What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

Edmonds is very devalued but that can change so rapidly. He had a career day in NY last year and looked good for a while until he tweaked himself, which led to Drake taking over. I love that offense. I don't think it's that lopsided. I know the calcs don't.

Was this before or after Reid said DWill was still the starter?

Given Reid’s aggravating recent predilection RBBC,  i’d almost be temped to take someone other than CEH at 1.01

i guess having them both is the way to go, but I’ve been burned by that thinking in the past where a true feature back never emerged. 

And by making this deal, dude is paying a 1.01 and a 2.05 for 1 player who might not be a starter. 

who are you thinking o at 2.05? 
It was after the Reid talk.  

I’m going bpa but I think some WR’s will slip due to the league always drafting RB heavy (i.e Vaughn will definitely go top 8). 

Is the thinking that one can draft two WRs in the early second round that are better than Kirk? And, is Edmonds simply an after-thought now?
IMO yes on the first. I don't think it's out of the question for Kirk to be a fantasy WR2/3 in that offense, but I think each of those two picks can yield someone better. I like Edmonds as a possible flex with upside. In my FFPC leagues I'm doing right now, Edmonds is available in the draft and I expect he will go maybe mid 3rd. 

Edmonds is very devalued but that can change so rapidly. He had a career day in NY last year and looked good for a while until he tweaked himself, which led to Drake taking over. I love that offense. I don't think it's that lopsided. I know the calcs don't.
Yeah there is value in that system. They didn't sign Drake long term throwing the transition tag on him. Edmonds could be the starter in 2021. 

12 team PPR:

TEAM A gives: OBJ, 1.12 

TEAM B gives: 1.04, 2.04

1.04 was OTC when trade was made. Dobbins, CEH and Swift were drafted with 1st 3 picks, Taylor went at 1.04.

Thanks. My team is very much void of rb talent (Hunt and Cohen are the only ones worth mentioning). I hold 1.01, 1.03, 1.07 now. Should be a shot in the arm
Going back to JohnnyU's point about COVID and the supplemental draft, now might even be a good time to get rid of your high picks from next year if all the good players wind up going supplemental. Just something to think about in the back of one's mind.

I still own a 1st yet for 2021 (1.01 from 2019 season). maybe I can get 1.02 from the guy...
Heh. You can try, I guess. But I'm being serious. One has to admit that it could get that weird. No college football season? Why on earth go back and get a year older? Supplemental draft is right there around the corner for these guys if I'm not mistaken.

Heh. You can try, I guess. But I'm being serious. One has to admit that it could get that weird. No college football season? Why on earth go back and get a year older? Supplemental draft is right there around the corner for these guys if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah that will be nuts for me as commissioner of a 96 team consortium of eight 12-team leagues. We have been building to 2020 as our jackpot climax season and it might just go poof. There is no 2021 for us (unless the NFL totally cancels) and we're doing our rookie/FA draft next week. If they add in supplemental players later, IDK what we're going to do. Except they'll be coveted in the first waiver wire I guess. I would hate to postpone our draft that has always been right after the NFL draft, just because there *might* be a supplemental draft with lots of would-be 2021 rookies. Errr sorry this is completed trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superflex FFPC

I gave 2.01, 4.07, 4.08

I got 2.05, 3.05

I came in with 1.11, 1.12 and 2.01, and I'm pretty strong at WR and feel there are still a few really good ones that will be there. I took Jefferson, Vaughn, and then made this move. Also, there are *lots* of good vets in this draft. I have a feeling that 3.05 will be decent. 
Funny story, the guy I had at the top of my board when I was OTC at 2.01 was still there at 2.05. The guy I had 2nd on my board didn't go until 2.07. 

I'm now Fournette free.  I traded my last share in HyperActive 1 for a 2021 1st rd pick (probably mid round).  I had a lot of shares to start the off-season, but started selling him as soon as the season ended.

People have been coming hard after my 2nds in FFPC superflex leagues.

Gave: 2.04, 2.11

Got: 2021 1st (projected early)

Then in another league I woke up to this offer and couldn't accept it fast enough.  I think the other owner was overreacting to Denver drafting WRs.

