What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

I didnt see the other posts responding before i made my own

i understand this is the best you could have gotten. sucks but it is what it is, and those arent bad picks to have (2.3, 3.1). William's was a cut so no big deal i guess. I'd expect more for 1.01 but the market was what it was
I also gave him Brisset too, but I knew he would cut Brissett and might have some use for Williams as a bye week fill in. I have Metcalf, Deebo, JJAW, D. Parker, P. Williams, Funchess, Westbrook and Bisi Johnson. I expect to add WR’s at 1.8 and 2.3, so Williams was expendable for me.

Nero said:
Its the same draft that Juju and 1.7 got traded for 1.3.  I would have definitely taken that had it been offered.  It takes two to tango.  You can't always control what you can get.  No one made an offer for 1.1 except one guy and most of his offers would make the worst offer you ever received list.  Ironically, he received Juju and 1.7 for 1.3.  I considered taking CeeDee at 1.1 just because how I want to rebuild.  I had to seek out a trade partner, so I certainly wasn't expecting to be on the perceived winning side of the trade. 
I get it that value is only worth what someone will pay. And I understand having the extra picks in this draft for rebuilding. I don’t have a problem with any of that. I simply think that is really cheap to move from 1.08 to 1.01. If I can’t make a trade here I probably take the blue chip guy and build around that, but again, you have no other draft picks to work with so I get that too. I don’t know what the calculators say but for me, that’s too cheap in any draft. Heck look through last couple pages, there are some trades moving up 1 spot that got better deals. The 1.01 in a good draft year is a valuable piece to build with, you had a day to continue shopping, I think you could have done better, but it’s just my opinion. 

That seems well low for him at this point.  I think he was drafted in the top 2 or 3 in last year's rookie draft.  We had him go for a 2021 1st and 2nd recently in our league.
Where he was drafted last year is irrelevant.  I would rather have the 2nd rd pick.  He was over drafted by both the Bears and fantasy owners last year.

Gave:

Gallup

2021 1st (late) - still have two more

Got:

AJG

1.07 (drafted Jeudy)

Took over this orphan team this off-season without a 1st.
I like this move.  Especially getting a team for the 1st year without a 1st.  You want to be a part of the draft and rebuild.  Gallup's value took a big hit with the Lamb pick and a 2021 late 1st is a small price to pay.

Not proud of this one but this just went down and as long as we're doing it:

Gave 1.01

Got 1.06, 2.04, 3.06.

That gives me 1.06, 2.01, 2.04, 2.07, 3.01, 3.06, 4.01, 5.01, 6.01

Each team needs the picks and this is a deep draft. Calc says I lose by a bit. I'm okay with that. 
I don't think you got enough for 1 at all but as long as you hit on 6 and 2.4 if could work out in the long run.  Think you could have got a lot more had you shopped one or waited until you are on the clock.

Thanks. Still like to win, though. One thing I also didn't want to go too deeply into is that I made the offer knowing that the person that I was making the offer to needed his picks, too. He's rebuilding from taking over. So I also want to keep him as confidant and trading partner. Accepting a renegotiation seemed like the best way to build things long term.

And that's the honest truth about why I would accept that. Sometimes you bite the bullet just a bit for future endeavors. I didn't really, even to the calcs, lose by that much. But again, justification. Just figured I'd post while everybody else was because this literally happened twenty minutes ago.
I totally get this reasoning though.  I've done it before.  Sometimes you have to take a bit of a loss in a trade.

12 Team FFPC style (disbands after 2020 jackpot season - this one is big and crazy)

Team A gives Brandin Cooks, Hunter Henry, Gesicki, 1.12, 2.07, 2.12
Team B gives Nuk, Kyler Murray, Sternberger, 1.07

I don't get it.

I totally get this reasoning though.  I've done it before.  Sometimes you have to take a bit of a loss in a trade.
Thanks. And while I'm defending myself a bit, I posted this knowing full well that

1. I didn't get top dollar
  2. maybe if I shopped longer and harder I could have gotten better for the deal
But it was tough sledding there. So I hope, to the reader, this comes more by way of explanation rather than of petulance or anything like that. 

12 Team FFPC style (disbands after 2020 jackpot season - this one is big and crazy)

Team A gives Brandin Cooks, Hunter Henry, Gesicki, 1.12, 2.07, 2.12
Team B gives Nuk, Kyler Murray, Sternberger, 1.07

I don't get it.
You are likely not alone.  I guess it’s a moderate TE upgrade for Team B?  That’s about the only nice thing you can say.  🤷🏼‍♂️

We just had two trades that I wasn't involved in.  12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE:

Chris Carson & Devin Singletary

for

1.6, 2.6, and 2021 2nd

Tyreek Hill, 1.8, 5.2

for

OBJ, 1.4, 4.3

Thoughts?

