What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (16 Viewers)

Sure, I get the ranking and personally have them ranked about the same as consensus.  Just saying, we see RBs produce over their tiers all the time and it wouldn't be shocking to see Jones have a more productive season.
If we are looking at this in terms of not shocking there are RB's that are multiple tiers lower then both of these RB's that it would not "shock" me to see them outproduce them but what I expect to happen and what would "not shock me" are not the same thing.

I own AK in several spots it just feels like a good time to exit if you can get good value.
I tend to agree with this, and did not say I did not like your trade, just commented on the specifics of how I view the RB's.

Were we probably don't agree is I think most of the dip in AK was related to him being hurt. But for the right opportunity I would move him now for sure, actually wanted to offer him for 1.1 in a league but that got nixed.

If we are looking at this in terms of not shocking there are RB's that are multiple tiers lower then both of these RB's that it would not "shock" me to see them outproduce them but what I expect to happen and what would "not shock me" are not the same thing.

I tend to agree with this, and did not say I did not like your trade, just commented on the specifics of how I view the RB's.

Were we probably don't agree is I think most of the dip in AK was related to him being hurt. But for the right opportunity I would move him now for sure, actually wanted to offer him for 1.1 in a league but that got nixed.
All fair points.  FWIW the 1.01 owner told me I would have to add if offering Kamara.  

Interesting.  You think they are viewed similarly by the franchise? 
Yes I do.

And to be clear I don't put their value for dynasty as the same.  I like JuJu out of the slot to catch more passes and I actually like it for JuJu's long term value to get away from a team with a 38 year old QB that still believes Rudolph might be good enough to be the heir apparent and has not drafted a good QB IMO since they took Ben.

16 team .5 PPR Full IDP

Team A got Johnson, David ARI RB

Team B got Year 2020 Draft Pick 2.01

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team dynasty ppr.  1 qb

Traded:  Aaron Jones, Eric Ebron, Jimmy Graham

Received:  Deebo Samuel, Evan Engram, 2021 second 

Thoughts?  Too low on selling Jones or fair/good value?  Thanks for any feedback!

12 team dynasty ppr.  1 qb

Traded:  Aaron Jones, Eric Ebron, Jimmy Graham

Received:  Deebo Samuel, Evan Engram, 2021 second 

Thoughts?  Too low on selling Jones or fair/good value?  Thanks for any feedback!
If you don't like the uncertainty of Jones's contract and situation then it seems like a fair deal. Depends on how you view packages, Engram's injury history, Samuel's potential as more than a gadget player. Whole multitude of things.

Seems fair. 

PPR

Team A got

Mixon, Joe CIN RB

Team B got

Chark, D.J. JAC WR

Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.05

Year 2020 Draft Pick 2.05

Team B is rebuilding and Mixon was best trade asset. 

Team A also has 1.08 and Chark was their WR 4/5. 

PPR

Team A got

Mixon, Joe CIN RB

Team B got

Chark, D.J. JAC WR

Chark side by a mile

A few I’ve made in the last week.

‘21st 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Julio

Tyreek, Aiyuk for AJ Brown, Jefferson, Mims

’21 1st, 2nd for 1.11

Curious, do you think Chark/1.05/2.05 could buy 1.01?
I‘d sell 1.1 for that package.

Also I’m not a huge Mixon fan
Not what I asked, but let me answer for you. For the majority that own 1.01, it would not be enough to buy 1.01. And for most, Mixon > 1.01. Your "by a mile" doesn't make much sense. 

Not sure what's not to like about a stud 23 year old RB who catches passes in a PPR.

This. It's rookie fever season. 
I agree. I'd keep CMC. As for the Mixon/Chark deal, it sounds pretty fair, but I'd err on the side of Mixon given all the new offense in Cincinnati. They should be better on the OL and at other positions. That said, each team's need seems to have been met. Good trade on the surface, given what info. we have.

I’m not trading McCaffrey for 1.03, 1.05, and 1.07.  Nope.  Dude was RB1at 29.5ppg and he’s 23 years old, with a work ethic and skill set that should afford him as long  a career as any RB can have.  Know what RB2 averaged last year?  21.2ppg. Further down at RB12 on a ppg basis was Nick Chubb.  Nick Chubb is awesome!  Seriously, love the guy.  But he scored 16.3ppg.  You would’ve needed two Nick Chubbs in your lineup last year to best McCaffrey.

