What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

ILUVBEER99 said:
Huh?  I don’t even like Henry long term, but that is awful value for him.  He’s considered a top 10 dynasty RB. 1.09 rookie pick is WAY low for him.
The worst part of the trade is if the owner has held him for a while. I drafted him as a rookie, and I've been waiting for the breakout. Well, it happened. I would have given up pretty cheaply on him exactly one year ago. But today? No way. I waited too long for this, and someone will have to offer a ton to get him now.

doowain said:
Gave:

Gallup

2021 1st (late) - still have two more

Got:

AJG

1.07 (drafted Jeudy)

Took over this orphan team this off-season without a 1st.
I agree with @battlestar. Jeudy could surpass Gallup soon, and I'm very curious to see how AJG does the next couple years.

12-team, 0.5PPR, Q/R/R/W/W/W/T/Flex

Team A gives:  Nuk Hopkins, Lock, 1.05, 1.06

Team B gives:  Dak Prescott, Fournette, Diggs, Hockenson, 1.12, 2.10, 2.12, 2021 first (late), 2021 second (late), 35% FAAB

Team C gives: Austin Hooper

Team D gives:  2021 second (mid?)

Team B gives:  Dak Prescott, Fournette, Diggs, Hockenson, 1.12, 2.10, 2.12, 2021 first (late), 2021 second (late), 35% FAAB

Team C gives: Austin Hooper

Team D gives:  2021 second (mid?)
Give me the nuk side

I don’t know what to think of hooper. That’s pretty cheap for a guy who finished as a top te. 

doowain said:
Gave:

Gallup

Got:

AJG

1.07 (drafted Jeudy)

I like the deal for you, but how do you know the 2021 pick will be late? 

10 team PPR

Damien Williams(new owner picks 1.1) for the 2.05.  
Was this before or after Reid said DWill was still the starter?

Given Reid’s aggravating recent predilection RBBC,  i’d almost be temped to take someone other than CEH at 1.01

i guess having them both is the way to go, but I’ve been burned by that thinking in the past where a true feature back never emerged. 

And by making this deal, dude is paying a 1.01 and a 2.05 for 1 player who might not be a starter. 

who are you thinking o at 2.05? 

doowain said:
Gave:

Gallup

Got:

AJG

1.07 (drafted Jeudy)

Don't like it at all.  AJG is useless for an orphan takeover, he won't return any value even if he does well, at most someone might pay an early 2nd I would imagine.  Hate the Jeudy pick as well but I guess that's basically ADP, just my personal preference.  Also I'm a big Gallup fan, he'll be a Robert Woods type of player for many many years to come. 

Goodness this is awful imo.  That is a free 1.05 at least.

Don't like it at all.  AJG is useless for an orphan takeover, he won't return any value even if he does well, at most someone might pay an early 2nd I would imagine.  Hate the Jeudy pick as well but I guess that's basically ADP, just my personal preference.  Also I'm a big Gallup fan, he'll be a Robert Woods type of player for many many years to come. 
Agreed.  I would put Gallup and Jeudy fairly even and a 2021 1st >>> AJG at this point.

Superflex 12 team 1 QB 1 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Superflex 2 Flex 1 K 1 DEF 25 man roster

I gave 1.05 and 2.04

Got 1.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.011

Took over an orphan last year.  I have a top 4 tier in Superflex, and I still have the 1.4 (which i earned) so figured this gives me 2 of the top 4.  I am also a Bengals Fan ,so the chance to get Burrow at 1.01 figured in also.  I currently have J Allen, Goff and Haskin/K Allen at QB so not desperate but will welcome another QB.  If I lost a little on the trade I will still (hopefully) have fun watching Burrow.  

As for the three 4th round picks...the other owner had 14 picks before this trade, so he was really just trying to get rid of some picks.  Round 3 and 4 are in August so that helps their value a little also.

Superflex 12 team 1 QB 1 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Superflex 2 Flex 1 K 1 DEF 25 man roster

I gave 1.05 and 2.04

Took over an orphan last year.  I have a top 4 tier in Superflex, and I still have the 1.4 (which i earned) so figured this gives me 2 of the top 4.  I am also a Bengals Fan ,so the chance to get Burrow at 1.01 figured in also.  I currently have J Allen, Goff and Haskin/K Allen at QB so not desperate but will welcome another QB.  If I lost a little on the trade I will still (hopefully) have fun watching Burrow.  

As for the three 4th round picks...the other owner had 14 picks before this trade, so he was really just trying to get rid of some picks.  Round 3 and 4 are in August so that helps their value a little also.
You couldn’t have had Burrow at 1.05?  

I gave 1.05 and 2.04

2.04 is a valuable pick in Superflex but I am a big fan of moving up (even within a tier) to get your guy.  I think 2.04 is cheap to go get your guy, especially one that may anchor your team for a decade.