Where he was drafted last year is irrelevant.  I would rather have the 2nd rd pick.  He was over drafted by both the Bears and fantasy owners last year.
I get that train of thought but I think he was misused last year.  He should have a much better year this year.  He showed some good flashes.  If you are happy with it, that is all that matters just think you should have been able to get more.

With 1.08 OTC, I sent 1.10 and 3.10 for the 1.08. With the 1.08, I took Justin Jefferson. 

It is just that this is where I see a tier break, even though I think it will be interesting that Jefferson did most of his damage this year out of the slot and that is where Thielen does most of his work. 

With 1.08 OTC, I sent 1.10 and 3.10 for the 1.08. With the 1.08, I took Justin Jefferson. 

It is just that this is where I see a tier break, even though I think it will be interesting that Jefferson did most of his damage this year out of the slot and that is where Thielen does most of his work. 
Great deal, I feel the same about that tier drop, and I have Jefferson right there, too.

14 team league after draft. Super Flex, TE premium PPR, IDP

team A gives Michael Pittman Brandon Aiyuk. 2021 2nd(2.1 or 2.2)

Team B gives JK Dobbins, 2021 1st(could be anywhere between 4 to 12). 

12 team ppr Superflex

sent 3.07, 3.11

got 3.02, 4.10

Some surprising names on the board still, dont expect the top half to get to me, but who knows about the others.

curently pick 2.08

names on the board still are;

Mims, Aiyuk, Shenault, Dillon, Gibson, Edwards, Claypool, Hamler, AGG, Hurts (superflex *shrug)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made this trade.

2.06 was OTC.

I sent 2.06 and Hunter Henry for the other owner's 3.06 and 2021 1st.  He had the worst record this past season.  He didn't have the 1.01 and with his only other pick so far this draft, he took Joe Burrow.  

Just need to hope there is no MAJOR supplemental draft this year to sap the strength out of the 2021 draft.

I feel good about this one.

EDIT - With the 2.06 pick, he took Justin Herbert.

I feel better about this one.

14 team league after draft. Super Flex, TE premium PPR, IDP

team A gives Michael Pittman Brandon Aiyuk. 2021 2nd(2.1 or 2.2)

Team B gives JK Dobbins, 2021 1st(could be anywhere between 4 to 12). 
Dobbins/1st pretty easily for me.  I would take Dobbins over PIttman+Aiyuk pretty easily and obviously 2021 1st over 2021 2nd.

FPC

Give  

Carson, Chris

Get

2021 1st (likely mid-late)
Kelley, Joshua
2020 Pick 4.10 (Hamler)

Were it not for the fractured hip I would not have done it, but fractured ankle and now fractured hip really has me worried this yr and especially beyond. I also have Eckler and he has DeeJay so I think it makes sense for both tms. Probably not going to be popular trade but I think it makes sense for both tms.

12 team Superflex w/IDP

Team A gives: Tua

Team B gives: Swift, 3.08 pick

Trade made at end of 1st round of the rookie draft. Tua had gone 1.05, Swift went 1.06.

Prior to trade:

Team B had Carr, Mariota and Trubisky at QB.

Team A had Fournette and Akers at RB.

12 team Superflex w/IDP

Team A gives: Tua

Team B gives: Swift, 3.08 pick

Trade made at end of 1st round of the rookie draft. Tua had gone 1.05, Swift went 1.06.

Prior to trade:

Team B had Carr, Mariota and Trubisky at QB.

Team A had Fournette and Akers at RB.
Really like the Tua side of this deal and their current QB situation makes me love it...that is not a big price to pay for a potential top 10 QB in a super-flex league...the fact that it is a 12 team league only makes it look better since it is that much more difficult to acquire QBs...without this deal this team was only gonna be able to roll out one QB which means they would probably be playing from behind before the games even started and they were looking at no QBs for at least one week due to the bye...the more I look at the other-side of the deal the less I like it (although I don't play IDP so I really don't know the exact value of that 3.08 pick)...you should be able to get more out of dealing Tua then a 3.08...getting Swift is nice but you didn't get enough back for a high-end QB prospect in a superflex...you can't look at this deal as moving down a slot since a QB was involved, this is not moving down a slot to go from RB to RB

