What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (31 Viewers)

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE.

Team A gave: Michael Gallup, 2021 1st (Defending Champ)

for

Team B gave: Mark Andrews 

Team A is defending champ and before this deal had Cook, Everett, Gronk, Dissly at TE.  Gallup would have been his WR3/4. Behind Tyreek Hill, AJB, Antonio Brown.

Team B missed the playoffs last year, but has solid team.  Has a plethora of TEs with Engram, Fant, Griffin still on roster.  Depending on injuries and performance Gallup would slot in as WR 3/4/5 behind Mclaurin, Metcalf, AJ Green, Kirk, Fuller. 
Team B by a lot IMO. If this was TE premium maybe a different story. TE isnt even a required position to start.. which makes this even worse I think

Andrews and Gallup averaged almost the same PPG last year. I'll take the free 1st in 2021

FFPC

Gave: 11 and 13

Got: 6

Already had 8. I might have lost a little if you put this in a trade calc, don't know. Without taking into account players I'd usually prefer 11 and 13 over 6 but I got a top tier of 6, and a tier of 2 right behind them so even if something in NFL draft causes me to sour on my one of my top 6 I can bump one of the two players in that second tier into that spot and be ok with it.  Always a chance I'll regret this after the NFL draft but were I want to be right now is top 6.
nice trade!!!!

Team B by a lot IMO. If this was TE premium maybe a different story. TE isnt even a required position to start.. which makes this even worse I think

Andrews and Gallup averaged almost the same PPG last year. I'll take the free 1st in 2021
That is a typo. There is a required TE start.  I realize this wouldn't sway your opinion since you have it pretty one sided, but I edited the post to reflect that.

That is a typo. There is a required TE start.  I realize this wouldn't sway your opinion since you have it pretty one sided, but I edited the post to reflect that.
I would probably still take Gallup and the 1st. It changes how much its favored to Gallup, as Gallup =/= Andrews with a start 1 TE. 

Dynasty trade analyzer has this in favor of Gallup+1st by the value of 1.08

Head scratcher went down in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues today. 

Team A got: Wentz and Duke Johnson

Team B got: 3.3, 3.5, and 2021 3rd rounder 

Even though this isn't a SF league, that is still really cheap for Wentz IMO. 

FFPC

Gave: 11 and 13

Got: 6

Already had 8. I might have lost a little if you put this in a trade calc, don't know. Without taking into account players I'd usually prefer 11 and 13 over 6 but I got a top tier of 6, and a tier of 2 right behind them so even if something in NFL draft causes me to sour on my one of my top 6 I can bump one of the two players in that second tier into that spot and be ok with it.  Always a chance I'll regret this after the NFL draft but were I want to be right now is top 6.
The draft could of course swing it the other way but right now I'll take 1.06 by a fair bit.

Usually these type of trades are harder to pull off pre-draft before people start getting a clearer picture of who the guys in the 11-13 range will be (lots more variation in that area than the top of the draft).

Just pulled off another blockbuster deal in FFPC $500 Dynasty League:

Team strength was WR with: Hopkins, Evans, T. Hill, Thielen, D. Parker and Perrimen.

RB depth was extremely light with: D. Cook, P. Lindsay, and D. Henderson. Had traded Fournette for D. Cook and D. Watson before last season. 

Traded:

WR, Tyreek Hill

RB, Philip Lindsay

2021 2nd round pick (late, 2.10 - 2.12)

Received:

WR, Julio Jones

RB, Austin Ekeler

ffmail4me said:

This was me and two owners replied to the entire league about how it was lopsided. Still don’t see it. I haven’t been able to get a 3rd for Duke in any league I own him and there are 3 starting FA QBs available and at least three rookies that will be draftable. Wentz was QB14 in this league, so getting two early/mid 3rds in a deep draft seemed like solid value for a team that I’m completely rebuilding.

Not sure what I’m missing with Duke or Wentz?

Team strength was WR with: Hopkins, Evans, T. Hill, Thielen, D. Parker and Perrimen.