Gave: 1.05, 1.09

Got: 1.04, 2.04

I'm all in on CeeDee and didn't want to risk him not making it to 5.  Also don't have strong opinions on the batch of WRs going between late 1st early 2nd so not too concerned with the drop.

Gave: 1.05, 1.09

Got: 1.04, 2.04

I'm all in on CeeDee and didn't want to risk him not making it to 5.  Also don't have strong opinions on the batch of WRs going between late 1st early 2nd so not too concerned with the drop.
How can be certain you’ll get him at 4? 

Been in a massive rebuild and had the following picks...3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16

Been trying to get 8 for months.  Guy took my target, then rejected a bunch of my offers, several of which were steep overpays.  Finally got this counter and took it.

Get: Justin Jefferson

Gave: 1.09, 1.10

Its too much but I did NOT want to leave this draft without Jefferson.  My picks at 9 and 10 would have been Ruggs and Raegor but I have a huge gap between them and Jefferson.

Roast me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had 1.08 in my other FFPC I offered 1.08 and 3.08 for 1.09 and 3.01 and got turned down.

Jefferson then fell to 1.10 anyway.
Its terrible value.  Jefferson was my highest confidence evaluation though and I had him pegged as the WR2 and overall #5 in this draft.  Probably a stupid move.

Its terrible value.  Jefferson was my highest confidence evaluation though and I had him pegged as the WR2 and overall #5 in this draft.  Probably a stupid move.
Did you try offering 1.09 and a 2nd or something before he made his pick at 1.08 or did you just risk and hope he wouldn't take him at 1.08 ?  Seems to me if you wanted him so badly you couldn't live without him you make a "bad value" deal to move from 1.09 to 1.08 before he picked while you were OTC at 1.07.

Also I hope you offered me something worse before accepting his counter which had to be that.  No way you possibly offered him that deal as the first offer.

Ya terrible value for me as I don't even have Jefferson as a top 8 guy.

Been in a massive rebuild and had the following picks...3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16

Been trying to get 8 for months.  Guy took my target, then rejected a bunch of my offers, several of which were steep overpays.  Finally got this counter and took it.

Get: Justin Jefferson

Gave: 1.09, 1.10

Its too much but I did NOT want to leave this draft without Jefferson.  My picks at 9 and 10 would have been Ruggs and Raegor but I have a huge gap between them and Jefferson.

Roast me lol.
I am 100% OK with this.

I've said many times that I fully believe in overpaying to get your guy if it's someone you really believe in.

The reality is that picks become even more expensive after they are made.  It makes sense that Jefferson would be more expensive than 1.08.  For starters just mentally once an owner makes the pick they become more emotionally tied to the player they picked than they were when it was just a pick.  More importantly they now know with 100% certainty that they have the exact guy you want, and that they will have no chance of still getting the guy they wanted after the trade (before the pick was made they might have thought they could trade 1.08 and still land Jefferson with 1.09, but now they know that trading means they will certainly not land Jefferson).

Obviously on value it's terrible.  But value ain't fantasy points and given the circumstances I see why you did it.  I've brought up the example many times on here before that I once did something similar by giving up a future 1st to move up from 1.04 to 1.03 to draft Le'Veon over Montee Ball even though everyone considered them to be a toss-up within the same tier.  Giving up that future 1st on a terrible value play won me 2 championships.

Did you try offering 1.09 and a 2nd or something before he made his pick at 1.08 or did you just risk and hope he wouldn't take him at 1.08 ?  Seems to me if you wanted him so badly you couldn't live without him you make a "bad value" deal to move from 1.09 to 1.08 before he picked while you were OTC at 1.07.

Also I hope you offered me something worse before accepting his counter which had to be that.  No way you possibly offered him that deal as the first offer.

Ya terrible value for me as I don't even have Jefferson as a top 8 guy.
I offered all sorts of stuff man.  Doesn't help its an owner who doesn't exchange much.  Sent offers a couple months ago, last week, while OTC at 7, several more after he picked him.  All rejected without counter.  Another factor is ill be several players over roster par after the draft and would have to swing a deal down the road.

I have to be really, really right for it to end up in my favor.  If I didn't have so many picks in this draft I definitively wouldn't have done it.  Still probably stupid lol.

I offered all sorts of stuff man.  Doesn't help its an owner who doesn't exchange much.  Sent offers a couple months ago, last week, while OTC at 7, several more after he picked him.  All rejected without counter.  Another factor is ill be several players over roster par after the draft and would have to swing a deal down the road.

I have to be really, really right for it to end up in my favor.  If I didn't have so many picks in this draft I definitively wouldn't have done it.  Still probably stupid lol.
Get your guy I guess.

I am 100% OK with this.