So first question, who you taking at 1.03?  Swift in Detroit?  Dobbins?  Akers?  What’s the upside?  Is Dobbins basically Ingram?  He was at 16.4ppg last year.  Then what at 1.05?  Akers?  Lamb or Jeudy?  Whether you take Swift, Dobbins, or Akers at 1.03, they might be good for 60% of McCaffrey.  Does the other one at 1.05 get you the other 40%?  Regardless, you’re handicapped already against McCaffrey.  And how much of an upgrade is the WR you get at 1.07 over whatever else you can plug into your lineup?

The only way I do this is if I’m super thin in my starting lineup, in a total rebuild with McCaffrey as my only viable piece, or would just rather spread injury risk from one stud out over three other assets.  Otherwise I hold him and have a huge advantage every week over every other team in the league.  He’s a fantasy assassin. You don’t trade guys like that.

I’m not trading McCaffrey for 1.03, 1.05, and 1.07.  Nope.  Dude was RB1at 29.5ppg and he’s 23 years old, with a work ethic and skill set that should afford him as long  a career as any RB can have.  Know what RB2 averaged last year?  21.2ppg. Further down at RB12 on a ppg basis was Nick Chubb.  Nick Chubb is awesome!  Seriously, love the guy.  But he scored 16.3ppg.  You would’ve needed two Nick Chubbs in your lineup last year to best McCaffrey.

So first question, who you taking at 1.03?  Swift in Detroit?  Dobbins?  Akers?  What’s the upside?  Is Dobbins basically Ingram?  He was at 16.4ppg last year.  Then what at 1.05?  Akers?  Lamb or Jeudy?  Whether you take Swift, Dobbins, or Akers at 1.03, they might be good for 60% of McCaffrey.  Does the other one at 1.05 get you the other 40%?  Regardless, you’re handicapped already against McCaffrey.  And how much of an upgrade is the WR you get at 1.07 over whatever else you can plug into your lineup?

The only way I do this is if I’m super thin in my starting lineup, in a total rebuild with McCaffrey as my only viable piece, or would just rather spread injury risk from one stud out over three other assets.  Otherwise I hold him and have a huge advantage every week over every other team in the league.  He’s a fantasy assassin. You don’t trade guys like that.
That's stronger than I would have put it, but convincing enough to me to warrant its strength of opinion. Concur.

eta* Depending on the trade calc, you'll get a different answer, to be fair.

PPR

Team A got

Mixon, Joe CIN RB

Team B got

Chark, D.J. JAC WR

Another vote for Chark side, maybe not a mile, but pretty comfortably. I would have traded 1.01 for that in a heartbeat too

10-team PPR 

gave Kenny Golladay, Christian Kirk, Parris Campbell, Antonio Gibson, 2021 2nd (late), 2021 3rd (early)

got Michael Thomas, 2021 3rd (late)

Had plenty of depth across the board, so I traded some depth for a stud.  

I would take Dobbins at 3 and assume I’d make a run in 2 years when Ingram is out the door or close to it.  I think in 2-3 years he will be more than what Ingram scored last year.  

I know this league well and they always go very heavy on RB.  Almost positive the guy at 4 would take a RB and then I would take Juedy or Lamb at 5.  At 7 I would most likely get the receiver I didn’t choose unless the person at six just doesn’t like Akers or Swift.  He needs a RB though. 

I was thinking more on the lines of sell CMAC while he’s at peak value.  If I get 2018 CMAC, which was still RB2 behind Gurley, it’d be easier to close the gap.  Also I’m concerned with the Panthers in how they have a new qb and didn’t draft anything on offense.  I’m not saying Bridgewater will be bad for CMAC but I think I have a better chance of 2018 CMAC than 2019 CMAC.  

My other RBs are Zeke, Conner and Breida so when you add in Dobbs who probably won’t be great in year one of his timeshare, I’d still be solid at RB.  It’s a 14 team league so RBs aren’t plentiful.  I think Breida and Connor lose a ton of value after this year since I could see their teams both drafting their replacement next year.  

Juedy and Lamb would help my aging wr corp. I have Hopkins, Adams, Theielen, and Hilton. I’m going to shop Thielen, Hilton, Breida, and Conner to see if I can get a late first and draft another rookie wr.  

I know my team is built to win now so losing CMAC would probably hurt my chances badly but a lot can happen in the playoffs.  This team gets to the playoffs even without CMAC. 

Rb:  Zeke, Dobbs, Connor, Breida

WR:  Hopkins, Adams, Juedy, Lamb, Thielen, Hilton 

TE:   Kelce, H. Henry, Gronk

I could be strong for many years to come  

I really appreciate the feedback  even though it’s strong against my trade.   It’s a gamble for sure  

Vandelay said:
Thanks, would love to get some more opinions on the Kamara vs Jones aspect of this.