RB depth was extremely light with: D. Cook, P. Lindsay, and D. Henderson. Had traded Fournette for D. Cook and D. Watson before last season. 

Traded:

WR, Tyreek Hill

RB, Philip Lindsay

Received:

WR, Julio Jones

RB, Austin Ekeler
Nice deal...Ekeler is a solid pick-up...tough losing Hill but Julio definitely offsets it short-term and with Evans and Hopkins you have two players that are similar to Hill in age and value so that gives you more wiggle room...giving up Lindsay and a 2021  is no big deal with what you are getting back...if I was the other guy I definitely would have asked for a second piece with more substance.

Traded:

WR, Tyreek Hill

RB, Philip Lindsay

Received:

WR, Julio Jones

RB, Austin Ekeler
I would take the Jones / Ekeler side.

This was me and two owners replied to the entire league about how it was lopsided. Still don’t see it. I haven’t been able to get a 3rd for Duke in any league I own him and there are 3 starting FA QBs available and at least three rookies that will be draftable. Wentz was QB14 in this league, so getting two early/mid 3rds in a deep draft seemed like solid value for a team that I’m completely rebuilding.

Not sure what I’m missing with Duke or Wentz?
Wentz was QB14 with the most depleted WR group in the league.  At a minimum he gets the injured guys back this year (all 3 starters) and there is a decent chance they use their 1st round pick on another one.

I agree QBs aren't worth a ton in leagues like you are describing but I would still want an early 2nd for Wentz.  He certainly has top 3 QB upside and has done it before when he and his WR crew were healthy.

I would rather have the 1.02 than McLaurin, 1.08, and 1.11 if the league tilted toward RB importance.
I think I agree actually, generally, for many of the teams in these leagues. *There are actually 8 of them that operate independently, other than to say they combine the top 4 teams from each for a top 32 team points race in weeks 15-16* I own 5 teams in 5 different subleagues and on some rosters I would agree with your logic and others maybe not. This guy's team needs more picks, believe me. The 1.02 isn't enough for his squad. You could give him CMC for that 1.02 straight and it wouldn't be enough.

I would take the AJB/1.04 side there but people are underrating the value of Kittle in TE Premium.

Kittle scored 18.77ppg in that format last year which is more than all but two WRs (Michael Thomas and Chris Godwin).  AJB could be every bit the hit that everyone thinks he's going to be and still never outscore Kittle in that format.  And that's not accounting for the chance that AJB ends up being a flash in the pan.
I see this a lot in TE premium leagues that people either value them heavily, or they think TE's aren't really worth it to invest that much in.  There really is no in between.  So when someone sells a Kelce/Kittle/Gronk type of player they tend to get one hell of a haul.  

Traded:

WR, Tyreek Hill

RB, Philip Lindsay

Received:

WR, Julio Jones

RB, Austin Ekeler
Let's back up a minute. You traded Fournette for Cook and Watson prior to last season? What's it like playing in a league with Bill O'Brien?

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE.

Team A gave: Michael Gallup, 2021 1st (Defending Champ)

for

Team B gave: Mark Andrews 

Team A is defending champ and before this deal had Cook, Everett, Gronk, Dissly at TE.  Gallup would have been his WR3/4. Behind Tyreek Hill, AJB, Antonio Brown.

Team B missed the playoffs last year, but has solid team.  Has a plethora of TEs with Engram, Fant, Griffin still on roster.  Depending on injuries and performance Gallup would slot in as WR 3/4/5 behind Mclaurin, Metcalf, AJ Green, Kirk, Fuller. 
I don't think you can count on Antonio Brown being one of Team A's top 3 WRs this season. I doubt anybody picks him up,

16 team PPR 1.5 TE PPR

Beckham

for

Fant

Hardman
I will take Fant/Hardman...in a 16 team league with 1.5 TE scoring Fant's value goes up considerably...Hardman is one of the more intriguing fantasy assets there is...he just turned 22, is a stud athlete and is playing with Mahomes...if he eventually pops (and from what I saw last year I think that is a strong possibility) it could be in a big way...Beckham could still return to stud form but he is one incident/one more average season from losing a ton more value...this is a nice cash out for him.

