What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (16 Viewers)

A person's approach to this trade basically depends on how much importance they place on draft capital and college prospect profiles. 
You're not wrong.  I think most on this board would favor the Shenault side because there are quite a few amateur scouts around here.  He was a devy darling a few years ago, injury kind of had some writing him off, and he slipped in drafts creating some sort of value, but the upside is clearly there.  With that said he plays way different than Slayton who is a more vertical threat.  Each is adjusting their games to the pro's.  Slayton adding bulk, high point ability and open field ability, Shenault adding quickness, health, and speed to become a vertical threat.  Usually the player without vertical speed isn't really expected to be faster and be the deep threat, but the player with elite speed can add more to their game.  Slayton is a really weird one to me.  

Why doesn’t Slayton have upside?
Fair question. I probably overstated the difference. I think Slay's success was largely a function of Tate, Shepard and Engram each missing a huge chunk of the season. Low draft capitol. Low BMI. Not a lot of balls to share with anyone along with Barkley, Tate, Shepard, and Engram if they are mostly healthy. But he had a lot of breakaway plays with a hot and cold rookie QB and whie not dominant, he provided a spark. I should have said that I think Shenault's physical attributes give him a better chance to be a star, but either can be solid starters for their teams or invisible 2 years down the road. I'll still take Shenault.    🙂

Slayton and Shenault could arrive at roughly equal end-of-year numbers but get there in different ways.

Shenault (this year anyway) seems like a guy to get you a middling number of points each and every week.

Slayton, like last year, will be more up and down.

So dealer's choice on which you prefer. Me, I don't like chasing points like with Slayton (in fact, I traded him straight up to get Zack Moss).

Here's a snippet from an article:

When Evan Engram was on the field. Darius Slayton averaged six fewer targets a game. In fact, Slayton saw a significant decrease in all statistical categories with Engram healthy.

Given that Slayton is the tallest of the three wide receivers (6-1), he assumed more of a tight end role for the offense. He also assumed more targets and ran more short to intermediate routes without their star tight end (as indicated by his yards per reception).

With Engram fully healthy, Slayton will have a hard time getting enough targets to be fantasy relevant. His yards per reception will surely go up, but with so many options for Daniel Jones, Slayton will be too volatile for fantasy owners in 2020. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Zealots PPR IDP

Gave: Jonnu Smith, Late 2021 3rd

Got: Mid 2021 2nd

Starting TE is Fant and even though Smith is a hot name now, he's actually played a lot the last couple years and hasn't really set the world on fire. Plus I need some earlier picks next year (had no 1st or 2nd picks) and to free up some roster space. 

For reference, I offered Slayton for Shenault in a non-ppr IDP Zealots league and was turned down cold.

Of course, Zealots players are getting worse at trading all the time, IMO.

For reference, I offered Slayton for Shenault in a non-ppr IDP Zealots league and was turned down cold.

Of course, Zealots players are getting worse at trading all the time, IMO.
You'd have to think Slayton was a mid-second round pick to accept that deal. I can see where that was turned down. Hopefully at least an explanation was offered. 

My new experience has been a lot of low ball offers as I reconstruct what was done. I mean, I don't know if you read my response to you in the bad trades thread, but I got offered some real doozies, and I'm willing to deal at costs to me just to get guys I want or more picks, etc. But talk about an arm and a leg to get anything done.

You'd have to think Slayton was a mid-second round pick to accept that deal. I can see where that was turned down. Hopefully at least an explanation was offered. 

My new experience has been a lot of low ball offers as I reconstruct what was done. I mean, I don't know if you read my response to you in the bad trades thread, but I got offered some real doozies, and I'm willing to deal at costs to me just to get guys I want or more picks, etc. But talk about an arm and a leg to get anything done.
Seems like people upthread here thing that's the case. That may be true, but not always.  :shrug:   There was no explanation given for my offer. 

And then in a PPR league I had a guy offer me a late 2nd next year for Robert Woods. Dude, I'm not an idiot. 

Seems like people upthread here thing that's the case. That may be true, but not always.  :shrug:   There was no explanation given for my offer. 

And then in a PPR league I had a guy offer me a late 2nd next year for Robert Woods. Dude, I'm not an idiot.
Yeah, I'm just going by general consensus and not individual evaluation.

And I can see that offer on Woods, I guess, but I wouldn't take that deal either. I think, in your discussion on Woods, somebody (FreeBaGeL?) put it best when he or she said that those guys that are older? Their true value is when they start scoring points during the season and everyone sees that instead of looking at a blank sheet with their age on it.

rockaction said:

Andy Dufresne said:

I would snap accept if someone offered me Slayton for Shenault. I think he is criminally undervalued right now. I believe in 2nd year WRs that ball out as rookies. I don't dislike Shenault but I think Chark is the clear number 1 there. I also think the presence of Barkley gives Slayton very high upside in terms of how the Giants are defended.