Just felt like Mahomes is the gift thats going to keep on giving for 10 years while both RBs could be heavily devalued 2 seasons from now.  And sure I'd bet on AK over Jones during that time but don't have high confidence on it.  Much closer to coin flip as to who scores more points this season.  Only CMC put up more points last year.
This sounds all good and well but how often does this actually happen?

Going back to recent memory I think of guys like Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, RG3.  Russ is the only one still kicking as a somewhat top QB but his value is pretty meh in 1qb and it has been a rocky road getting here.  He's probably been passed around to 3 different teams since someone grabbed him thinking they were going to have him for 10 years as the ups and downs always come.

Not saying that breaks the trade as maybe Mahomes will be different, but he was QB7 in ppg this year and while injuries surely impacted his play another year where he's not the standout QB1 and people will start getting bored of him like they did with Russ.

Going back to recent memory I think of guys like Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, RG3.  Russ is the only one still kicking as a somewhat top QB but his value is pretty meh in 1qb and it has been a rocky road getting here.  He's probably been passed around to 3 different teams since someone grabbed him thinking they were going to have him for 10 years as the ups and downs always come.

Not saying that breaks the trade as maybe Mahomes will be different, but he was QB7 in ppg this year and while injuries surely impacted his play another year where he's not the standout QB1 and people will start getting bored of him like they did with Russ.
Sorry, should have specified.  It was PATRICK Mahomes.  You must be thinking of some other guy.

Thinking any nfl player will dominate for a decade is foolishly hopeful, but Mahomes looks like he has a solid 5 year window of being a top qb. Kamara still has to contend with Murray and he’s not impervious to the rigors of the nfl season. If Jones leaves GB as a free agent it’s not like he disappears and goes to zero value, but I suppose I’d look at CJ Anderson when he had the starting job in Denver and fa was looming, I see it as a similar situation. 

10-team PPR 

gave Kenny Golladay, Christian Kirk, Parris Campbell, Antonio Gibson, 2021 2nd (late), 2021 3rd (early)

got Michael Thomas, 2021 3rd (late)

Had plenty of depth across the board, so I traded some depth for a stud.  
Oof that’s cheap for Thomas. I like golladay but the rest are pretty wait and see imo. Kirk has been ok, Campbell has competition, Gibson is an intriguing late 2nd rd guy and a couple picks at the 2/3 turn is nothing when you get mike thomas back. The fact that it’s a 10 team league make consistent  studs like Thomas even more valuable. 

I know my team is built to win now so losing CMAC would probably hurt my chances badly but a lot can happen in the playoffs.  This team gets to the playoffs even without CMAC. 

Rb:  Zeke, Dobbs, Connor, Breida

WR:  Hopkins, Adams, Juedy, Lamb, Thielen, Hilton 

TE:   Kelce, H. Henry, Gronk

I could be strong for many years to come  

I really appreciate the feedback  even though it’s strong against my trade.   It’s a gamble for sure  
I thought so too in 2018 in HyperActive 1 league when I had Andrew Luck, Lamar Jackson, Leonard Fournette, Todd Gurley, CMAC, Kareem Hunt, Sony Michel, ODB jr, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, and Gronk.  I traded Jackson and CMAC and look what happened to the rest.  Things can change quickly in FF.  I wish I hadn't traded Jackson and CMAC if I knew the rest of my strength would go down the crapper.  I have 3 titles in this league, but it may be a long time before I ever win another one.  Looks like I'm going to have to start over now when I thought I was set for years.

0.5 PPR

Traded:  Christian McCaffrey

Recieved:  1.3, 1.5, 1.7
Lot of folks down on this deal but I'm not. Situations exists were I'd accept the picks, situations were I'd prefer CMC.

I'd need to be rebuilding and have roster room to accept the picks over CMC, but if I was in that situation I would take the picks. I'd stack the top 7 of this draft class up against any top 7 since I've been doing dynasty and I mean how I viewed them when I'm drafting them. Walking out with 3 high end players who are all about 21 for a RB who gets worked about as hard as any RB in the league and has 3 year of NFL service on his body is absolutely not a bad deal IMO and I think it's a great deal if your team has CMC and you still don't view yourself as legit contender because if that's the case your team needs some work.

If I'm a contender and/or lacking roster room I hold onto CMC.

