What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

If you want to say he lost his job or was full healthy in the SB I'll agree to disagree.

Breida was hurt, Mckinnon might return and Coleman was banged up.
I absolutely do not want to say that Coleman was fully healthy in the SB and don't mean to imply that. And in the interest of full disclosure, it does look like Coleman was carrying the load against Minnesota in the first playoff game that SF played. That's why I was a little dismayed looking at the GamePass stuff last night. But what I was just talking about? I'm looking at Games 12-17, where Mostert averaged about 12 carries and Coleman averaged about 5.5. When he was healthy.

But I respect that you don't want to go into any more, so I'll stop there, too. You're right about the twelve carries, so there's at least being right in that. 

FPC not involved other than he had offered me the 1.2 for Mixon which i declined

Give 2020 Pick 1.02

Get Jones, Aaron

Prbly about right, I would be happy with Taylor or Swift there and not a huge Jones fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably made a mistake on this one but I think he'll continually lose value, it's already a tad down with the move to Arizona.  Better a year early than late.  

FFPC

I traded Nuk Hopkins

I got 1.02 and 1.06

I have 1.02, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, and 2.02 with a solid youth core.  Hopefully nobody snipes the plan I have for those picks now. 

Probably made a mistake on this one but I think he'll continually lose value, it's already a tad down with the move to Arizona.  Better a year early than late.  

FFPC

I traded Nuk Hopkins

I got 1.02 and 1.06

I have 1.02, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, and 2.02 with a solid youth core.  Hopefully nobody snipes the plan I have for those picks now. 
Really like this deal for you. WR's production usually drops off first year with a new team, add in the fact that Murray and Hopkins won't be able to work out together for some time - making this a HR trade for you. Nice deal!

12 team PPR dynasty. I think I have the best roster I've ever had in any league, in 20+ years of doing this. I have some stinkers too, but this one has just become a super power  :drive:

Gave: JuJu and Gallup
Got: M Thomas and 3.8 Pick. 

Update roster where we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 reg flex 

Mahomes, Jones, T. Hill

Zeke, Chubb, Jacobs, Lindsay, Henderson, Edmonds

Thomas, Hopkins, Hill, Evans, Hollywood Brown, Hardman, Preston Williams

Kelce, Engram

Picks 1.3, 3.8, 3.11 

I'll have a tough time deciding which player to sit out of those bolded each week. Wonderful problem to have yes I know.  :whistle:

General question: Dynasty Trade Analyzer has the dynasty rookie pick 1.01 valued at 600 points but D'Andre Swift valued at 617 points and Jonathan Taylor at 692.

How is that possible? You'd think they'd adjust that. I guess the 1.01 is really worth about at least 700-25 points given the flexibility that goes along with having the pick and the player of your choice. 

I wonder...

I noticed that. Last year I used DTC and it had the 1.01 worth less than Jacobs. 

That's why if I am making trades with draft picks, I try to slot in the guy I think (or know) I'd take or who I think the other team will take. That becomes easier the closer we get to that actual pick. 
Sounds wise to substitute a real player rather than an average or a lesser amount. I'd probably stand firm and go with max value for the opportunity of the pick, but that goes without saying. Most would, unless you really want to get the deal done. 

I like this deal for you, but theres a big but on this one... and to me it's a classic case of doing too much rather than just leaving well enough alone. 

You're very young at WR as it is, but Thomas is a 1 maybe 2 year deal for you of almost guaranteed top 5 wr points. But JuJu and Gallup are significantly younger and who knows where their ceiling ends. I'm not sure JuJus long term situation is much better than Thomas' but you gave up significant wr depth for Thomas. I'm not a big believer in Brown and Hardman, but at least Williams gives you some WR depth. 

I would definitely do this if I owned MT, and I can see why it makes sense for your team... I just have reservations. MT had a record setting year and now has more competition for targets. It's hard to see him repeating. 2018 JuJu and MT were only 28 total fp apart. I'd expect about the same difference going forward the next year or two. 

Doesn't matter in the end because you're set to win for the next few years, as long as you don't suffer any wr injuries. Great team regardless... lots to like. 
Definitely valid points, but that 1.3 pick is likely going to net me the #1 WR in this class, so I'll feel good about getting some more depth for the future. I just need this team to finish it. Last 2 years I was upset in the playoffs even though I've scored more points than everyone else all year long. That's what makes this hobby work though, any given weekend, any team.... 