I would snap accept if someone offered me Slayton for Shenault. I think he is criminally undervalued right now. I believe in 2nd year WRs that ball out as rookies. I don't dislike Shenault but I think Chark is the clear number 1 there. I also think the presence of Barkley gives Slayton very high upside in terms of how the Giants are defended.
Yes. Agreed.

Future Draft Picks Question:

Was offered 2021 2nd, 3rd & 4th (all mid-rounds est.) for my 2021 1st (probably mid-round). Take it?

And: how/where does one find appropriate value of future round picks? Percentage of 2020 picks? DTC assigns some limited point values.

Was offered 2021 2nd, 3rd & 4th (all mid-rounds est.) for my 2021 1st (probably mid-round). Take it?

And: how/where does one find appropriate value of future round picks? Percentage of 2020 picks? DTC assigns some limited point values.
I would not take that unless I was getting back a first. And I'm probably the guy who would take the least for that here. I'm new. 

Think of your 1st as being worth 253 points according to Dynasty League Football's calc.

Then assign the second round 94 or so points. Then the third at like fifty.

Those are their values right now and the calcs are generally not in line until later in the process.

Don't give up your first rounder and not get one back. That's just a losing trade right now and in the future. 

robb said:

I not taking that deal.  keep the 1st.

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  
Seems to me that he should have tried to get Sanders+ from that guy if he wanted to move on from Kamara so badly. 

This belongs on the worst trade offers thread.  I don't believe in vetoing trades but damn if this wouldn't make me want to.

Team B couldn't wait until week 5 and then trade to a contender who needs a rb for a package that actually improves his team?

This belongs on the worst trade offers thread.  I don't believe in vetoing trades but damn if this wouldn't make me want to.

Team B couldn't wait until week 5 and then trade to a contender who needs a rb for a package that actually improves his team?
Everyone is pretty stingy on trades in this league.  Usually hard to get things done in the first place. 

Everyone is pretty stingy on trades in this league.  Usually hard to get things done in the first place. 
You know I'm new. I never do that deal. But I might if I hadn't been hanging around here for years and also learned on the fly. There are things I did months ago I'd never do. Doesn't change the logic behind saying he got a bum deal for Kamara.

A guy is only worth what the maximum anyone is willing to pay for him.

in this case... yikes

I really want to call it horrible but IDK the 1.07 could really hit. I think this class is just nasty. But I would easily pay that for Kamara. If this guy has been shopping him all offseason I am surprised he couldn't do better, but the new owner syndrome isn't to be underestimated.

I really want to call it horrible but IDK the 1.07 could really hit. I think this class is just nasty. But I would easily pay that for Kamara. If this guy has been shopping him all offseason I am surprised he couldn't do better, but the new owner syndrome isn't to be underestimated.
Well, he should have gotten the 1.7 with Sanders.

16 team .5 RB/1 WR/1.5 TE ppr, WR/TE started as recievers, no mandatory TE slot. 

I gave: Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Blake Jarwin.

I got: Mark Andrews, RGIII, 2021 1st. 

I am getting the sell high vibe on Jones and got Barkley in the offseason. Got RGIII as a throw-in as I have L-Jax so some COVID short term insurance. 

We can start 1-3 RB and 3-5 WR/TE. Still have Thomas, Hopkins, Diggs and Hilton as starters. 

That is atrocious lol

Ooff...

I always feel like if you have to look at a trade from multiple angles to try and make it look not that bad, it’s a bad trade. Too much has to go right for the package side to make this deal worth it. There has to be SOMEONE who would have given a better deal... maybe not.

16 team .5 RB/1 WR/1.5 TE ppr, WR/TE started as recievers, no mandatory TE slot. 

I gave: Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Blake Jarwin.

I got: Mark Andrews, RGIII, 2021 1st. 

I am getting the sell high vibe on Jones and got Barkley in the offseason. Got RGIII as a throw-in as I have L-Jax so some COVID short term insurance. 

We can start 1-3 RB and 3-5 WR/TE. Still have Thomas, Hopkins, Diggs and Hilton as starters. 
I was in board until I saw no TE required. 

1.5 for TE doesn’t move the needle THAT much for me for TEs. 

There is some obvious TD regression coming for Jones, but a lot of people count him out of GB in 2021, but I just don’t see it. It’s Jamaal Williams who will be gone; I really think they resign Jones.

I think this deal was a pretty good one, and a good sell of Jones if you didn’t add Jarwin. I think he tips the scale here in about the value of a 2021 2nd. At least that’s what my trusty calc says 

I just took over a team and was offered a late 1st, late 2nd and OJ Howard for Kamara, from the league champ. I don't really have a top TE and everyone in the league seems to think I should overpay for their backup TE's.

Gimme the Kamara side, obviously in context that it also is the win-now team. 

that said, the deciding factor of any rebuild trade is “did the person who gave up Kamara get that much better?”

hard to say until we see the picks of course, but I would have liked to have seen at least one quality starter coming back and I have my doubts that either Edmonds or Harris are that guy. 