Gave: 2.07, 2.10

Got: Courtland Sutton

People have been coming hard after my 2nds in FFPC superflex leagues.

Gave: 2.04, 2.11

Got: 2021 1st (projected early)

Then in another league I woke up to this offer and couldn't accept it fast enough.  I think the other owner was overreacting to Denver drafting WRs.

Gave: 2.07, 2.10

Got: Courtland Sutton
Good moves...reading your posts my guess is your team is deep enough that not using those two #2's aren't gonna hurt you...getting that #1 is a great asset...not sure why the other owner would make the Sutton offer...it is very easy to see it is foolish...probably caught up in rookie fever, he will regret it the second the draft is over.

I'm now Fournette free.  I traded my last share in HyperActive 1 for a 2021 1st rd pick (probably mid round).  I had a lot of shares to start the off-season, but started selling him as soon as the season ended.
Nice cash out...he will be fine this year but who knows where he will be next year.

Team M: Kirk,WR & Edmonds,RB Arizona 

Tesm N: 2.03 and 2.04 

who wins this trade?
Picks in landslide
I think we are in the height of draft pick season and over-valuing picks. We look at rookie drafts and kind of know as a group that they all have high bust factors, but we are comparing rookies most of the time, and so that bust potential is just a parrt for everyone so we compare the players as if they will each succeed and what they are then worth. Edmonds is as likely as any rookie picked at 2.03 or better to become a quality starter and Kirk probably more likely to be a quality starter going forward. The picks may have more amazing upside potential, but as far as bird-in-the-hand value, I don't see any landslide.

Very minor deal in FFPC but,

OTC at 3.01, I traded it away for Julian Edelman.  Nobody I wanted was available, I would have picked Antonio Gibson there had the trade not worked.  

OTC at 3.01, I traded it away for Julian Edelman.  Nobody I wanted was available, I would have picked Antonio Gibson there had the trade not worked.  
I can not begin to tell you how much I like this trade...he is a player that could help you win a title this year and you gave up a dart throw for him...I am a big fan of grabbing these type of players in Dynasty...aging veterans that are still productive...if you have a roster that is built on youth there is no downside to having 2-3 players that are nearing the end of their value but could help you win in the short-term, especially when you are paying 50 cents on the dollar...you obviously don't build around these guys or give up legit assets for them but getting him for a third is great roster management.

I can not begin to tell you how much I like this trade...he is a player that could help you win a title this year and you gave up a dart throw for him...I am a big fan of grabbing these type of players in Dynasty...aging veterans that are still productive...if you have a roster that is built on youth there is no downside to having 2-3 players that are nearing the end of their value but could help you win in the short-term, especially when you are paying 50 cents on the dollar...you obviously don't build around these guys or give up legit assets for them but getting him for a third is great roster management.
It’s a fine gamble.  But this is a 34 year old Edelman without Brady.  Not sure what his upside is this year.  It might be 75% of last season, which may still be spot starter worthy but not all that helpful to make a title run difference.  I’d much rather the dart at 3.01 than a likely last year of Edelman.

I think we are in the height of draft pick season and over-valuing picks. We look at rookie drafts and kind of know as a group that they all have high bust factors, but we are comparing rookies most of the time, and so that bust potential is just a parrt for everyone so we compare the players as if they will each succeed and what they are then worth. Edmonds is as likely as any rookie picked at 2.03 or better to become a quality starter and Kirk probably more likely to be a quality starter going forward. The picks may have more amazing upside potential, but as far as bird-in-the-hand value, I don't see any landslide.
There is no bird, though. Neither Kirk or Edmonds fit into that category. We're not talking about established studs or something. I'm not putting either of those guys in my starting lineup, so why would I give up *either* of those two picks? My FFPC team is drafting in the mid 3rd round right now and Edmonds is still on the board. Like I said he would be. Higgins and Mims went at 2.03/2.04. I have also seen Pittman go there, as well as Aiyuk. I would *easily* take those guys first. 