I think this is why top draft picks cost such a premium. 

1.01 is identical to Miles Sanders or AJ Brown on the Analyzer. I definitely see a higher ceiling than Sanders with all 3 of the top backs. 
I do, too. I'm looking at pick for pick value, too. DFL ran an entire article on pick-for-pick value and used the 600 figure for the 1.01. That makes. No. Sense. Taylor can't be worth 692 yet the first pick be worth 600. That's not how any market works. Fluidity, among other things, is the prime concern. Just like cash is king over a gift certificate. It's easily fungible. So is a pick vs. a player.  

Their assertions can't be right. I'm trusting my own self on this one. If the values are absolute and relative on the same scale (and they say they are) there's no way this should happen in valuation. 

12 team PPR Superflex:

TEAM A gives: 2021 1st rd rookie pick

TEAM B gives: Derrius Guice, 2020 Rookie Pick 5.03 and 5.08

FFPC

I traded Nuk Hopkins

I got 1.02 and 1.06

The question I have before commenting is who are the rest of your WRs? 

Not specifically related to this deal but I think the toughest part of commenting on many of these deals is team structure (which I probably value as much as anything) which IMO has a huge influence on any deal...sometimes you can make a good deal but make your team worse...or you can make a deal that looks a little iffy but puts you in a better spot to actually win games or put you in a better position for the next deal.

I think this is why top draft picks cost such a premium. 

1.01 is identical to Miles Sanders or AJ Brown on the Analyzer. I definitely see a higher ceiling than Sanders with all 3 of the top backs. 
But and it is a big but we have seen Sanders play so the floor is far worse with the pick...I have zero issues with anyone who wants to play it safer and go with the player who has shown they can already produce at a high level in the NFL.

FFPC

I traded Nuk Hopkins

I got 1.02 and 1.06

I like the trade for you a great deal, Hopkins has some legit bust potential IMO and even if he pans out he's starting to take on age devaluation.

12 team PPR dynasty. I think I have the best roster I've ever had in any league, in 20+ years of doing this. I have some stinkers too, but this one has just become a super power  :drive:

Gave: JuJu and Gallup
Got: M Thomas and 3.8 Pick. 

Update roster where we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 reg flex 

Mahomes, Jones, T. Hill

Zeke, Chubb, Jacobs, Lindsay, Henderson, Edmonds

Thomas, Hopkins, Hill, Evans, Hollywood Brown, Hardman, Preston Williams

Kelce, Engram

Picks 1.3, 3.8, 3.11 

I'll have a tough time deciding which player to sit out of those bolded each week. Wonderful problem to have yes I know.  :whistle:
Does another superpower type team exist in the league that you are in an arm's race against? Because I look at the roster and think I'm good to go in 2020, anything can happen in a few weeks but I'm sitting on the top team, and thinking that way I'd be not want to get older or give up two younger pieces for an older piece. Hard to knock the value you got but I think I'd have held but then again you'll probably be alright.

The question I have before commenting is who are the rest of your WRs? 

Not specifically related to this deal but I think the toughest part of commenting on many of these deals is team structure (which I probably value as much as anything) which IMO has a huge influence on any deal...sometimes you can make a good deal but make your team worse...or you can make a deal that looks a little iffy but puts you in a better spot to actually win games or put you in a better position for the next deal.
My team is kind of middle of the road when I thought I could compete.  I needed an overhaul a little to get younger and FFPC makes it even that much harder I feel.  

My other WR's:  Allen Robinson, Michael Gallup, Hunter Renfrow, Preston Williams (of course), Jalen Hurd.  Pretty thin group that I felt the need to move Nuk.  

In my other positions I have a few other guys that could absolutely dominate or they could become nothing.  It's a very risky team depth wise so I felt trading Nuk was a priority before it's too late.  

12t ppr  huge trade

Team A trades Hopkins, Evans, Ertz

Team B trades Kupp, Metcalf, C Ridley, Hurst, Guice, 2021 2nd (early - mid), 3.03
Hopkins side pretty easily...not really sure what the other team is trying to accomplish in this deal.

I would guess a rebuilder and Guice believer trying to get younger with mid-peak years in the rearview for all three studs? 