Team A got Newton, Cam FA* QB; Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.02; $5 FAAB

Team B got Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB

$5 is 10% of annual reload, not a significant asset, Ebron went for $4.

Team A got Newton, Cam FA* QB; Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.02; $5 FAAB

Team B got Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB

$5 is 10% of annual reload, not a significant asset, Ebron went for $4.
Absolutely Mahomes...if you can pencil him into your line-up for the next decade you enter pretty much every weekend with an advantage.

Boy I wanna agree but I would have a tough time giving up 1.02 in a 1 QB league.  It might help if I was ravaged by Cam and Luck as my QB's going into last year though.

Boy I wanna agree but I would have a tough time giving up 1.02 in a 1 QB league.  It might help if I was ravaged by Cam and Luck as my QB's going into last year though.
I look at it this way...it will be a lot easier to find whatever you would get at 1.2 at another time then it would be getting another Mahomes.

Tend to agree but it is very close
The reason why it isn't close is because the 5/8 will get you two of Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Lamb, Jeudy, Akers, CEH, Ruggs or Jefferson.  To me that trumps a playoff team's 2021 pick.  Especially the top 5 I listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tend to agree but it is very close

The reason why it isn't close is because the 5/8 will get you two of Swift, Dobbins, Taylor, Lamb, Jeudy, Akers, CEH, Ruggs or Jefferson.  To me that trumps a playoff team's 2021 pick.  Especially the top 5 I listed.
If you're sold on the players and don't care about landing spot this is the wrong way to do it.  Someone's gonna go to a bad spot, or someone not on your list is going to go to a favorable spot, or someone's gonna fall in love with a QB or a TE for need, or some other whacky thing is going to happen.  The NFL draft always has significant impacts on fantasy draft order and I'm taking the trade down all day long to get the extra 1st now before the 2021 hype begins (can't believe it hasn't) and THAT draft ends up being the newest version of Greatest Ever Draft and that 'playoff team' ends up 1.04.

No involved  12 team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex PPR

Team A gives 1.09, , 2021 2nd (pick is 9th this year) , 2021 3rd, Derrius Guice, Robby Anderson, Marquise Brown, John Ross,

Team B gives Michael Thomas and Cooper Kupp

Team A gives 1.09, , 2021 2nd (pick is 9th this year) , 2021 3rd, Derrius Guice, Robby Anderson, Marquise Brown, John Ross,

Don't even know where to start...what a God-awful deal...surprised Team A did not add in Brandon Bolden, Vance McDonald, Kenny Stills, Dante Pettis, Taylor Gabriel and Ted Ginn.

Yikes

I'm still hopeful for Guice but that's all it is, it's hope.  He doesn't command anything so this is basically 1 1st, and it's late, and questionable starters for 2 absolute studs in PPR.  Really bad.

12 team .5 PPR:

Team A gave: Tyler Boyd, Mecole Hardman, 4.12, 2021 1st, 1021 2nd, and 2021 4th (all should be very late as they are the best team in the league)

Team B gave: Odel Beckham Jr. and 1.4

So basically a bunch of pennies and nickels for one dime and one dollar lol. 

12 Team PPR, 1.5 TE PPR

Team A got  Bell, Kittle, Marvin Jones

Team B got AJ Brown, Hochenson, 1.04

Team B is going full rebuild
I like the trade for both if A is looking to win now, Kittle is huge, Bell/Jones still have a little juice left to help win now.  I'm not as big on Hock as a lot of people are but 1.4 is a good piece and AJ should have some upside but I wouldn't want to rely on Tennessee's offense (outside of Henry).

ffmail4me said:

That is way cheap for Wentz as 3rds are just dart throws.  I'd pay that for him.

Users who are viewing this thread