Note, most years I would agree about the assessment of bust rates and the values of 2nd round picks. I just don't think the board this year backs that up. The 2nd is loaded.

It’s a fine gamble.  But this is a 34 year old Edelman without Brady.  Not sure what his upside is this year.  It might be 75% of last season, which may still be spot starter worthy but not all that helpful to make a title run difference.  I’d much rather the dart at 3.01 than a likely last year of Edelman.
It is also a 34 year who will likely be the security blanket for a young QB...if I am close to a title and have a young team already this is a no-brainer for me...it gives you legit playable depth...if I am down and rebuilding it doesn't make sense.

I’d have taken Gibson. Good luck though. I think edelmans best days are behind him and nkeal Harry will be the guy stidham looks to grow with, but I’m wrong a lot. Plus I’m a little bullish on Gibson, intriguing guy for 3.01.

Traded 1.1 and Tyrell Williams

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1
I wouldn't have traded the 1.1 for that, especially if I was weak at RB.  At the very worse you should have gotten a top 5 pick back plus a #1 back for 2021 or at worse a top 5 pick and a couple of early 2nds in 2020.  I don't feel you picked up enough draft capital to justify giving up the 1.1

And another where one guy traded up in draft. Not involved. 12 team, 1 pt ppr flex.

Team A gave up Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR; Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.07

Team B gave up Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.03; Year 2021 Round 2 Draft Pick 

I wouldn't traded the 1.1 for that, especially if I was weak at RB.  At the very worse you should have gotten a top 5 pick back plus a #1 back for 2021 or at worse a top 5 pick and a couple of early 2nds in 2020.  I don't feel you picked up enough draft capital to justify giving up the 1.1
Normally I would agree. But this draft is so deep that I think this is fair to both teams.  This could be CEH for Jefferson, Aiyuk and Gibson.

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1

I wouldn't traded the 1.1 for that, especially if I was weak at RB.  At the very worse you should have gotten a top 5 pick back plus a #1 back for 2021 or at worse a top 5 pick and a couple of early 2nds in 2020.  I don't feel you picked up enough draft capital to justify giving up the 1.1
We are on the eve of the draft.  I chose the option that I think gives me the best long term results.  Considering there is no consensus 1.1, it doesn't hold the value it has in other years.  My team is not ready to compete, and 1.1 was my only pick.  I feel much better about adding one of Ruggs/Jefferson/Reagor and one of Mims/Pittman/Aiyuk plus whatever I find at 3.1 than drafting D'Andre Swift to this team.

We are on the eve of the draft.  I chose the option that I think gives me the best long term results.  Considering there is no consensus 1.1, it doesn't hold the value it has in other years.  My team is not ready to compete, and 1.1 was my only pick.  I feel much better about adding one of Ruggs/Jefferson/Reagor and one of Mims/Pittman/Aiyuk plus whatever I find at 3.1 than drafting D'Andre Swift to this team.
I think for a RB needy team, one of CEH, Taylor, or Dobbins is a must and if you can't get one of those, either Jeudy, Lamb, or Akers would be a must.  I would have had to have at least a top 6 pick back and either a 2021 1st or 2 early 2nds in the 2020 draft.  I feel there is a huge drop off at 1.7 (CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Jeudy, Lamb, Akers).  Yes, I consider Swift and Ruggs a huge drop off from those 7 I listed.

There is no bird, though. Neither Kirk or Edmonds fit into that category. We're not talking about established studs or something. I'm not putting either of those guys in my starting lineup, so why would I give up *either* of those two picks? My FFPC team is drafting in the mid 3rd round right now and Edmonds is still on the board. Like I said he would be. Higgins and Mims went at 2.03/2.04. I have also seen Pittman go there, as well as Aiyuk. I would *easily* take those guys first. 