12 team PPR dynasty league

Team 1 gives: Mike Evans, Julian Edelman

Team 2 gives: Diontae Johnson, 2020 1.11 rookie pick, 2020 3.11 rookie pick
Definitely the Evans side...I would not do that deal straight-up for Evans and getting Edelman as a throw in could pay off some nice short-term dividends...really not sure what the other team is thinking here...I don't really see what the logic for this deal is.

A couple recent (last 24hrs) FFPC, not involved 

Chark, D.J. 
Harry, N'Keal

for

2020 Pick 1.12
2020 Pick 1.06 

Wilson, Russell
Woods, Robert
2020 Pick 1.09
2020 Pick 2.01

for

Mahomes, Patrick
Ridley, Calvin

A couple more less interesting FFPC (not involved)

Freeman, Devonta
Freeman, Royce
Montgomery, David

for

Brate, Cameron 
Love, Bryce
Cobb, Randall 
2020 Pick 1.09
2021 3rd Round
2020 Pick 7.02

2021 2nd Round
2021 5th Round
2020 Pick 7.11
2020 Pick 4.08

for

Freeman, Royce 
2020 Pick 5.06 
2021 3rd Round
2020 Pick 5.08
2020 Pick 6.03

All FFPC trades that have happened in last 48 hours in two different leagues and I'm not involved in any of them, just bored so posting them:

Team A gave: Mahomes

Team B gave: Lamar Jackson, 2.11, 3.1, 4.1

These two are from a different league then above, but in the same league as each other:

Team A gave: Jarvis Landry and Mark Ingram

Team B gave: Calvin Ridley

Team A gave: 2021 third and Chase Edmonds

Team B gave: Diontae Johnson

All FFPC trades that have happened in last 48 hours in two different leagues and I'm not involved in any of them, just bored so posting them:

Team A gave: Mahomes

Team B gave: Lamar Jackson, 2.11, 3.1, 4.1

Team A wins. Love Lamar and the picks over Mahomes. That is, if it's 4 pt. passing TDs. I don't play FFPC.

These two are from a different league then above, but in the same league as each other:

Team A gave: Jarvis Landry and Mark Ingram

Team B gave: Calvin Ridley

Team B gets a touch older, but B wins

Team A gave: 2021 third and Chase Edmonds

Team B gave: Diontae Johnson

Team B rides again. I really like Diontae Johnson with Big Ben coming back

Catbird said:
I would guess a rebuilder and Guice believer trying to get younger with mid-peak years in the rearview for all three studs? 
Mid-peak year for Evans right now. Pre-peak, really. High peak is 28. Evans is 26. Nuk is 27.

Perhaps he's counting on the year not being played and the trade being nullified, or I don't see it. That's a burn it down trade. 

12 SF

Kyler Murray, Will Fuller, Christian Kirk, 21 2nd (mid-late projected)

For

Dak Prescott, Mike Evans
Did they use the calculator? That's dead even according to DTC.

Dynasty League Football has it dead even, too.

I like the Evans side. I think Dak in Dallas is greater than Kyler's perceived value in AZ for this specific deal. I don't think Kyler ever rushes for as many yards as people think he will. He was awfully reluctant to do so for most of last year; when he did, he wound up with a hamstring problem that cost him mobility and a game or two. And Fuller's soft tissue is made of something less pliable than tissue and muscle. Better hope Kirk blows up as second behind Nuk, but Larry's still there.

That's why I like the Evans side, anyway. 

Did they use the calculator? That's dead even according to DTC.

Dynasty League Football has it dead even, too.

I like the Evans side. I think Dak in Dallas is greater than Kyler's perceived value in AZ for this specific deal. I don't think Kyler ever rushes for as many yards as people think he will. He was awfully reluctant to do so for most of last year; when he did, he wound up with a hamstring problem that cost him mobility and a game or two. And Fuller's soft tissue is made of something less pliable than tissue and muscle. Better hope Kirk blows up as second behind Nuk, but Larry's still there.

That's why I like the Evans side, anyway. 
By "the" calculator are you referring to the UTH calculator or some other obviously inferior seriously flawed manifestation?

I believe UTH calc has slight advantage going to Evans side and I would lean that way as well though its razor close imho.

@Rock what is the question re Freeman? There were different trades involving him

By "the" calculator are you referring to the UTH calculator or some other obviously inferior seriously flawed manifestation?

I believe UTH calc has slight advantage going to Evans side and I would lean that way as well though its razor close imho.

@Rock what is the question re Freeman? There were different trades involving him
I'm not sure what UTH is, actually. I'm probably using those "inferior" manifestations. Got a link so I can spend more quid than I already do?