Wow. Guy must have thought there was a cliff either between 2 and 3 or 7 and 8. Interesting. Wouldn't do that myself. 
This trade wasn't mine but I think there is a cliff between 2 and 3.  And probably a pretty large gap between 7 and 8 as well.  I would take the 1.2 side of that trade personally.

This trade wasn't mine but I think there is a cliff between 2 and 3.  And probably a pretty large gap between 7 and 8 as well.  I would take the 1.2 side of that trade personally.
Cool. That's sort of what I thought. I wasn't being snarky. CEH and Taylor 1/2 and then the seven/eight drop off after the standard backs and two WRs come off the board, maybe? It is interesting how the closer it gets to draft days the picks and the separation between two seemingly close numbers just increases in value, isn't it?  

FFPC

Not involved:

Team A gave: 1.3/1.8

Teams B gave: 1.2, 2.2, 3.2 and Brees
Interesting deal...a good part of this can be described as being a draft-board trade...the difference between 1.2 and 1.3 can be totally different between two owners so it's very easy for two people to look at this totally different...the x-factor here is Brees...what do the QB situations for both teams look like?  Kind of need that to really make a decision.

Lot of folks down on this deal but I'm not. Situations exists were I'd accept the picks, situations were I'd prefer CMC.

I'd need to be rebuilding and have roster room to accept the picks over CMC, but if I was in that situation I would take the picks. I'd stack the top 7 of this draft class up against any top 7 since I've been doing dynasty and I mean how I viewed them when I'm drafting them. Walking out with 3 high end players who are all about 21 for a RB who gets worked about as hard as any RB in the league and has 3 year of NFL service on his body is absolutely not a bad deal IMO and I think it's a great deal if your team has CMC and you still don't view yourself as legit contender because if that's the case your team needs some work.

If I'm a contender and/or lacking roster room I hold onto CMC.
This is a tough one but I think I am on the CMC side of it and would probably need one more 1st to give up CMC here.

Looking back at past top 7 drafts, even in the BEST of drafts where we saw a strong top 7 going in you're looking at 3-4 hits out of 7 on the high side.

The likelihood that all 3 picks he is getting here hit is almost nil.  Slightly less likely than hitting on 0 of the picks which would be a disaster.

So we're looking at somewhere between 1 or 2 of the picks hitting.  To me it seems far and away the most likely that 1 of the picks hit, which I think would be a huge win for the CMC side since it's unlikely that hit will be as big as CMC.  Even if 2 of them hit I think that probably still leans the trade in CMC's favor unless, again, one is a huge hit and not just a "normal" hit.

Interesting deal...a good part of this can be described as being a draft-board trade...the difference between 1.2 and 1.3 can be totally different between two owners so it's very easy for two people to look at this totally different...the x-factor here is Brees...what do the QB situations for both teams look like?  Kind of need that to really make a decision.
Brees has almost no value in FFPC 1qb leagues.  Everyone has a QB and those that don't can find one or streamers very easily with the small rosters.  I couldn't move Wentz for a 2nd in one of my FFPC leagues this offseason.

The team who gave up Brees still has Watson and they are not a contender. The team who got Brees is a contender and has Baker

Brees has almost no value in FFPC 1qb leagues.  Everyone has a QB and those that don't can find one or streamers very easily with the small rosters.  I couldn't move Wentz for a 2nd in one of my FFPC leagues this offseason.
Brees did put up 25 PPG his full 10 games and has now added Sanders and did not really unlock Jared Cook until late in the year. He does that over a full season he's QB5 last year. Also this league left the QB market a little more barren then most with multiple teams keeping 3 QB but you still had some solid options like Stafford and Lock available. 

So while I can see how someone would put a little value on Brees. While I think Baker might finally get it together I would consider Brees an upgrade over him right now and on a contender he has some value. But that value is probably in the 3-4th round range so not much value either.

FFPC

Not involved:

Team A gave: 1.3/1.8

Teams B gave: 1.2, 2.2, 3.2 and Brees
I'd much rather have 1.3/1.8.  The consensus is a top 7 exists but for me its a clear top 8 and I'm debating whether to take the extra guy over a couple of the more standard options.

Also not overly big on Taylor and prefer who I would take at 3, so consolidating those extra picks into 2 players I view as studs and have high confidence evaluations on is an easy win.

The team who gave up Brees still has Watson and they are not a contender. The team who got Brees is a contender and has Baker

Brees did put up 25 PPG his full 10 games and has now added Sanders and did not really unlock Jared Cook until late in the year. He does that over a full season he's QB5 last year. Also this league left the QB market a little more barren then most with multiple teams keeping 3 QB but you still had some solid options like Stafford and Lock available. 