Note, most years I would agree about the assessment of bust rates and the values of 2nd round picks. I just don't think the board this year backs that up. The 2nd is loaded.
I think there is a lot more bust risk with the guys being picked at 16 and 17 than you do. No problem,we  just see it differently. Shenault may likely fail due to injuries, Mims and Pittman, even Higgins, can be no more than WR3s due to lack of initial burst (like 'can't miss' Treadwell), Aiyuk and even Reagor never really dominated in college or faced bigger faster DBs. And injury or not having the heart to do the work required, or not having the ability to step up to the speed of the game or not liking to be hit as hard as they will be ... so many things can be the case or happen.  I think Kirk, having proved as much, is far more likely to have a solid WR career then any one of these guys, and while Edwards may be as or even more of a risk to succeed, he can catch and in that offense he's likely a top 15 RB. Maybe one or two of all the WRs picked at or after 17 will be a top 15 WR. But I'm fine to make that trade: you get my 2.03 and 2.04 for Edwards and Kirk. That makes us both happy. 

It comes then to risk tolerance.

Kirk and Edmonds may have proven capable to have solid careers - but I think that's all they'll have.

I'll take a chance that the guys selected in the early second will be more than "solid" even if it's possibly more likely they'll bust.

It’s too cheap for that big a move up, but I get what you’re trying to do and the need for extra ammo especially in a loaded draft. Personally i would have tried to move back incrementally and work it that way. 

I think there is a lot more bust risk with the guys being picked at 16 and 17 than you do. No problem,we  just see it differently. Shenault may likely fail due to injuries, Mims and Pittman, even Higgins, can be no more than WR3s due to lack of initial burst (like 'can't miss' Treadwell), Aiyuk and even Reagor never really dominated in college or faced bigger faster DBs. And injury or not having the heart to do the work required, or not having the ability to step up to the speed of the game or not liking to be hit as hard as they will be ... so many things can be the case or happen.  I think Kirk, having proved as much, is far more likely to have a solid WR career then any one of these guys, and while Edwards may be as or even more of a risk to succeed, he can catch and in that offense he's likely a top 15 RB. Maybe one or two of all the WRs picked at or after 17 will be a top 15 WR. But I'm fine to make that trade: you get my 2.03 and 2.04 for Edwards and Kirk. That makes us both happy. 
Edmonds not Edwards. Edwards is yet another rookie WR I'd rather have.

But look I don't think you're crazy or anything. There is really no questioning the bust rates of rookie WRs. One point, though, I am not calling any of these guys can't miss. But I am saying I think their chances are much, much better than typical 2nd round fantasy picks, this year. But yes it's cool to say we disagree. No biggie, I would obviously take the trade offer.

This seems like a fair trade to me. In a normal draft year with a consensus stud at 1.1 and less depth, then No. But there is no Barkley or ADP quality back and the depth at WR is exceptional. Even the 3.01 should yield a promising pick with upside.   For a team that is rebuilding, trading down makes sense. For the team trading up, that really only needs one more RB to be a top contender, trading up makes sense.

This seems like a fair trade to me. In a normal draft year with a consensus stud at 1.1 and less depth, then No. But there is no Barkley or ADP quality back and the depth at WR is exceptional. Even the 3.01 should yield a promising pick with upside.   For a team that is rebuilding, trading down makes sense. For the team trading up, that really only needs one more RB to be a top contender, trading up makes sense.
Sounds to me like you're undervaluing the top 6, or even 7 if you factor in Akers.  He traded down to 8, so no, that wasn't a good deal for him considering how much he needed a RB.

It’s too cheap for that big a move up, but I get what you’re trying to do and the need for extra ammo especially in a loaded draft. Personally i would have tried to move back incrementally and work it that way. 
Its the same draft that Juju and 1.7 got traded for 1.3.  I would have definitely taken that had it been offered.  It takes two to tango.  You can't always control what you can get.  No one made an offer for 1.1 except one guy and most of his offers would make the worst offer you ever received list.  Ironically, he received Juju and 1.7 for 1.3.  I considered taking CeeDee at 1.1 just because how I want to rebuild.  I had to seek out a trade partner, so I certainly wasn't expecting to be on the perceived winning side of the trade. 

It comes then to risk tolerance.

Kirk and Edmonds may have proven capable to have solid careers - but I think that's all they'll have.