IMO 3rd and 4th round picks rarely amount to much, and 1.07 seems unlikely to net them anything resembling Kamara’s value. Or 2.09 for that matter. 

to give up a player of Kamara’s age, ability & situation I’d want at least a 1.01-1.04 in return. 

so even in context, if I’m the Kamara owner I’d stand pat there & try to deal something else In order to then build around Kamara. 

As-is, I don’t like this for the Kamara owner at all. A bad team + Kamara is better than a bad team - Kamara, and I’m not really seeing the opportunity to improve that significantly.  

the team that got Kamara wins this deal by a lot, IMO. 

I just took over a team and was offered a late 1st, late 2nd and OJ Howard for Kamara, from the league champ. I don't really have a top TE and everyone in the league seems to think I should overpay for their backup TE's.
I would decline such an offer. Perhaps not very politely. Heh

Yeah, I don’t love the part about that owner shopping him all offseason, as though it justifies selling low. 

if I can’t get what I want for a player I hang onto the player. 

i put Hopkins on the block last season & received offers from 8/12 teams. Nothing I wanted so I stood pat. I still have Hopkins, and I’m glad I didn’t settle. If the right offer comes in, any of my players are available, but being desperate is arguably the worst position to deal from. 

12 Team PPR Superflex TE Premium

My team is a contender that needed a Flex upgrade.

Gave: 2021 2nd , 2022 1st, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd

Got: Austin Ekeler

Flex is now Ekeler as opposed to: James White, Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder

12 Team PPR Superflex TE Premium

My team is a contender that needed a Flex upgrade.

Gave: 2021 2nd , 2022 1st, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd

Got: Austin Ekeler

Flex is now Ekeler as opposed to: James White, Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder
So if I’m reading this right your first rounders are likely to be late since you’re a competitive team?  But then again, 2022 is a-ways off. Stuff can happen. You could have a bad 2021. They could be high picks. 

That’s a lot to pay. Man. I like Eck this year, but you’re putting a lot of eggs into one basket. 

if it was a 2022 1st & a 2021 2nd I could see it. The extra 1st rounder isn’t where I think you’re overpaying. 

Obviously, Eck has to perform for this to be judged a good deal for you. Considering how much you paid, he’d probably have to be a top 12 RB for this to be worth it. 

And RB is a dangerous position. I’m always weary about spending a ton on one. but that all said, that’s me. It’s not terrible.

It should help your team in the short term.

long-term could be challenging. 

So if I’m reading this right your first rounders are likely to be late since you’re a competitive team?  But then again, 2022 is a-ways off. Stuff can happen. You could have a bad 2021. They could be high picks. 

That’s a lot to pay. Man. I like Eck this year, but you’re putting a lot of eggs into one basket. 

if it was a 2022 1st & a 2021 2nd I could see it. The extra 1st rounder isn’t where I think you’re overpaying. 

Obviously, Eck has to perform for this to be judged a good deal for you. Considering how much you paid, he’d probably have to be a top 12 RB for this to be worth it. 

And RB is a dangerous position. I’m always weary about spending a ton on one. but that all said, that’s me. It’s not terrible.

It should help your team in the short term.

long-term could be challenging. 
You are reading it right, I’m likely a top 4-ish team all things being equal.  And I see the points being made that this is an overpay and I agree to a point but honestly, every league is so different, and this league in particular has a crazy high view of RB’s.  

As for Ekeler needing to be top twelve to justify the trade, I think he can achieve that but I am not counting on it.  Rolling out Zeke, Dalvin and Ekeler is much more appealing to me than that spot being held by James White, Marvin Jones or Jamison Crowder.

Part of the appeal for me was that he would accept picks only.  No other starting RB was available for picks.  Did I overpay?  Yes.  The question is by how much and was it worth it and I just can’t answer that yet. 

I’m still happy with the deal and that’s what matters most.

Cheers dude!

You are reading it right, I’m likely a top 4-ish team all things being equal.  And I see the points being made that this is an overpay and I agree to a point but honestly, every league is so different, and this league in particular has a crazy high view of RB’s.  

As for Ekeler needing to be top twelve to justify the trade, I think he can achieve that but I am not counting on it.  Rolling out Zeke, Dalvin and Ekeler is much more appealing to me than that spot being held by James White, Marvin Jones or Jamison Crowder.

Part of the appeal for me was that he would accept picks only.  No other starting RB was available for picks.  Did I overpay?  Yes.  The question is by how much and was it worth it and I just can’t answer that yet. 

I’m still happy with the deal and that’s what matters most.

Cheers dude!
Sometimes you’ve got to over pay a little to get your guy. Like you said, you’re happy with the deal and that is what’s important. And I agree that Ekeler in your lineup each week looks a lot better than those other guys. Good luck! 

Users who are viewing this thread