So while I can see how someone would put a little value on Brees. While I think Baker might finally get it together I would consider Brees an upgrade over him right now and on a contender he has some value. But that value is probably in the 3-4th round range so not much value either.
I think that does changes things a little...if you are a contender and can upgrade your line-up (and if we get Baker 2019 this year it could be a major upgrade) that is definitely a plus...I know I am absolutely in the minority in a big way but I always build my teams with a big-time starting QBs...I have no interest in playing the match-ups and I find the less I have to worry about QBs and TEs the more effective I am elsewhere...assuming the owner getting the 1.2 has a "big two' (which has to be the case for doing this) I will call it a draw because the 1.2 has probably upgraded two starting positions in a manner he wants and still gets the 2.2 to grab a quality prospect...the other guy probably has a "big three" so the move down is no big deal but now he gets a chance to land another high-end rookie.

FFPC:

Gave: 1.3/1.8

Got: 1.1

Some background.

Team I traded with owned 1.1 and 1.5, is now at 1.3, 1.5, and 1.8. They are expected to draft two RB's at 3 and 5.

Before the trade I had 4 #1's. Picks  1.3, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8 so now down to 1.1, 1.4 and 1.6. I will be drafting two RB's and a WR if the team does as I believe they will with picks 3 and 5.

I made this offer yesterday, it was rejected and then re-offered to me this morning. In the course of the rejection yesterday I was told they he was picking CEH so  maybe the change of heart had to do with blurb/report that Damian Williams was still the starter? I will be taking CEH. I got Cook/Kamara as 1-2 and have them both handcuffed. I do anticipate Damian interfering with CEH's upside but then I  expect all the top RB's in this draft to have vet's hindering their immediate upside. I'll slot him in as a my RB3, the RB I choose at 4 as my RB4, and with my top guys handcuffed I think that should be good enough for the year while I wait  for the rookie RB's roles to grow.

If I kept the 1 8 I was looking at drafting WR's at 6 and 8 because again I got pretty good idea 5 RB's start the draft. I was not overly thrilled with the idea of dedicating 4 roster spots to rookies and especially with two of them as WR's in a league with no offseason work. I started looking ahead and it seemed like a bit of  roster drain, was going to have a lot of work to do to get roster down next off season but was especially not jazzed up about carrying two potential roster draining rookie WR's on a team that is a contending team. I did try and shop the 1.8 yesterday after my offer for 3/8 was rejected and was not getting back the kind of deal I wanted. Also pretty sure Lamb or Jeudy are not making it to 8.

I had posted another similar league were someone gave 1.3/1.8 and got back 1.2/2.2/3.2 and Brees earlier. If you don't have a preference between Taylor and CEH that team got 2.2/3.2 and Brees more then me. I do have CEH over Taylor, but would concede they got more for their 3/8 then I got, but even if I lost value I'm good with it.

@menobrown

The way I see it, you gave up Jefferson/Reagor to take CEH instead of one of Dobbins/Swift/Akers/Lamb.

To that I say...yeah, maybe. :shrug:
That's short of it yes. I gave to get so I'm good with people seeing win for the other side. I got pick 8 in 2 other leagues and certainly see value in it because those are strong options at WR. I think this draft is a big 7 but the next 2-3 are pretty strong worthy of first round picks as well.

I already outlined most of the reasons I did the trade, other then I obviously see a difference between CEH and that next tier or RB's. The other reason I forgot to mention was my team already has Cooper, JuJu, Diontae and Deebo and I'm going to draft Juedy or Lamb at 6 to go along with one older WR I retain. So the roster was feeling real heavy on young WR's and WR's in general. I'd be looking at 6 young WR's, plus the vet, and most of those WR's have not yet established themselves as guys I can trust so it was starting to feel like a drain in a smaller roster league like FFPC. I got Mahomes at QB, Kittle/Engram at TE,  a bunch of young WR's,  consolidating the roster at cost of another young WR when I have no other real needs to get what I feel is an upgrade and also a safer pick at RB was easy for me on this team.

I see no discernible difference on 3 vs 4 at this time . I have a league were I have picks 4/8 and that team only carries 4 WR's and one of them is old. That team I'm not sure I'd give 4/8 for 1.1, I might but not such an easy call and I'd need to really think about it. That's why I tried to give some background, one trade might be easy for me in one league but something not easy or I don't want to do in another.

Users who are viewing this thread