Really like the Tua side of this deal and their current QB situation makes me love it...that is not a big price to pay for a potential top 10 QB in a super-flex league...the fact that it is a 12 team league only makes it look better since it is that much more difficult to acquire QBs...without this deal this team was only gonna be able to roll out one QB which means they would probably be playing from behind before the games even started and they were looking at no QBs for at least one week due to the bye...the more I look at the other-side of the deal the less I like it (although I don't play IDP so I really don't know the exact value of that 3.08 pick)...you should be able to get more out of dealing Tua then a 3.08...getting Swift is nice but you didn't get enough back for a high-end QB prospect in a superflex...you can't look at this deal as moving down a slot since a QB was involved, this is not moving down a slot to go from RB to RB
I was surprised Team A made the offer actually. I took over an orphaned team in this league last season and QB was my weakest position. I could not acquire a QB without getting robbed. Team A only has Allen, Burrow, Luck and Driskel at QB, so I was shocked he gave up Tua for so little. He already has 13 picks in a 6 round rookie draft, so 3.08 wasn't a big get for him imo.He did start the draft with Fournette as the only RB on his roster, so he had plenty of holes to fill on a 53 man roster. 

Took Swift who fell to me 1.5 yesterday, was expecting to land Lamb, as my team is dead at: QB, WR and TE for the most part. Had 2.5/2.7 picks hoping to get Burrow. 

Long story short guy REALLY WANTED Swift and ended up trading me:

Amari/Russel Wilson/Chris Carson/2021 1st round pick 

for

Swift/2.5

Stupid deal, didn't even really counter the guy he just kept bidding against himself and finally was like "I can't say no"

Took Swift who fell to me 1.5 yesterday, was expecting to land Lamb, as my team is dead at: QB, WR and TE for the most part. Had 2.5/2.7 picks hoping to get Burrow. 

for

Swift/2.5

Stupid deal, didn't even really counter the guy he just kept bidding against himself and finally was like "I can't say no"
What is that old saying, "never interrupt your enemy when he or she is making a mistake"

Terpman22 said:

for

Swift/2.5

Wow.  That is a ton for Swift.  Good move.  I'd have jumped on that.  The Lions don't know how to have a 1000 yard rusher.

Terpman22 said:

for

Swift/2.5

I like Swift a lot  but this truly is a "stupid deal" for the other guy.

Appreciate the feedback guys, kinda been absent for...a while. Anyway, the lesson of value holds true here. Had I just reached for the WR to fill the need (Jeudy would be a pretty big reach here) I'd have just 1 hole filled on a bereft roster. Worked out. 

doowain said:
Gave: 1.08

Got: 2.05/2021 1st (team had 1.02 this year)
I had pick 8 in 3 different leagues and tried hard to get this exact kind of deal. Lost track of how many rejections I encountered.  I asked for less then this and people got insulted on me. I ended up just offering the 1.8 straight up for a 2021#1,  but limited myself to non-powerhouse teams,  and still could not get a taker.

So good deal and if I were you I'd feel fortunate to get this done.

That seems well low for him at this point.  I think he was drafted in the top 2 or 3 in last year's rookie draft.  We had him go for a 2021 1st and 2nd recently in our league.
I was offered Montgomery for 1.13 in 14 team ..standard scoring.  I passed and would wait til draft day to make that deal.  I still may take it has I also have 1.1 and 1.7

I had pick 8 in 3 different leagues and tried hard to get this exact kind of deal. Lost track of how many rejections I encountered.  I asked for less then this and people got insulted on me. I ended up just offering the 1.8 straight up for a 2021#1,  but limited myself to non-powerhouse teams,  and still could not get a taker.

So good deal and if I were you I'd feel fortunate to get this done.
Have you won a lot of trades in that league? The leagues perception of you can change what value you can get. I normally wait until it's my turn to pick and announce that the pick is available. See if anyone contacts me. 

12 Team PPR SuperFlex/Devy League:

Team A: Miles Sanders
Team B: Tyreek Hill
I am very high on Sanders but would need another solid piece to go with him to deal Hill...you know what you have with Hill and while Sanders looks the part he still needs to prove he can be a legit #1...if he is only a solid #2 this trade can really backfire. 

Have you won a lot of trades in that league? The leagues perception of you can change what value you can get. I normally wait until it's my turn to pick and announce that the pick is available. See if anyone contacts me. 
I had 1.8 in 3 different leagues and was able to trade it once and it was the league I've won almost every trade in last 6 years. I really can't think of one I lost, been wildly lucky,  but that does not necessarily shoot a hole in your theory. The other two leagues my main focus was shopping the 8 for a 2021#1 but the league I actually sold the 1.8  I ended up doing 3/8 for 1.1 when I had 3,4,6 and 8 to work with.  But at one point I had got rejected on my offer of 3/8 for 1 in that league and when I went to try and move 8 for a 2019 first I ruffled some feathers. Made one offer of 1.8 for 2.9 and a 2021#1 and the guy lit into me, saying no wonder I got 4 #1's offering these BS trades but I'd need to find another dummy. Thought it was a reasonable request myself but that's a team that almost never wins a trade and I win like all of them in that league so I think what you say in the bolded was in play in that trade discussion.

