Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Got an interesting offer I am mulling over, curious to everyone's thoughts

Q/RR/WWW/T/K/D/F - 1 PPR

Offered - Mike Evans and 2021 1st (probably back half)

Give AJ Brown

Seems like I would be getting a quality WR 1B at age 26 plus a 1st for AJ who I love but does he have that much more upside than Evans.  AJ went off the last 5 weeks last year, but do we really trust Tenn to keep passing a lot and Tanny to continue to look like the next R Gannon. Obviously Brady will not be long term in TB, for that matter Evans may be moved in the next season or two.  I used my 2021 2nd in an earlier trade so it is tempting to get back a pick I can use next year.  Curious everyone's thoughts or if this seems pretty balanced.

• Replies 33k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menobrown

• One More Rep

• barackdhouse

• FreeBaGeL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they won't accept

I don't know why so many people are saying that this is a fair return (despite preferring CMC as they should). It isn't. This is a fraction of what it should cost for a guy like CMC, either that or th

You mean it went down in a league you used to be in??  I’d go ful Vontae Davis on that league asap 

23 hours ago, Pwingles said:

12 team te prem ppr

Sent 1.12, Hollywood

Got 1.08

Also have the 1.07 thru a trade, and several early 2nds

I like knowing that I will be guaranteed 2 of the top 8. After 9, there is a decent tier break and I feel like I can get 2 future starters in this spot.

I honestly don't get it as I don't see a ton of difference between the 1.12 and 1.08 in this class and Brown showed some flashes that he could be a very dangerous weapon as a rookie despite missing some time to injury.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Ksquared said:

Q/RR/WWW/T/K/D/F - 1 PPR

Give AJ Brown

Seems like I would be getting a quality WR 1B at age 26 plus a 1st for AJ who I love but does he have that much more upside than Evans.  AJ went off the last 5 weeks last year, but do we really trust Tenn to keep passing a lot and Tanny to continue to look like the next R Gannon. Obviously Brady will not be long term in TB, for that matter Evans may be moved in the next season or two.  I used my 2021 2nd in an earlier trade so it is tempting to get back a pick I can use next year.  Curious everyone's thoughts or if this seems pretty balanced.

Asst. Coach Forum....But yes, give me Evans & the First. It's a free first.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I honestly don't get it as I don't see a ton of difference between the 1.12 and 1.08 in this class and Brown showed some flashes that he could be a very dangerous weapon as a rookie despite missing some time to injury.

Thats fair. I suppose I am just not as high on brown as others. He was my wr 5/6 and a boom bust type of guy with injury concerns, so in my eyes he wasnt as coveted.

I don't mind if I am wrong in the short term. Brown will prolly produce better than a lot of rookies this year, but I am looking to acquire alphas or at least end up in a higher volume role.

I dont see the 8-12 being the same at all. Personally I see a pretty big tier break after Jefferson, who i have at 9 overall. Ruggs, Higgins, Pittman, Aiyuk, Vaughn are all guys I like to a degree, but not looking to spend a first on. So instead of waiting and reaching for a guy I dont love, i overpaid for someone who I like more.

11 hours ago, Zyphros said:

It's a cheap shot on Hines who could be a big winner for Rivers being the new QB.  I don't believe it goes that way since he just gets pushed down the depth chart with the Taylor addition, even if he is a specialty player.  Mack might be the passing down option and Hines has a 10% snap share, very possible.  It's cheap enough that I'll take the chance, but Hines is likely a bye week cut at best in FFPC.  

I've seen Mack suggested as a potential passing option multiple times on the board and am curious what the insight is? His receptions, targets, and YPC have declined every year, so one could easily assume Taylor, at worst, is a +reception RB relative to Mack. Doesn't mean it's going to be true, but the bar is very, very low for Taylor to exceed that receiving production unless Hines loses some 3rd down usage. You have to assume the pie is going to grow somewhat considering how much Rivers targets his RBs.