The question about Freeman was simply that he seems to be a piece in both those trades. I'm surprised for a third back on a squad that he'd be included. He's not a UFA for a few years, right? I was also a little shooting the breeze and noting an oddity. I get that differing teams have differing needs.

I like the side that got the pick in the first trade at 1.09 in the first deal and the side that got the 2nd rounder in 2021 in the second trade.

12 SF

Kyler Murray, Will Fuller, Christian Kirk, 21 2nd (mid-late projected)

For

Dak Prescott, Mike Evans
Dak and Evans...far safer and both players are still young...Murray is very intriguing but how much better if he totally hits is he then Dak...as for Fuller, Kirk and the 2nd a lot has to go right for this to be worth it...there is a lot of potential mediocrity there...this feels a little like making a trade just to make a trade.

@NE_REVIVALthis is why I wondered about Freeman. From FantasyPros and their risers/fallers after free agency article

Fallers:

Royce Freeman (RB – DEN)
The acquisition of Melvin Gordon all but demolished Freeman’s dynasty stock. He went from someone who was being drafted like a mid-to-low-end RB3 to someone who you have to wonder if he should be rostered. There’s a real possibility that he’s traded, as the Broncos are clearly not interested in him seeing the field. He’s currently outside of my top 50 running backs in dynasty formats.

I'm not sure what UTH is, actually. I'm probably using those "inferior" manifestations. Got a link so I can spend more quid than I already do?

The question about Freeman was simply that he seems to be a piece in both those trades. I'm surprised for a third back on a squad that he'd be included. He's not a UFA for a few years, right? I was also a little shooting the breeze and noting an oddity. I get that differing teams have differing needs.

I like the side that got the pick in the first trade at 1.09 in the first deal and the side that got the 2nd rounder in 2021 in the second trade.
Haha, u mean u like the side trading Freeman and I get that. I just wasn't sure what u meant on the Freeman question and thought maybe I messed up the trades with a typo. I agree that it is odd and have to guess that people are thinking he can be had really cheap right now and if he is dealt he could potentially land in a decent spot. 

UTH is Under The Helmet and Chad is the founder of the site where they have excellent content, pods and a very good trade calc. The site and calc is much more focused on long term dynasty value than most sites and thats why I include it in my arsenal. I like to balance it against other shorter term focused sites and tools and my own opinions on player values. 

Dak and Evans...far safer and both players are still young...Murray is very intriguing but how much better if he totally hits is he then Dak...as for Fuller, Kirk and the 2nd a lot has to go right for this to be worth it...there is a lot of potential mediocrity there...this feels a little like making a trade just to make a trade.
IMO...Much.

But for this deal, the Dak/Evans side is better.

IMO...Much.

But for this deal, the Dak/Evans side is better.
Dak went for 4902-30 passing and added another 277-3 in rushing last year...he is surrounded by quality weapons and a nice O line who for the most part are locked into long term deals...I really like Murray and could see having him over Dak but he is going to have to put up crazy numbers to be "much" better then Dak...I guess if you see last year an aberration for Dak then that could be the case but I don't and I could see McCarthy getting even more out of him.

Dak went for 4902-30 passing and added another 277-3 in rushing last year...he is surrounded by quality weapons and a nice O line who for the most part are locked into long term deals...I really like Murray and could see having him over Dak but he is going to have to put up crazy numbers to be "much" better then Dak...I guess if you see last year an aberration for Dak then that could be the case but I don't and I could see McCarthy getting even more out of him.
I think Murray will ascend and Dak descend a little, but not enough to make enough of a difference in the acquisition of Evans vs. Fuller/Kirk. Murray was def. QB11 last year standard, Dak was like QB3 or so.

Okay, you're right. "Much" is an exaggeration. But I do think he can be better.

Okay, you're right. "Much" is an exaggeration. But I do think he can be better.
No disagreement there...he definitely could as the kid looks very legit, I just don't think it will be enough to make that deal...on another note (and I mentioned it above) it will be interesting to see what McCarthy does for Dak's value.

Evans side and it's not close. I think he has legit 20 TD upside with Brady next year. And that's at least a few deals now where I'm thinking "can I buy Mike Evans low?" I already own him in a few spots but may need to look at more.

Murray might be just a little more valuable than Dak but IMO it's negligible. 

Users who are viewing this thread