The other two leagues I mulled best approach and split the difference. I knew we had a Big 7 that had formed so the gamble was wait and hope slim chance one of Big 7 falls to 8,  but I also knew the most likely outcome was the Big 7 went and that would hurt the marketability of the pick. So in one league I posted the morning of the draft the pick was available, the other I said nothing, in both leagues I shopped the hell out of the pick when OTC but found no takers.

My theory on difficulty of moving a pick like 1.8 goes like this.

I think what is at play, especially in FFPC leagues, is when a team has a chance to draft an upper echelon RB they do. I was in 6 FFPC drafts this weekend and all 6 went RB first 5 picks and then all 6 had some combo of Juedy/Lamb at 6/7.

I just think with poor track record of so many first round WR's last few years it's just really hard to get someone to give up a future first to draft a WR. And if they do it usually needs to be a highly coveted WR like a Juedy or Lamb.

I would add that in none of those 6 leagues did any team deal their first round pick for a 2021#1. Not sure how hard other people tried, but no one pulled it off in my leagues.

I had 1.8 in 3 different leagues and was able to trade it once and it was the league I've won almost every trade in last 6 years. I really can't think of one I lost, been wildly lucky,  but that does not necessarily shoot a hole in your theory. The other two leagues my main focus was shopping the 8 for a 2021#1 but the league I actually sold the 1.8  I ended up doing 3/8 for 1.1 when I had 3,4,6 and 8 to work with.  But at one point I had got rejected on my offer of 3/8 for 1 in that league and when I went to try and move 8 for a 2019 first I ruffled some feathers. Made one offer of 1.8 for 2.9 and a 2021#1 and the guy lit into me, saying no wonder I got 4 #1's offering these BS trades but I'd need to find another dummy. Thought it was a reasonable request myself but that's a team that almost never wins a trade and I win like all of them in that league so I think what you say in the bolded was in play in that trade discussion.

The other two leagues I mulled best approach and split the difference. I knew we had a Big 7 that had formed so the gamble was wait and hope slim chance one of Big 7 falls to 8,  but I also knew the most likely outcome was the Big 7 went and that would hurt the marketability of the pick. So in one league I posted the morning of the draft the pick was available, the other I said nothing, in both leagues I shopped the hell out of the pick when OTC but found no takers.

My theory on difficulty of moving a pick like 1.8 goes like this.

I think what is at play, especially in FFPC leagues, is when a team has a chance to draft an upper echelon RB they do. I was in 6 FFPC drafts this weekend and all 6 went RB first 5 picks and then all 6 had some combo of Juedy/Lamb at 6/7.

I just think with poor track record of so many first round WR's last few years it's just really hard to get someone to give up a future first to draft a WR. And if they do it usually needs to be a highly coveted WR like a Juedy or Lamb.

I would add that in none of those 6 leagues did any team deal their first round pick for a 2021#1. Not sure how hard other people tried, but no one pulled it off in my leagues.
Well damn now I feel like a dolt for dealing my 2021 1st for 2.01 in FFPC when Justin Jefferson was still on the board.

What you're saying makes a lot of sense though.  Not just the WR busts in recent years but also the overwhelming overpresence of solid WR2's available right now in a league setup where you only have to start 2 WRs.  A WR you draft really needs to have a good chance of turning into a difference maker.  A young solid WR2 just doesn't hold much value in the format.

Well damn now I feel like a dolt for dealing my 2021 1st for 2.01 in FFPC when Justin Jefferson was still on the board.

What you're saying makes a lot of sense though.  Not just the WR busts in recent years but also the overwhelming overpresence of solid WR2's available right now in a league setup where you only have to start 2 WRs.  A WR you draft really needs to have a good chance of turning into a difference maker.  A young solid WR2 just doesn't hold much value in the format.
You got a difference maker in Jefferson.  Love that move.

I thought Jeudy was in line for the 1.08 or so?
Jeudy's draft rank is seven and then there's a steep drop off. He's part of the big seven people keep talking about. His ADP according to data pulled from MFL and into Dynasty League Football's graph has his ADP at 5.93, Jefferson's is over 9.5 and he's next. It's pretty clear where the division lies. 

Users who are viewing this thread