11 hours ago, Zyphros said:

It's a cheap shot on Hines who could be a big winner for Rivers being the new QB.  I don't believe it goes that way since he just gets pushed down the depth chart with the Taylor addition, even if he is a specialty player.  Mack might be the passing down option and Hines has a 10% snap share, very possible.  It's cheap enough that I'll take the chance, but Hines is likely a bye week cut at best in FFPC.  

Thanks for replies to a minor deal.

On the bolded Frank Reich has been pretty clear that's not the case and I believe him, so I won't use the word impossible but to me extremely unlikely.  It's why I'm pretty flat on Taylor in redraft,. and way down on Mack. I see no threat to Hines passing down role, but I do see Mack and Taylor splitting work on the other downs as Reich keeps saying.

But still not sure HInes is anymore then an 8-10 PPG  kind of guy which  is not much and not usually worth keeping for long. Obvious appeal to me is seeing Chargers RB's lead NFL in fantasy scoring among RB's last year and mainly because their RB's blew everyone away on receptions and seeing if some of that will translate over to Indy. RB depth is my teams issue and in my rookie draft all I keep seeing was value at WR and TE early. I do have CMC, Dalvin but Hunt as my 3rd and Pollard as my 4th and Pollard may not be usable and Hunt may not be the most confident start option either. That's all I had heading into the draft and then mainly picked WR's and TE's early. So figured I'd take a super cheap stab on Hines and let it sort out between the 4 other RB's I drafted late, Perine(before they added Gore), Jamaal Williams, Calais and James Robinson which is not the most difficult group to beat out. I might even cut all of them and just try and go with 4 RB's if everyone is upright when the season starts.

12 team FFPC style (the one that disbands after a 2020 jackpot season, crossing our fingers it happens)

I gave Singletary, Slayton, Lock

I got Ekeler, Brady

I was a little surprised he accepted. I offered and it hung out there for awhile. This guy is notoriously stingy and did come back with counters that were out of my range, but he didn't reject this one and then after my last reject he accepted. Now my backfield is Henry, Ekeler, CEH, Dobbins, Henderson, and Boston Scott. Oh I will also stash Calais on my taxi. RB2 was this team's biggest weakness and I am elite at QB, WR and TE. I feel this makes me elite at RB as well. Godwin, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Pittman, Jefferson, Crowder, JJAW. Higbee and Waller at TE and even Butker at kicker. I have Lamar as my QB but I threw Brady and Lock in this deal when I saw that Lock had the same bye week as Lamar. Yes I expect Pittman and Jefferson to step in as 1a/1b roles in their respective offenses in year 1, but hopefully I won't need to start them. I am pretty big on Slayton this year and beyond and have him everywhere, so didn't mind giving him up here, especially to secure Ekeler, but I'd rather have him as my WR4 than Pittman/Crowder/Jefferson, but Ekeler is an every week starter. Plus I might start 4 RBs or 2 TEs in a given week, so not super likely I would get past my big 3 WRs in a given lineup.

**Goes to get more caffeine**

3 hours ago, Ksquared said:

Q/RR/WWW/T/K/D/F - 1 PPR

Give AJ Brown

I'm not high on Brown and don't trust Tannehill or the Titans offense.  I'd jump on Evans here.  Especially with the future 1st included.  This is easy for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Team A got 2021 2nd (lead pipe lock early)

Team B got Darius Slayton

That is real interesting...I have said it before but Slayton is a guy I really have a tough time putting a value on...he had a real nice rookie year, has a young QB that looks to be legit and the Giants did not add anything else to the their WR corps...with all that said I still don't have a great feel for him (and I don't mean that negatively)...as far as the deal it would probably come down to how my team/WR unit looked...if I had a good team but was thin at WR I might roll the dice on him and hope he can take the next step and contribute while I have a year to get that pick back...if my team was in real good shape at WR (or my team was rebuilding) I would take the pick because that pick will not lose value (whereas Slayton would and possibly in a big way if he does not build on last year) and might be a solid asset to package with something else to land a real nice piece.

12 Team PPR, not involved.

2020 1.05

for

McLaurin, Terry WAS WR

Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick 

Year 2021 Round 2 Draft Pick

Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick

Year 2021 Round 4 Draft Pick

The 2021 picks are pretty much guaranteed to be very late (Team has Mahomes, Zeke, Cook, and Michael Thomas as its core).

3 minutes ago, kutta said:

2020 1.05

for

McLaurin, Terry WAS WR

The 2021 picks are pretty much guaranteed to be very late (Team has Mahomes, Zeke, Cook, and Michael Thomas as its core).

I swear idiots only appear in everyone else's league.  Even if McLaurin doesn't do so great in his sophomore season, he'll still maintain early 2nd round value at worst because people will chalk it up to new offense or Haskins or something and say "remember how good he was as a rookie".  McLaurin and the picks easily.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Dez said:

16 team IDP PPR 1.5 TE..........ugly one here folks hide the kids before taking a peak at this one.

1.04 + 4.06 (Pick 54 overall)

for

Same guy doubled down and moved from 1.04 now to 1.07

for

1.07 + 3.07

So in the end he moved from 1.02 to 1.07 picking up a 3.07 and 4.06.

1 hour ago, kutta said:

2020 1.05

for

McLaurin, Terry WAS WR

Value is on the McLaurin/picks side but and it's an overpay but it's understandable to me.  I'd deal McLaurin and a projected late 2021#1 for 1.5 myself, but I would not also give up the 2 and 3, maybe the 4 depending on some factors.

The reason this is understandable to me is when you got a good team that constantly drafts in late round one it's a challenge getting a RB you really believe in, that does not feel like a flier, at least that's the case for me.  I'm not saying this after the fact, I felt strongly about Kamara and Hunt when they came out and had them inside my first round grade. I've not had a RB available for me to pick in back half of round one since I thought worthy of a first round pick. That's not to say some proved to be worth it but the poor performance of most early drafted rookie WR's has just led to first few picks has just led to a mad scramble to scoop up the major RB prospects. I was in 7 drafts so far this year and in a supposedly historic WR year all of those drafts went straight RB the first 5 spots. So again you might pop a successful RB with a late one or later, but they feel like fliers to me and proven young RB's are expensive. So I can see why a contending team would fork over this haul because otherwise they just may not get a chance to acquire a premium young RB they feel good about.  If they did this and drafted Lamb or Juedy I got nothing for them.

• Like 1

FFPC

2021 1st (Team finished last in 2019)

for

Justin Jefferson & 2021 2nd (Team picked at the 9 hole in 2020) and is stacked at WR and needs to cut 7 players

Edited by Penguin
15 minutes ago, Penguin said:

FFPC

2021 1st (Team finished last in 2020)

for

Justin Jefferson & 2021 2nd (Team picked at the 9 hole in 2020) and is stacked at WR and needs to cut 7 players

“last in 2020”.... are you a psychic or something?

18 hours ago, kutta said:

2020 1.05

for

McLaurin, Terry WAS WR

This is terrible and I'm not even huge on Scary Terry.

Well that was a fun draft. Went into it with 14 picks and made quite a few deals. Rebuilding, 12 Team 1PPR SuperFlex League:

Pre Draft:

Was offered: Evan Engram
For my: Irv Smith Jr, 2.07, 4.04

Gave: Teddy Bridgewater
For: Brandin Cooks, 2.02, David Njoku

Gave: Preston Williams
For: 2.12, 2021 2nd

Gave: Devante Parker
For: David Johnson

Gave: Devin Funchess, Josh Reynolds
For: 2021 3rd, 2021 4th

During Draft:

Was offered: 2021 1st
For my: David Johnson

Gave: 1.10 (Hernet), 2.09 (AJ Dillon), 3.04 (Darrynton Evans), Gerald Everett
For: 1.09 (Jerry Jeudy)

Was offered: 1.02 (Joe Burrow), 2.03 (Michael Pittman), 4.03
For my: AJ Brown, Hunter Henry, 4.07

Was offered: Calvin Ridley
For my: 2.12

Gave: 4.03 (Fromm), 4.05 (Coulter)
For: 3.11 (Lynn Bowden), $1 post-draft BB dollar (we have a 1 time post-draft $100 bid budget for remaining players, it resets to $100 for the season, so that $1 will give me the pick of the litter incase anybody rises in value between now and waivers as I can bid 100% and win the bid)

Gave: 4.02 (owner took DeeJay Dallas)
For my: 2021 3rd

Was offered: 2021 4th
For my: 4.11

All in all, walked away with: 1.02 Burrow, 1.04 Dobbins, 1.07 Swift, 1.09 Jeudy, 2.02 Higgins, 2.03 Pittman, 2.04 Aiyuk, 2.10 Jordan Love, 2.12 Calvin Ridley, 3.07 Van Jefferson, 3.09 Devin Duvernay, 3.11 Lynn Bowden

Now have a bunch of fun coupons for the 2021 draft as well - 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4

Edited by SieteCinco
4 minutes ago, SieteCinco said:

Well that was a fun draft. Went into it with 14 picks and made quite a few deals. Rebuilding, 12 Team 1PPR SuperFlex League:

Pre Draft:

Was offered: Evan Engram
For my: Irv Smith Jr, 2.07, 4.04

I would have passed. Offered a couple 3rds instead of that 2.07

Gave: Teddy Bridgewater
For: Brandin Cooks, 2.02, David Njoku

I like this trade for you if you're fine at QB.

Gave: Preston Williams
For: 2.12, 2021 2nd

Preston Williams is worth more than all but 1 or 2 WR in the 2nd round of this draft.

Gave: Devante Parker
For: David Johnson

Love this trade for you. WR2's are a dime a dozen. 3 down backs are super valuable.

Gave: Devin Funchess, Josh Reynolds
For: 2021 3rd, 2021 4th

men fine

During Draft:

Was offered: 2021 1st
For my: David Johnson

Nope. I'd want a RB in return or just hold DJ

Gave: 1.10 (Hernet), 2.09 (AJ Dillon), 3.04 (Darrynton Evans), Gerald Everett
For: 1.09 (Jerry Jeudy)

Not high on Jeudy so I don't like it. Wouldn't trade into that area of the draft this year. Jmo

Was offered: 1.02 (Joe Burrow), 2.03 (Michael Pittman), 4.03
For my: AJ Brown, Hunter Henry, 4.07

In a superflex I love this trade for you.

Was offered: Calvin Ridley
For my: 2.12

No thanks

Gave: 4.03 (Fromm), 4.05 (Coulter)
For: 3.11 (Lynn Bowden), $1 post-draft BB dollar (we have a 1 time post-draft $100 bid budget for remaining players, it resets to $100 for the season, so that $1 will give me the pick of the litter incase anybody rises in value between now and waivers as I can bid 100% and win the bid)

nice positioning 

Gave: 4.02 (owner took DeeJay Dallas)
For my: 2021 3rd

Nice.

Was offered: 2021 4th
For my: 4.11

Sure.

All in all, walked away with: 1.02 Burrow, 1.04 Dobbins, 1.07 Swift, 1.09 Jeudy, 2.02 Higgins, 2.03 Pittman, 2.04 Aiyuk, 2.10 Jordan Love, 2.12 Calvin Ridley, 3.07 Van Jefferson, 3.09 Devin Duvernay, 3.11 Lynn Bowden

Now have a bunch of fun coupons for the 2021 draft as well - 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4

Thoughts in bold. Overall I like what you did. Nice job!

44 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Thoughts in bold. Overall I like what you did. Nice job!

Thanks! I didn't love the value on the Engram/Jeudy trades, but I had FAR more picks than roster spots so I didn't mind giving a little to get assets I wanted to build around long-term. Same with the Bridgewater deal...probably could have gotten a bit more, but I'd rather build around one of the tier 2 WRs and find a better long-term solution at QB, as Bridgewater was a throw-in on a deal from last year with the intent of flipping him if he signed a starting gig this off-season. Overall, Im just trying to accumulate as much roster value as possible to fit a 2021-2023+ window:

12 Team | 1PPR 1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FL-1SuperFlex | Rebuilding:
QB: Aaron Rodgers | Matt Ryan | Joe Burrow | Jordan Love 
RB: Nick Chubb | Todd Gurley | JK Dobbins | D'Andre Swift | Lynn Bowden 
WR1: AJG | Tee Higgins | Michael Pittman | Mike Williams | N'Keal Harry
WR2: Stefon Diggs | Jerry Jeudy | Calvin Ridley | Brandon Aiyuk | Marquise Brown | Brandin Cooks | Devin Duvernay | Van Jefferson
TE: Evan Engram | David Njoku
2021: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4

Macro Plan/Targets:
2020 Class: RB, WR
2021 Class: QB, TE, WR

Add one of Lawrence/Fields/Lance at QB, one of Chase/Moore/Ross at WR, and one of the TEs from the 2021 class and I think I'll be happy with the end result.

5 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Surprised you would rather have the 24 pick over Ridley. Also would be happy to get a future first for DJ...other than that agree with the assessment.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant I was offered Calvin Ridley for my 2.12, so I took Ridley there.

There were some wild deals in the mid-late 2nd when those pick were OTC! I also saw:

Team A Gave: Davante Adams
For: Kareem Hunt, Michael Gallup, 2.07

Team B Gave: Keenan Allen
For: Sterling Sheppart, 2.11

Team C Gave: Darius Slatyon, 3.02
For: 2.08

Team D Gave: Calvin Ridley
For: 2.12

My biggest takeaway from this draft: 1) This class runs deep into the late 3rd with players owners are willing to pay up for 2) If you're going to move a pick, wait until it's on the clock (per usual, but this year more than others), 3) this class is deep, so it felt like we were making 1st round decisions in the mid 2nd, and 2nd round decisions in the mid-late 3rd. Picks seem to be carrying more value than usual, and teams were SCRAMBLING to get whoever their guys were in the pick 18-30 range of the draft.

Some deals I wouldn't have made, but all owners are smart/experienced, so I'll respect the balls it took to go get their targets. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Surprised you would rather have the 24 pick over Ridley. Also would be happy to get a future first for DJ...other than that agree with the assessment.

Yeah my thought is there is someone there I can get I have ranked higher than Ridley. 

Oops on second thought you are right Bro. I got Ridley as my WR14 and the guy I'm thinking of is WR21. My bad. 

I've always been high on DJ and I think he's getting fed this year. He was RB5 through 6 weeks and he got hurt again. I can def see a case where a rebuilding team would want to dump him. I have a contending team and the thought of him being in my Flex is nice. I need him. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, SieteCinco said:

Thanks! I didn't love the value on the Engram/Jeudy trades, but I had FAR more picks than roster spots so I didn't mind giving a little to get assets I wanted to build around long-term. Same with the Bridgewater deal...probably could have gotten a bit more, but I'd rather build around one of the tier 2 WRs and find a better long-term solution at QB, as Bridgewater was a throw-in on a deal from last year with the intent of flipping him if he signed a starting gig this off-season. Overall, Im just trying to accumulate as much roster value as possible to fit a 2021-2023+ window:

12 Team | 1PPR 1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FL-1SuperFlex | Rebuilding:
QB: Aaron Rodgers | Matt Ryan | Joe Burrow | Jordan Love 
RB: Nick Chubb | Todd Gurley | JK Dobbins | D'Andre Swift | Lynn Bowden 
WR1: AJG | Tee Higgins | Michael Pittman | Mike Williams | N'Keal Harry
WR2: Stefon Diggs | Jerry Jeudy | Calvin Ridley | Brandon Aiyuk | Marquise Brown | Brandin Cooks | Devin Duvernay | Van Jefferson
TE: Evan Engram | David Njoku
2021: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4

Macro Plan/Targets:
2020 Class: RB, WR
2021 Class: QB, TE, WR

Add one of Lawrence/Fields/Lance at QB, one of Chase/Moore/Ross at WR, and one of the TEs from the 2021 class and I think I'll be happy with the end result.

Think you need help at WR. Chase? Moore would help even though I'm not a big fan. I'd look to buy low on a couple of the last years rookie receivers (Diontae Johnson maybe) I also would try to acquire Jarwin. Engram is awesome when he's standing which is like 8 games a year. 

Good luck bro. Looks like you're having fun!

4 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah my thought is there is someone there I can get I have ranked higher than Ridley. 

Oops on second thought you are right Bro. I got Ridley as my WR14 and the guy I'm thinking of is WR21. My bad. 

I've always been high on DJ and I think he's getting fed this year. He was RB5 through 6 weeks and he got hurt again. I can def see a case where a rebuilding team would want to dump him. I have a contending team and the thought of him being in my Flex is nice. I need him. 

Even with my rebuilding team, I don't think I would have moved DJ unless I HAD to clear 6+ roster spaces before the 3rd-4th round. He's one of my biggest redraft targets this year, as the offense seems set up to go through he and Watson. Such a good value in dynasty leagues, in my opinion.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Packers are doing everything possible to supplant Jones.

1.02 for me.

I disagree with this.  I do think he will be used a little differently this year but will be the main part of their offense. He's going to have another big year if he stays healthy. It was a good win now move.

Just now, Mark Football said:

I disagree with this.  I do think he will be used a little differently this year but will be the main part of their offense. He's going to have another big year if he stays healthy. It was a good win now move.

He's going to split time with Dillon and will likely suffer severe TD regression. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mark Football said:

You could draft Dillion at 1.11 though......

14 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

He's going to split time with Dillon and will likely suffer severe TD regression. 

To be more specific I think Jones will have around 50 less carries this year but will still approach 200, and will probably be around 10-12 TDs. But his receptions will go up about 25 to 75 which will make up for some of his td regression. 

Just now, Mark Football said:

To be more specific I think Jones will have around 50 less carries this year but will still approach 200, and will probably be around 10-12 TDs. But his receptions will go up about 25 to 75 which will make up for some of his td regression. 

Say what now?

1 minute ago, Mark Football said:

I actually agree with your broader take here but how do you figure his receptions go up? I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just curious where that is coming from? Not from Dillon taking reps from Jamaal Williams I assume.

I like Jones a lot and I love the WRs available around 1.11. I'd have a really hard time rejecting this. Although I am not down on Jones like others here, this would totally depend on my team needs. But if I need a RB why not take the one that won me back to back ships already, and then add on Jefferson or Pittman at 1.11. Tough choice. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

I actually agree with your broader take here but how do you figure his receptions go up? I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just curious where that is coming from? Not from Dillon taking reps from Jamaal Williams I assume.

I am glad you asked. I've been posting on his player page to try to get the word out so we don't miss out on this year of Jones. I think Lafluer knows what he has in Jones which is a Kamara type talent. He's going to get a Kamara workload. 175+ carries and 100+ targets. If you noticed GB didn't add any real receiving talent so far this off-season. I believe this to be because they found Jones to be a reliable pass catcher and dynamic when he has the ball.  I think his additional targets will come from targets the WRs were getting last year.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 OFF- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****