Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

6 hours ago, Dez said:

Umm Jordan Hicks is an elite LB in IDP.

Tied for #3 in football in tackles with 87

#10 in football in assists with 54

Standard IDP scoring 2 pts per tackle, 1 per assist, 1.5 per pass defense, 4 per sack, 4 per INT, 2 per FF

Hicks scored the 2nd most pts in this IDP scoring system with 260 pts last year

I guess...I mean I’d put him in the second tier. Wouldn’t trust him to be elite consistently year after year. 

However you want to categorise him, I’ve never seen LBs valued that high in terms of rookie picks, particularly in standard settings. Just seemed strange, that’s all.

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

It's a bit much to say the trade should be overturned. It's just a bunch of junk for a bunch of junk.

Barkley on this one, it isn't that close

23 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team .5 PPR, non-TE premium:

Team A gave: 1.7 and Gronk

Team B gave: 1.4

1.4...what a nice gift...this is Dynasty and I don't see Gronk playing more then two years and would not be surprised if it is just one...not sure what the other guy is thinking...can't believe you couldn't figure out another way to get Gronk.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1
On 4/21/2020 at 12:16 AM, RushHour said:

I’ve never been in any IDP league where LBs (and not elite ones) hold that kind of value. Is there some funky scoring? Seems crazy.

He was the #1 IDP in all my leagues and he's what 27?  28?  He's actually a pretty good player so he's on the field every play and racks up the tackles.  All of these leagues are similarly tackle-heavy-ish so big time LB's do go for heavy premiums.  You gotta figure rookie studs like Bush last year start going late 1st so plug in maybe 1.08 for Hicks' equivalent value.  $40 is a lot of tacos in those leagues.  I'm not in his but depending on FT rules that might net you a tier 2 stud like Drake in RFA.   So Drake and 1.08 for 1.04 and 2.04.

55 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

He was the #1 IDP in all my leagues and he's what 27?  28?  He's actually a pretty good player so he's on the field every play and racks up the tackles.  All of these leagues are similarly tackle-heavy-ish so big time LB's do go for heavy premiums.  You gotta figure rookie studs like Bush last year start going late 1st so plug in maybe 1.08 for Hicks' equivalent value.  $40 is a lot of tacos in those leagues.  I'm not in his but depending on FT rules that might net you a tier 2 stud like Drake in RFA.   So Drake and 1.08 for 1.04 and 2.04.

Makes sense. I just know in my leagues you might get a late first for Leonard....maybe. Guys don’t tend to place that kind of value on the position since you can often get good production out of waiver wire guys. 

45 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I would pay that for a 27 yo Adams all day personally.  I know some people might disagree but I think this is still low value on him.

Oh I'm definitely with you on that. I really like the chances of any of a number of players at 1.10 actually hitting, but gimme Adams for sure.

Edited by barackdhouse
59 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Gave 1.10 pick

Got D. Adams

Tex

Please tell me the Adams owner is the worst team in the league and Adams is his only good piece so he "got what he could", and he's also an idiot?  

• Laughing 1
4 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Please tell me the Adams owner is the worst team in the league and Adams is his only good piece so he "got what he could", and he's also an idiot?  

No, he's deep at WR with M. Thomas as his #1 WR and he has a pretty good team he finished #3 in scoring last year.

Tex

10 minutes ago, mashedbananas said:

10 team 22 man roster 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Flex 1 K 1 DEF

Team A gave 1.09, Guice, K. Hunt

Team B gave 1.01

I am high on Hunt's value moving forward (especially a year from now) and Guice still has some upside but no way I sell #1 for this.  Definitely not before the draft where I see guys end up.

12 minutes ago, mashedbananas said:

Team B gave 1.01

10 Team league and those starting requirements I stick with the 1.01 pretty easily.

57 minutes ago, Dope said:

non ppr 14 team league

Team A gives

OBJ

2020 1.04

2020 2.04

Team B gives

Derrick Henry

2020 1.11

2020 3.06

2020 3.07

Non-PPR makes this pretty close I'd imagine.  I don't play that format but I go OBJ side.  

13 minutes ago, mashedbananas said:

Team B gave 1.01

Pretty even deal but I'm higher on Guice than most.  I like 1.01 personally though.

2 hours ago, battlestar said:

12 Team Superflex TE Premium PPR

Dealt Cam Newton for the 2.1 and a likely mid-2nd in 2021.  

I'll take the picks

• Like 1

Just had a team deal picks 10, 12, 28, and 42 for the 1. He also has the 2. Doesn't have much else on the team except Jacobs and some good IDP. But he has many picks.

14 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team .5 PPR (not included):

Team A gave Devin Singletary

Team B gave Allen Robinson

Steep price for A-Rob when you only have Fournette, Mack, Sanders, and Snell at RB now.

In a vacuum I would probably still take Arob there. Now if the Bills don’t spend a decent pick on a running back, then it may shift the other way. 