I'll take a chance that the guys selected in the early second will be more than "solid" even if it's possibly more likely they'll bust.
This.  I don’t get why people keep talking about Kirk like he’s proven so much.  As you said, he’s proven he can play in the league.  Guess I’m looking for more than that, and thus far the jury is out on whether he’ll produce more than mediocre numbers as the likely long term #2 in Arizona.  Give me two early 2nds pretty easily there.

If Edmonds become the feature back, I don't see how any of those WRs catch up. If he doesn't, I like your side better as well. 

Sorry but I agree with the others here. I think you massively undersold. 

I don't think 2.03/3.01 would be enough to move up from 1.03 to 1.01 in most leagues, nevermind all the way from 1.08.

Like someone else said I can understand what you were trying to do here given where your team is at, I just think you barely got half the value back that you could have for that pick. 

Its the same draft that Juju and 1.7 got traded for 1.3.  I would have definitely taken that had it been offered.  It takes two to tango.  You can't always control what you can get.  No one made an offer for 1.1 except one guy and most of his offers would make the worst offer you ever received list.  Ironically, he received Juju and 1.7 for 1.3.  I considered taking CeeDee at 1.1 just because how I want to rebuild.  I had to seek out a trade partner, so I certainly wasn't expecting to be on the perceived winning side of the trade. 
I've had 1.01 up on the block for about three weeks. No bites. Like you, I shared my trade yesterday. Like you, I'm in a rebuild. Like you, people didn't think I got enough. And they're probably right. But when FreeBaGeL says everyone is trying to move down, he or she is right. That also cuts the price.

For your edification, I traded the 1.01 for 1.06, 2.04, and 3.06. One calc had me down by a small bit, one calc had me about tied, the other wanted him to add a crappy player (like the NFL has crappy players, what am I saying? A below league-norm player) to even it out. I took the two picks in a meaningful part of the draft and ran with it.

Oh, it should also be said I am targeting a guy going at the end of the first in mocks as my first. That means it would be wasted capital to take him with the 1.01, another feather for the trade cap.

It's a closed market and lots of people are trying to move down. I think Snorkelson had the best idea, and I would have done that if I'd been savvy enough or had enough owners been involved. One checked into the draft week to confirm late (because we can't start until everyone confirms). Said he'd been dealing with deaths.

So this isn't life or death. If you got too little for a fantasy team, feel ahead of the game. I know it's what we talk about, but don't stress too much.

Going back to JohnnyU's point about COVID and the supplemental draft, now might even be a good time to get rid of your high picks from next year if all the good players wind up going supplemental. Just something to think about in the back of one's mind.
But wouldn't it take ... next year's picks to draft players in the supplemental?  You'd be shutting yourself out of that.

But wouldn't it take ... next year's picks to draft players in the supplemental?  You'd be shutting yourself out of that.
Oh. Full stop on my end. I really have no idea. How would they even know what pick it was? Would you just lose the pick from a specified round? And what if the NFL doesn't cancel but college does. Then how would you lose picks, etc. I must admit I'm confused by the whole thing so if sounds like I'm not making sense, I'm not.

Oh. Full stop on my end. I really have no idea. How would they even know what pick it was? Would you just lose the pick from a specified round? And what if the NFL doesn't cancel but college does. Then how would you lose picks, etc. I must admit I'm confused by the whole thing so if sounds like I'm not making sense, I'm not.
Pretty cool topic for discussion in its own thread I think.  I've never seen a supplemental dynasty draft discussed and in years past those players would just be eligible for waivers in my leagues, but if there were a mass exodus like this I think I would be more tempted to organize something more NFL-style using next year's picks.  I don't want to derail this one any further though.

Nero said:

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1
Big drop from 1.1 to 1.8, but 2 more picks could work out.

i think TyWil is undervalued, too, but that’s me. 3.1 is probably fair value for Ty, so this is 1.08 & 2.3 for 1.1

probably not a deal I’d make but it’s not outrageous. 

Old school non PPR 2RB/3WR no flex league, saw this go down...

Dak & Mixon

for

R.Wilson & C.Edwards-Helaire

Users who are viewing this thread