I've said many times that I fully believe in overpaying to get your guy if it's someone you really believe in.

The reality is that picks become even more expensive after they are made.  It makes sense that Jefferson would be more expensive than 1.08.  For starters just mentally once an owner makes the pick they become more emotionally tied to the player they picked than they were when it was just a pick.  More importantly they now know with 100% certainty that they have the exact guy you want, and that they will have no chance of still getting the guy they wanted after the trade (before the pick was made they might have thought they could trade 1.08 and still land Jefferson with 1.09, but now they know that trading means they will certainly not land Jefferson).

Obviously on value it's terrible.  But value ain't fantasy points and given the circumstances I see why you did it.  I've brought up the example many times on here before that I once did something similar by giving up a future 1st to move up from 1.04 to 1.03 to draft Le'Veon over Montee Ball even though everyone considered them to be a toss-up within the same tier.  Giving up that future 1st on a terrible value play won me 2 championships.
Thanks man.  I'd only do something like that in very specific situations and this was one of them.  Suffice to say I'll be charting Jefferson vs Riggs and Raegor closely for the next couple years.

Why not just take Jefferson at 7 then?
Because I'm greedy and I wanted Jeudy too.  I thought about it for sure, but I knew Jeudy wouldn't slip past 8.  Figured it was 50/50 Ruggs would go at 8 so I rolled the dice.

Bottom line, I wanted to get all three of Lamb, Jefferson, and Jeudy.  Got a big gap between them and the rest of the WRs in this draft.

Superflex FFPC

I gave 2.01, 4.07, 4.08

I got 2.05, 3.05

I came in with 1.11, 1.12 and 2.01, and I'm pretty strong at WR and feel there are still a few really good ones that will be there. I took Jefferson, Vaughn, and then made this move. Also, there are *lots* of good vets in this draft. I have a feeling that 3.05 will be decent. 

Not proud of this one but this just went down and as long as we're doing it:

Gave 1.01

Got 1.06, 2.04, 3.06.

That gives me 1.06, 2.01, 2.04, 2.07, 3.01, 3.06, 4.01, 5.01, 6.01

Each team needs the picks and this is a deep draft. Calc says I lose by a bit. I'm okay with that. 

Don't like it at all. You out thought yourself on this one.
Probably so. Yeah, the calcs have me losing by a bit. Three points for DTC, a fair amount for Dynasty Trade Analyzer. The guy wrote me and said he thought he lost. It's in his favor, IMO, but I'm square with it and needed the picks.

In fairness to me, I also play for a little different reason than pure winning. I like to watch the guys on my team play. I'm a sucker for the Fullers and Ruggs's of the world.

I wanted Ruggs at a reasonable valuation (sixth sounds good) where I wasn't totally reaching and getting no other value so now I will likely get him and a few others in the mid-rounds to boot. I'm sort of in a rebuild. You should see my defense. CEH and KC aren't gonna do it for me. Chase Young at 2.01 followed by Pittman at 2.04 and Gandy-Golden at 3.06 will get me deeper and closer, IMO. 

But that's a justification. I didn't win the trade, so to speak. Thanks for the honesty, though. Wish I'd run it by ya first. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably so. Yeah, the calcs have me losing by a bit. Three points for DTC, a fair amount for Dynasty Trade Analyzer. The guy wrote me and said he thought he lost. It's in his favor, IMO, but I'm square with it and needed the picks.

In fairness to me, I also play for a little different reason than pure winning. I like to watch the guys on my team play. I'm a sucker for the Fullers and Ruggs's of the world.

I wanted Ruggs at a reasonable valuation (sixth sounds good) where I wasn't totally reaching and getting no other value so now I will likely get him and a few others in the mid-rounds to boot. I'm sort of in a rebuild. You should see my defense. CEH and KC aren't gonna do it for me. Chase Young at 2.01 followed by Pittman at 2.04 and Gandy-Golden at 3.06 will get me deeper and closer, IMO. 

But that's a justification. I didn't win the trade, so to speak. Thanks for the honesty, though. Wish I'd run it by ya first. 
This reasoning is a bit underrated. If you're not playing for money, you should have who you want on your teams.

This reasoning is a bit underrated. If you're not playing for money, you should have who you want on your teams.
Thanks. Still like to win, though. One thing I also didn't want to go too deeply into is that I made the offer knowing that the person that I was making the offer to needed his picks, too. He's rebuilding from taking over. So I also want to keep him as confidant and trading partner. Accepting a renegotiation seemed like the best way to build things long term.

And that's the honest truth about why I would accept that. Sometimes you bite the bullet just a bit for future endeavors. I didn't really, even to the calcs, lose by that much. But again, justification. Just figured I'd post while everybody else was because this literally happened twenty minutes ago.

Users who are viewing this thread