57 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't play IDP but that seems low for 1.

Maybe. This draft is pretty deep, so it seems fair IMO

• Thanks 1
On 4/23/2020 at 1:42 PM, mashedbananas said:

Team B gave 1.01

Between this trade and that Adams for 1.10...I think I'm in the wrong type of leagues. I need more suckers in my dynasty leagues so I can get these type of trades ;)

On 4/23/2020 at 9:21 AM, BigTex said:

Gave 1.10 pick

Got D. Adams

Tex

If I saw this in one of my leagues I would honestly assume collusion.  Not saying that's the case here but this is a ridiculous trade.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:53 PM, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team .5 PPR (not included):

Team A gave Devin Singletary

Team B gave Allen Robinson

Steep price for A-Rob when you only have Fournette, Mack, Sanders, and Snell at RB now.

Steep price for a 26 year old that just finished as WR8 overall despite playing with one of the worst QB situations in the league?

I think this is fair because it's only 0.5 PPR (in full PPR I would take ARob pretty easily), though I still prefer the ARob side by a bit.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, DexterDew said:

took over a rebuild with only two pieces (Jackson and Kupp) and somehow finished well enough to get 1.06, etc.

12 team graded PPR (0.5, 1.0, 1.5)

Sent Kupp

Got 1.07. 2.07, Washington (Pit) and Cohen (i have Montgomery)

IMHO, these draft picks just became much more useless than before the NFL draft! RBs going to committees, WRs not going where they could be most helpful (think Green Bay), poor TE class. Be careful here folks.

i do like Kupp, but my team is a couple years out so i need to stock pile youth. Winning in 2020 is a bad thing on a rebuild.

I will say that my opinion on this draft class has gone from high, to average, to high again with the landing spots on day 2. Prior to the draft, i saw a top 18-20. Now it might be a top 26-8 that i like

FFPC

I traded 1.10 and Daniel Jones

I got 1.06

I have 1.02 and 2.02 as well so I viewed 2.02 as the same as 1.10 basically and I can easily get whoever slips there since I probably won't be the guy reaching for a WR there.  1.02 and 1.06 should be enough to get 2 RB's.  I hope.  

On 4/23/2020 at 10:42 AM, mashedbananas said:

Team B gave 1.01

This trade should serve as a warning about trading picks before the draft.   On 4/23 most of us assumed there were 5 top backs and 2-3 WRs, and given how an average draft shakes out it's likely that 1 of those 8 would fall to 1.09, which makes the Guice/Hunt side much more palatable.   Post draft rounds 1-3 it's 1.01, and it's not close.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC

I traded 1.10 and Daniel Jones

I got 1.06

I have 1.02 and 2.02 as well so I viewed 2.02 as the same as 1.10 basically and I can easily get whoever slips there since I probably won't be the guy reaching for a WR there.  1.02 and 1.06 should be enough to get 2 RB's.  I hope.  

I don't think Jones made it through cuts in any of my non-SF FFPC leagues so I'd take 1.06 pretty easily here even as someone that thinks Jones is underrated.

23 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

This trade should serve as a warning about trading picks before the draft.   On 4/23 most of us assumed there were 5 top backs and 2-3 WRs, and given how an average draft shakes out it's likely that 1 of those 8 would fall to 1.09, which makes the Guice/Hunt side much more palatable.   Post draft rounds 1-3 it's 1.01, and it's not close.

This was 1.01 easily both before and after the draft, but I think the draft shook out pretty much exactly the way you're describing.  5 RBs then Jeudy/Lamb and maybe Raegor/Jefferson goes right into that 1.09 range.

If anything I think the value of 1.09 is slightly up after the draft.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I don't think Jones made it through cuts in any of my non-SF FFPC leagues so I'd take 1.06 pretty easily here even as someone that thinks Jones is underrated.

I actually traded a 6th for him before cuts.  Easy flip for me, figured I could sell the 2nd year, rushing ability, lots of talent around him narrative to a team with no future QB.  Turns out I was right.  I have Russell Wilson as my starter.  

6 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

This was 1.01 easily both before and after the draft, but I think the draft shook out pretty much exactly the way you're describing.  5 RBs then Jeudy/Lamb and maybe Raegor/Jefferson goes right into that 1.09 range.

If anything I think the value of 1.09 is slightly up after the draft.

I didn't state my position very well; I preferred the 1.01 before the draft as well, but I could see some owners might think to roll the dice on the Guice/Hunt side of things.   I think it should be clear to everyone now that the 1.01 is the obvious choice.

42 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

I didn't state my position very well; I preferred the 1.01 before the draft as well, but I could see some owners might think to roll the dice on the Guice/Hunt side of things.   I think it should be clear to everyone now that the 1.01 is the obvious choice.

I think it was a clear win for 1.01 before the draft and a clear win after. But I think the depth and quality of the draft has improved the 1.09 side of the trade. I still think it's not close, though.

• Like 2
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****