 

David Johnson dealt for a 2021 1.    Guy has 1.3, should be top 5 next year
Yikes, not the move a rebuilding team should be making...that is a real nice haul for you...I actually don't think Johnson is a bad guy to deal for right now because O'Brien is gonna do everything possible to make him successful but I would not give up anything close to what you got in that deal.

Selling Fuller everywhere I can. His value has exponentially increased since the Nuke fiasco. 
They're just wildly different receivers, though. No way to figure out if Fuller's role is still that of a guy who stretches the field. Stills running a sub 4.4 also complicates things. Stills got high marks from PFF this year about halfway through his tenure with Houston. Is he the guy that takes over Nuk's role, or does the fragile Fuller? 

Not when he peaked five years ago. 
Robinson is still awesome. Check the numbers when Daniel was throwing to him vs. Trubisky. The Raider game especially highlighted what he could do with a competent delivery of the ball.

Not saying anything about Hot Sauce's deal, though. It would seem that Henderson is carrot in that one, but he comes with risk. There's no need to throw in a 2nd round pick in 2022 for Fuller and Henderson when talking about Robinson. 

barackdhouse said:
I failed to mention that there is a 3 QB limit per roster. So I either have to drop Ryan (or Winston or Garopollo) to make the trade, or offer one of them as part of it. I'm sure that getting Ryan made a difference to him. He turned it down when I offered Winston and said he didn't want Jimmy G. Also I really didn't want Zeke so much as Mahomes. I don't need RBs as much as a stud QB for this next season. The guy that has the 1.01 hasn't paid his dues yet and rarely makes trades. 
I can't blame you for the move and roster make up makes a huge difference.  Although I think I'd like Matty Ice over Jimmy G or Mr. INT.  You got Mahomes for sure and that is what really mattered. The rest of the players are really difference makers if you didn't want Zeke.

I can't blame you for the move and roster make up makes a huge difference.  Although I think I'd like Matty Ice over Jimmy G or Mr. INT.  You got Mahomes for sure and that is what really mattered. The rest of the players are really difference makers if you didn't want Zeke.
He put a ton of points in my boxscore last year. But yeah he is currently unemployed and I'll probably move on from him. Jimmy G is much better in best ball than people think.

Assume you meant *aren't*?

Dyno, Non-PPR, TE Premo 

Team A gets: Hayden Hurst TE ATL; 2020 2nd round pick 2.3 #13

Team B gets: Adam Thielen WR MIN

Tex

Dyno, Non-PPR, TE Premo 

Team A gets: Hayden Hurst TE ATL; 2020 2nd round pick 2.3 #13

Team B gets: Adam Thielen WR MIN

Tex
I'm curious what is scoring in non-PPR that is TE premium? I've always just known TE premium as 1.5 PPR for TE's.

Boston said:
Yikes, not the move a rebuilding team should be making...that is a real nice haul for you...I actually don't think Johnson is a bad guy to deal for right now because O'Brien is gonna do everything possible to make him successful but I would not give up anything close to what you got in that deal.
Totally agree, and I think Johnson has some nice numbers until he gets hurt.   After that, his value is pretty much nil.   Safe move to get out now....actually lucky to get out now

rockaction said:
They're just wildly different receivers, though. No way to figure out if Fuller's role is still that of a guy who stretches the field. Stills running a sub 4.4 also complicates things. Stills got high marks from PFF this year about halfway through his tenure with Houston. Is he the guy that takes over Nuk's role, or does the fragile Fuller? 
I have both so I’ll take either. But it’s probably neither.

rockaction said:
Fuller, stills, Cobb, coutee....a bunch of young tes that haven’t done much...Watson in for a rough year, but as cheap (outside fuller) as these guys are they’re worth a dice roll. 

I'd take Kamara in a heart beat here but if Team A is rebuilding completely it could be worse.  I'd have required Bell and a top 5 pick at minimum.
Not to defend the other guy, but do you think 1.10 and 1.12 can get you the 1.05 or 1.04?  I have 1.03 in a couple of leagues and I think depending on how the draft falls that's going to be a consideration for me.  It's an IDP league which I didn't note but should have so that pushes the value of those late 1's up a bit as many years an IDP or two go in the top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread