What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

I like AB's chances of coming back and putting up solid WR2 (maybe WR1) stats for 3-4 years. He is elite when he is out there. Other old greats like Rice and TO produced late into their careers. 
I have 0 doubts he COULD come back and put up elite numbers for another multiple years.  I have tons of doubts that any team would allow him to do that for them.  

Team A: traded 2020 1.11,  2020 2.09, 2021 1st, 2022 1st and Singletary

Team B: received Barkley

Who won? I favor the picks side, what do you think?

Well I own Barkley in exactly one dynasty league, and it was because I took him in the startup this year. I have been rejected without a counter 100% of the time I have tried to get him, and it's usually at least as good an offer as this. Yeah I'd go Barkley here. I don't think it's a bad deal but I wouldn't give him up for this.

I would give all that up in a heartbeat to get Saquon.  I'm not sure Moss doesn't supplant Singletary be seasons end.

Really risky deal but I feel with my team likely not top 2 and the possibility of a lost season--at least for fantasy purposes I had to do it

SF 0.5 PPR

Give: Michael Thomas+2022 3rd

Get: DJ Chark+D'Andre Swift+2021 1st (likely top 5)+2022 1st (likely top 3 with how old his team is)

Hurt to accept but I figured in a year MT will be 28 coming off another great year--but worse than his 2018--with Taysom Hill likely at QB, and didn't think I'd ever get this much value for him

At least I rode him to a championship last year

Last edited by a moderator:
Really risky deal but I feel with my team likely not top 2 and the possibility of a lost season--at least for fantasy purposes I had to do it

Get: DJ Chark+D'Andre Swift+2021 1st (likely top 5)+2022 1st (likely top 3 with how old his team is)

Hurt to accept but I figured in a year MT will be 28 coming off another great year--but worse than his 2018--with Taysom Hill likely at QB, and didn't think I'd ever get this much value for him

i like it for you if the future 1st's are as bad as you say.  

Swift/Chalk combo could end up more valuable than MT as soon as next season (doubtful, but definitely possible).  The 1st's might end up free lottery tickets.

SF 0.5 PPR

Love MT as much as the next guy but this is a great haul for him.

EDIT: someone (ssog?) did some work a few years back about whether any player is really worth four randomly selected firsts and fame to the conclusion that, probably not. If the future picks are truly likely to be high it seems like that should be a decent sized win.

Same could apply to the Saquon trade but it seems like the picks are late so I still probably take Saquon.

^^assuming Saquon and McCaffrey are the first two picks most of the time, that’s essentially taking a randomly selected first rounder to go from your choice from the next tier of MT/Zeke/Kamara to taking whichever of the three falls. I’d do it unless you feel real strongly between them.

edit: it should also be noted that getting random firsts early is the easiest way to get high firsts

Who won this trade?

Team A: gave MIKE Evans +3rd 2021

Team B:  gave TYLER BOYD + Zach moss+ 1st 2021.

I was TEAM A and got Boyd,moss and 1st 

Im having traders remorse or something like that lol

please let me know

Who won this trade?

please let me know
Evans is the best player in this deal so I’ve me him. I don’t see Zach Moss as very valuable so this is a random 1st and Boyd for Evans, which I can see both sides but definitely prefer the proven stud

Who won this trade?

please let me know
I will take the Evans side here...he is a top 10 WR (and I am not sure why a #3 needed to be added in by the way)...I see what you did here but everything you got back has an if tied to it...Boyd is a solid WR and if Burrow is legit he could go the next level...Moss is intriguing and if Singletary goes down he could really produce but right now I just don't see a scenario other then that where he is a guy to be building this deal around...getting a #1 is nice if it ends up high and you hit on in...you basically added depth but lessened your starting line-up and if Brady and Evans hit it off you could really regret this deal...I like both Boyd and Moss but they just don't have the upside for what you are giving up.

I’m probably a little bit more intrigued by shenault than most are and I would take slayton. Slayton doesn’t have the injury history, has established rapport with Jones and I don’t expect shenault to put up the numbers slayton did as a rookie. Shenault and slayton both have high ceilings imo. With what slayton showed in the nfl I believe odds are he has a better chance of reaching his ceiling than shenault. 

I’m probably a little bit more intrigued by shenault than most are and I would take slayton. Slayton doesn’t have the injury history, has established rapport with Jones and I don’t expect shenault to put up the numbers slayton did as a rookie. Shenault and slayton both have high ceilings imo. With what slayton showed in the nfl I believe odds are he has a better chance of reaching his ceiling than shenault. 
A person's approach to this trade basically depends on how much importance they place on draft capital and college prospect profiles. 

I don’t think either has a high ceiling.  I think we’ve seen Slayton’s best.  I’m not actually sure if Shenault will ever reach what Slayton has already done.  I suppose he could.  I suppose he could one up him, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.

Is chase Claypool and AJ Dillon worth a 2021 1st rounder? Projected middle of the round leaning to back end. 

Thanks for help
I would not touch that...Claypool could be good but he has to have a lot go right to be fantasy relevant...Dillon is in a RBBC this year and unless he turns into Henry and Green Bay gets a lot more conservative I don't see him becoming a "primary" back...if you are gonna deal a #1 I think you can do a lot better.

JohnnyU said:
I don’t think either has a high ceiling.  I think we’ve seen Slayton’s best.  I’m not actually sure if Shenault will ever reach what Slayton has already done.  I suppose he could.  I suppose he could one up him, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.
Why do you think we've seen Slayton's best?  I would venture to guess 90%+ of players improve their 2nd year. 

Boston said:
I would not touch that...Claypool could be good but he has to have a lot go right to be fantasy relevant...Dillon is in a RBBC this year and unless he turns into Henry and Green Bay gets a lot more conservative I don't see him becoming a "primary" back...if you are gonna deal a #1 I think you can do a lot better.
I'd pay it but it seems I'm way higher on both these players than consensus. I guess I do see Dillon becoming a primary back and to me Claypool is the most underrated WR (apart from maybe Duvernay) in this draft. Both might be first rounders in weaker drafts IMO. 2 shots at a high level player vs 1 sounds good to me, especially if the pick is later (although I wouldn't assume this).

It's tricky because there's just so much we don't know. It's conceivable to me that they'd each be worth a first this time next year and you'd rather have them than the pick. Equally, they could both have minimal opportunity now and start slow. Even if that's the case though, they are both only being drafted in the mid-late 2nd currently (maybe even later for Claypool?) so I wouldn't see them losing much, if any value. Ultimately, I'm not one who cares much about market value (within reason). If you want a player, go after them and be comfortable with maybe 'losing' a trade to get them on your team, as long as you're not getting completely crushed in the deal. 

Patiently waiting for some Kenyan Drake trades.
He fits in one of those categories where those who own him want more than those who don't wants to give.   I still believe there is a certain amount of uncertainty surrounding Drake in the minds of non-Drake owners, but would like to have him at a good price.  I must say the analysis of him in the Drake thread was pretty compelling and my uneasy feelings about Drake may be unfounded.  I am starting to get sweet on him, but he is older for a dynasty RB.  His value in a redraft is a lot higher than in dynasty IMO.

A rather big trade:

Team Maroon trades: Josh Jacobs &    
   Preston Williams

Team Blue trades: Calvin Ridley & Devin  
   Singletary

Thoughts? One side wins or even trade?
Jacobs and the Unicorn

ETA totally fair though

Users who are viewing this thread